HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers resign Grenier and Giroux

Closed Thread

Old
08-25-2005, 03:51 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Rangers resign Grenier and Giroux

http://www.newyorkrangers.com/pressb...es.asp?id=1708
http://www.newyorkrangers.com/pressb...es.asp?id=1707

Old
08-25-2005, 03:55 PM
NYC Aim 4588

vCash:
Thanks for the update. good move getting especially giroux signed.

Old
08-25-2005, 03:59 PM
Taz

i like both these guys

Old
08-25-2005, 11:54 PM
caldercup0

Send a message via AIM to caldercup0
Grenier will most likely be in Hartford, wheras Giroux should be on the Rangers roster all season.

Old
08-26-2005, 06:45 AM
shoothepuck

I like Giroux, Grenier needs some work.

Old
08-26-2005, 10:35 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

What do you guys think of Giroux? Future?

Old
08-26-2005, 10:52 AM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC
What do you guys think of Giroux? Future?
I think Giroux, coming off a very solid year last year, has a decent shot at making the Rangers this season, either on a 2nd offensive line (not that he's an NHL 2nd liner) or as a 4th liner....Unless Rucchin takes up all his potential ice time.......But seriosuly, I see him battling the likes of Prucha, Lundmark, Ortmeir for NHL roles...

Old
08-26-2005, 11:22 AM
eco's bones

It's possible we'll see Grenier. If not Purinton he's the next logical choice for heavyweight.

Old
08-26-2005, 11:30 AM
Taz

We're pretty weak on LW and Giroux seems to find the back of the net and does most things well, Quite Fast, decent size, fights can lay a hit maybe a little inconsistant with putting up points i think he'll make a good 3rd line winger in the NHL but i could see him on the 4th due to prucha being signed.

Old
08-26-2005, 11:39 AM
E-Train

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones
It's possible we'll see Grenier. If not Purinton he's the next logical choice for heavyweight.
I hope so, he's just so much bigger and a better fighter than Purinton. From what I saw in his limited action last season and the NHL cup of coffee in '03-'04 he should be able to handle the 4th line LW/7th D-man spot.

Old
08-26-2005, 11:56 AM
Fish

I think perhaps your opinion of Purinton is affecting your opinion of Grenier...I don't see him as much of an improvement (if any) over Purinton in the fighting department...they both have good size and I'd say Purinton is the better skater of the two (which isn't saying much).

Realistically Grenier and Purinton would be more suited to playing 4th line wing than defense and then only sparingly. Grenier has better control over his emotions than Purinton and is also willing to play forward...but he's not as "talented" as a hockey player as Purinton is IMO.

Old
08-26-2005, 12:15 PM
E-Train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish
I think perhaps your opinion of Purinton is affecting your opinion of Grenier...I don't see him as much of an improvement (if any) over Purinton in the fighting department...they both have good size and I'd say Purinton is the better skater of the two (which isn't saying much).

Realistically Grenier and Purinton would be more suited to playing 4th line wing than defense and then only sparingly. Grenier has better control over his emotions than Purinton and is also willing to play forward...but he's not as "talented" as a hockey player as Purinton is IMO.
The funny thing is I was a huge Purinton supporter and was really happy to see him play so solidly the first half of '02-'03 (I believe). It's just that it's been all down hill since then.

I think the skating is a push with Grenier looking more awkward because of the extra size. Even with Dale having a bit more hockey talent, I would rather have my 4th line goon be 4 years younger and far bigger. I do see your points though.

Old
08-26-2005, 12:19 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish

I agree there's no way you play either one of these guys on defense. Grenier used to have quite a reputation as a fighter. He was considered the best in his draft class. His skating is not good. We pretty much know what Purinton is like. He's a loose cannon but has defended his teammates pretty well over the years. Do I want him back? Not really. But we're going to need somebody and for the moment they're the two best choices.

Old
08-26-2005, 03:37 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Compare Giroux to Ward. Whos better? They seem to be on par with eachother.

Closed Thread