HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs v.6.0

Old
06-16-2011, 04:36 PM
mooseOAK*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfanz View Post
There is that nicely overused term "straw man" again. And yes it does sound rather bitter and immature to read all the posts regarding Kaberle being a flop and how the Bruins could have used Kessel. I read one post where "Brian Burke stole the Cup from Boston" because of the Kessel deal. It really is childish and most of this crap is probably written by children. I don't feel I'm on a higher level except for the fact that I can appreciate a good hockey team and a fantastic final and I don't feel the need to denigrate other franchises because my team sucks. But its what makes some people feel better about themselves....no different than those who are very critical of beautiful or talented people because they are not.

Going into the final, I really didn't like either squad but Boston won me over. I always loved Kaberle and he helped in my decision to root for them. The whole "bitter Leaf fan" is not a creation of mine but rather an observation of mine after spending way too much time on these boards reading garbage from so called savvy hockey fans. Also mooseOak...I really really really couldn't give a rats a$$ who you support or don't and why or why not. I don't care about your opinions or your snarky one line posts that try to ridicule the poster. I really don't. I find you amusing and kinda predictable actually.

You will find it in your infinite wisdom to post another classic one-liner in response to this post..I fully expect it because after all you are the HF Board genius with all the smart answers.
I didn't find it to be a "fantastic" series at all. Last night's game and the first game were as dull as dishwater and the three games in Boston were all blowouts.

If one what one person posts is going to get you into such a lather then maybe you should leave. But before you vacate the place can you explain why you have so much respect for the job that Chiarelli has done in winning a Stanley Cup but Brian Burke who did the same thing is an arrogant blowhard who if anyone has any faith in his ability to build a winner here is nothing but a MLSE drone?

mooseOAK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 05:47 PM
Joey Hoser

Quote:
There is that nicely overused term "straw man" again.
Well don't make strawman arguments then. Pretty obvious solution here.

Do you not know what it means?

Joey Hoser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 07:45 PM
Giuseppe Sallo
ELE-VAT-ED

Milan Lucic GF is HOT!

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm...tadto1_500.jpg

Giuseppe Sallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 07:49 PM
Volcanologist
Spark up a Dubas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giuseppe Sallo View Post
meh.

Volcanologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 07:52 PM
Giuseppe Sallo
ELE-VAT-ED

She reminds me of Kristin Cavallari.

Giuseppe Sallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 07:58 PM
hockeyfanz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Hoser View Post
Well don't make strawman arguments then. Pretty obvious solution here.

Do you not know what it means?
No Mr. Hoser what does it mean?

hockeyfanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 08:06 PM
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason

I don't really know what it means. I have a general sense of it, But yea, someone explain it.

smoke meat pete* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 08:10 PM
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason

OK, now that I've looked it up, can we just conclude every argument on the board is a strawman.

smoke meat pete* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 08:26 PM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giuseppe Sallo View Post
Pathetic performance from Vancouver. I mean, awful. This a Game 7 and you don't bother showing up? PATHETIC! Boston, meh. They were alright this playoffs, But Thomas was the real story. He deserved the conn smythe and the cup. Good on him!

PS: I still hate Marchand though. What a ******!
Marchand as a rookie put Burrows to shame, not only playing his game but elevating it and standing up ready to fight for his play.

Desjardins estimates that about 40% of the game is captured by Corsi analysis.
ULF_55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 08:27 PM
hockeyfanz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseOAK View Post
I didn't find it to be a "fantastic" series at all. Last night's game and the first game were as dull as dishwater and the three games in Boston were all blowouts.

If one what one person posts is going to get you into such a lather then maybe you should leave. But before you vacate the place can you explain why you have so much respect for the job that Chiarelli has done in winning a Stanley Cup but Brian Burke who did the same thing is an arrogant blowhard who if anyone has any faith in his ability to build a winner here is nothing but a MLSE drone?
Firstly I'd like to say thank you for proving me wrong....You didn't come back with one of your classic dry and scathing one liner posts regarding my hockey knowledge or intelligence in general. Now let me address your post.

You didn't find it to be a fantastic final? 7 games with gladiator like battles on the ice. WIth all the sideshows and subplots? With 2 1-0 games and a 3-2 OT game. With some of the best goaltending witnessed in recent SC finals? With an original 6 team vs. a Canadian team? With the Presidents Trophy winners and the two best defensive teams in hockey? Ok.

Well I would suggest you are in the minority but it is your opinion and maybe you like a different brand of hockey.

You cannot deny the fantastic job that Chiarelli did to build the Bruins. Not only are they SC Champions for the present but Chiarelli has lined them up with plenty of draft picks. Some really good young talent like Seguin, Rask, Marchand, Lucic, Krejci, Seindenberg, Patrice Bergeron, Horton and Boychuck...they have a number of vets to compliment the youth. Studs in Chara and Tim Thomas.

As for Brian Burke, I never really like him and always remember the spectacle he made out of the Kevin Lowe-Dustin Penner signing. I was never a fan of his, its nothing to do with the Leafs. Now that he is the Leafs GM, I guess I have to tolerate him. If he does a good job, I win because Im a fan of the team. If he craps out and the team doesn't go anywhere, I never liked him anyway. I don't care for all his moves thus far but I do like some of his moves alot and the general direction of the team. Until Brian Burke produces some results however, I won't be the guy tooting his horn...sorry.

Old
06-16-2011, 08:29 PM
hockeyfanz

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynrehab View Post
OK, now that I've looked it up, can we just conclude every argument on the board is a strawman.
awesome.

Old
06-16-2011, 08:30 PM
TrueBlue86

Quote:

Going into the final, I really didn't like either squad but Boston won me over. I always loved Kaberle and he helped in my decision to root for them. The whole "bitter Leaf fan" is not a creation of mine but rather an observation of mine after spending way too much time on these boards reading garbage from so called savvy hockey fans. Also mooseOak...I really really really couldn't give a rats a$$ who you support or don't and why or why not. I don't care about your opinions or your snarky one line posts that try to ridicule the poster. I really don't. I find you amusing and kinda predictable actually.

You will find it in your infinite wisdom to post another classic one-liner in response to this post..I fully expect it because after all you are the HF Board genius with all the smart answers.
do you think anyone cares who you support and why or why not?

IMO leaf fans have handled themselves remarkably well. if you saw the poll most were preferring the bruins to win it.

lol you find points ppl will make against a division rival and you classify as 'bitter leaf fans.'

ok go to the boston board and boast about the leafs and see the reaction you usually get.

TrueBlue86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 08:34 PM
crump
~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~

vCash: 671
I think Thomas sort of made it a boring game. You knew the Canucks were cooked after the 2nd goal. An exciting final would have had a comeback, of some sort, maybe overtime. Or at least the canucks showing some desperation and crashing the net. I saw none of that. Just a team deflate after Luongo lost his crease.

crump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 08:37 PM
Suntouchable13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueBlue86 View Post
do you think anyone cares who you support and why or why not?

IMO leaf fans have handled themselves remarkably well. if you saw the poll most were preferring the bruins to win it.

lol you find points ppl will make against a division rival and you classify as 'bitter leaf fans.'

ok go to the boston board and boast about the leafs and see the reaction you usually get.
Anybody can cheer for whoever they want. If somebody cheered for Boston to lose (like me), that does not make them bitter. I don't like thier fans, I don't like PC, I don't like Julien, I don't like the system they play, and I also don't like Cam Neely.

Suntouchable13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 08:43 PM
EazyB97

Quote:
Firstly I'd like to say thank you for proving me wrong....You didn't come back with one of your classic dry and scathing one liner posts regarding my hockey knowledge or intelligence in general. Now let me address your post.

You didn't find it to be a fantastic final? 7 games with gladiator like battles on the ice. WIth all the sideshows and subplots? With 2 1-0 games and a 3-2 OT game. With some of the best goaltending witnessed in recent SC finals? With an original 6 team vs. a Canadian team? With the Presidents Trophy winners and the two best defensive teams in hockey? Ok.
I agree that it wasn't great hockey. The best parts of the series were the "nonsense" that came with it. The Canucks simply didn't show up for 4 of the games and the 1-0 games weren't exactly exciting. Doesn't take away from the Bruins or their accomplishment, but the hockey could've been better. Both teams first round series were much more interesting from a hockey point of view. Aside from Thomas' strong play, the only things that stood out were non-hockey related like Luongo's comments, Burrows biting, Rome's suspension, etc..

I'd put this series ahead of the Ducks/Sens final, but behind the 2 Pitts/Detroit series, Phi/Chi and Car/Edm for post-lockout SCFs.

Last edited by EazyB97: 06-16-2011 at 08:51 PM.
EazyB97 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 09:30 PM
Thrillingbroom

Thrillingbroom is offline   Reply With Quote