HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011 NHL Entry Draft in Minnesota, 7 PM ET. ALL DRAFT TALK HERE

Closed Thread

Old
06-15-2011, 10:03 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
No way. He's gotta be picked up early in the 3rd round.
Can't see it, wayyy too one dimensional. He'll go in the last rounds if he gets drafted at all.

Old
06-15-2011, 10:12 PM
Vasculio
Booya !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
No way. He's gotta be picked up early in the 3rd round.
For what it's worth, he's not even ranked by the CS...

Old
06-15-2011, 11:24 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Big goons are going to go high in the draft.

Old
06-15-2011, 11:37 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Big goons are going to go high in the draft.
Kale Kessy goes in the 1st round. Book it.

Old
06-15-2011, 11:54 PM
TheHabMan43
You'd Better RUN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by parachutist View Post
Did anyone have any viewings of Marek Tvrdon? Played on a line with Cunningham and hab's Gallagher for 12 games before getting injured for the rest of the season. Any word on what's up with him?
Hmm, 6g 5a in 12gp. I wonder if anyone will take a chance on him with a late pick.

Old
06-16-2011, 07:52 AM
ikelechien

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHabMan43 View Post
Hmm, 6g 5a in 12gp. I wonder if anyone will take a chance on him with a late pick.
Late 2nd is more likely although I predict the 3rd - too big an opportunity to pass up no matter what the sample size - would be a good pick for the Habs in the 3rd if he were to last that long.

Old
06-16-2011, 09:46 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Kale Kessy goes in the 1st round. Book it.
Lol, probably. You'll see undeservingly the stock of Oleksiak and Biggs go up because of the cup win.

Old
06-16-2011, 09:49 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Lol, probably. You'll see undeservingly the stock of Oleksiak and Biggs go up because of the cup win.
Boston's best players in the playoffs were average size or below other than Chara...Recchi Krejci Thomas Marchand Bergeron Peverley Ryder. Horton was out most of the final and Lucic wasn't much of a factor.

Old
06-16-2011, 09:57 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Boston's best players in the playoffs were average size or below other than Chara...Recchi Krejci Thomas Marchand Bergeron Peverley Ryder. Horton was out most of the final and Lucic wasn't much of a factor.
Yes, but that doesn't matter.
The stigma is the Big Bad Bruins. That's why the don't get calls against them. It's why they get to push the limits. It's "Bruins" hockey.
So Bruins hockey won the cup. Just like every other year, the team that wins the cup, their model dictates the flow of the first round.

Old
06-16-2011, 10:11 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
So Bruins hockey won the cup. Just like every other year, the team that wins the cup, their model dictates the flow of the first round.
And free agency as well. You have to think guys like Konopka and Laich are seeing dollar signs just because they have that element of grit.

Just like how after last year's finals with Niemi vs. Leighton, all GMs became obsessed with the notion of the "bargain goalie", leaving guys like Turco and Nabokov out of the league or taking massive paycuts. Of course this year there was $12m+ combined in both creases sooo....

Old
06-16-2011, 11:44 AM
DeVries*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
Pretty sure if Sullivan is still available at #137 the Habs will take him. They've gone "public" saying they liked him
If Timmins ever pull a David Fischer again with Sullivan I swear I take a piss on his face.

Old
06-16-2011, 12:28 PM
ccgg

Who is Eddie Wittchow ?

Quote:
Eddie Wittchow, D Burnsville H.S. (Minnesota)- B2011DW got a very nice tip on Wittchow back in early February and we made him one of our "sleeper alert" prospects- you can read the original post here. Suffice to say that the cat is out of the bag on this 6-3, 185-pounder, as NHL scouts flocked to see the Burnsville-Edina matchup in the Minnesota tourney recently. Unfortunately for Wittchow, we're told it was his worst game of the season. "The game was a good reminder that the kid is raw and is a project," Giese said of Wittchow's struggles against Edina. "Let's be patient with him."

He's an outstanding skater for a guy of his size and shows off some pretty good hockey sense and puck skills even if he is a late-bloomer and pretty raw product. Also in his favor, he's a mean and aggressive hitter; what's not to love about that, especially when he fills out to the 215-220 pounds he'll likely hit at his physical peak? We're not even sure where he will end up in the NCAA yet, he was that much of a recent find by scouts. In any case, we know that NHL clubs are hot on his trail and even though he had a rough game in the spotlight, Wittchow showed enough pure promise that he's going to be a pick in the draft. The only questions we need answered are- where and when will he go?

Quote:
Sleeper alert: EDDIE WITTCHOW
Although this player is not on many *public* draft lists, expect that to change soon for Burnsville, Minnesota H.S. defenseman Eddie Wittchow. This potentially high upside blueliner is reportedly is getting some interest from NHL clubs despite his lack of being a household name among other prospects in the state right now.

I spoke to a scout familiar with him on the condition of anonymity and the book on Wittchow is that he's got pretty good size (6-3- though he needs to put some weight on his 180-pounds) but is a plus-skater with tremendous footwork, speed and lateral mobility. He's a smart two-way player who may be on the gangly side, but plays with a mean streak and seems to fit the prototype for what NHL clubs are looking for.

Mario Lucia may be the best prospect coming out of the MIN H.S. ranks this season, but Wittchow could be the one most flying under the radar.

He has 7 goals and 18 points in 21 games for the Blaze this season. With the size and skating, though- it seems a fait accompli that he's going to attract some notice on draft day at some point. You heard it here first.

Old
06-16-2011, 12:36 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Almost picked Wittchow in the last round of our mock draft but I think someone a few spots ahead beat me to it. I doubt he'll go before the 4th, but I don't think he's much of an unknown commodity anymore.

Old
06-16-2011, 12:48 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Almost picked Wittchow in the last round of our mock draft but I think someone a few spots ahead beat me to it. I doubt he'll go before the 4th, but I don't think he's much of an unknown commodity anymore.
He's a bit of a wild card, he could go anywhere from mid 2nd to late 4th. Could be a nice project for the 3rd or 4th rd.

Old
06-16-2011, 01:16 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V0246 View Post
If Timmins ever pull a David Fischer again with Sullivan I swear I take a piss on his face.
Yeah, I mean taking a guy that can skaty very well, plays well in his own end at #137 is really a bad move. Come on now.

Old
06-16-2011, 01:20 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Yeah, I mean taking a guy that can skaty very well, plays well in his own end at #137 is really a bad move. Come on now.
I think he means at #17.

Old
06-16-2011, 01:22 PM
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto

Anyone who watches the WHL often have any comments about Mike St Croix? He's expected to go second/third round so he probably won't be of interest to the Habs but he's a relative of mine so I was wondering people's opinions on him who have followed him this year.

Old
06-16-2011, 01:36 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I think he means at #17.
Well, he needs to learn how to read, I said at #137 in my op.

Old
06-16-2011, 01:38 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernell Karl View Post
Anyone who watches the WHL often have any comments about Mike St Croix? He's expected to go second/third round so he probably won't be of interest to the Habs but he's a relative of mine so I was wondering people's opinions on him who have followed him this year.
Red Line has him at #63. Projects him as a 2nd line scorer on a poor team or minor leaguer...style compared to Radim Vrbata. The report on his is above average skill, but takes stretches off and is too one dimensional...sounds like Pouliot. I'm sure somebody with a lot of picks will gamble on him late 2nd or in the 3rd.

Old
06-16-2011, 02:37 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccgg View Post
Who is Eddie Wittchow ?
The only thing I know is that he turned down an offer to go to Wisconsin and instead will play in the USHL next year before chosing what college he wants to go to for the following year. Wisconsin, Minnesota, CC and Ohio St are the schools I've heard he's interested in.

The talk on the NCAA boards was that Wisconsin really wanted him for the fall as they are rebuilding their program.

Old
06-16-2011, 04:07 PM
DeVries*

Quote:
Well, he needs to learn how to read, I said at #137 in my op.
I meant that I saw too that Timmins loves this kid and scout him heavyly, and I'd surely take him at 137 but I'd be more than pissed if Timmins take him in the first. Remember Fischer was supposed to be a 2nd ronder at best.

Old
06-16-2011, 04:10 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by V0246 View Post
I meant that I saw too that Timmins loves this kid and scout him heavyly, and I'd surely take him at 137 but I'd be more than pissed if Timmins take him in the first. Remember Fischer was supposed to be a 2nd ronder at best.
Fischer was rated early 2nd on a lot of lists. He was a bit of a project, not the end of the world, we ended up with a 2nd rounder back so it wasn't a huge loss.

Old
06-16-2011, 04:15 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

Did a first round mock draft for firstroundbust.com and end up picking J.T Miller for the habs at 17th

Guys still available when i made my Miller pick
-Grimaldi
-Puempel
-Klefbom
-Brodin
-Jensen
-Saad
-Jenner
-Biggs
-Morrow
-J.Gibson
-Jurco
-Rattie
-Phillips

What you guys think? My selection was more by base on need than BPA since i probably had Brodin/Klefbom ahead in my overall ranking but Miller is what the habs need. (also think more and more team draft on need than BPA imo).I almost went with Grimaldi though. One reason i didnt went with a defensemen is that next year draft is going to be stack with defensemen, you could see almost half of the first round being d-men pick. So i though Miller was the best pick at this point. Puempel could be an option as well...i could see him being dominant next year and make us look like fool (top10 talent but injury and so so year have drop him in scout eyes)

Old
06-16-2011, 04:26 PM
Aspirine
Lateral Move at Best

Whoever reaches to draft Kessy is gonna be very sorry in a few years.

Old
06-16-2011, 04:42 PM
MarkovsKnee

Just checking to see how many picks each team has in this year's draft, and saw that Florida has 11 picks. They had 13 last year. Toronto and Ottawa also have 11 picks this year.

The pick list:

Florida, Toronto & Ottawa: 11

Edmonton, Atl./Winnipeg, NYI, St. Louis & Chicago: 9

Phoenix & Detroit: 8

Nashville, Columbus, & Vancouver: 7

Colorado, Minnesota, Boston, Carolina, Dallas, Buffalo, Montreal & L.A: 6

N.J., Calgary, Anaheim, Pittsburgh, Tampa Bay & San Jose: 5

Philadelphia & Washington: 4

NYR: 3

St. Louis has three 2nd rd. picks (but no 1st rd. pick) and Fla. four 3rd rd picks and two 2nd rd. picks. I was thinking about potential trading partners if we wanted to move up or down in the 1st, or gain a 2nd somehow.

Closed Thread