HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Chris Pronger = Dale Hunter

Closed Thread

Old
10-17-2003, 08:57 AM
topshelf331

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to topshelf331 Send a message via Yahoo to topshelf331
My lord, i thought this thread was dead 2 days ago. Alot of hoo-haa over a meaningless play.

Old
10-17-2003, 10:12 AM
Irish Blues

vCash: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mothra
actually Turgeon did return in the playoffs....he missed 7 games but the Isle advanced to the CF that season....and he came back to play some
Oops...missed that.

He did play the Montreal series (5 games) - he sat out all of the Pittsburgh series.

10-17-2003, 05:44 PM
David

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Blues
For the record....Hunter took more than a few strides to hit Turgeon from the side as Turgeon had his arms raised above his head - he (Turgeon) was extremely vulnerable and got rammed into the boards awkwardly b/c he was celebrating and on one skate when he was hit, preventing him from trying to keep his balance when he was hit. Kariya had his back to Pronger, had both skates on the ice, got hit in the back and was knocked to the ice. Again.....Turgeon was out the rest of the playoffs, Kariya came out for his next shift like nothing ever happened.

So hate Pronger. Be my guest, hate him until your cheeks turn blue....but don't even try comparing his hit on Kariya to Hunter's hit on Turgeon. There's no comparison.

Since you keep harping on the same thing over and over again, I was gonna let it go but oh well...

I ask you again, did you actually see the Hunter hit on Turgeon (Pierre, not Sylvain) with your own eyes? Hunter did NOT take strides to reach Turgeon.

And the point isn't whether Turgeon was off balance or whether Kariya had his feet planted. The issue here is that just like Hunter, Pronger's hit was late and well after the whistle had gone. They were both out of frustration, executed by bullies who were scored upon.

As I stated before, except for the outcome, there isn't much of a difference between the actions of two defeated men.

Case closed. Quit bringing it back up!

Closed Thread