HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Eklund Rumours Thread: Enter at your own risk

Closed Thread

Old
06-17-2011, 07:14 AM
WestIslander

vCash: 500
Eklund Rumours Thread: Enter at your own risk

As per Eklund, Jagr close to signing in Montreal and Markov might join Komisarek in Toronto

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...-Leafs/1/36440

Old
06-17-2011, 07:15 AM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

Markov to Toronto? Yeeeeeah right. Markov is too respectful.

Old
06-17-2011, 07:17 AM
CGG

I think he's got it backwards, Komisarek is probably desperate to play with Markov again so his career can be resurrected. Komi is far better with Markov on the left side than Lebda / Lashoff. There's no reason why Markov would ever want to play in Toronto though.

Old
06-17-2011, 07:18 AM
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner

Awards:
Just a reminder; Eklund is a member of HFBoards, so any attack on him will be removed as per the site rules.

Can't see this happening though.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Old
06-17-2011, 07:19 AM
Subban76

Well I guess this means we are keeping Markov and not getting Jagr

Old
06-17-2011, 07:23 AM
Vanek20
Drive for 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
As per Eklund, Jagr close to signing in Montreal and Markov might join Komisarek in Toronto

Thanks for sharing.....NOT. There is two teams id see Markov end up if Mr. Gauthier decide to let him go, Vancouver and Washington.

Old
06-17-2011, 07:23 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post

Eklund speculating to get more hits...

I can't see Markov going anywhere unless they have questions about his knee. If he appears to have a full recovery I expect 2 years and 11.5 mil.

Old
06-17-2011, 07:26 AM
katatoniak

Haha yeah, right

Old
06-17-2011, 07:29 AM
BeBen*

Oh look, the NHL season ended and Eklund is already at it with 2 Habs rumors per day to keep the hits on his site going during the summer

Old
06-17-2011, 07:31 AM
Vanek20
Drive for 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeBen View Post
Oh look, the NHL season ended and Eklund is already at it with 2 Habs rumors per day to keep the hits on his site going during the summer
Soon he'll pop up Luongo and Bieksa's rights vs Price

Old
06-17-2011, 07:35 AM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

Remember the time that a poster joked that the return for Maxim Lapierre was Jason Blake? And then it popped up on his site like 15 minutes later? Definite all-time Eklund highlight.

Old
06-17-2011, 07:59 AM
shutehinside

Didn't Markov's agent JUST say that he expected Markov to sign before the draft?

Besides, the only way Markov would know if the Leafs were interested in him would if they colluded. We all know the Leafs would never do that anyways.

Old
06-17-2011, 08:09 AM
habdynasty

Is Burke going to offer Markov 9million a season ? Lol

Old
06-17-2011, 08:19 AM
walsy37

Yay - real hockey is over, so fake hockey is back in!

Don't we have an Ecklund thread that we voted on. With the offseason coming up and the fact that someone will likely have a post that links practically every free agent to Montreal, we need to bring it back.

Old
06-17-2011, 08:26 AM
Belso

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Just a reminder; Eklund is a member of HFBoards, so any attack on him will be removed as per the site rules.

He is? :S

The only reason I can see why Markov might sign with Toronto over Montreal is that it's in Canada and he just became a Canadian citizen and Toronto offered him a much better contract..

But let's hope it's not true...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
Didn't Markov's agent JUST say that he expected Markov to sign before the draft?

Besides, the only way Markov would know if the Leafs were interested in him would if they colluded. We all know the Leafs would never do that anyways.
When is the draft??????

Old
06-17-2011, 08:38 AM
ScopeHockey

Eklund's gone bananas. He's started using F bombs in his blogs.

Old
06-17-2011, 08:39 AM
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If this allowed us to keep Wiz, I'd be ok with this.

I don't think it's a sure bet that Markov will make a full recovery. He is getting older and has many injuries on those legs. He's about the age where the accumulation of injuries limits his game. I certainly don't want PG to enter into a long term contract arrangement with him, until I've had a decent look at him. I would be happy with a 1-year deal at 5mil... maybe a 2 year deal at 4.5... but if he wants more than that (years), I could live with seeing him in blue and whtie.

We already have some dead weight in Gomez. What happens if we sign Markov like 5 years @ 6 mil and he's a shadow of his old self?

Old
06-17-2011, 08:51 AM
neofury*

Quote:

Until we ever see him make posts to backup his rumors imo that's his sad way of getting mommy and daddy to stop the kids in the neighborhood from calling him that kid who lies about everything.

I don't see why as a result of this the guy can't be called what he is, a fraud who is using people like us to make money. It hasn't been proven otherwise so I just don't see why we're allowing him to basically use his HF account as a loophole. Whenever one of the french media people post something stupid we're pretty much allowed to dedicate entire threads to the fact that this person is an idiot. Even when an HF green poster posts a bad article they're allowed to get ripped for it, but because Eklund makes an account on HF that he never uses we aren't allowed to form an opinion about him and his so-called "articles" anymore?

I just don't see why having an account on HF all of the sudden gives media people carte blanche to write the stupidest most made up stories and not get slammed for it by HF members.

See Bertrand Raymond, are you honestly telling me all he has to do to stop threads like this http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=925978 from appearing he just has to make an HFBoards account?

A line needs to be drawn between member and actual media person regardless of whether or not the person is a member. This person Eklund puts articles that are pretty well entirely fabricated just like any other site like that *********** a while back, but because he has a cult following even though less than 0.5% of his rumors are true all of the sudden we can't voice our opinion about him and his ******** articles?

I just find it very backwards and silly. You're a media person, you put your reputation on the line. You shouldn't be able to use some loophole on the biggest hockey discussion forum on the internet just to get people to stop discrediting your work. The way I see it you put it out there it's out there for people to form their opinion on not only you but whether or not your work is legitimate. What makes Eklund so special when I see tons of other threads closed because they're from bad sources? The guy has a less than 1% success rate, I think it's safe to say he isn't a legitimate source.

So basically you're giving anyone on HF carte blanche to make a site filled with fabricated lies, keep total anonymity and just say "I have sources, that makes me a legit source, I'm a member so... nobody can call me a fraud and threads using me as a source shouldn't be locked".

I just don't see how you differentiate between Eklund and all those other people, heck even some of them are members of the media who aren't considered legit sources due to their track record, but somehow this guy is????

Old
06-17-2011, 09:00 AM
LyleOdelein

This is not directed at any fellow members of HF. I just thought I'd throw this Allan Walsh tweet from a few days ago out there.

"Those of us who represent players+talk to GM's everyday laugh out loud at what some of the hockey rumour guys are spewing now."

Old
06-17-2011, 09:00 AM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Until we ever see him make posts to backup his rumors imo that's his sad way of getting mommy and daddy to stop the kids in the neighborhood from calling him that kid who lies about everything.

I don't see why as a result of this the guy can't be called what he is, a fraud who is using people like us to make money. It hasn't been proven otherwise so I just don't see why we're allowing him to basically use his HF account as a loophole. Whenever one of the french media people post something stupid we're pretty much allowed to dedicate entire threads to the fact that this person is an idiot. Even when an HF green poster posts a bad article they're allowed to get ripped for it, but because Eklund makes an account on HF that he never uses we aren't allowed to form an opinion about him and his so-called "articles" anymore?

I just don't see why having an account on HF all of the sudden gives media people carte blanche to write the stupidest most made up stories and not get slammed for it by HF members.

See Bertrand Raymond, are you honestly telling me all he has to do to stop threads like this http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=925978 from appearing he just has to make an HFBoards account?

A line needs to be drawn between member and actual media person regardless of whether or not the person is a member. This person Eklund puts articles that are pretty well entirely fabricated just like any other site like that *********** a while back, but because he has a cult following even though less than 0.5% of his rumors are true all of the sudden we can't voice our opinion about him and his ******** articles?

I just find it very backwards and silly. You're a media person, you put your reputation on the line. You shouldn't be able to use some loophole on the biggest hockey discussion forum on the internet just to get people to stop discrediting your work. The way I see it you put it out there it's out there for people to form their opinion on not only you but whether or not your work is legitimate. What makes Eklund so special when I see tons of other threads closed because they're from bad sources? The guy has a less than 1% success rate, I think it's safe to say he isn't a legitimate source.

So basically you're giving anyone on HF carte blanche to make a site filled with fabricated lies, keep total anonymity and just say "I have sources, that makes me a legit source, I'm a member so... nobody can call me a fraud and threads using me as a source shouldn't be locked".

I just don't see how you differentiate between Eklund and all those other people, heck even some of them are members of the media who aren't considered legit sources due to their track record, but somehow this guy is????
Deep breath, Neo.

You can call out the rumours as you see fit, we've never removed posts for making fun of the rumours in the past. All crimson was saying is that since he's a HFboards member, the rules for flaming apply here, so you can't go calling him a big, lying idiot. Or, you know, something to that effect.

Markov to toronto sounds stupid, but I am starting to get a bit worried that he hasn't been signed yet.

Old
06-17-2011, 09:17 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Markov to the Leafs?

Thanks Eklund, I needed the laugh.

Old
06-17-2011, 09:46 AM
ScottFC

Quote:

Can't we have an exception to the rule just this once.. Common its Eklund

Old
06-17-2011, 09:50 AM
walsy37

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Deep breath, Neo.

You can call out the rumours as you see fit, we've never removed posts for making fun of the rumours in the past. All crimson was saying is that since he's a HFboards member, the rules for flaming apply here, so you can't go calling him a big, lying idiot. Or, you know, something to that effect.

Markov to toronto sounds stupid, but I am starting to get a bit worried that he hasn't been signed yet.
Yeah, but Neo has a good point also. Is it right to give someone "member" protection just because he signed up for an account? Does this apply to media members who may just be signing up for the protection - Ecklund has a lot to lose (specifically a reduction in new members) if gullible people are alerted to him. Is he still active on HF? When was the last time Ecklund actually posted something on HF?

Old
06-17-2011, 10:02 AM
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by walsy37 View Post
Yeah, but Neo has a good point also. Is it right to give someone "member" protection just because he signed up for an account? Does this apply to media members who may just be signing up for the protection - Ecklund has a lot to lose (specifically a reduction in new members) if gullible people are alerted to him. Is he still active on HF? When was the last time Ecklund actually posted something on HF?
Whether that's why he made an account or not, the same rules apply. There is, however, no rule that states; a member of the media can not create an account on HF for the sole purpose of stopping his name from being ridiculed. His rumors do all the ridiculing for itself. While I can see where Neo is coming from, as I have been there before with Eklund's "sources", the rules must still be enforced here.

There's a difference between me saying; "His rumours are so full of crap." and "Eklund is a lying piece of garbage." Obviously, the second one won't fly.

Old
06-17-2011, 10:10 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Despite the subject line warning I actually clicked on this thread. I got what I deserve. Stupid Stupid Stupid [hitting my head against the wall].

I can really see the logic in Markov going to Toronto, Komisarek makes Markie sooooooo much better as a player.

Has Eklund not heard of the word "tampering".

Closed Thread