HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Boston-Montreal Game 4: The turning point for all of it

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-16-2011, 01:41 PM
  #26
jlgib21*
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 620
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Ya...sure...that's why....

Are you JM/PG publicist,because you come on here and kiss their ass constantly. Players told Marinaro that JM had them pull back after the timeout and protect the lead.

jlgib21* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 01:43 PM
  #27
The Goalie Mask
Registered User
 
The Goalie Mask's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 257
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
What games were you watching? Boston did not control the puck in our end most of the time. We were the better team in that series, we simply didn't get the bounces. Same thing can be said about TB.

Blaming Martin is very idiotic. We had no business even competing considering we had one working line. The Gomez line were atrocious defensively. If they were a little more careful and effective defensively, like Martin preaches, we probably would have won that series.
The better team won!

The Goalie Mask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 07:48 PM
  #28
Chris Nilan
Registered User
 
Chris Nilan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 271
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSorleyStick View Post
Another what if thread?



Dear God.............
No, not a what if. If you read the original post, it was a call to finally analyze that game and its impact.

It's funny how the analysis goes to "Martin's defensive shell system sucks . . ." when in reality, as someone else noted, it was actually over-aggression that led to the 2nd goal and it could be argued the first one, too.

Also, not a what if thread, b/c the "analysis" by the experts goes right to the knee jerk "grit, Canadianism, size" and fails to note what actually happened that game.

Impact should be obvious: knee jerk reactions overwhelmed honest analysis of that game and the series. And your post seems to be more evidence.

Chris Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 07:54 PM
  #29
24stanleycups*
24-6=18,goodluck lol
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 564
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlgib21 View Post
Pax:fractured neck
Eller.shoulder surgery
Desharnais:knee surgery
Halpern: K.o'd by Ference
Spacek.K.o'd into the boards by Lucic.
So they didn't pound us into submission? I didn't even count the infamous 'boston beatdown". How many of their guys did we hurt,even a little? It makes me sick to say it,but we were Boston's biatches this year,and it's 100% BG,PG and JM's fault

24-9 in the playoffs.
A two-four of cups to their meezly six pack.
A dominant regular season record against them.

No matter how strong a team they have they will never be free of the physcological fetal position we've spun them into year in and year out, and though they may win sometimes, we will win most of the time.

We are the most succesfull team EVER, and they are the whinning, *****ing, jealous little brother who tries desperately to gain satisfaction and boasting rights out of any and every insignificant aspect of the game. Even as they reach the top of their mountain they will always be reminded that we have created another. An insurmountable one, that only we, will ever gaze from. Their team will never accomplish what our's has, and after the bliss utopia of ignorance as faded, and reality sets back into their thick skulls, they will re-discover this once again, leaving them to retreat to pathetic compensations, like fighting majors, belittlement, hypocritical labels, and so many other pointless and empty feats to attempt to quench their blood lust. For some it will take but one summer to re-discover their rightfull place. For most it will take a championship from the true champions, but even in this daunting revelation, they will still declare superiority, unwilling to accept the prospect that even their greatest triumphs will be short lived and seldom remembered in the grand sceme of things, while ours, so phenomanal and so plentiful, will cast a shadow that they can never overcome, and that we will always have to shade our defeats. They will never know this power and so their subconsious blinds them with illusions of true success; convinces them that our feats are insignificant, even though all the while they strive to achieve them; and protects them from the cold and ruthless truth that they are too weak and broken to admit. The only reason we hate them is because they hate us. But the only reason they hate us is because they cannot be us. We own them.

24stanleycups* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 11:27 PM
  #30
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 24,009
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlgib21 View Post
Are you JM/PG publicist,because you come on here and kiss their ass constantly. Players told Marinaro that JM had them pull back after the timeout and protect the lead.
Are you serious? You mean Jacque Martin told his players to protect the lead???
That's so unacceptable..


I kiss their ***** constantly? You've been a poster for a few months and haven't read one post of yours that is positive. All you do is whine about things, when you do that, it makes you look like a basher/whiner.

To blame Martin for blowing Game 4 is incredibly ridiculous and ironic. Martin's structure is the main reason why we even made it to the POs. Do you realize we accomplished this despite losing our best player for the year, despite losing our most reliable defensive Dman, despite our three most paid forwards all having career lows, despite having only 3 players with 20+ goals, despite having 3 Dmen for most of the year that add up to 110years and could all battle for being part of the slowest Dmen in the NHL, and despite not having a top 6.
Do you understand that we made it to the POs despite all of this???

Martin's system and decisions are an important factor as to why we were even in the POs. They're also a big reason why it came down to one goal in the first round.
But hey, he blew it all because he told his players to protect the lead...Sure, that's why we blew it and the whole series..


Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 11:28 PM
  #31
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 24,009
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goalie Mask View Post
The better team won!
I disagree. Boston didn't outplay us, at all.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 12:01 AM
  #32
The Russian General
Go Habs Go
 
The Russian General's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: MTL
Posts: 12,344
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24stanleycups View Post
24-9 in the playoffs.
A two-four of cups to their meezly six pack.
A dominant regular season record against them.

No matter how strong a team they have they will never be free of the physcological fetal position we've spun them into year in and year out, and though they may win sometimes, we will win most of the time.

We are the most succesfull team EVER, and they are the whinning, *****ing, jealous little brother who tries desperately to gain satisfaction and boasting rights out of any and every insignificant aspect of the game. Even as they reach the top of their mountain they will always be reminded that we have created another. An insurmountable one, that only we, will ever gaze from. Their team will never accomplish what our's has, and after the bliss utopia of ignorance as faded, and reality sets back into their thick skulls, they will re-discover this once again, leaving them to retreat to pathetic compensations, like fighting majors, belittlement, hypocritical labels, and so many other pointless and empty feats to attempt to quench their blood lust. For some it will take but one summer to re-discover their rightfull place. For most it will take a championship from the true champions, but even in this daunting revelation, they will still declare superiority, unwilling to accept the prospect that even their greatest triumphs will be short lived and seldom remembered in the grand sceme of things, while ours, so phenomanal and so plentiful, will cast a shadow that they can never overcome, and that we will always have to shade our defeats. They will never know this power and so their subconsious blinds them with illusions of true success; convinces them that our feats are insignificant, even though all the while they strive to achieve them; and protects them from the cold and ruthless truth that they are too weak and broken to admit. The only reason we hate them is because they hate us. But the only reason they hate us is because they cannot be us. We own them.


Beautiful.

The Russian General is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 11:16 AM
  #33
24stanleycups*
24-6=18,goodluck lol
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 564
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta View Post


Beautiful.

Thank you

24stanleycups* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 07:11 PM
  #34
OneSharpMarble
Registered User
 
OneSharpMarble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,265
vCash: 500
The turning point was MaxPacs injury. After seeing no one stand up and give a damn it was obvious how much effort would be put into a playoff matchup. Even with such a nonchalant effort bawston still needed game 7 and barely eeked past us. Just shows you how **** that team truly was.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 07:26 PM
  #35
tollb2
Registered User
 
tollb2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Regina, sk
Country: Canada
Posts: 652
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24stanleycups View Post
24-9 in the playoffs.
A two-four of cups to their meezly six pack.
A dominant regular season record against them.

No matter how strong a team they have they will never be free of the physcological fetal position we've spun them into year in and year out, and though they may win sometimes, we will win most of the time.

We are the most succesfull team EVER, and they are the whinning, *****ing, jealous little brother who tries desperately to gain satisfaction and boasting rights out of any and every insignificant aspect of the game. Even as they reach the top of their mountain they will always be reminded that we have created another. An insurmountable one, that only we, will ever gaze from. Their team will never accomplish what our's has, and after the bliss utopia of ignorance as faded, and reality sets back into their thick skulls, they will re-discover this once again, leaving them to retreat to pathetic compensations, like fighting majors, belittlement, hypocritical labels, and so many other pointless and empty feats to attempt to quench their blood lust. For some it will take but one summer to re-discover their rightfull place. For most it will take a championship from the true champions, but even in this daunting revelation, they will still declare superiority, unwilling to accept the prospect that even their greatest triumphs will be short lived and seldom remembered in the grand sceme of things, while ours, so phenomanal and so plentiful, will cast a shadow that they can never overcome, and that we will always have to shade our defeats. They will never know this power and so their subconsious blinds them with illusions of true success; convinces them that our feats are insignificant, even though all the while they strive to achieve them; and protects them from the cold and ruthless truth that they are too weak and broken to admit. The only reason we hate them is because they hate us. But the only reason they hate us is because they cannot be us. We own them.


Makes one feel kinda warm and fuzy , amazing i like this write up !

.. I just thought of something ... does Boston winning mean that the new EA sports NHL is gonna prob have chara with the cup on the cover .. man that will suck

tollb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 10:01 PM
  #36
24stanleycups*
24-6=18,goodluck lol
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 564
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tollb2 View Post
Makes one feel kinda warm and fuzy , amazing i like this write up !

.. I just thought of something ... does Boston winning mean that the new EA sports NHL is gonna prob have chara with the cup on the cover .. man that will suck
Thank you, i'm trying to be a writer, and it came from the heart.

24stanleycups* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:21 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.