HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

THe Habs were the toughest team the Bruins played -- by a lot

Closed Thread

Old
06-16-2011, 07:27 AM
Capitano

vCash: 500
You should just go and enjoy your victory at your forum. Imo it's in poor taste to come here and post when you've won the ultimate prize...just go and enjoy it.

It's easy to take the high road when you've won it all in other words...

Old
06-16-2011, 07:28 AM
Suiteness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
[...]but if I were you I'd be a wee bit worried about next year. The Bruins aren't likely to miss the playoffs, mind, but this Cup run is going to create expectations they really don't have the horses to fulfill.
I think this should apply to every single team in the East for two reasons:

1. I doubt Crosby and Malkin will both be injured again at this time of year again next season and;

2. The Flyers seem to be serious about getting an actual NHL goaltender next year.

Old
06-16-2011, 07:32 AM
Patccmoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savynquick View Post
Woke up feeling amazing. And promised I wouldn't troll or get infracted. We can all be friends
Then how about you change your avatar to something like 'We won the cup!' and not something taunting Habs fan? Just an honest suggestion...

Old
06-16-2011, 07:32 AM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossBruin824 View Post
36 year old life long B's fan here and of course I had to pop in to see your reactions to us winning the cup. I have to be honest, I am a bit surprised at some of the pure hate.

First off, the Chara/Max incident was a horrible thing and I promise you that 99% of the B's fans out there felt/feel terrible about his injury. Much like 99% of Van fans are classy and peaceful. The 1%ers can be real loud and make you think they are larger in numbers than they really are. I bet that this morning some of the world assumes the entire Rogers Center poured out into the street and lit the city ablaze when in fact it was a small number not representative of the fan base. Chara is not a dirty player. If you could have paused "life" for a moment just before that hit and told him that he was about to break Max's kneck, I GUARANTY you he would have cut right and avoided him. I'm sure his intention was to rattle him and bounce him to the ice but not to injure him.

Second, you were definitely the B's toughest series. That makes you a great team also. I love when the Habs are great because it makes us better and it makes the rivalry more passionate. Wouldn't it be boring if one of us won every year and the other had a lottery pick? 3 seasons ago when you guys were 12-0 against us, it honestly got boring because they were not competitive games. As much as I hate the Habs, they instantly become the team I root for as soon as the B's get bounced. Why? Because I have respect for the rivalry and the good it has done for our organizations. Believe that your management's goal this off season is to get better than the B's. Just like it has been our goal in recent years to get better than you and look at the by product of that, we won the cup!

Here's to a short summer, we'll see you in October.
You're sure of that....

Old
06-16-2011, 07:34 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Woke up feeling amazing. And promised I wouldn't troll or get infracted. We can all be friends
What if we don't want to be your friend?

Old
06-16-2011, 07:34 AM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Congrats on the Cup win, hopefully I get that feeling one day.

Old
06-16-2011, 07:38 AM
Souvenirs

I always thought I'd be so mad if the Bruins won the cup, but it turns out that I don't actually care this morning. I just feel optimistic. Last year, we went to the East finals, this year we were 1 goal away from eliminating the Cup Chhampions. I think we have a good team with a lot character and PK and Carey will lead us to the Stanley Cup one day. We're a few upgrades awayfrom being a consistent playoff threat IMHO.

Old
06-16-2011, 07:38 AM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suiteness View Post
I think this should apply to every single team in the East for two reasons:

1. I doubt Crosby and Malkin will both be injured again at this time of year again next season and;

2. The Flyers seem to be serious about getting an actual NHL goaltender next year.
True, and you could have mentioned New Jersey. But my point is the Bruins weren't particularly convincing all year (despite the inflated goal-differential) and that they're not likely to do this well next year.

Old
06-16-2011, 07:40 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suiteness View Post
I
I heard Vancouver is looking to trade away their goalie.

Old
06-16-2011, 07:41 AM
LeHab

You would not be so classy if the Bruins had lost game 7 yesterday.

Old
06-16-2011, 07:42 AM
Krnage

Quote:
sorry..i can't be friend with Bruins fan

Old
06-16-2011, 07:44 AM
onebighockeyfan

Quote:
36 year old life long B's fan here and of course I had to pop in to see your reactions to us winning the cup. I have to be honest, I am a bit surprised at some of the pure hate.

First off, the Chara/Max incident was a horrible thing and I promise you that 99% of the B's fans out there felt/feel terrible about his injury. Much like 99% of Van fans are classy and peaceful. The 1%ers can be real loud and make you think they are larger in numbers than they really are. I bet that this morning some of the world assumes the entire Rogers Center poured out into the street and lit the city ablaze when in fact it was a small number not representative of the fan base. Chara is not a dirty player. If you could have paused "life" for a moment just before that hit and told him that he was about to break Max's kneck, I GUARANTY you he would have cut right and avoided him. I'm sure his intention was to rattle him and bounce him to the ice but not to injure him.

Second, you were definitely the B's toughest series. That makes you a great team also. I love when the Habs are great because it makes us better and it makes the rivalry more passionate. Wouldn't it be boring if one of us won every year and the other had a lottery pick? 3 seasons ago when you guys were 12-0 against us, it honestly got boring because they were not competitive games. As much as I hate the Habs, they instantly become the team I root for as soon as the B's get bounced. Why? Because I have respect for the rivalry and the good it has done for our organizations. Believe that your management's goal this off season is to get better than the B's. Just like it has been our goal in recent years to get better than you and look at the by product of that, we won the cup!

Here's to a short summer, we'll see you in October.
Typical Bruins fan. Gracious only in victory. Whatever.

Old
06-16-2011, 07:45 AM
DAChampion

The Bruins are going to be a much stronger team over time. It's rational to expect Tyler Seguin to have a Steven Stamkos style learning curve. Brian Burke is also sending them a 9th overall or something like that this year, to help them out. Meanwhile, they have two excellent goalies, and superb offensive depth though the concussions may catch up to them.

How they do in the future will depend on injuries and how Chiarelli manages his assets. He needs a deeper defense. Realistically though they are a legitimate shot at maintaining a dynasty in the next few seasons.

Old
06-16-2011, 07:50 AM
CrazyShea

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelletier666 View Post
and still find a way to take shots at us while being "classy"

Old
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:

Let's ignore the entire lead up to the incident demonstrating the history between those two players. Or how Chara's known in Montreal for a sucker punch on Ivannas that broke his face.

Tell us what you thought of Cooke after he ended Savard's career. Now think of how that would relate to what Hab's fans think of Chara.

Or better yet lets start a thought experiment:

Lets say Habs players did the following things this last season.

-Roman Hamrlik gives Horton a major concussion like the one Rome gave him. In a later incident, ex-Bruin Hal Gill goes on radio and questions whether the injury was exaggerated to get a suspension for Hamrlik.

- Hamrlik in fact receives no suspension for the hit in a decision that many active players speak out against.

-After scoring a playoff goal in Boston, Wisniewski skates around with his middle finger raised to the crowd.

- Wisniewski also blindside hits Peverley far away from the puck in a situation where it is hard to determine if it was deliberate or not.

- Before a game in Boston, rookie Max Pacioretty goes on record calling out the entire Bruins team as a bunch of divers.

- At the end of a game they are have a comfortable lead in. Montreal sends out Moen, White and Gill who pick fights with smaller non-fighters Krejci, Kaberle and Seguin. Moen hits Seguin repeatedly with the sharp edge of his elbow pad.

- In this world, Geoff Molson is the Chairman of the Board of Governors and Greg Campbell plays 4th line for Montreal, raising serious questions about the impartiality of the NHL disciplinary system with regards to the Canadiens.

This is followed by the Habs winning the cup. How happy about that would you think the average Bruin fan would be? After considering this, how surprised are you really at "some of the pure hate."

I'm not trying to mock you or drive you away. I am asking you this honestly. Try considering this from a perspective not your own.

I like a good rivalry. It makes the games more fun when the competition is more animated. I can even get up for watching Habs vs. Leafs these past years despite the disparity in quality of the two teams. Boston/Montreal has given me some of my favorite playoff series to watch, including this year's losing effort for the most part.

But the rivalry wasn't fun this year. Way to much stupid side-show bull**** instead of actual hockey. I don't care who can beat up who or who can cheap shot someone to gain an advantage. I want to watch the game played on the ice with the puck and good hard physical play that's entirely within both the letter and spirit of the rules. The rest should be kicked out of my favorite sport.

I also got to see a promising young man be inches from a coffin because of Boston's team captain. A play he had no justification for as it lied outside the rules of the game and was done so in a reckless fashion. I could care less what you think he intended to do. No one can possibly know that and I think its puerile that people defend him on such a specious argument.

So that's why I feel distaste at the image of Boston Bruins 2010-2011 Stanley Cup Champions. Its purely my own opinion but I don't think its an unreasonable one.

Old
loveblood20

It is funny to see them coming here all high and mighty after a cup run and STILL having to defend their players.

If your players *coughcharacough* were so innocent, why do you still try to defend them??? even STARTING a thread with that??? makes me wonder....

Congrats on the cup and I hope you guys never win it again.

Cheers mate

Old
06-16-2011, 07:52 AM
theboss*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
Yeah, well, besides Tim Thomas, the rest of your team can blow me.
**** Thomas, it's all about Bergeron!

Old
06-16-2011, 07:55 AM
Ghetto Sangria
Groupthink

I do understand OP's intentions were nice. But you do realize this is just more trolling? You beat us in the 1st series... why would you come here on the habs forum to say these things, it just rubs it in our faces. While the attempt was nice, this thread just pisses me off and I want OP to know if ever Thomas wins a cup for your team again that you shouldn't come here to say these things... go to the Vancouver board to say it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savynquick
Like this... why come here and say that? You didn't beat us in the final round, you beat vancouver. I would still say this is considered trolling lol, whether you know it or not.

But congrats on the victory... you cant not like thomas. It was nice to see his incredible season end with a cup.

Old
06-16-2011, 07:58 AM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:

The playoffs are a war or attrition. The cup winning and losing teams are asked to play every other night for 2+ months with the intesity ramping up after each and every game. Being prepared for that and constantly rising to the challenge day in and day out is part of the championship recipe.
I'd feel far better about that if Boston didn't have the alarming tendency of helping attrition along on the other teams.

I don't mean to imply they go out with a deliberate intent to injure. But making a habit of borderline chippy plays eventual results in someone getting hurt. And two guys with broken vertebrae.

This is in my opinion, way more immoral than the diving gamesmanship that every team employs these days and I'm disturbed by people from many fan bases that have tried to suggest a false equivalence between the two.

Old
06-16-2011, 07:58 AM
Skarjak

Come on guys, at least show some respect to the Bruins fans that are being nice. It's just a game after all.

Honestly, I am still pissed about the Chara hit, and that is why I did not want to see the Bruins win. I think most Habs fan are incensed by this cup win because we feel the Bruins got away with a lot of dirty plays throughout the season, and we think the game should be won by speed and skill (which some Bruins players certainly show, but the dirty plays are what we remember).

I think that Chara wanted to hurt Pacioretty. He was clearly looking for his head since that little incident in OT. I don't think he wanted to hurt him so badly though. However, some of the disgracious reactions from Bruins fans (and from Dr. Recchi...) have poured a lot of oil on this fire.

Add to this the seemingly unwarranted hate towards Subban, and you get why we feel pure hatred towards your team.

I can still acknowledge that some of the Bruins players are good guys, but it just seems like they become cavemen when playing in the presence of Chara.

Old
06-16-2011, 07:59 AM
AlexC

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelletier666 View Post
Apply to any fans, including us.

Classy post BossBruin, thank you. Except Chara is a hot head and lose it when things are getting a little emotional. I don't care how he is in "real" life, on the ice he's dangerous (and it's not even intentional)

Old
06-16-2011, 08:01 AM
DAChampion

Chara has an IQ of 70, maybe 75 based on what I've seen of him. It's not his fault.

It's the NHL's fault for not giving him a 30 game suspension, never mind all the suspensions he should have had for previous hits. Like any dumb animal he would have responded to stimulus.

Old
06-16-2011, 08:04 AM
CrazyShea

The mentality shared within their organization and fanbase is disgusting. Such hypocrites. From diving all series to shoving their fingers in the Canucks faces after Julien said they would not what a disgrace to hockey.

Old
06-16-2011, 08:10 AM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
Chara has an IQ of 70, maybe 75 based on what I've seen of him. It's not his fault.

It's the NHL's fault for not giving him a 30 game suspension, never mind all the suspensions he should have had for previous hits. Like any dumb animal he would have responded to stimulus.
That isn't fair in the slightest. We have no reason to think Chara isn't a reasonably intelligent man. He certainly doesn't come off as a moron in interviews.

There is the point though that it is the leagues fault that the haven't been policing this. Especially since Chara's lack of discipline reinforces the widestanding (and somewhat accurate I'm afraid) believe that there are different rules for different players. Star players especially seem to get special treatment from the head office while the goons and plugs get sacrificed. There's also the ridiculous has never been subject to discipline before excuse. Something which will provide a continual reason not to punish someone they don't want to.

I applauded the Rome suspension because finally something was being done. But its only good if its a sign of a new standard that will be consistently enforced. Otherwise its just grandstanding.

Old
06-16-2011, 08:35 AM
otto bond

What is this BS

Closed Thread