HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Off Season Thread. Trade Spec/GM Mode - Part III

Closed Thread

Old
06-16-2011, 02:44 PM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

vCash: 500
Seriously, why the focus on Spacek? Is he that much of a problem? For a single year remaining in his contract?

If we could be signing some top free agent, or had to give a huge and unsuspected raise to one of our RFA, or anything like that... sure, he'll be the first to go. But right now? It's not even clear the habs are going to try to spend all their cap space again this year. Spacek is a shadow of what he used to be back in Buffalo, but heck, he's a luxury for a bottom pairing. Why let him go?

Or, let's put it another way: I want Spacek around, so that guys like Weber and Emelin have a yardstick to measure themselves against.

Old
06-16-2011, 02:56 PM
alexstream

no clue if it was raised or not... and i hope you're not expecting me to read 14 pages to find out about it...

Want list :

B. Laich for his toughness on the 3rd line. His abbrasive play is a perfect match to Moen and ... would actually make Moen tougher (you can't rely on ONE guy to do that job. you gotta have 2-3-4 guys doing the sandpaper job) could even add Bradley from wash at the same time.

S. Gagné he needs a new chance. Where else than a city where he'd be welcomed as a hero? we need more top 6 guys.

Defense... we're already crowded. I'd like more toughness there, but hoping Emelin is the ****. I'd like to welcome back Wiz.

Old
06-16-2011, 03:00 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
When will I see "Confirmed with Link: Markov back @ 5.5mil" ?!!
I have a hunch it's coming soon, they have been talking for a couple weeks. I think they may be haggling over length. The Habs want 1-2 years and Markov and his agent wanted 3-4 for more security. I have no problem with 4 years as long as they front load it...6 mil 6 mil 5 mil 4 mil...5.25 cap hit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross MacLochness View Post
There's gotta be SOMEBODY willing to take Spacek for a year. A team with tons of cap space that knows they aren't going to compete. Spacek is a great teammate/ dressing room guy and can still play top 6 minutes (not on a contender though). Pouliot is not coming back anyway so package him with Spacek to Florida or something for a coke and a smile.

Hell we could even take back a million or two in salary that we could just dump in Hamilton or lose on waivers.
That's probably what PG is trying to do. He may have to wait until UFA plays out so a few cap floor teams are then willing to add less desirable players after missing out on bigger names. Right now Florida Columbus Phoenix ect are looking to get younger, more long term solutions with all taht cap room...guys like Spacek can be plan B, C or D. I think there is a chance he can do it, but it won't be easy...I like your Pouliot idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexstream View Post
no clue if it was raised or not... and i hope you're not expecting me to read 14 pages to find out about it...

Want list :

B. Laich for his toughness on the 3rd line. His abbrasive play is a perfect match to Moen and ... would actually make Moen tougher (you can't rely on ONE guy to do that job. you gotta have 2-3-4 guys doing the sandpaper job) could even add Bradley from wash at the same time.

S. Gagné he needs a new chance. Where else than a city where he'd be welcomed as a hero? we need more top 6 guys.

Defense... we're already crowded. I'd like more toughness there, but hoping Emelin is the ****. I'd like to welcome back Wiz.
Laich will probably cost 4.5-5.5 mil per year as a UFA, I doubt he'll play on a 3rd line.

Gagne just got a new chance in TB. Not sure he is a good fit here other than getting him cheap as a plan C or Plan D. He has a long injury history and plays scared right now, taht's why his numbers are down.

Old
06-16-2011, 03:13 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

To me, this team needs 4 things, as it looks more and more likely Markov will sign

A #2/#3 d-man
Ehrhoff (5,5M) - Very good defenseman, playing clever hockey, durable, not huge but willing to take a hit, and polyvalent.

Bieksa (5M) - Good, rugged defenseman.

Pitkanen (5M) - Lightning-quick d-man, would be interesting to have him with Subban.

A Top-6 forward
Laich (4,5M) - Complete player capable of playing both ways, big, versatile, and appreciated by his teammates. Always thrived against Montreal, hopefully the Bell Centre would do him some good. Expecting him to be our Ryan Malone.

Cole (3,75M) - What Max Pacioretty is all about. Getting older, but a real workhorse and good leader/influence for the kids.

Gagné (3,75M) - Only if you miss on Cole AND Laich. Good two-way guy with some leadership and offensive potential. Could see him succeed with either Gomez and Gionta or Cammalleri and Plekanec. Rather big guy, even if not that physical.

Jagr (2,75M) - Not the biggest fan of the guy, but he'd sure add loads of skill to the team and would have an instant chemestry with Plekanec. Definitely Plan D though, and he'd be pretty cheap to get in terms of money.

A rugged 4th line player
Rupp (1M) - Versatile player, great fighter, great intense player capable of playing many roles and many positions on a roster. Can play hockey, hits hard, and is pretty big. A favorite of mine.

Konopka (1M)- Bat**** crazy, but more importantly, great in the faceoffs circle. Knows how to play hockey without putting himself too much into trouble, although I'd be worried about him taking crazy penalties. Definitely behind Rupp, but an interesting alternative as we know Eller might not be available for the beginning of next season.

A solid backup goalie
Conklin (1,5M) - Greatest backup goalie in the league

Garon (1,35M) - Very good goalie willing to come back here

Gauthier has to get all of those. Realistically, I want him to get one of a top-6 forward or a #2/#3 d-man, along with a rugged 4th line forward. This is the minimum to me, so I'd call it a decent offseason. Anything less is unacceptable.

Old
06-16-2011, 03:43 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowsingForACup View Post
To me, this team needs 4 things, as it looks more and more likely Markov will sign

A #2/#3 d-man
Ehrhoff (5,5M) - Very good defenseman, playing clever hockey, durable, not huge but willing to take a hit, and polyvalent.

Pitkanen (5M) - Lightning-quick d-man, would be interesting to have him with Subban.

A Top-6 forward
Laich (4,5M) - Complete player capable of playing both ways, big, versatile, and appreciated by his teammates. Always thrived against Montreal, hopefully the Bell Centre would do him some good. Expecting him to be our Ryan Malone.

Cole (3,75M) - What Max Pacioretty is all about. Getting older, but a real workhorse and good leader/influence for the kids.

Gagné (3,75M) - Only if you miss on Cole AND Laich. Good two-way guy with some leadership and offensive potential. Could see him succeed with either Gomez and Gionta or Cammalleri and Plekanec. Rather big guy, even if not that physical.

Jagr (2,75M) - Not the biggest fan of the guy, but he'd sure add loads of skill to the team and would have an instant chemestry with Plekanec. Definitely Plan D though, and he'd be pretty cheap to get in terms of money.

A rugged 4th line player
Rupp (1M) - Versatile player, great fighter, great intense player capable of playing many roles and many positions on a roster. Can play hockey, hits hard, and is pretty big. A favorite of mine.

Konopka (1M)- Bat**** crazy, but more importantly, great in the faceoffs circle. Knows how to play hockey without putting himself too much into trouble, although I'd be worried about him taking crazy penalties. Definitely behind Rupp, but an interesting alternative as we know Eller might not be available for the beginning of next season.

A solid backup goalie

Gauthier has to get all of those. Realistically, I want him to get one of a top-6 forward or a #2/#3 d-man, along with a rugged 4th line forward. This is the minimum to me, so I'd call it a decent offseason. Anything less is unacceptable.
I think Bieksa would be a dispointment as anything more than a #4. He was somewhat exposed in the final. Anything more than 4 mil will look like a bad contract in 2-3 yeras.

I wouldn't mind Ehrhoff or Pitkanen at those numbers, but I think them and Laich will go for another 0.5-0.75 per year in cap hit.

How is Conklin the best back up goalie? He sucked this year. 3.22 GAA and .881%. Auld was miles ahead of him at 2.64 and .914 and would probably re sign for 700-800k.

Old
06-16-2011, 04:09 PM
SB164

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I think Bieksa would be a dispointment as anything more than a #4. He was somewhat exposed in the final. Anything more than 4 mil will look like a bad contract in 2-3 yeras.
Bieksa lost his D-partner Hamhuis due to injury and then I believe he was paired with Alberts until he was suspended. Bieksa just wasn't the same without Hamhuis,, but I wouldn't call it a disappointment.

Old
06-16-2011, 05:52 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
Bieksa lost his D-partner Hamhuis due to injury and then I believe he was paired with Alberts until he was suspended. Bieksa just wasn't the same without Hamhuis,, but I wouldn't call it a disappointment.
Last year he struggled as a #4-5 guy, so I'd be VEERRRYYYY weary of giving him what the market will bare as a UFA. Hejda at 2-3 years for 2.3-2.5 mil or Vandermmer for 1 year at 1.5-1.75 would be a better value

Old
06-16-2011, 06:17 PM
habsfanwpg27*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowsingForACup View Post

A #2/#3 d-man

A Top-6 forward

A rugged 4th line player

A solid backup goalie

This isn't NHL 11

I would like Konopka and Laich tho. I'm still on the fence tho about Jagr, I don't know if he has the speed to match pleks and cammy.

Old
06-16-2011, 06:19 PM
Cookie007

This is my realistic roster for the 2011/2012 season.
- Sign Jagr 3,000,000 (Maybe a Gagne)
- Sign Pitkanen 5,000,000 (Potentially Ehrhofff, Brewer or Wiz)
- We could also let Pyatt and Pouliot go and maybe fetch a 3/4 liner for around 1 million (Rupp, Talbot, etc.)
- This lineup also give us cap space for the year after with Jagr, Kostitsyn, Moen, and Spacek gone (rouhgly 11 million) to up Subban and Price and maybe add another piece.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
Mike Cammalleri ($6.000m) / Tomas Plekanec ($5.000m) / Jaromir Jagr ($3.000m)
Max Pacioretty ($1.300m) / Scott Gomez ($7.357m) / Brian Gionta ($5.000m)
David Desharnais ($0.650m) / Lars Eller ($1.270m) / Andrei Kostitsyn ($3.250m)
Mathieu Darche ($0.700m) / Ryan White ($0.850m) / Travis Moen ($1.500m)
Tom Pyatt ($0.500m)

DEFENSEMEN
Andrei Markov ($5.500m) / Alexei Yemelin ($0.984m)
Joni Pitkanen ($5.000m) / P.K. Subban ($0.875m)
Hal Gill ($2.250m) / Josh Gorges ($2.500m)
Jaroslav Spacek ($3.833m) / Yannick Weber ($0.875m)

GOALTENDERS
Carey Price ($2.750m) / Alex Auld ($1.000m)

BUYOUTS: Georges Laraque ($0.500m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $63,000,000; CAP PAYROLL: $62,445,509; BONUSES: $400,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $554,491

Old
06-16-2011, 07:03 PM
Vanek20
Drive for 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post

I wouldn't mind Ehrhoff or Pitkanen at those numbers, but I think them and Laich will go for another 0.5-0.75 per year in cap hit.

How is Conklin the best back up goalie? He sucked this year. 3.22 GAA and .881%. Auld was miles ahead of him at 2.64 and .914 and would probably re sign for 700-800k.
You are totally right. Bieksa is really overrated IMO. A team will give him 5-5,5M per and then regret it. He is never in good position. Every time he is on the ice, I see him in the offensive zone before the forwards...pretty weird. And in the D-zone, he is not that great either. I'd like to have Pitkanen or Ehrhoff, can they play RD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
He was still playing with a good D (Edler). That's not excuse. And Alberts never got suspended ...I guess you are talking about Rome.

Old
06-16-2011, 07:09 PM
Bieber fever

what about J.Ericsson ?
I heard Detroit will let him walk......imo he's a legit 4th Defenseman.Big guy 6'4 220lbs can drop the glove.

Markov-Gorges
Ericsson-Subban
Spacek-Yemelin
Gill

Old
06-16-2011, 07:17 PM
We Want The 25
Go Habs Go

i would love to get Knuble hes great in front of the net and something we desperatly miss

Old
06-16-2011, 09:53 PM
Aznrx8

Quote:
Originally Posted by We Want The 25 View Post
i would love to get Knuble hes great in front of the net and something we desperatly miss
He already re-signed with Washington if I'm not mistaken

Old
06-16-2011, 10:19 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsauce514 View Post
what about J.Ericsson ?
I heard Detroit will let him walk......imo he's a legit 4th Defenseman.Big guy 6'4 220lbs can drop the glove.

Markov-Gorges
Ericsson-Subban
Spacek-Yemelin
Gill
I'd love to trade wiz's rights for ericsson's rights.

Old
06-16-2011, 10:27 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross MacLochness View Post
There's gotta be SOMEBODY willing to take Spacek for a year. A team with tons of cap space that knows they aren't going to compete. Spacek is a great teammate/ dressing room guy and can still play top 6 minutes (not on a contender though). Pouliot is not coming back anyway so package him with Spacek to Florida or something for a coke and a smile.

Hell we could even take back a million or two in salary that we could just dump in Hamilton or lose on waivers.
Florida, Carolina and Detroit all need D.

We know Detroit always makes older players work miracles so who knows?

Florida, Spacek played there to start his career and Tallon may need help to hit the Cap floor.

Old
06-16-2011, 10:29 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie007 View Post
This is my realistic roster for the 2011/2012 season.
- Sign Jagr 3,000,000 (Maybe a Gagne)
- Sign Pitkanen 5,000,000 (Potentially Ehrhofff, Brewer or Wiz)
- We could also let Pyatt and Pouliot go and maybe fetch a 3/4 liner for around 1 million (Rupp, Talbot, etc.)
- This lineup also give us cap space for the year after with Jagr, Kostitsyn, Moen, and Spacek gone (rouhgly 11 million) to up Subban and Price and maybe add another piece.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
Mike Cammalleri ($6.000m) / Tomas Plekanec ($5.000m) / Jaromir Jagr ($3.000m)
Max Pacioretty ($1.300m) / Scott Gomez ($7.357m) / Brian Gionta ($5.000m)
David Desharnais ($0.650m) / Lars Eller ($1.270m) / Andrei Kostitsyn ($3.250m)
Mathieu Darche ($0.700m) / Ryan White ($0.850m) / Travis Moen ($1.500m)
Tom Pyatt ($0.500m)

DEFENSEMEN
Andrei Markov ($5.500m) / Alexei Yemelin ($0.984m)
Joni Pitkanen ($5.000m) / P.K. Subban ($0.875m)
Hal Gill ($2.250m) / Josh Gorges ($2.500m)
Jaroslav Spacek ($3.833m) / Yannick Weber ($0.875m)

GOALTENDERS
Carey Price ($2.750m) / Alex Auld ($1.000m)

BUYOUTS: Georges Laraque ($0.500m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $63,000,000; CAP PAYROLL: $62,445,509; BONUSES: $400,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $554,491
Habs need to make more adjustments at forward to be a contender. Clarkson in NJ is supposedly available, and the Habs need some help like that. Devils need to clear cap space to re-sign Parise. A Pouliot dump for Clarkson would be ideal.

Old
06-17-2011, 01:12 AM
ricko111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
If we could somehow fit Konopka and ditch one of Pyatt/Darche, this would the IDEAL lineup. Plus we'd have 2 goalies who can fight
Konopka for Pyatt and I like the lineup as well.

Old
06-17-2011, 05:23 AM
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio

Fleischmann

Hey guys what about Fleischmann? He's a UFA, Czech so he may like playing with pleks?

He's kinda sliding under the radar due to his injury but he could still be a solid addition and offering him 4 would be an awesome idea

Old
06-17-2011, 05:30 AM
WestIslander

His best season was 23 goals and 28 assists in 2009/2010

6'1 and 192 pound right wing, he would be a decent (cheap) option on Plekanec's wing so where does the rest of money go, maybe Wisniewski and Markov both? Joel Ward on the third line and Lalime as the backup?

Cammalleri - Plekanec - Fleischmann
Pacioretty - Gomez - Gionta
Kostitsyn - Eller - Ward
Darche - White - Moen
Desharnais

Markov - Wisniewski
Gill - Subban
Yemelin - Gorges
Spacek

Price
Lalime

Old
06-17-2011, 05:53 AM
Mike8

I doubt the team adds him, since he's more of what they already have.

Old
06-17-2011, 05:54 AM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
I have him near the top of my UFA Want List.

BUT he hasn't been medically cleared to play yet. He was sidelined the rest of the season with blood clots in both lungs, and the recovery is difficult and a little unpredictable. It's not fatal or anything, but there isn't certainty that he will return to be able to be a professional athlete.

I like him, but I think he's more of a fall back. His signing (by anyone) will probably only be late into the summer once he's gotten clearance and had a chance to hit the gym and see how it goes.

Old
06-17-2011, 05:56 AM
jadensdad

good player @2.5-3 not at 4.

Old
06-17-2011, 06:13 AM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

I'd be down, if we can't get our hands on Jagr or Laich. Although, he does have some consistency questions, and with how annoyingly impatience with Kostitsyn most posters on here are, I can see Fleischer being ripped on a lot.

Old
06-17-2011, 06:20 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbanged View Post
Hey guys what about Fleischmann? He's a UFA, Czech so he may like playing with pleks?

He's kinda sliding under the radar due to his injury but he could still be a solid addition and offering him 4 would be an awesome idea
I doubt he gets signed before late summer, still hasn't been cleared to resume intense excersize from his pulmonary thing. I have no problem with him, can play center or wing and above average skill but more of what we already have unless he comes cheap. We need a rugged top 6...Laich Cole Langenbrunner etc

Old
06-17-2011, 06:28 AM
Vanek20
Drive for 25

I see what you did there...the Czecking line? Fleish-Plek-Jagr?

Closed Thread