HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

THe Habs were the toughest team the Bruins played -- by a lot

Closed Thread

Old
06-16-2011, 08:41 AM
otto bond

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
That isn't fair in the slightest. We have no reason to think Chara isn't a reasonably intelligent man. He certainly doesn't come off as a moron in interviews.

There is the point though that it is the leagues fault that the haven't been policing this. Especially since Chara's lack of discipline reinforces the widestanding (and somewhat accurate I'm afraid) believe that there are different rules for different players. Star players especially seem to get special treatment from the head office while the goons and plugs get sacrificed. There's also the ridiculous has never been subject to discipline before excuse. Something which will provide a continual reason not to punish someone they don't want to.

I applauded the Rome suspension because finally something was being done. But its only good if its a sign of a new standard that will be consistently enforced. Otherwise its just grandstanding.
I beleive that this was instrumental to the Bruins winning the .....How much more could the Vancouver D be depleted?What a joke this year has been and what better yet, the insult at the end with the ****ing Brunins winning

Old
06-16-2011, 08:41 AM
DAChampion

Quote:
That isn't fair in the slightest. We have no reason to think Chara isn't a reasonably intelligent man. He certainly doesn't come off as a moron in interviews.

There is the point though that it is the leagues fault that the haven't been policing this. Especially since Chara's lack of discipline reinforces the widestanding (and somewhat accurate I'm afraid) believe that there are different rules for different players. Star players especially seem to get special treatment from the head office while the goons and plugs get sacrificed. There's also the ridiculous has never been subject to discipline before excuse. Something which will provide a continual reason not to punish someone they don't want to.

I applauded the Rome suspension because finally something was being done. But its only good if its a sign of a new standard that will be consistently enforced. Otherwise its just grandstanding.
Why applaud the Rome suspension? When has the NHL not been agressive about punishing marginal players? Didn't Laraque get 5 games a couple years ago?

Chara has all the makings of a low-IQ type by the way. He comes off as dumb, he has a short temper, etc.

Old
06-16-2011, 08:45 AM
Talks to Goalposts

I believe what I said was:

"But its only good if its a sign of a new standard that will be consistently enforced. Otherwise its just grandstanding."

If they are going to punish all headshots like they did Rome. That's great, I'm all for it even if it did start out with a hit to a Bruin. After all, they have to start somewhere.

But if its just your typical league BS then I don't like it at all.

Old
06-16-2011, 08:52 AM
DAChampion

Quote:
I believe what I said was:

"But its only good if its a sign of a new standard that will be consistently enforced. Otherwise its just grandstanding."

If they are going to punish all headshots like they did Rome. That's great, I'm all for it even if it did start out with a hit to a Bruin. After all, they have to start somewhere.

But if its just your typical league BS then I don't like it at all.
They're not "starting" anywhere at all until a star player like Chara or Richards or whoever gets suspended for 10+ games.

Old
06-16-2011, 08:59 AM
Gomionta

wow guys, stop being bitter about suspensions, bruins still deserved it.
Sure it came close between our 2 teams and it could have gone both way.
BUT.... they still beat 3 more teams to win the cup.

Grow up and congratulate your enemy, thats what mature people do.

Old
06-16-2011, 09:07 AM
neofury*

When I went to post in the other thread he made and it said it was deleted I thought a mod honestly did a smart thing and deleted the thread entirely.

Then I come in here and notice it was merged. What the ****?

The guy is basically subtly rubbing it in. Who in the **** here wants to discuss their victory or Max Pac situation at all? Anybody? No? Then why is this post, poster etc not deleted/infracted etc?

I just don't see what he felt this would bring to our forum and seeing guys with the call 911 avatars in our threads is just plain annoying. It might not be intended to troll but if you're going to post here in an avatar like that and talk **** on the Patches thing then obviously you're trying to incite something no matter how "gracious" you try to sound.

Anyone who doesn't see right through that = lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomionta View Post
wow guys, stop being bitter about suspensions, bruins still deserved it.
Sure it came close between our 2 teams and it could have gone both way.
BUT.... they still beat 3 more teams to win the cup.

Grow up and congratulate your enemy, thats what mature people do.
Sure mature people do. Mature people also don't come to a predominantly "enemy" territory and start gloating about their team winning though.

Once you do that maturity can pretty much be thrown out the window lets face it this is the world of sports.

I do feel they deserved to win and did a good job but at the end of the day this is our forum not a Bruins cheerleader convention. I don't want to discuss their victory with their fans I come on the HABS forum to discuss **** with other habs fans.

Old
06-16-2011, 09:36 AM
PhysicX

vCash: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
The guy is basically subtly rubbing it in. Who in the **** here wants to discuss their victory or Max Pac situation at all? Anybody? No? Then why is this post, poster etc not deleted/infracted etc?
I second neofury. Why do they feel like celebrating their win in here and bringing the Pacioretty hit again and using the same s-h-i-t-t-y excuse over and over. I'm sure his intent wasn't to seriously injure him... You know, I doubt he wanted to fracture his vertebrae, I got to give you that, but he pretty much made sure to destroy his face in the stanchion. **** it anyways, you're a moron for bringing this back again, knowing how we feel about it. Get out

And I'll add this to people saying Bergeron is a class act and deserved the cup. After the amount of concussions the guy had in the league, to defend Chara's hit the way he did (clear hit to the head), no way I'll be happy for the guy.

Old
06-16-2011, 09:43 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Ok, cool that some Bruins fans think the Habs were the toughest opponents. I don't see much else to add to that, nor that this thread has a great deal of potential to go anywhere positive, so I'm closing it down.

Closed Thread