HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

I like the system very much but lets see!!

Closed Thread

Old
10-17-2003, 05:38 AM
Habs4ever

vCash: 500
I like the system very much but lets see!!

if we can do it on regular basis, considering Penguines and Capitals were very weak opponent to exploit as both of those teams defence sucks and not much there for offence either, and most importantly had below average goaltenders to backstop pucks from les boys.Ya we got those Leafs but from looks of things they are the rangers of this season and they'll likely get humiliated like this for many times this years, So though I'm happy the way we are playing, I still don't feel confident with this team, quiet a lot of wild cards with so much young talent coming out from Hamilton, guess I'm keeping judgement out until they atleast play 30 game or so, and defeat some talented team.

Old
10-17-2003, 05:43 AM
Habber

The system seems to be doing alright, but as you mentioned much more time is needed to get an accurate assessment.

One thing though, when we're winning this sytem is much easier for CJ to sell to the players. These lopsided wins have been great for team confidence and more importantly lets CJ show the team that good defence can create offence.

Old
10-17-2003, 06:59 AM
Capitano

I'm very impressed with the commitment from the guys after that drubbing we took in Ottawa. When I watched that game I almost cried because I saw nothing resembling a system. Then on saturday we completely turned the ship around. At first I thought it was just that the Leafs played that bad, but we did it again against Washington and Pittsburgh. By no means are we a model of consistency but I can accept wins or losses if I see the effort I've been seeing from the boys. This saturday against the Leafs is going to be tough...I need the boys to win so I can hear the people at work cry about it.

Go Habs Go!

Cap

Old
10-17-2003, 07:48 AM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitano
I'm very impressed with the commitment from the guys after that drubbing we took in Ottawa. When I watched that game I almost cried because I saw nothing resembling a system. Then on saturday we completely turned the ship around. At first I thought it was just that the Leafs played that bad, but we did it again against Washington and Pittsburgh. By no means are we a model of consistency but I can accept wins or losses if I see the effort I've been seeing from the boys. This saturday against the Leafs is going to be tough...I need the boys to win so I can hear the people at work cry about it.

Go Habs Go!

Cap
I think the drubbing to Ottawa might have been a good thing for this team. They saw how the system worked in preseason, albeit still preseason, but saw what happened when they reverted to the form of last year against Ottawa. Honestly, I doubt it will last for too long, but it is nice basking in some success.

Old
10-17-2003, 03:06 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4ever
if we can do it on regular basis, considering Penguines and Capitals were very weak opponent to exploit as both of those teams defence sucks and not much there for offence either, and most importantly had below average goaltenders to backstop pucks from les boys.Ya we got those Leafs but from looks of things they are the rangers of this season and they'll likely get humiliated like this for many times this years, So though I'm happy the way we are playing, I still don't feel confident with this team, quiet a lot of wild cards with so much young talent coming out from Hamilton, guess I'm keeping judgement out until they atleast play 30 game or so, and defeat some talented team.

Right on the money.

Old
10-17-2003, 04:57 PM
Inertiatic

The system may be working well now, but just wait until other teams learn how to adapt.

Closed Thread