HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers will buy out Drury (Brooks: Drury gone, Avery safe; Wolski maybe?)

Closed Thread

Old
06-17-2011, 02:06 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
so 1st period goals can't be clutch? goals from 2009-2010 can't be clutch?

just stop.
oh were gona give him a pass because he scored a couple big goals? Please you stop. Like I said before I have NEVER hated drury, i liked him. But I'm not going to sit here and accept his production here as anything but putrid. He was being paid a lot of money. Even if his contract was $6 million per year it would've still been a terrible career here.

Old
06-17-2011, 02:08 AM
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED

Only a few more hours of this guy on our roster. The countdown is on. Mark this day down in your calenders boys, good day to be a Ranger fan.

Old
06-17-2011, 02:57 AM
Kane One
HFB Partner

vCash: 823
So how does this work? He gets waived first and when he clears he gets bought out? Simple as that?

06-17-2011, 04:25 AM
eco's bones

Rangers can't waive him. He's been notified that he's being bought out. Whether it happens tomorrow or two weeks from now remains to be seen though. The Rangers might try to work out some kind of deal between Drury and another team where he will waive him NMC. If and when he's bought out there are no waivers involved. He just becomes a UFA. For an example from the past--Vinny Prospal.

Old
06-17-2011, 05:40 AM
17futurecap

Brooks says no go on the buyout with the knee injury, what a disaster.

http://m.nypost.com/p/sports/rangers...7jXnaAe8XRQAnK

Old
06-17-2011, 05:56 AM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17futurecap View Post
Brooks says no go on the buyout with the knee injury, what a disaster.

http://m.nypost.com/p/sports/rangers...7jXnaAe8XRQAnK
He could just retire. Not expecting it, but that would be the right thing to do if he knows he can't play anymore. Rangers could offer him a job coaching for Hartford or something (obviously not making 5 mil, but they could make it worth his while).

Old
06-17-2011, 05:58 AM
Chimp

The man is cursed. You can't trade him, you can't waive him, you can't even buy him out.

Quote:
... There would be a second buyout period in mid-August if either the Rangers or any of their impending Group II free agents file for salary arbitration, but the Blueshirts have no intention of waiting, for doing so would keep Drury on the cap at the full $7.05 million throughout July and limit the team's options to make roster moves. That would completely defeat the purpose of the buyout...
That leaves alternative C, put him in the stands to eat popcorn for a year. That, or could you hope for the man with a supposedly career-ending injury to actually end his career and not be known as the biggest albatross flypaper in franchise history (which would be an achievement, this is the Rangers after all)?

Quote:
... If his condition is affirmed, insurance will cover $4 million...
Just take the money and end this charade. Pretty please with sugar on top. But noo, watch him force a buyout when it's already too late, with a bunch of fans on this board defending his decision to the death.

Last edited by Chimp: 06-17-2011 at 06:39 AM.
Old
06-17-2011, 06:00 AM
17futurecap

So what are the chances to get him on ltir they put Redden back on the roster just to get to the 69.5 million number Brooks estimates.

Old
06-17-2011, 06:11 AM
Chimp

Quote:
So what are the chances to get him on ltir they put Redden back on the roster just to get to the 69.5 million number Brooks estimates.
Like the article said, there might be a big possibility you can't get rid of him until the official medical checkup at the start of training camp in september.

Ridiculous rule.
Quote:
... Under terms of the CBA, the captain will have to report to training camp in September for the team physical. If Drury fails, as would be expected, he would qualify for a long-term injury (LTI) exemption when the season begins and the roster is set...

Old
06-17-2011, 06:11 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Yeaaaaah, if what Brooks is writing is correct, it's a big time F U to Slats from Drury. If I'm reading it right, he's basically screwing the team's salary cap for this coming year to save himself $1,666,666 (the article isn't exactly clear, but I believe what happens is that the Rangers would be forced to pay the full $5MM and would then be reimbursed $4MM). And while I recognize a million six is a million six, when you bear in mind that the team has already paid him 30-odd million and he's due another $3,333,333 even in the buy-out scenario, this is starting to sound vindictive. Especially given that he would likely have the ability to earn another paycheck next year that would make up some - if not all - of that $1.6MM either as a player or coach. This is not exactly the last stand I expected from the world renowned captain and team player...

I look froward to RB's analysis of the report and the dollars involved to see if I'm misreading anything.

Old
06-17-2011, 06:16 AM
17futurecap

Hey Drury how about you be like Markus Naslund, and throw us a bone and retire.

Old
06-17-2011, 06:18 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
The man is cursed. You can't trade him, you can't waive him, you can't even buy him out.

That leaves alternative C, put him in the stands to eat popcorn for a year. That, or could you hope for the man with a supposedly career-ending injury to actually end his career and not be known as the biggest albatross fly paper in franchise history (which would be an achievement, this is the Rangers after all)?

Just take the money and end this charade. Pretty please with sugar on top. But noo, watch him force a buyout when it's already too late, with a bunch of fans on this board defending his decision to the death.
As I mentioned in my previous lost, I believe the $4MM goes to the Rangers to reimburse them 80% of the full $5MM they would have to pay Drury. I'm sure RB will correct me if I'm wrong.

Either way it's a dick move by Drury.

Old
06-17-2011, 06:30 AM
Chimp

Quote:
Hey Drury how about you be like Markus Naslund, and throw us a bone and retire.
That would require some kind of self respect and own expectations on your level of performance. Chris Drury clearly isn't Markus Näslund. Chris Drury is Chris Drury, he would drive the zamboni as long as his contract hasn't expired and you can't get rid of him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
As I mentioned in my previous lost, I believe the $4MM goes to the Rangers to reimburse them 80% of the full $5MM they would have to pay Drury. I'm sure RB will correct me if I'm wrong.

Ah, yes, I believe you're right. Then retirement is out of the question for Captain Flypaper, even if he would lose a leg.

Oh no, it's Drury and his contract! Ruuun! It's static, dead, you can't get out and it's poisonous. What a deadly combination.

Last edited by Chimp: 06-17-2011 at 06:46 AM.
Old
06-17-2011, 06:50 AM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post

How do you figure? If he retires, he loses his salary. Would YOU retire a year early with millions of dollars on the line? I don't think so.

Furthermore, I doubt Drury is looking at it as a season-ending injury. He probably is thinking that he can come back at some point this year to play.

I realize it's in the Rangers best interests for Drury to (preferably) retire or (2nd choice) to buy out Drury - but from Drury's perspective, this isn't a "dick" move at all. It's the same move nearly each and every one of us would make.

Old
06-17-2011, 07:10 AM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
I realize it's in the Rangers best interests for Drury to (preferably) retire or (2nd choice) to buy out Drury - but from Drury's perspective, this isn't a "dick" move at all. It's the same move nearly each and every one of us would make.
According to the article Drury has to file paperwork concerning the injury. So injured or not he could just accept the buyout. Unless I'm missing something here he's screwing us so he can get an extra 1.67 mil.

Old
06-17-2011, 07:50 AM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

For some strange reason, I'm not that upset. Hopefully this prevents sather from going Haywire on July 1.

Richards might still only sign a 1-year deal like Hossa did.

Still, it's going to be nice to have his entire cap hit wipe clean for the next offseason if he spends the entire 2012 season in the press box.

There's really nobody to blame but Sather for giving him the ridiculous contract and giving in to Drury's NTC/NMC demands.

Old
06-17-2011, 08:55 AM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
According to the article Drury has to file paperwork concerning the injury. So injured or not he could just accept the buyout. Unless I'm missing something here he's screwing us so he can get an extra 1.67 mil.
And you're telling me you'd just cast aside 1.6+ million dollars if you were in that position? BS.

Old
06-17-2011, 08:58 AM
azrok22

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Way of War View Post
For some strange reason, I'm not that upset. Hopefully this prevents sather from going Haywire on July 1.

Richards might still only sign a 1-year deal like Hossa did.

Still, it's going to be nice to have his entire cap hit wipe clean for the next offseason if he spends the entire 2012 season in the press box.

There's really nobody to blame but Sather for giving him the ridiculous contract and giving in to Drury's NTC/NMC demands.
This makes no sense to me. You're happy because Sather won't be able to go "haywire" this offseason, when there's actually a UFA that fits on this roster? Guess what: all that means is that he will have that full $7m next off-season, when there's unlikely to be a player that fits this team's needs anywhere near as well as Richards.

Old
06-17-2011, 09:24 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Let's take the discussion here.

Closed Thread