HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Trade Proposal Thread ‎2011 (part 6)

View Poll Results: Who would you trade for Kyle Turris?
Brendan Gallagher 1 3.57%
Nathan Beaulieu 0 0%
Lars Eller 1 3.57%
Alexander Avtsin & Michael Bournival 2 7.14%
Louis Leblanc & Yannick Weber 4 14.29%
Two first round picks 0 0%
One first round and two (or three) second round picks 0 0%
Nope! Ain't gonna do it. 20 71.43%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
06-10-2011, 03:51 AM
S Bah

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
See, he can still do it anyway. If he doesn't care about signing with the team that trades for his rights, he can tell them to screw off and sign elsewhere. These UFA rights are just the chance to talk to him before July 1. If he has any sense of gratefulness to Dallas, he'd waive the NMC to help Dallas (pick/prospect/whatever).
Yeah and that's the kind of player we want for our team right,selfish as the day is long. Team game what is that?

Old
06-10-2011, 03:20 PM
larrypacman8167

Quote:
Originally Posted by tserberis View Post
Gomez to Dallas for Richards rights
why would they take gomez for the same price as richards ???

Old
06-10-2011, 03:29 PM
S Bah

I just read where Niuewendyck says he will entertain offers on Richards rights,so I guess Richards has seen the light.

Old
06-10-2011, 04:58 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
Bogosian and Colin Wilson are 21 this summer.
This is exactly why I said that. Why do you compare 20yo players with a 25yo player.

Old
06-10-2011, 06:02 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
This is exactly why I said that. Why do you compare 20yo players with a 25yo player.
To confuse people obviously.

Old
06-10-2011, 10:04 PM
RE-HABS

Help the Canucks re-sign Bieksa

Okay, we all know the Canucks will want to sign Bieksa as he is their stud back there and he is going to get a nice raise.

Ballard is a good DMan, was in Florida and in Phoenix. Seemed to have lost the coaches confidence in Vancouver, and by doing so lost his too. He needs a change of scenry.

He is only 28, under contract for $4.2 million for the next 4 years. He is a top 4 Dman, and he is a solid 5'11"-6' and 200 lbs.

We could trade Spacek, would love to trade Gomez, but that would only work next year as the hit isn't the same as the salary.

In order to do such a favor for Gillis and the Canucks, we ask for Hodgson too.

Wait. Before you boo-hoo it, the Canucks have to make it worth our while as we give them less salary, plus a one year contract to a 4 year contract. In order to take such a deal they have to make it worth our while too.

Would you do it???

I would. Both Ballard and Hodgson need a change of scenry, and both are young and good!

Old
06-10-2011, 10:06 PM
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
Ballard is overpaid.

Why does Hodgson need a change of scenery ?

How much have you had to drink tonight ? I'll attribute this terrible thread to drinking and not your own unaltered intelligence.

Old
06-10-2011, 10:08 PM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Ballard is overpaid.

How much have you had to drink tonight ? I'll attribute this terrible thread to drinking and not your own unaltered intelligence.
They tried to make him go to rehabs, he said no no no.

Old
06-10-2011, 10:11 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Ballard is overpaid.

Hodgson has had his run ins with managment with mishandling him with his back injury, and they kind of punished him for it in his development and sticking him in Manitoba longer than he should have.

Ballard is a good Dman, highly sought after. The Canuck situation just didn't work out for him.

Old
06-10-2011, 10:47 PM
S Bah

I wonder what kind of trade it would take to get the NYI and Toronto's 1st picks in next years draft,whilst keeping our own 1st.Start building for 2012 draft there are so many quality players available its to drool over!Stockpile those picks,decide on the core group the Habs want to keep for the future and trade everyone else for 1st picks.Then bring up players out of Hamilton to give them experience and keep the players that contracts run out at the end of next season.I can only imagine starting with Price,Subban,Markov, Pacioretty,and Plekanec then add four or five out of the top ten from next years draft. What a core group that would be.

Old
06-11-2011, 07:41 AM
jlgib21*

Quote:
I wonder what kind of trade it would take to get the NYI and Toronto's 1st picks in next years draft,whilst keeping our own 1st.Start building for 2012 draft there are so many quality players available its to drool over!Stockpile those picks,decide on the core group the Habs want to keep for the future and trade everyone else for 1st picks.Then bring up players out of Hamilton to give them experience and keep the players that contracts run out at the end of next season.I can only imagine starting with Price,Subban,Markov, Pacioretty,and Plekanec then add four or five out of the top ten from next years draft. What a core group that would be.
To get the NYI or TOR top pick,you have to start with Subban. We don't have the players to do it,and I wouldn't trade PK for the top pick

Old
06-11-2011, 08:13 AM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
Okay, we all know the Canucks will want to sign Bieksa as he is their stud back there and he is going to get a nice raise.

Ballard is a good DMan, was in Florida and in Phoenix. Seemed to have lost the coaches confidence in Vancouver, and by doing so lost his too. He needs a change of scenry.

He is only 28, under contract for $4.2 million for the next 4 years. He is a top 4 Dman, and he is a solid 5'11"-6' and 200 lbs.

We could trade Spacek, would love to trade Gomez, but that would only work next year as the hit isn't the same as the salary.

In order to do such a favor for Gillis and the Canucks, we ask for Hodgson too.

Wait. Before you boo-hoo it, the Canucks have to make it worth our while as we give them less salary, plus a one year contract to a 4 year contract. In order to take such a deal they have to make it worth our while too.

Would you do it???

I would. Both Ballard and Hodgson need a change of scenry, and both are young and good!
I've thought about that kind of Ballard scenario too. He might still be a good defenceman who just had a bad year on a new team.

I remember some years ago wanting to pick up Adrian "Augroin" Aucoin from Chicago on the feeling that he was still a good player in a bad environment. That probably would've worked out. But there is always the possibility of another Niinimaa, who rapidly went from being a PP, top 4 defenceman to a liability as a 7th defencemen on a team with weak depth.

The problem with Ballard is that if he is still a good defenceman, then Vancouver doesn't need to package him with Hodgson to dump him. I think there are teams out there who see the potential in him returning to form. Put it another way: if Vancouver were prepared to offer Hodgson with Ballard, how many teams would be interested?

I think there would a bidding war, especially among teams with low salary mass and weak depth. A team near the cap floor with some holes on defence might very well be tempted to take the chance on Ballard, all the more so if Hodgson were added.

To the extent that the premise of the deal is to dump some of our clunk in exchange for the bigger clunk of Ballard with the incentive of Hodgson, I just don't see a deal there.

Old
06-11-2011, 08:14 AM
TheBuriedHab

Canucks aren't moving Hodgson as a package in a salary dump. They still value him A lot.

Old
06-11-2011, 11:29 AM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuriedHab View Post
Canucks aren't moving Hodgson as a package in a salary dump. They still value him A lot.
#10th pick with a bum back ,highly sought after throughout the NHL.Gillis isn't having great luck getting the players he wants from the draft.Like the defenceman he coveted and talked out of turn and some team traded their 2nd round choice to pick in front of him,and chose Tinordi the guy he was talking about.T hat reminds me of Ottawa trying to trade with Brian Burke to land Nadri,Burke asks who do you want,he says Nadri and Burke says that's who we are taking on TV in front of every hockey fan that was watching the draft.

Last edited by S Bah: 06-11-2011 at 11:33 AM. Reason: finish my thought.
Old
06-11-2011, 11:06 PM
Mr. Hab

Dustin Byfuglien: what would you trade for him?

Just interested in knowing what some of you would give to get Byfuglien? He's making $5,2mil/year for the next 5 years (imo, great deal). Some of you will hate me, but I'd rather have Byfuglien over Markov (but I'm trying really hard to love Markov again! he just has to stay healthy #%^&**@! and show up for playoffs in warrior mode...for once). And I also love Byfuglien's salary over Markov's possible salary.

Add a Byfuglien and we're very very close to the Cup, or add one more Subban (PK's d-man brother in a year or two!) and we're extremely close to the Cup... imho!! Our best chance is to set ourselves up to draft (via trade) for PK's d-man brother (heck, if you can...draft his goalie brother, too!!).

Byfuglien would be perfect: as a dman or as a power forward or both!! Great in case of injuries to one of our top 4 dmen or one of our power forwards (he's also a dman who can dominate/stay in front of the net...loved how he battled/competed versus Pronger every game and won most of the battles...he's exactly what we need).

Byfuglien...one can dream (but drafting Subban's dman brother is very possible,imo).

Go Habs Go!!! (already excited for next season...gonna enjoy the summer but already miss our Habs!!).

Last edited by Mr. Hab: 06-11-2011 at 11:34 PM.
Old
06-11-2011, 11:33 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

No and no. M Subban is slated to be drafted pretty high. So unless we tank, no.
Buff was re-signed long-term for big money and he's happy/considered part of the core group. Would cost our Subban. So again no.

Old
06-11-2011, 11:42 PM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
No and no. M Subban is slated to be drafted pretty high. So unless we tank, no.
Buff was re-signed long-term for big money and he's happy/considered part of the core group. Would cost our Subban. So again no.
Ok, almost too difficult (close to impossible!) to get Byfuglien, but Habs management can plan ahead and try to get a top 10 Draft Pick ahead of time from a team that is in the bottom 10...

PK's dman brother can be drafted next year? or the year after?
I'll be hoping the Habs management finds a way to draft him via trade (not last minute but ahead of time before Subban's brother's value rises too high).

Old
06-11-2011, 11:43 PM
not quite yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post

Add a Byfuglien and we're very very close to the Cup,
No.

see think of a stanley cup winning team as a puzzle. to win the cup you need all these pieces and you need them to fit perfectly together.

if you trade for big Buff we are not any closer to the cup because we will lose assets in order to acquire him. losing assets creates holes in our puzzle. These holes must be filled by new pieces and there is no wai in knowing what pieces we will be losing here so how would you know how close we would be? you can't.

We are missing offence to win though, not defence. so unless you plan to move Buff back to forwards (and you didn't mention that) I don't see us being elite contenders just yet with Buff instead of Markov.

Old
06-11-2011, 11:58 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
Ok, almost too difficult (close to impossible!) to get Byfuglien, but Habs management can plan ahead and try to get a top 10 Draft Pick ahead of time from a team that is in the bottom 10...

PK's dman brother can be drafted next year? or the year after?
I'll be hoping the Habs management finds a way to draft him via trade (not last minute but ahead of time before Subban's brother's value rises too high).
I'm not sure I understand. There are too many variables here: what if the team we get the pick off of does really well next year? What if someone else picks him before us?

Old
06-12-2011, 01:00 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by not quite yoda View Post
No.

see think of a stanley cup winning team as a puzzle. to win the cup you need all these pieces and you need them to fit perfectly together.

if you trade for big Buff we are not any closer to the cup because we will lose assets in order to acquire him. losing assets creates holes in our puzzle. These holes must be filled by new pieces and there is no wai in knowing what pieces we will be losing here so how would you know how close we would be? you can't.

We are missing offence to win though, not defence. so unless you plan to move Buff back to forwards (and you didn't mention that) I don't see us being elite contenders just yet with Buff instead of Markov.
You're right...I wouldn't want management to give up 2 star or solid prospects, 1st RoundPick and 1 or 2 young/star players (ex: Subban, Pacioretty) for Byfuglien...I'm just dreaming a bit here!! 'cause I wish we were the ones that traded for Byfuglien (I forget who were the players but I think Atlanta must have given up a lot to get Byfuglien).

I'm still gonna hope we find a way to get Subban's dman brother. PK Subban: we drafted him in 2nd Round , so maybe PK's brother might go in top 15 or top 20 instead of top 10, we'll have to wait and see...

Quote:
I'm not sure I understand. There are too many variables here: what if the team we get the pick off of does really well next year? What if someone else picks him before us?
Risk...there's always that small risk...but I'm just saying/writing that maybe management can increase its chances of drafting Subban's brother...that's all I want.

It's a small risk, but...take that chance maybe?!
What team should end up bottom 10 or bottom 12? management may be better than me at guess-timating/estimating this...after all I'm just one Hab fan who will not pretend to know more than our Habs management (I trust GM Pierre Gauthier and assistant GM or advisor Mr.Bob Gainey).

I'll just hope that somehow management finds a way to secure a top 10 or top 12 Draft pick when Subban's dman brother is ready to be drafted...and I'm not even sure if they need a top 10 pick...maybe Subban's brother will go top 15? top 20?...

I'd be so darn excited to have 2 Subbans wearing the Hab jersey!! (already darn happy we have PK and we drafted him in the 2nd Round, still about that!! PK, imo, should have been a top 3 pick or top 5 pick overall that year ).

cheers!!

Old
06-12-2011, 02:11 AM
Bacchus1

Not too sure if anyone mentioned this, but PK loves, MTL. That is worth a lot. Whow knows if this Shatterkirk fella wants to play in MTL? Important question when trying to move a star asset!

Old
06-12-2011, 08:17 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

i want jordan subban pretty badly...

both on ice against boston = heads exploding

Old
06-16-2011, 07:07 PM
S Bah

With eight days until the draft the Habs have the rights to many defencemen,that can be used to garner some draft picks.The buildup to the draft is certainly going to pick up its pace now that the playoffs are over.The Habs depth is going to be tested this year so I hope the GM and scouting staff are checking out all the possible suitors for any Free Agents come July 1st so there is some return on the choices given up on the players they stand to lose.

Old
06-17-2011, 05:06 AM
jadensdad

the rights to the wiz to carolina for the rights to erik cole.

Old
06-17-2011, 06:05 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
With eight days until the draft the Habs have the rights to many defencemen,that can be used to garner some draft picks.The buildup to the draft is certainly going to pick up its pace now that the playoffs are over.The Habs depth is going to be tested this year so I hope the GM and scouting staff are checking out all the possible suitors for any Free Agents come July 1st so there is some return on the choices given up on the players they stand to lose.
Unless you are talking high end UFA's, players rights are usually not worth a whole lot...I think Bouwmeester brought back a 3rd rounder. The only UFA's we have that could garner a pick are Markov and Wisniewski, I wouldn't trade either until one of the two is signed.

Closed Thread