HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Boston Bruins @ Vancouver Canucks game 7 winner takes all

Closed Thread

Old
06-16-2011, 12:09 PM
Ollie Williams

vCash: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastRide View Post
If the rumors were true gainey or PG was going after the Sedins when their contract was up. I am sure glad they decided to stay in Vancouver. These guys are soft and over-rated.
I just think the Bruins did to the Canucks what the Habs did to the Pens last season.

Crosby and Malkin were shut down just like the Sedins were. Nothing more than that. In addition, everything was backed up with phenomenal goaltending.

Old
06-16-2011, 12:15 PM
usernam

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports1131 View Post
Anyone else think it's a guarantee that we'll be playing in Boston's home opener just so we have the "privilege" of seeing the banner raised?
Yes. I have no doubt their opening home game will be drawn against us. Cherry on the cake.

Last edited by usernam: 06-16-2011 at 01:01 PM. Reason: Typos
Old
06-16-2011, 12:24 PM
PhysicX

vCash: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMo316 View Post
Yes. I have no doubt their opening home game will he drawn against us. Cheery on the cake.
Look on the bright side! It might piss off our players and ignite a fire in them. And then Marchand would injure Markov on the boards... Repeat injury plagued season like this year!

Nevermind, I've never said anything!

Old
06-16-2011, 12:32 PM
Dharvey33

Boston was not the best team in the east this year i hate the pens but give them Crosby not even Malkin and there is your stanley cup finalist.

We outplayed Boston 5 games out of 7 but managed to lose the series.
With Markov and paciorrety we would have won the series and who knows maybe we would have been in the finals with a hot goalie and a good game plan.

People can say what they want about Martin but he outcoached totaly Julien in the series plus Boudreau and Bilsma last year.Against Laviollette it was just Leighton all the way.He is always trying to do something by changing his lines his pp units.

Not always working but at least he's trying. Vigneault didn't do jack **** in this series, i would have splitted the Sedin just to send them a message. But Daniel with Kesler and Higgins and Henrik with Burrows and Torres. I think it would have changed Something the Sedin sucked like hell together. Julien was always putting on the Bergeron line against them and had succes all the way.

I think Martin has one of the best system for the playoffs and if we have lucky bounces good signings and a healthy lineup for the playoff mark my words WE WILL WIN THE CUP

Old
06-16-2011, 12:33 PM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Quote:
Yes. I have no doubt their opening home game will he drawn against us. Cheery on the cake.
Only other choice is Toronto so Brian Burke can get his Cup ring as well.

Old
06-16-2011, 01:04 PM
usernam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill McNeal View Post
Only other choice is Toronto so Brian Burke can get his Cup ring as well.
For drafting the Sedins or for Trading Kaberle and Seguin?

Old
06-16-2011, 01:08 PM
Bulldozer

Zdeno Chara looked like Donkeykong taking a barrel over his head:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BV0mCiwpXXY&NR=1

Last edited by Bulldozer: 06-16-2011 at 01:36 PM.
Old
06-16-2011, 01:25 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
Your comment is incredibly naive.

Most teams who win the SC are indeed quite lucky. You rarely win on pure dominance/skill alone. You need bounces, luck, fortunate circumstances, etc. Some teams need more than others. Carolina and Boston are the luckiest teams to win the cup in the past 20 years.
You have to be good to be lucky though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharvey33 View Post
Boston was not the best team in the east this year i hate the pens but give them Crosby not even Malkin and there is your stanley cup finalist.
Crosby was a man on a mission. He really looked like he was taking a similar step that Mario did back in '88. He was absolutely on fire. On pace for a 64 goal season and it is tragic for the game that his incredible year was derailed. I really hope he comes back 100% because we can't afford to lose another great the way we did with Lindros.

Old
06-16-2011, 02:28 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimus2861 View Post
I can't get over just how pathetic the Canucks made themselves look. Setting a new record for fewest goals scored in a 7-game series. Managing just 4 goals over the final 5 games, and 3 of those came after games were already lost. A gutless effort in the 7th game. A $10-million goaltender who couldn't stop a beach ball in 4 of the games. Their supposed MVP twins both no-showing the entire series.

That's the best of the west? I guess that conference is really just Detroit and a bunch of wannabes, and Detroit can't win it every year.
And letting the other team set the record for quickest four goals in a series.

Too many fails.

Old
06-16-2011, 02:44 PM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

Alex Burrows busted !

Old
06-16-2011, 02:51 PM
Souvenirs

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimus2861 View Post
I can't get over just how pathetic the Canucks made themselves look. Setting a new record for fewest goals scored in a 7-game series. Managing just 4 goals over the final 5 games, and 3 of those came after games were already lost. A gutless effort in the 7th game. A $10-million goaltender who couldn't stop a beach ball in 4 of the games. Their supposed MVP twins both no-showing the entire series.

That's the best of the west? I guess that conference is really just Detroit and a bunch of wannabes, and Detroit can't win it every year.
The final 4 Western teams were all better than Boston, to be honest.
The stars were aligned for the Bruins though: Penguins without Crosby and Malkin, Flyers collapsing at the end of the season while dominating the league for the first half, Washington swept by Tampa: there were no powerhouse teams to give Boston a lot of trouble. They struggled against Montreal, but being without Markov, Pacioretty and Gorges caught up to us and we ran out of resources ( 3 OT losses, which means we were unable to keep a lead or to score a go ahead goal.)

They were also quite lucky that the Western Conference champions were the Canucks, a team the Bruins have success against. Not to mention they choked

Old
06-16-2011, 03:01 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souvenirs View Post
They were also quite lucky that the Western Conference champions were the Canucks, a team the Bruins have success against. Not to mention they choked
Speculations but yeah, I think Hawks or Wings instead of Nucks, it would have been a different story.

I still can't believe the Luongo chokage. They should put a picture of him next to the word "choke" in the dictionary.

Old
06-16-2011, 03:03 PM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Please name one Hab player that could get away with punching a guy (a league star, no less) 7 TIMES IN THE FACE... long AFTER the whistle... right in FRONT of the ref!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cBej...eature=related

Go on...

Name one Montreal player who would get off penalty free.

????

Hilarious league

Thomas was awesome and Luongo sucked... but that Cup is tainted...

Old
06-16-2011, 03:15 PM
usernam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born in 1909 View Post
Please name one Hab player that could get away with punching a guy (a league star, no less) 7 TIMES IN THE FACE... long AFTER the whistle... right in FRONT of the ref!!

Go on...

????

Hilarious league

Name me one player that would take punches like that without fighting back?

Old
06-16-2011, 03:17 PM
pine

vCash: 50
Quote:
Name me one player that would take punches like that without fighting back?
Daniel Sedin

Old
06-16-2011, 03:18 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:

Go on...

????

Hilarious league

Name one NHL player who would let himself punched like a mindless bobblehead, besides the Sissydins.

League is biased for sure. Stars were aligned and the league was aligned for Ruins to win this.

Old
06-16-2011, 03:22 PM
usernam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poulet Kostopoulos View Post
Name one NHL player who would let himself punched like a mindless bobblehead, besides the Sissydins.

League is biased for sure. Stars were aligned and the league was aligned for Ruins to win this.
The league didn't ask Gionta to miss an open net in game 7 OT.

Old
06-16-2011, 03:24 PM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Quote:

I feel really bad for Sedin that he now is immortalized as a bobblehead... although I must admit its one of the funniest Hockey incidents I have seen

Sedin is just a nice docile European guy... while Marchand is a living rat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2OdInJOcpo

Thank God Subban is immortalized as the guy that crushed him this year

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_BStkVC_zQ

Old
06-16-2011, 03:28 PM
yohan1212

Quote:

Go on...

????

Hilarious league

Marchand got 2 for roughing + 10 minute misconduct. What else is he supposed to get?

Old
06-16-2011, 03:31 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
The league didn't ask Gionta to miss an open net in game 7 OT.
So that explains why Ruins can get away with stuff unpunished?

Old
06-16-2011, 03:38 PM
Pascal

Quote:
So that explains why Ruins can get away with stuff unpunished?
They have before, sure.. but it doesn't take away that they outplayed Vancouver for the cup, so they deserve it.

Old
06-16-2011, 03:45 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
They have before, sure.. but it doesn't take away that they outplayed Vancouver for the cup, so they deserve it.
Sure. Not saying otherwise.

But how about treating all teams the same? That's why we have rules, no?

Old
06-16-2011, 03:57 PM
LesHabsRock

Guys, come on. I hate the Bruins like the next Habs fan, but be honest and call a duck a duck. The Bruins badly outplayed the Canucks outscoring them 21-8 over 7 games. The Canucks were fortunate to even have won one game let alone three. Boston was on a mission after last season's collapse against Philly. They beat our habs who always seem to beat them and then they got some payback against Philly. Bruins have a lot of forwards that can hurt you offensively. The Canucks, in the end, didn't have the depth Boston did. As a hockey fan, it's not hard to make this analysis.

I'm sure any Boston player, whether they admit it or not, will tell you Montreal was the toughest team they had to play the entire playoffs. They went 0 for 21 on the PP against them, had to win 3 times in OT, and only outscored them by one goal over an entire 7 game series. No team in these playoffs gave Boston that hard of a time. We can say that if it wasn't Boston it would've been Montreal holding the Cup IMO.

Old
06-16-2011, 04:00 PM
LesHabsRock

Quote:
The stars were aligned for the Bruins though: Penguins without Crosby and Malkin, Flyers collapsing at the end of the season while dominating the league for the first half, Washington swept by Tampa: there were no powerhouse teams to give Boston a lot of trouble. They struggled against Montreal, but being without Markov, Pacioretty and Gorges caught up to us and we ran out of resources ( 3 OT losses, which means we were unable to keep a lead or to score a go ahead goal.)

Better, based on what? I'm really tired of this West is best mindset people have. The East arguably had 4 of the best teams in the league this year. Boston just proved the East is stronger than the West. Vancouver was the highest scoring team in the league this season. If they played in the East they probably wouldn't have been.

Old
06-16-2011, 04:03 PM
optimus2861

Quote:
Nashville? I don't think so. They don't have anywhere near the offense to get past the second round. San Jose is a proven paper tiger who'll probably never make a final with their current core. Detroit is always a threat but things don't always go their way, sports being what they are.

It's almost a full day later now and I'm still disgusted at the outcome of this season

Closed Thread