HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Complete Rebranding, New Logo & Arena Renovations - Part II

Closed Thread

Old
06-16-2011, 08:42 AM
bladoww
Team of the Future

vCash: 500
I'll be one of the few to eat crow. The look has grown on me with the reintroduction of black and the bolts on the pants. But there still needs to be more black. I think the entire uniform system would be much better with black pants if nothing else.

Old
06-16-2011, 09:36 AM
TBLightningFan

Send a message via AIM to TBLightningFan Send a message via MSN to TBLightningFan
I like the new look. I am glad the bolts on the pants came back. Put the stripes back and it is perfect... at least to me. It was the one thing that was unique to us and no one else.

Old
06-16-2011, 10:35 AM
Hammer Slammer

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladoww View Post
I know we're coming up on our 20th anniversary... but I think it'd be cool if we brought back our old jerseys (circa '92) for the 25th.
That'd be killer. I've had one ever since my 10th birthday and I love wearing it.

Old
06-16-2011, 11:03 AM
Lightning15

As posted earlier, the "new look" does NOT appeal to me. We really DO look like the Leafs. Why pick the same color combo as another team. Really???

Put SOME black in there and keep the integrity of the TB original color combo. Black/blue/silver ROCKS!!!

Old
06-16-2011, 12:24 PM
bladoww
Team of the Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning15 View Post
As posted earlier, the "new look" does NOT appeal to me. We really DO look like the Leafs. Why pick the same color combo as another team. Really???

Put SOME black in there and keep the integrity of the TB original color combo. Black/blue/silver ROCKS!!!
That's just it - we do have "some" black, but not enough IMHO. I think we distanced ourselves from the Leafs a good bit with the bolts on the pants, as well as bringing black back into the fold. The stripes are totally different as well.

Everybody and their grandmother is wearing red, white and blue - so really I'm ok with being predominantly blue, but knowing we also have white and black. No other team uses that combo (pending whatever Winnipeg/Manitoba) does in the future.

Old
06-16-2011, 02:31 PM
Lightning15

Ironically I live in Winnipeg. Not sure what they are going to do with that. Some people asked me will I be switching from being a Lightning fan to the new team. HELL NO!!
I was a Lightning fan from day 1 even when the Jets WERE here and always will be.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JFleegs did a great job on his own version of the new jerseys with some black (pg 7). That's more like it!!

Last edited by Lightning15: 06-16-2011 at 02:49 PM.
Old
06-16-2011, 04:28 PM
JFleegs

Quote:
Ironically I live in Winnipeg. Not sure what they are going to do with that. Some people asked me will I be switching from being a Lightning fan to the new team. HELL NO!!
I was a Lightning fan from day 1 even when the Jets WERE here and always will be.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JFleegs did a great job on his own version of the new jerseys with some black (pg 7). That's more like it!!
Thanks, I actually was going to do a new one updated. I think it needs some changes. The weird thing is once I bought the shirt with the new logo its starting to grow on me. Something about seeing it in person makes it a lot better. Ill post a new jersey concept when i get to it...its going to be a longg summer.

Old
06-16-2011, 06:28 PM
FrancoRussianAlaskan
Liter-a-cola

Come to think of it, I wouldn't be surprised if the Adimirals wore the new Lightning sweaters with red and yellow trim on the numbers.

Old
06-16-2011, 08:24 PM
JFleegs

Attachment 45708

Last edited by JFleegs: 02-10-2014 at 04:56 PM.
Old
06-16-2011, 08:41 PM
JFleegs

[attach]Attachment 45710[/attach]Attachment 45711Attachment 45713Attachment 45717

Last edited by JFleegs: 02-10-2014 at 04:56 PM.
Old
06-17-2011, 03:14 AM
Drouin2Stamkos

I like it Jfleegs. Real sharp.

Old
06-17-2011, 07:58 AM
The Wyzerhood
A league of his own

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFleegs View Post
I'm still not a fan of the logo(s). The bolt is not and never will be a stand alone/iconic symbol on its own. When I look at the jerseys now, I think of Gatorade...

I like the work you put into these, but the blacks look like a copy of the San Jose alternates and the blue with the grey stripes behind the logo remind me of the Canadiens. I'm a big fan of the blue with the white shoulders, and the only thing that I would change is making the shoulder patch the primary logo.

Old
06-17-2011, 08:47 AM
JFleegs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High View Post
I'm still not a fan of the logo(s). The bolt is not and never will be a stand alone/iconic symbol on its own. When I look at the jerseys now, I think of Gatorade...

I like the work you put into these, but the blacks look like a copy of the San Jose alternates and the blue with the grey stripes behind the logo remind me of the Canadiens. I'm a big fan of the blue with the white shoulders, and the only thing that I would change is making the shoulder patch the primary logo.
Thanks, yea the more I look at them the more I want to change haha Ill try the secondary on some new ones and see how it turns out. The only reason I shy away from that is the similarities to all those other teams using circle logos. Although I do think that they knocked that secondary logo out of the park. Im going to try to implement the old blue used in the beginning, I always liked it better. With the shoulder yokes I feel like that is part of our history. Let me know any ideas and
I can give it a try.

Old
06-17-2011, 08:55 AM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

Quote:

I disagree. Look at Montreal or Detroit's logo and tell me that those aren't incredibly plain. They became iconic through attrition.

Quote:
Thanks, yea the more I look at them the more I want to change haha Ill try the secondary on some new ones and see how it turns out. The only reason I shy away from that is the similarities to all those other teams using circle logos. Although I do think that they knocked that secondary logo out of the park. Im going to try to implement the old blue used in the beginning, I always liked it better. With the shoulder yokes I feel like that is part of our history. Let me know any ideas and I can give it a try.
I had an idea a while back about having a bolt on the sweater going the reverse direction (from top-left to bottom-right) with 'TAMPA BAY' written on the bolt itself, in a somewhat Rangers-like fashion. Maybe staggering the 'Tampa' and 'Bay' words to fit with the jagged nature of the bolt.

Me no good at photoshop, but no one's given it a shot yet.

Last edited by Felonious Python: 06-17-2011 at 09:00 AM.
Old
06-17-2011, 09:21 AM
The Wyzerhood
A league of his own

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Python View Post
I disagree. Look at Montreal or Detroit's logo and tell me that those aren't incredibly plain. They became iconic through attrition.
If you look at those logos, they aren't simply a bolt. There's a lot of attention to detail in both those symbols that make them iconic. There's no detail in the bolt that we are now going with, just simply looks like a logo that a pick-up team would use and print onto a practic jersey. If the wing was simply white/red throughout the entire symbol, I think their fans would be complaining just as much.

Quote:
Thanks, yea the more I look at them the more I want to change haha Ill try the secondary on some new ones and see how it turns out. The only reason I shy away from that is the similarities to all those other teams using circle logos. Although I do think that they knocked that secondary logo out of the park. Im going to try to implement the old blue used in the beginning, I always liked it better. With the shoulder yokes I feel like that is part of our history. Let me know any ideas and
I can give it a try.
Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. I agree that too many teams are starting to go with the circular logo, but in our case, it's much better than the primary one we are going with.

Old
06-17-2011, 10:15 AM
BoltSonian33

Besides the integration of more black into our first & 2nd jersey and logo i am still rooting for a 3rd jersey all in black.

Old
06-17-2011, 11:07 AM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

Quote:
If you look at those logos, they aren't simply a bolt. There's a lot of attention to detail in both those symbols that make them iconic. There's no detail in the bolt that we are now going with, just simply looks like a logo that a pick-up team would use and print onto a practic jersey. If the wing was simply white/red throughout the entire symbol, I think their fans would be complaining just as much.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. I agree that too many teams are starting to go with the circular logo, but in our case, it's much better than the primary one we are going with.
This part I agree with, as I've said it myself many times. I was missing the tense you meant when you said 'the' bolt. Either it meant the bolt we have in our current logo, or the bolt as in any permutation of a lightning bolt logo that can be created.

Old
06-17-2011, 11:19 AM
Lightning15

Quote:

I like these ones too. No matter how much I look at the ones they may use now I just find them too bland without the black. Oh well, I have no control over it. Whatever will be, will be!!

Old
06-17-2011, 11:46 AM
JFleegs

Attachment 45730Attachment 45731

Last edited by JFleegs: 02-10-2014 at 04:59 PM.
Old
06-17-2011, 12:00 PM
The Wyzerhood
A league of his own

Quote:
That's a pretty good looking jersey right there. The symbol now actually has some depth to it and doesn't look 2-d and printed on. You should put this design forward to management/ownership.

You should e-mail Icethetics with that design so the idea/prototype gets some attention.

Old
06-17-2011, 12:07 PM
JFleegs

Quote:
That's a pretty good looking jersey right there. The symbol now actually has some depth to it and doesn't look 2-d and printed on. You should put this design forward to management/ownership.

You should e-mail Icethetics with that design so the idea/prototype gets some attention.
Thanks man, I appreciate it. Yea I think this is my favorite one yet. That blue is kick ass, got it straight from the old jersey. Haha Ill try I need to find the right emails and Ill defiantly send them in.

Old
06-17-2011, 02:53 PM
Lightning15

Definatley the the one on the right. Not sure if I like the strip across the middle on the one on the left. If you keep this up one of your ideas may end up being the new jersey for 1 of my ice hockey teams.

Old
06-17-2011, 09:00 PM
JFleegs

Quote:
Definatley the the one on the right. Not sure if I like the strip across the middle on the one on the left. If you keep this up one of your ideas may end up being the new jersey for 1 of my ice hockey teams.
Nicce, yea Ill keep these up for ya.

Old
06-18-2011, 05:11 AM
BoltSonian33

Quote:
now the right one is pretty much perfect for me.good job!

Old
06-18-2011, 05:22 PM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer View Post
That'd be killer. I've had one ever since my 10th birthday and I love wearing it.
It still fits?

Closed Thread