HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Anyone else not watching Game 7?

Old
06-16-2011, 10:29 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

vCash: 500
so how was algeria ?

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 10:29 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

I'm watching Vancouver burn and deeply enjoying it.

EDIT: Owie. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LBtDrcIntk

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 10:32 AM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
They're saying that Bettman was "Clearly gleeful" to give Boston the cup.

I feel no sympathy for Vancouver fans, at least not most of them. They've shown themselves to be morons throughout this entire season, and I haven't enjoyed watching a team lose this much, maybe ever. From the fans to the players, there's nothing likeable about the organization.

I don't even like the Bruins, but I happily celebrated the loss, last night.
Except anyone who uses that argument is a fool because the crowd was booing Bettman before he even began to speak. Well before. Yes, he had joy in his voice when announcing the winning team, but he didn't sound any different than he always does when handing off the Cup. Vancouver is a city so full of prima donnas and people with inferiority complexes that it's almost hilarious. I don't know if I've ever seen a worse fan base/team lose

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 11:47 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
so how was algeria ?
It was awesome. Wasn't quite as good as the show that came 2 years ago but still amazing nonetheless.

I forgot to set the DVR like an idiot. But honestly I don't even care now. I've been so wrapped up in the rioting that the game is just an afterthought now. Not like it was close anyhow. Was nice seeing the vid of Kesler crying though.

Life goes on, is it training camp yet?

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 11:58 PM
predfan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
They're saying that Bettman was "Clearly gleeful" to give Boston the cup.

I feel no sympathy for Vancouver fans, at least not most of them. They've shown themselves to be morons throughout this entire season, and I haven't enjoyed watching a team lose this much, maybe ever. From the fans to the players, there's nothing likeable about the organization.

I don't even like the Bruins, but I happily celebrated the loss, last night.
To be honest, I thought he announced the Bruins stuff during his speech with a little more enthusiasm than usual last night due the the loud booing but who can blame him? He must of loved sticking it to those fans. Also during his speech he congratulated the Canucks but I don't think he ever said anything about the fans. Maybe he knew what was coming

Also, the majority of hockey fans will hate him "just cause" and have no real reason. The league brings in more revenue than it ever had under his watch, it's actually featured as the main product on it's home ship TV station instead of being a once a week afterthought. But nobody would dare look at the facts.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 09:30 AM
utmfisher19

Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
Has everyone received their This week in Smashville Email ? ... If you have, has anyone else chuckled from the misspelling ?
I got mine 4 times. Up from my usual 3...

Yes, pretty funny.
Oh man... I missed it! What'd it say?

utmfisher19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 10:32 AM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
To be honest, I thought he announced the Bruins stuff during his speech with a little more enthusiasm than usual last night due the the loud booing but who can blame him? He must of loved sticking it to those fans. Also during his speech he congratulated the Canucks but I don't think he ever said anything about the fans. Maybe he knew what was coming

Also, the majority of hockey fans will hate him "just cause" and have no real reason. The league brings in more revenue than it ever had under his watch, it's actually featured as the main product on it's home ship TV station instead of being a once a week afterthought. But nobody would dare look at the facts.
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=891378

Even when someone does all of the work, people still won't believe it...

edit: I don't like Bettman for how he seemingly handled the Atlanta fiasco, but I don't know all of the facts there so I'll reserve harsh judgment

Old
06-17-2011, 12:12 PM
Adz

Quote:
Originally Posted by utmfisher19 View Post
Oh man... I missed it! What'd it say?
It said Cirque du Soleil Algeria instead of Alegria.

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 02:09 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...urn=nhl-wp7462

Wow, just wow. I deeply enjoyed this.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 02:55 PM
utmfisher19

Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post

Most of the time I feel like those are so off-base that I stop reading them because of all the deducted ideas that just aren't true about a certain city (like Nashville is redneck, etc).

But this one hit the nail on the head so hard for me that I nearly cried I laughed so hard. Loved it!

And thanks Adz for the answer

utmfisher19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 05:43 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
It said Cirque du Soleil Algeria instead of Alegria.
I see how it is. I ask and I get "look closer". utm askes and gets an answer

Old
06-17-2011, 06:24 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post

The one for Vancouver was kind of entertaining, but I thought it could have been funnier. Plenty insulting, just not funny enough.

I got curious and read the one for Nashville. Wow. I mean, i have a sense of humor, but really? Do folks in Anaheim sit around telling each other redneck jokes during holiday dinners or something? Is it part of their culture? I thought those stopped being funny when technology advanced enough for people from around the world to talk to one another and realize we're basically all the same. Oh well... here's to another generation of poorly thought out jokes about "Joe Bob" his eight kids, and their six teeth... combined. let me write the damn thing next year. I'll make it mean AND funny...

Old
06-18-2011, 01:29 PM
Reviled
Partisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
...Yes, he had joy in his voice when announcing the winning team, but he didn't sound any different than he always does when handing off the Cup....
Most Vancouver fans can only see things from their own perspective (a sign of an immature mind, see below). They expected to hear Bettman's dull, downtrodden voice saying "*Deep sigh* You don't deserve it, Boston, but, well, here's the damn cup anyway", chuck the cup at Chara, and then stalk away grumbling to himself.

Quote:
...Vancouver is a city so full of prima donnas and people with inferiority complexes that it's almost hilarious.
[Rhetorical mode on]Hey, isn't Vancouver a city that, if located in the USA, would be colored a deep, deep blue? How very uncommon for riots to happen there.[Rhetorical mode off]

Reviled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 03:52 PM
dulzhok

Ding-Dong, the wicked, dirty, diving Witch is dead!

I have never wanted some one to lose as much as Vancouver.

Though Van has a stacked team, they have had a ton of fail in these playoffs. Sedins sucked. Luongo was horrible a times. The Chicago collapse. Add in the dirty ways and they just didn't deserve it, IMO.

Thank you Bruins, and Tim Thomas. Though they didn't have a much talent, they just outplayed them.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 06:50 PM
Adz

Quote:
I see how it is. I ask and I get "look closer". utm askes and gets an answer
Dave had asked between your post and UTM's how "Algeria" was. UTM didn't have the email so that would have meant nothing to him. It should have meant something to you--if you looked closer, of course.

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 07:27 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Dave had asked between your post and UTM's how "Algeria" was. UTM didn't have the email so that would have meant nothing to him. It should have meant something to you--if you looked closer, of course.
Quote:
That's the trouble. I don't actually have the email

But it's cool. I was just messing with you anyway