HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What do we have to do to contend for the cup next season?

Old
06-16-2011, 04:44 PM
LastRide

vCash: 500
If its the same team with no upgrades. You go to church and pray every day.

LastRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 04:58 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastRide View Post
If its the same team with no upgrades. You go to church and pray every day.
They have already made upgrades.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 05:33 PM
MoobMoob
EntertainingasanSTD

I think they've already got a lot of the tools necessary(assuming they make some key signings), just need some creativity. A big winger to win the battles in the corners and get the puck to cammaleri/plekanec but who's also a scoring option. Not much hope of acquiring that through FA, and the drafts are a bit suspect right now so who could fit the bill right now? Subban.

Deal Spacek for pics, if possible. Sign Konopka if he's cheap enough.

Cam/pleks/subban
patches/gomez/gio
Darche(or leblanc)/Eller/Kostitsyn
Moen/konopka/White(Or Moen/konopka/Darche)
Desharnais(or white/darche)

Markov/Wiz
Gill/Gorges
Diaz(???)/Yemelin
????

MoobMoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 05:40 PM
optimus2861

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsleafs4life View Post
Big, speedy players, but I refuse to agree with going down the goon route. That's not Canadiens hockey.
Goons, no, but we've badly needed guys in the mold of Carbonneau, Gainey, McPhee, Muller, Keane, Skrudland, etc, for many years now. Guys with a great blend of talent, defensive responsibility, and grit. Warriors through-and-through.

optimus2861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 05:52 PM
Lars Eller Superstar*

If we re-sign Wisniewski, it will bring us to Cup contention

Markov - Wiz
Gill - Subban
Gorges - Emelin
Weber

Strong DEFENCE with a real identity.

With Max Pac playing next year, our first 2 line are set and not too bad. Of course we can't always have positive in every line (Gomez and Kostitsyn) but I believe that Eller will be able to bring his game to a better level and possibly steal the show

All we need beside WIZ to re-sign is a 3rd liner with size and grit and a 4th line Center like Halpern

Pacioretty - Gomez - Gionta
Cammalleri - Plekanec - Kostitsyn
UFA - Eller - Moen
Darche - UFA - White

Markov - Wiz
Gill - Subban
Gorges - Emelin
Weber

Price.

Don't tell me that with this lineup we can't finish Top 3 in the Eastern Conference. Look at the strong Defense we would have and an all star goaltender between the pipes !!!!

Lars Eller Superstar* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 07:52 PM
DeVries*

What I learned is that we need a stronger bottom 6 too. If Pouliot if going to end there, let him walk. I'm ok with Darche for 1 more year, develop Eller on the third but after that... We should try to pry some hard working guys. Here some of my personnal interest from free agency.

-J.Ruutu
-Dvorak
-E.Cole
-Kopecky
-Upshall
-J.Ward
-Konopka
-Talbot
-Torres

I'd like to see about 2 of those guys in Montreal. And add a depth dman that can hit and get some minutes when needed, not an other puck-moving or veteran finished guy.

-Montador
-Babchuk
-Hejda
-O'Brien
-Greene

DeVries* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 07:53 PM
Riot55

If we can draft another of Colin Campbells sons then he will make sure we get no suspensions and get away with head shots, and if some one touch's a hab he can suspend them for the remainder of the season or play-offs. We can definitely win the cup.

After all the boarding and headshots in the play offs that should have been suspensions, the only one came against Vancouver because it was against Boston his sons team. Pathetic joke of a league

Boston in my opinion is the worst Stanley cup team I have ever seen. This is how far this league has sunk.

Riot55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 08:06 PM
Top Corner2

The Canadiens are actually closer than it seems.

Here is what I would do:

Add 1 D-man better than Hammer (Joni Pitkanen)
Add 1 top 6 forward (Jussi Jokinen)
Add 1 good role player (maybe via trade? Kopecky?)

Top Corner2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 08:22 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

1) another top 6 calibur forward

2) another top 4 d-man (assuming it is markov, subban, gorges, and gill as the top 4 as of this moment)

3) A 2 way centre who can win faceoffs (assuming halpern is not coming back)

4) Remain relatively healthy (this goes for every team)

All these ingredients will make the habs a definite contender, regardless of how gomez rebounds.

Given how the habs gave the bruins a run for the division with a depleted roster, the habs should be a contender for the division title regardless of the moves gauthier makes, but the above mentioned ingredients will make this team a serious cup contender.

Last edited by Hackett: 06-16-2011 at 08:29 PM.
Hackett is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 09:11 AM
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
You're making no sense at all..."Dump and chase really doesn't take any possession time away anyway". That's an oxymoron if I ever heard one...So by giving the opposition the puck and then trying to get it back you don't lose time of posession...wait while I laugh out loud
So listening to you, I guess being a "puck possession team", which we clearly aren't, we should burn dump-and-chase teams such as Boston in the time of possession column at the end of most games? That's definitely not what the stats/games showed last playoffs ...

We gave the puck way more easily than they did, and ultimately, that's why we got killed in that aspect of the game. And that's why we get bad breaks. You can't get good breaks when the other team always gets the puck back on their stick that easily.

Quote:
That's the whole point, the Habs are built to keep the puck once they have it, Boston dumps it and tries to retrieve it...puck posession vs dump and chase. Adding good forecheckers is a definite need, a healthy Pacioretty would be a nice start, he was one of our best all year. Eller and AK are pretty good also. I'd like a Laich if he isn't overpriced, but Cole or Langenbrunner could bridge the gap until somebody better comes along if Laich is too expensive.
If the Habs are built to keep the puck once they have it, it certainly isn't showing. Because Boston had one hell of an easy time getting it back from us. Our defense plays dumb hockey too often, and are way too easily pushed into making mistakes. We need smarter d-men. Markov helps... but will he be healthy? Nobody knows. Odds are he'll not come back as strong as before. This is pure realism. He's 32/33 and comes back from 2 different major interventions in his leg. If he comes back as strong as before, odds are he'll be injury-prone. Gorges is one hell of a warrior, but he's definitely not what I'd call a very clever d-man. I want him on my PK and in crucial defensive missions, but he's not what I'd call a quick d-man, be it in execution or in raw skating. Emelin? He could just as well bust or be a revelation. Nobody knows for sure. You can't count on him like you do right now, and saying he definitely improves our team. He's too much of a wildcard. And the other 2 players you named are huge question marks heading in 2011-2012... especially Markov. As for the forwards, we have to make improvements. Be it Laich, Cole, even Gagné or Jagr... We must improve in the puck possession aspect, and those 4 would help in their own way.

Quote:
Adding Markov Gorges and Yemelin can't help but improve the skill, smarts and mobility of the defense. Gill was a beast the last 2 playoffs and he has his role during the season on PK, not sure how keeping him is in any way a bad thing?

How does Darche prevent us from adding more rugged players? He isn't the problem, he's one of our guys with size that goes to the dirty areas and he is a very productive player for his ice time. Winning teams have guys like him as depth players.

How does keeping AK prevent Pacioretty from doing what he did last year? AK is inconsistant, but over a full year his production for the ice time he got was good, he's a horse, he needs a coach to play him, not cut his ice time every time he struggles a bit...letting him walk for nothing would have been dumb.
Gill helps on many things. He is a nuisance in many other aspects of the game. This is how he is. And he definitely doesn't help us in the puck possession aspect.

Darche takes one spot in the 12 available ones, and he prevents us to get a more rugged player, because you can only have so many limited talents in one roster. Plus, he's actually a liability when our team is not in puck possession OR not in the offensive zone.

As for Andrei Kostitsyn, he takes one top-6 spot, when he should be a "bonus" forward, i.e. a guy you don't count on to be a respectable team. Kostitsyn should be a guy who's not being relied upon. He should be a secondary scorer, who will improve the team when he's on a hot streak, but won't be a liability when he's cold as hell. Ideally, you'll have someone more consistant on your top-6, who will go on cold streaks, but who'll help in many ways even if he's not producing.

HamrlikTheStud* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 09:55 AM
MathMan

Erm... we have numbers to measure puck possession, you realize. And the Habs had the puck more than the Bruins did, in the regular season OR the playoffs. Especially with the score tied.

You're projecting your conclusions into your observation of the game (which is a normal human tendency).

The Bruins actually did have trouble with their forecheck game, especially when Lucic and Horton were trying to dump it in, get around Gill, and forecheck Subban. Often this resulted in Subban saying something to the effect of "meep meep" and the Bruins' big guys forechecking uselessly for a puck that was long gone.

I have problems with every part of your post, really (I think you severely undervalue Josh Gorges and especially Andrei Kostitsyn) but I want to point that one out especially because I'm sick and tired of the Habs being accused of weak puck possession when they were one of the best teams in the league, and especially the East, at it. If it was one thing they really fixed and excelled at this season, that was it.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 10:35 AM
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
Erm... we have numbers to measure puck possession, you realize. And the Habs had the puck more than the Bruins did, in the regular season OR the playoffs. Especially with the score tied.

You're projecting your conclusions into your observation of the game (which is a normal human tendency).

The Bruins actually did have trouble with their forecheck game, especially when Lucic and Horton were trying to dump it in, get around Gill, and forecheck Subban. Often this resulted in Subban saying something to the effect of "meep meep" and the Bruins' big guys forechecking uselessly for a puck that was long gone.

I have problems with every part of your post, really (I think you severely undervalue Josh Gorges and especially Andrei Kostitsyn) but I want to point that one out especially because I'm sick and tired of the Habs being accused of weak puck possession when they were one of the best teams in the league, and especially the East, at it. If it was one thing they really fixed and excelled at this season, that was it.
Dude... The Bruins killed the Canadiens in scoring chances and cycling the puck in the offensive zone. They also had the puck on their stick in the offensive zone and sustained pressure much more than the Habs did. Along the boards, we were losing most battles and it showed. There's a reason why the Bruins won 3 times in OT. and this definitely isn't luck. They had more of a net presence than we did, and ultimately were much, much more talented than we were. Their defensemen were better at taking decision and better at following the play in the offensive zone, excluding Subban in our team.

As for Gorges, what did I say to be accused of underestimating him? He's a very good defensive player with slow decision-making and nothing more than average skating. He's not huge neither. I have no problem with this guy, absolutely none. I just don't think it was particularly useful to retain Gill with this guy still around the team.

Kostitsyn is a liability when he's not on. This is a fact. And you can't explain this with statistics. You should learn to watch hockey games and what happens on the ice more than you do with statistics and mathematics.

The Bruins worked much less than we did to gain control of the puck, and this is a fact. Guys like Gill, Hamrlik, Sopel and Spacek were way too easily pushed into making mistakes. It's a fact. Plus, their d-men had too much of an easy time in the neutral zone. We were totally giving the blueline up to their forwards, when it's crucial to defend it in the playoffs, especially against a team like Boston who is so good at executing.

Quote:
They have already made upgrades.

No, they haven't. The have the potential to have upgraded... Much like every single team in the league at this point.

Old
06-17-2011, 10:48 AM
neofury*

If Halpern would accept a role on our team as #13 I would sign him.

We need depth and hes a good cheap player with good faceoff %'s who could be used in a rotation with another forward. Think of how good Halpern would be come playoff time with rested legs? Play Halpern 40 games but in the last 10 games of the season only play him for 2.

He'd be just as good as Moore come playoff time if we did that and he'd also win us faceoffs. I think Halpern just can't play a full 82 games without breaking down. This is why we got him cheap in the first place. He will play well if you limit his ice time and the amount of games he plays imo.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 11:03 AM
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200

where can i see a list of all the upcoming free agents for the league.

99GoHabsGo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 11:21 AM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowsingForACup View Post
Dude... The Bruins killed the Canadiens in scoring chances and cycling the puck in the offensive zone. They also had the puck on their stick in the offensive zone and sustained pressure much more than the Habs did.
Not in games 1-5 they didn't. Games 6 and 7 was when the short-handed Habs started to get outchanced by the Bruins, but before then the Habs were outplaying the Bs at even-strength. Head over at Olivier's blog at enattendantlesnordiques.blogspot.com -- he counts scoring chances for all Hab games, and also lists shots-at-goals which is a fine proxy for puck possession (if you're shooting the puck then you obviously have it).

Quote:
There's a reason why the Bruins won 3 times in OT. and this definitely isn't luck.
Actually it is. The Habs were the better team with the score tied by a significant margin, and outchanced the Bruins overall in OT. It's really unfortunate (or a credit to Tim Thomas's goaltending!) that they ended up giving up 3 goals and scoring none.

Quote:
They had more of a net presence than we did, and ultimately were much, much more talented than we were. Their defensemen were better at taking decision and better at following the play in the offensive zone, excluding Subban in our team.
LOL... seriously? This is a team that uses Ference-Boychuk as a second-pairing. They're not more talented (they're if anything shallower than the Habs) and their decision-making certainly isn't better.

Boston's D was very shallow. They had Chara, sure, but then it was a significant drop after him to Seidenberg, and a large drop after him to... well, a bunch of guys who would be bottom-pairing D-men on most teams.

Quote:
As for Gorges, what did I say to be accused of underestimating him? He's a very good defensive player with slow decision-making and nothing more than average skating.
Gorges is a legitimate top-4 defenseman, and a good one as well. I wouldn't call his decision-making slow. He'd be, at worst, the third-best defenseman on the oh-so-talented Bruins, possibly even second-best.

Quote:
Kostitsyn is a liability when he's not on. This is a fact.
No it's not. Kostitsyn is a strong two-way player, which is something he doesn't get nearly enough credit for. The real problem with Kostitsyn is that people view him as streaky. He's not any more so than any offensive player in his production range.

Quote:
You should learn to watch hockey games and what happens on the ice more than you do with statistics and mathematics.
Frankly, I think you should learn to watch hockey games; you keep seeing things that don't actually happen.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 12:00 PM
JV

Sign Marko and add a top 6 forward who's 215 lbs or bigger. That's all that we need, imo.

JV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 12:19 PM
neofury*

The real problem with Kostitsyn is that he's European and some people just won't accept him unless he plays at the superstar level.

If his name was John "Canadian Boy" Johnson people would be raving about how he hits hard, is a bit streaky but has all the tools, and is a relevant part of our top 6.

Instead because he's Andrei "Euro boy" Kostitsyn, people are crying about how he hits but isn't physical (lol), is too streaky to be a top 6 forward (even though the majority of 2nd liners put up the same production as he does and half of them don't score a point every other game, they're streaky) so therefore he's irrelevant to our line-up

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 01:35 PM
didouche
CHANGE is coming!!!!

Quote:
I'd sign him in a heartbeat for 700-900 k.
I think we can do better!

didouche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 01:48 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
Not in games 1-5 they didn't. Games 6 and 7 was when the short-handed Habs started to get outchanced by the Bruins, but before then the Habs were outplaying the Bs at even-strength. Head over at Olivier's blog at enattendantlesnordiques.blogspot.com -- he counts scoring chances for all Hab games, and also lists shots-at-goals which is a fine proxy for puck possession (if you're shooting the puck then you obviously have it).

Actually it is. The Habs were the better team with the score tied by a significant margin, and outchanced the Bruins overall in OT. It's really unfortunate (or a credit to Tim Thomas's goaltending!) that they ended up giving up 3 goals and scoring none.

LOL... seriously? This is a team that uses Ference-Boychuk as a second-pairing. They're not more talented (they're if anything shallower than the Habs) and their decision-making certainly isn't better.

Boston's D was very shallow. They had Chara, sure, but then it was a significant drop after him to Seidenberg, and a large drop after him to... well, a bunch of guys who would be bottom-pairing D-men on most teams.

Gorges is a legitimate top-4 defenseman, and a good one as well. I wouldn't call his decision-making slow. He'd be, at worst, the third-best defenseman on the oh-so-talented Bruins, possibly even second-best.

No it's not. Kostitsyn is a strong two-way player, which is something he doesn't get nearly enough credit for. The real problem with Kostitsyn is that people view him as streaky. He's not any more so than any offensive player in his production range.

Frankly, I think you should learn to watch hockey games; you keep seeing things that don't actually happen.
U Mad brah?

First of all, scoring chances and shots on goal is NOT all there is to puck possession. There is much more to this. And NO, the Habs definitely were not controlling the pace of the games. The Bruins could cycle in our own zone without any fear, as nobody was willing/capable to engage long puck battles against them along the boards, save for a guy like Subban.

In overtime, we might have outchanced them, thing is - we collapsed in a pretty pathetic way in game 4 where we were leading 3 to 1. As for Game 7, we started the game sitting back and watching them play, because it's not there in our own players to engage things and dictate the pace of the game. All in all, the Bruins got most of the good breaks, in huge part because they kept winning battles - be it along the boards or in the faceoffs cirle -, and because their play around the net was miles ahead of ours.

The Bruins' d-core was actually very strong, strong enough to completely shutdown Vancouver, Philadelphia, and in some way, our beloved Montreal Canadiens. You underrate this core of defensemen. They had Chara, Kaberle and Seidenberg, a very effective top-3. Even if Kaberle wasn't playing his best hockey, he's still a guy you've got to watch and who, more often than not, will make quick, sharp decisions with the puck in the neutral zone. He's a clever player, and you've got to watch games to see that, because he adds a lot of things that are not visible in statistics. Boychuk is an efficient #4 d-man, Ference and McQuaid is what I'd call a perfect 3rd pairing. They're much better in their own end than a guy like Spacek or a tired Hamrlik, and to pass the puck up the ice, they're not liability like Gill. They also pretty much all have a physical game, minus Kaberle. The Bruins actually have pretty much a perfect defense core to play in the playoffs. They have pretty much of everything.

Boychuk and Kaberle are NOT 3rd pairing d-men on most teams. And Ference/McQuaid are at least equal to Gorges. Seriously. You severely underestimate how good these guys are if you think Gorges would be second only to Chara in their group. Gorges is a good #4/#5 d-man on your team ideally. A guy who'll play big PK minutes and in some important situations, but who won't help your team in the puck possession facet of the game. Neither will Gill for that matter.

To say Kostitsyn is a two-way player is completely ridiculous. Kostitsyn is a streaky player, which is fine by me... if he didn't bring the whole line he's on down with his poor decision-making each and every time he loses confidence. His linemates don't know what to expect out of him. Which is something bad when he's being put on a team's top-6. Ideally, you would put this guy with a guy like Eller on a 3rd line, where he can go through his hot and cold streaks without bringing guys like Cammalleri and especially Plekanec down when he's not producing. These two guys need a guy who'll get them the puck and who'll make the opposing d-men's life tougher night in and night out. Kostitsyn can do it, but is unwilling/uncapable of doing in on a nightly basis.

As for me watching hockey games, ask around the NHL whether or not Kostitsyn is considered an efficient two-way player. This is a pretty ludicrous thing to say, considering the guy is one of those who'll give the puck to the opponents more often than not in our team, especially when he forgets what he's all about (sniping pucks) and that he tries to dangle his way in the offensive zone, just to try an impossible pass backwards to one of our d-men.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
The real problem with Kostitsyn is that he's European and some people just won't accept him unless he plays at the superstar level.

If his name was John "Canadian Boy" Johnson people would be raving about how he hits hard, is a bit streaky but has all the tools, and is a relevant part of our top 6.

Instead because he's Andrei "Euro boy" Kostitsyn, people are crying about how he hits but isn't physical (lol), is too streaky to be a top 6 forward (even though the majority of 2nd liners put up the same production as he does and half of them don't score a point every other game, they're streaky) so therefore he's irrelevant to our line-up
I don't care about his production and his "streakyness". I just can't stand him bringing his whole line down when things aren't going fine with him. I want someone who'll provide the same essential elements night in and night out, which is good puck control in tough areas, hustle along the boards and some REGULAR net presence. A guy who can hold his own in all three zones also would be welcome to help Plekanec in that area. I have no idea how some people here saw decent two-way play in Andrei Kostitsyn. He's a one-way player who has to keep the same patterns in his game to succeed. But he only does it from time to time. And considering we already have two superior snipers in Cammalleri and Gionta, I don't see how he should stay on the top-6. We need another Pacioretty-like player to play with Cammalleri and Plekanec. Be it a Brooks Laich or a Eric Cole. These are my top 2 picks.

Old
06-17-2011, 02:31 PM
hockeyfan2k11

First and foremost, this team needs an identity. The management need a plan as well. I couldn't tell you what Gauthier's plan is. It does seem like he wants to get bigger, which is a good thing.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 02:34 PM
AraGOHABSGO

Wait what?

Let me see here, Cammalleri gets payed 6 million$, Pleckanec same...

And you say, A.K needs to make them produce and he makes half their money.

There is something I dont get....

How can A.K bring down a guy like Cammy and Plecky, when he was with them the first line was on fire...

And the match where he went with Gomez, well Cammy and Plecky slowed as well....

And if we follow your logic, why didnt the first line work with Halpern and Moen?
THey both went in front of the net and let Pleckanec and Cammy create teh plays.. which ended with nothing...
And meanwhile, Eller and A.K were shredding the opposition

AraGOHABSGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 02:40 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by AraGOHABSGO View Post
Wait what?

How can A.K bring down a guy like Cammy and Plecky, when he was with them the first line was on fire...

And the match where he went with Gomez, well Cammy and Plecky slowed as well....

And if we follow your logic, why didnt the first line work with Halpern and Moen?
THey both went in front of the net and let Pleckanec and Cammy create teh plays.. which ended with nothing...
AK is so far from the problem with this team it's not even funny. With that said, I can understand why people want him gone. He played well last year, even when he wasn't scoring. However, in the past, when he was not scoring, he would flat out disappear. If he can play this year like he did last year, I'd be pleased.

We need to be accumulating big, scoring wingers, not getting rid of them.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 02:44 PM
jlgib21*

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post

How do you feel about his 2 goals in last 24 playoff games,and not trying on at least one of Boston's ot goals. He does hit,but isn't tough at all.Do you think other teams have their heads up when he's on the ice. He's a complimentary piece that's all. Not a player you can depend on to take you to the next level

jlgib21* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 02:49 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AraGOHABSGO View Post
Wait what?

Key word here is: When he's down. Quite obviously when he plays like he played at the beginning of last season there's no problem with him. That being said he's a human being, and bound to have cold streaks since it's in his nature... Nothing wrong until there. That being said, when he's in a cold streak, he downright brings everyone on his line down with his poor passes and decisions.

Quote:
The first line didn't work with those two because they're 4th line pluggers. I've never said we should replace Kostitsyn with one of them. I want someone who'll bring something consistantly AND have the talent to pot one at some times... And make Cammalleri and Plekanec's life easier.

Salaries have nothing to do with it. It's about making sure to put your best players in the best conditions you can. Your arguments have nothing to do with my post. I never doubted Kostitsyn's ability to produce. I just question his ability to be useful to his linemates when he's not producing, in the same fashion a Cole or a Laich would be useful with those two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlgib21 View Post
How do you feel about his 2 goals in last 24 playoff games,and not trying on at least one of Boston's ot goals. He does hit,but isn't tough at all.Do you think other teams have their heads up when he's on the ice. He's a complimentary piece that's all. Not a player you can depend on to take you to the next level
Yeah, this.

Old
06-17-2011, 02:53 PM
jlgib21*

Living in New Englad,the 4 teams that have won championships this decade,did so a couple of years after changing their management. Forget about a Cup,or even being a top contender until this "bilingual b.s to be GM and coach is changed. Nothing happens until PG,BG and JM are out.Especially PG

jlgib21* is offline   Reply With Quote