HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Trotter staying in KHL as per Hindle

Old
06-16-2011, 07:52 AM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Who cares?
My sentiment exactly.

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 08:06 AM
HabsSlappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
My sentiment exactly.
I care....I would love to see him back.
I had a feeling that he was "pushed" to find work in the KHL since he would have to clear waivers last season and the Habs didn't think he was 100% ready. It is a clever way of hiding him. If he is in fact coming back, then I am sure this was the plan.

I personally feel that he could be a contributor on the Habs team. The guy had great numbers in the AHL and actually had a pretty solid season in the KHL. If you read the translated comments of the original article, many fans of Dinamo Riga say that Trotter is a big loss, so that says something.

I also want to remind everyone of the NHL games he played and we were all collectively "sportin wood" for the kid line of Trotter, Desharnais and I think White, that was flying all over the ice, dominating. One game, but still...

So long story short....I care haha

HabsSlappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 09:17 AM
ScopeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozo View Post
Trotter definately is leaving Dinamo for NA. He had clause in his two-year deal, that allowed him to leave if he gets offered one-way deal from NHL team. Official site of Dinamo states, that Trotter asked for a permission to leave and club granted it even though they could of refused as the Habs contract offer is two-way.

I don't know who Steven Hindle is, but he probably doesn't know anything about this signing. How can Trotter use NHL as a negotiating tool, when he was under written contract for another year?
I also read on the Habs Future site (don't have link) that Trotter's agent confirmed that he had signed a 2-way deal with the Habs.

ScopeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 09:36 AM
montreal
Time to Get Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScopeHockey View Post
I also read on the Habs Future site (don't have link) that Trotter's agent confirmed that he had signed a 2-way deal with the Habs.
It's not on capgeek yet and they are usually pretty quick to update minor signings, but hopefully it's true as the Dogs could really use Trotts as they got to replace the missing offense they lost.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 10:57 AM
Richiebottles
Big Mike !

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
It's not on capgeek yet and they are usually pretty quick to update minor signings, but hopefully it's true as the Dogs could really use Trotts as they got to replace the missing offense they lost.

OFFENSE ? WE NEED TO PLAY DEFENSE !

Richiebottles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 10:58 AM
juve

I hope they didn't sign him, what a waste of a contract.

juve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 11:30 AM
gunnerdom
Go HABS Go!!!!

Send a message via MSN to gunnerdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by juve View Post
I hope they didn't sign him, what a waste of a contract.

What?

Why would it be a waste of a contract? He's gonna play with the Dogs and will be brought up when we have injuries. Why would that be a waste of a contract. You do know we lost Dawes and Boyd, right?

gunnerdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 11:43 AM
juve

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejaculine View Post
What?

Why would it be a waste of a contract? He's gonna play with the Dogs and will be brought up when we have injuries. Why would that be a waste of a contract. You do know we lost Dawes and Boyd, right?
I rather have our young prospects get the ice time instead of giving it to a journeyman.

juve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 11:45 AM
pine
irregistered user

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by juve View Post
I rather have our young prospects get the ice time instead of giving it to a journeyman.
You do realize that Trotter recently turned 24, right?

And that Dawes and Boyd both left for the KHL?

pine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 12:25 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

http://www.sovsport.ru/gazeta/article-item/463550

This article is in Russian but his agent says he signed with the Habs for 1 year, 2-way contract.

Rough google translation:

Quote:
Riga "Dinamo" suspended the two-year contract with the 24-year old forward Brock Trotter Canadian who decided to return to a system of "Montreal".

- Any Canadian dreams of playing in the NHL, so Brock and I wanted to try his hand again in "Montreal", - explained the choice of the player in a conversation with a reporter, "Soviet Sport", his agent Sergei Begishevo Dmitry Eremin. - Especially behind Trotter's successful season in the CHL - 35 (13 +22) points in 60 games.

- Is there any meaning to go back? After three years in the "Montreal" Trotter spent the first team only two games ...

- Let's hope that this year would give him a chance. And if it does not, Brock can go back to the "Dynamo".

- In the course of the season?

- No. Only a year later. The next championship, he will complete in North America. Signed two-way contract.

YMCMBeaulieu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 12:55 PM
ozo

Send a message via Skype™ to ozo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernell Karl View Post
This article is in Russian but his agent says he signed with the Habs for 1 year, 2-way contract.
That's about all you need to know really. Rest of the quotes are usual agent BS. Saw him playing about 70 times last season and I have to admit that at first I was disappointed by his performance. He had solid numbers in AHL, but unfortunately he didn't reproduce them in KHL. I guess adaptation took a while and in playoffs he was one of our better players, though he didn't convince me that he has a real NHL potential.

Sometimes I got a feeling that his heart still was in Hamilton and he simply didn't care enough about hockey in Europe. When Dinamo faced Phoenix in pre-season, he played twice as hard as in any other regular season game. That probably was another indication, that he still wanted a shot in NHL and now that he asked for an early release, he will try once more to earn a job in NHL.

He is quiet and very focused person, and after good playoffs everyone in Latvia is quite disappointed that he will be leaving us. Though, I wish him luck in future, he might just capitalize on the fact now Hamilton's roster is so depleted.

ozo is offline   Reply With Quote