HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Vancouver Riot.

Closed Thread

Old
06-16-2011, 07:31 AM
habitue*

vCash: 500
I thought it could happen only in Montreal...

Old
06-16-2011, 07:35 AM
Patccmoi

Rioting is so stupid. Organized groups take advantage of big crowds to just create chaos and take whatever advantage they can out of it.

Kinda sad that it depicts the fans of the city in a bad light, because 99.99% of them just wanted to party and go home, and the rest had everything planned win or lose.

Old
06-16-2011, 07:43 AM
neofury*

Now I hate Vancouver more than I even did prior to the playoffs. Roberto Choke Long Yo didn't put his team in a position to win in the other games and Thomas sealed the deal in the others.

At least I can say this, as much as I hate Boston they were the team out of the two that deserved to win. I really don't think Vancouver deserved it even if they did win, having been so bad and inconsistent they just really didn't deserve to win the cup and it's reflected in the 4-3 Bruins series win. (Should have been like 4-1 Bruins mind you)

Anyways **** the Bruins, **** the Canucks, hell **** Tampa Bay too for not finishing them either

We can all get on with a long summer now and Bruins fans get their time of joy. I can't say as fans they don't deserve it even if a lot of them are just meat heads. They still support their team in an American market and after so many years deserve to have their team hoist the cup.

I just hope the habs can do this soon too cause the longer it is between their cup and ours (or even god forbid they win again) the worse it's going to be. No surprise about the bias on the main board though, most of the people there hate anything habs so we don't get treated as fairly as the other fans do. This isn't something new it's pretty much the same reason why our mods tell us not to post there, because it's a three ring circus and we're the only ones infractions will be handed out to. It's a real shame that there are so many haters

PS: To the folks saying "it was all Thomas" I would say more-so "it was all Boston neutralizing their offense completely and Luongo choking".

Of course not trying to detract from how amazing Thomas was, he was for sure but Vancouver offense, defense and goaltending were all a joke for a cup contending team. What happened to that amazing defensive depth they had all year? It all got injured or played like ****? The goaltending as usual wasn't up to the challenge of winning the cup, that I should have known already. What shocks me is the offense. It wasn't just Thomas, they genuinely sucked.

Last edited by neofury*: 06-16-2011 at 07:57 AM.
Old
06-16-2011, 07:51 AM
Krnage

vCash: 400

MAKE LOVE ...NOT RIOTING

Old
06-16-2011, 07:57 AM
Zam Boni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krnage View Post

MAKE LOVE ...NOT RIOTING
That is in a strange way one of the most beatiful pictures I have ever seen.

Old
06-16-2011, 08:05 AM
Protest the Hero

I can understand their anger, but they all just look like idiots standing in the background of these pictures cheering on the degenerates who are lighting things on fire.

Also, the pictures of them engaging with the riot officers. How stupid do you have to be, are they trying to prove a point or something?

"Hey look how cool I am kicking this officer just moments before I get my head caved in!"

Old
06-16-2011, 08:06 AM
The Right Price

I wonder why we didn't have these kinds of riots when Finland won the Ice Hockey World Championship a few weeks back. (Thank god not though)

Yes there were alot of people downtown running around naked and jumping into the fountains and drinking Kossu and Salmari (Finnish version of Vodka). But stores weren't being robbed and non-gang people didn't harm anyone afaik. There were more a kind of unity and bond. Maybe we are a peaceful country

But yeah, our police was ready.

It's really rejectful how unplanned the city of Vancouver and VPD was. You can't have over 50 000 people on one place in the streets without controlling it and having a plan. Rejectful from a city which organized the olympics 17 months ago.

Old
06-16-2011, 08:20 AM
PhysicX

vCash: 74
That's when you see some people have ****ing violent and moronic mentalities. Whether or not alcohol was a part of this, it doesn't matter. Arrest, and don't keep them in jail. Make them work in the city, clean **** for at least a year.

Old
06-16-2011, 08:21 AM
McSorleyStick
GIJON !

The good news is that we won't hear Vancouverites bragging about their city for a long, long time

Man since the 2010 Olympics: "Vancouver this, Vancouver that "

Old
06-16-2011, 08:44 AM
ScottFC

Canadians as a whole need to riot more, we're getting fleeced by corporations and government everyday just like what's happening in the Air Canada strike right now. People who simply say these guys are idiots need to grow up, stop taking the prozac that this government is feeding us to keep us calm and obedient. We need to learn from idiots like this and stand up for what we believe in.

Old
06-16-2011, 08:48 AM
neofury*

Like I said I already didn't like Van and a lot of their fans but now I hate their team anymore, feel sorry for some of the fans but most of them got what they deserved

With Boston imo the right team won the series. I hate them but they played well and utilized all their roles well, whether it was offense defense or goaltending.

At least now the smug Vancouver fans are taken down a huge notch. They're among the biggest choke team in NHL history. The Sedin's played like little girls as Plek likes to say Luongo choked and their stacked defense aside from Bieksa did not step up for the playoffs let alone the Stanley cup playoffs. I know injuries played their part but honestly I know AHL players that probably would have stepped up more than their sorry pack of scrubs.

Vancouver has burned the bridge, I'll never trust their team to do anything right ever again. I knew I shouldn't have trusted any team that has Luongo in nets but after the olympics and then this run I thought for sure he'd finally gotten the hang of the anti-choke. I seriously couldn't have been more wrong about Luongo in that case and I couldn't have been more wrong about Thomas either, he isn't a choker, he didn't tire out and he most certainly is one of the most clutch goaltenders these days. It's refreshing to see a guy like him bounce back after such a terrible previous season. He worked really hard and I have to give credit where it's due, one day people might be training kids to use the seal method rather than butterfly. It's a long shot but the guy did a damn good job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyDoNot View Post
Canadians as a whole need to riot more, we're getting fleeced by corporations and government everyday just like what's happening in the Air Canada strike right now. People who simply say these guys are idiots need to grow up, stop taking the prozac that this government is feeding us to keep us calm and obedient. We need to learn from idiots like this and stand up for what we believe in.
I don't know if you're referring to POST Canada or not and are just saying Air Canada by mistake, hadn't heard about an AC strike. But if you do really mean PC the only idiots are them for striking. Their jobs already pay way too much for the work they actually do and skill set required for the job. If you want to blame anyone for these "government problems" you refer to how about first blaming the unions that are destroying Canada and America economically by forcing these corporations to pay people far more than they're actually worth. See the auto industry and Detroit as a fine example of unions ruining America. Now all those jobs are in Mexico, other foreign countries because they couldn't afford to pay some guy who walks up to a box and picks out a part 80k a year to do that. Guys you'll hire off the street will do that for minimum wage legally.

Then secondly if you want to cry about government again, look to the government of Quebec who create 10 times the amount of jobs that are actually needed in order to employ half the province. It costs Canada billions each year because we basically have 10 people doing 1 persons job in any given government branch or job. If it weren't for these unions and Quebec, Canada would actually be raking in the dough and plenty of people would have jobs because we wouldn't be forced to hire our own, there would be actual jobs still and companies wouldn't move their factories to places that aren't unionized in order to actually get by. The only people who wouldn't have jobs are all the uneducated Quebecers milking their government jobs, boohoo they'd have to find a real job where they're paid accordingly or go to school. I feel so bad

Unions are meant to give workers rights but instead are abused to the point where employers are getting shafted. The Post Canada employees don't deserve more money than they're already getting, the government could step in and just start doing the mail themselves as the infastructure is already in place and there are still plenty of people willing to take those jobs from Post Canada employees. They're basically putting the nail in their own coffin. If you think that's smart then I really don't know what to say. The more you abuse a union the closer you come to actually losing your job and having your company either go bust or make arrangements outside of the Country in order to get the work done. Luckily for Post that can't be done, it's more likely they just go bust. Then who bails them out the government? News flash in the long run that = us.

I'm not one to support the Wal-Mart model of business where they enslave their employees but I'm also not one for people getting paid more than they deserve, whining about how they already get paid more than they deserve and want more, and then giving it to them. These are essentially "baby want his bottle" situations. They already make enough and aren't striking because they need more money or deserve it, they're doing it because they know they can. I just don't see how on one hand you can support this strike but on the other hand think people should riot more due to the government. If it weren't for these ****** Unions the government would be doing better in the first place and we'd have more jobs for Canadians more tax dollars in general. Instead they're forced to pay some jack ass a ton of money to sit on his ass and take up 5 jobs forcing companies to look elsewhere in terms of employment. I just don't see how that's the governments fault even if in their backwards ass method they're employing people who don't even deserve a job they're doing so because there wouldn't be any jobs as a result of these unions in the first place.

Last edited by neofury*: 06-16-2011 at 09:00 AM.
Old
06-16-2011, 08:53 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

See, THIS is a random riot. The one in Montreal was specifically targeted towards the police...Nothing to do with hockey. Wonder if they believe us now.

Old
06-16-2011, 08:54 AM
Patccmoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyDoNot View Post
Maybe you did not notice that this rioting is part of a sports event? We don't call rioters in Egypt or Lybia idiots. We call idiots people that riot after a SPORTS EVENT. Has nothing to do with the government. And it's possible to have public gathering and pressure that does not involve burning cars.

Old
06-16-2011, 09:44 AM
Patccmoi

Just to show that this is nothing else than the number of fans involved:

http://xfinity.comcast.net/slideshow...topwinriots/8/

Boston sure did not seem any better when the Red Sox won the world series... Bottom line is you don't see it in hockey for US markets because not enough people care.

Old
06-16-2011, 10:10 AM
Dwight
The French Tickler

The "only a few people looking for trouble caused the riot" story is coming out of Vancouver.

Didn't Montreal also say this after some of our riots? And how many people actually believed it? How many of them continued to generalize?

Good luck, Vancouver. Seriously.

Old
06-16-2011, 10:13 AM
J Sawyer
Beamer Hearts VCR

Old
06-16-2011, 10:21 AM
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Sawyer View Post
Hey, that guy is like the actual Burrows.

Old
06-16-2011, 10:24 AM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 152
Any news on casualties?

Old
06-16-2011, 10:27 AM
DAChampion

I wonder if the riots would be this bad if not for the fact Canada is turning into a police state.

Old
06-16-2011, 10:44 AM
La Grosse Tendresse
HFBoards Sponsor

neofury, if Quebec is such a dump, why don't you just do us all a favour and leave?

Old
06-16-2011, 10:51 AM
CareyClutch
Doing the job

Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post

Unions are meant to give workers rights but instead are abused to the point where employers are getting shafted. The Post Canada employees don't deserve more money than they're already getting, the government could step in and just start doing the mail themselves as the infastructure is already in place and there are still plenty of people willing to take those jobs from Post Canada employees. They're basically putting the nail in their own coffin. If you think that's smart then I really don't know what to say. The more you abuse a union the closer you come to actually losing your job and having your company either go bust or make arrangements outside of the Country in order to get the work done. Luckily for Post that can't be done, it's more likely they just go bust. Then who bails them out the government? News flash in the long run that = us.
Too bad, the unions have nothing to do with yesterday riot.

Old
06-16-2011, 10:59 AM
overlords
#BargainBanned

Well this conversation has nothing to do with the riot anymore.

Old
06-16-2011, 10:59 AM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
See the auto industry and Detroit as a fine example of unions ruining America. Now all those jobs are in Mexico, other foreign countries
No, those jobs are in Germany and Japan, held by unionized workers of the German and Japanese car companies that beat the Detroit carmakers for market share in spite of having higher paid employees.

Closed Thread