HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Kings down Sens 4-3

Closed Thread

Old
10-15-2003, 09:16 PM
LuckyLUC20

vCash: 500
KINGS own the SENS... I think they're 8-1-1 in the past 10 meetings with the Sens... wow. lol...Kings also have the current longest unbeaten home opener streak in the NHL.

anyway, the Kings play the Bruins on Saturday, not the Flyers...

GO KINGS!

Old
10-15-2003, 09:30 PM
IGM

The Kings looked AWFUL in the first period and only average the rest of the night and they were still good enough to beat an awsome Sens team that just didn't seem to be able to bring their A game for the entire 60 tonite. The Sens are super scarry and I wouldn't be suprised if this was their year. Put in L and I think it would have been a different outcome.

The Kings though, without Allison/Deader/Miller/Norstrom (funny how it is their top two up front AND in back that are out) are deep enough this year to ice a competitive enough team to play with the big boys. If they get healthy they could make some noise this year. Of course, I doubt they will ever get healthy at this point but anything is possible.

Typical "mighty" ducks fan to come in and make a total ass of themselves all the while making them look even more ignorant then anyone ever thought possible. If I were JS I would sue you to make it so that you couldn't use my name ever. I still bet that my pre season prediction for Feds getting his usual 60-70 points and that V Prospal will land between 50 and 60 will stand at the end of the year.

I can't wait for our first meeting. It is going to be great watching the luckiest team of last year pull another Carolina.

Old
10-15-2003, 09:33 PM
Other Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by FacelessButcher
I would like to know what is up with all the *****ing penalties
If the players would stop hooking, slashing, tripping, crosschecking, boarding and interfering with their opponents, the refs would probably call fewer penalties.

Other Dave

Old
10-15-2003, 10:23 PM
Grady41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Other Dave
If the players would stop hooking, slashing, tripping, crosschecking, boarding and interfering with their opponents, the refs would probably call fewer penalties.

Other Dave
Why don't we just ask the refs to stop looking for penalties that way they won't call any I think some have stopped doing this anytime I see A game where McGeough is a ref its always the back ref making calls even when MAGOO is standing 3 feet from the play

Old
10-15-2003, 10:48 PM
Vlad The Impaler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby
Excellent game.
I did not find it very exciting. It was one of the most boring night this season, not that it was atrocious or anything. I just enjoyed better hockey in previous days. I liked the comeback, though.

Most entertaining moment of the game was when the clueless Fox guy called #3: Zdena Charo (with the tone of a play-by-play guy who is hurriedly looking at the roster sheet). Then a minute later, embarassed, he corrects himself and tells us (with the tone of a guy reading up his notes because he knows zilch) "Big Zdeno Chara is a 6 foot 9 defenseman".

No *****. I thought he was a 5 foot 9 finesse forward

Old
10-16-2003, 03:42 AM
Other Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad The Impaler
Most entertaining moment of the game was when the clueless Fox guy called #3: Zdena Charo (with the tone of a play-by-play guy who is hurriedly looking at the roster sheet). Then a minute later, embarassed, he corrects himself and tells us (with the tone of a guy reading up his notes because he knows zilch) "Big Zdeno Chara is a 6 foot 9 defenseman".
You can sort of see where he can get confused though:

Chara

Charo

Other Dave

Old
10-16-2003, 05:35 AM
kingbrath

vCash: 984
Quote:
Originally Posted by Other Dave
You can sort of see where he can get confused though:

Chara

Charo

Other Dave

good stuff!!!!

Old
10-16-2003, 05:36 AM
kingbrath

vCash: 984
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiggyIsTheNextRoy
Ducks will still finish with 90+ regular season points. And we all know what the Ducks can do in the playoffs.

no, we all know what J.S Giguere can do in the playoffs

Old
10-16-2003, 05:49 AM
Laperriere22*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby
Brown-Stumpel-Palffy line creates offense every shift
Hmm, I thought Palffy stunk in the first period. Most everything he did resulted in him turning the puck over. He was much better later on. I thought Stumpel sucked the entire game. He got a goal, but that guy wasn't doing anything positive otherwise. He failed to clear the zone a few times, made crappy passes all night, and turned the puck over all the time. Brown was stellar outside of his penalties (he took a good penalty taking down Alfredsson though).

I was actually very impressed with Visnovsky. That was the best Visnovsky has looked to me in two seasons. If he steps up his play, then the injury woes will be lessened, at least on the blueline.

Old
10-16-2003, 08:05 AM
IGM

That clueless fox guy had a pretty good NHL career and has been with the kings since the early 80's as well as being around the announcing team for a few years now. I heard the whole game and think I know what part of the game you are talking about and while I normally agree with every take you have I have to dissagree with you on this one. Foxy does a solid job and I can promise you (as witnessed by his calling games for several years now and having heard him talk about Chara from when he was with the Isles) that he knew he Chara is. I think that with you might be venting a little frustration on foxy for your team's poor play.

That being said, I agree with your take on the game being boring and know that the Sens are a significantly better team then they showed tonite (I have been able to watch each of their other games this year and they blew Mont out). I will say that even though the Kings didn't look that great that they did beat the best team in the league in my opinion tonite without their two top D men and two of their top forwards in the line up. It is waaaaay to early to say what will happen but I don't think it is out of line to say that the Sens should battle the Devils again for the top spot in the Atl and I wouldn't be suprised to see the Kings (as I have been saying since the beggining of TC) be battling to do some damage in the PC.

Or, an ugly game that doesn't mean much to the Sens but will end up meaning a bit to the Kings later on down the road.

Old
10-16-2003, 08:25 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brath

Old
10-16-2003, 08:45 AM
Vlad The Impaler

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGM
I think that with you might be venting a little frustration on foxy for your team's poor play.
Which team? I am "teamless" :p

Old
10-16-2003, 12:46 PM
Burke's Evil Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad The Impaler
Which team? I am "teamless" :p
LIES

Old
10-16-2003, 02:44 PM
Snap Wilson

Mugs:

Give credit where it's due. As much as it pains me to say it, The Kings played one hell of a game against the Sens. The Sens have all the talent in the world, but the Kings *worked* them last night. Nothing "average" about that performance. The Kings handled it like it was a playoff game and they deserved to win.

MoneyP

Old
10-17-2003, 12:18 AM
I Am Ziggy Palffy

sens big guys like bonk, hossa and redden were invisible in the game...only guys who stood out were affredson and chara....affredson because he scored the sens first two....chara becasue it seemed like every kings were taking runs at him...getting the worst of it also...

Old
10-17-2003, 12:21 AM
I Am Ziggy Palffy

also...nice to see luc back...and scoring the first goal at home...tat was pretty well done...it was funny when the kings undressed players were being announced...not including the scratches, the kings have over $20M worth of players injured...wats their payroll...43m???

Old
10-17-2003, 04:44 PM
lux_interior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brath
And we all know what Chechmanek can do too.

Closed Thread