HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Vokoun Ready To Move On?

Old
06-17-2011, 10:51 AM
gizmo12688

vCash: 500
Vokoun Ready To Move On?

Quote:
"Under certain circumstances I would be willing to go to Florida,'' the translated Vokoun text reads, "but the other possibility is too tempting. So get into the team, which is strong and has a chance to win the Stanley Cup." That "Stanley Cup" team reads like the Avs.
Read more: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/flapa...#ixzz1PXrFNiAr

Can't say I really blame him.

gizmo12688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 11:01 AM
Pantherfan12

While I understand his situation either staying put and hoping for the best on the Panthers, or going to a possible contender....The Avs?? When did they become the 2012 Stanley Cup winner prediction?

Pantherfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 11:08 AM
Acadmus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherfan12 View Post
While I understand his situation either staying put and hoping for the best on the Panthers, or going to a possible contender....The Avs?? When did they become the 2012 Stanley Cup winner prediction?
I think that's the source of George's comment "must be something lost in translation."

06-17-2011, 11:24 AM
Mogo
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 814
So long

Mogo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 11:47 AM
PanthersHockey1
Bond.

I dont know if it makes to much sense but our #3 and vokouns rights for the Avs #2

PanthersHockey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 11:48 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

I've read his interview to the Czech newspapers, so i'll share what i got from it, hope it helps you.
This is what i posted on Avs board about that topic:

He didn't say that Avs are Stanley cup contenders, i understand Czech a little bit. He basically said that he would like to stay in FLA if they want him, or go to PHI, if he get's an offer from PHI if their Bryz negotiation go nowhere. He did say that PHX and Avs are other possibilities he could explore, but i got an impression that FLA, and PHI are his first choice.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 11:51 AM
GernBlanston

I'd like to see him stick around, but since we're not looking for a long-term solution in goal, I'd be just as happy to bring in Hedberg. In which case, I could see Vokoun's rights + #3 to Colorado for #2 - but only if there were indications that Edmonton would not be choosing RNH at #1 and we could grab him.

GernBlanston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 11:54 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by panthersflames1 View Post
I dont know if it makes to much sense but our #3 and vokouns rights for the Avs #2
Sorry but that won't happend, it's not like Vokoun is RFA.

Old
06-17-2011, 12:00 PM
PanthersHockey1
Bond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
and its not like colorado would be the only team interested in vokoun if he hit the ufa market.

PanthersHockey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 12:00 PM
Georgia Panther

The question is, if Tivo walks, how do they get to the Cap Floor? I sure as heck hope it isn't with a maximum contract for 8 years to Brad Richards. Richards is good but nowhere near that good. Given the free agent contracts Tallon gave out in Chicago, it wouldn't surprise me.

Georgia Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 12:05 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by panthersflames1 View Post
and its not like colorado would be the only team interested in vokoun if he hit the ufa market.
Yes i know, but what guarantees that he'll sign with Avs, if he doesn't it will be like we're giving you our 2nd for your 3rd. I doubt that is in Shermans interest if he want's to keep his job. You gotta see this from Avs point of view.

Old
06-17-2011, 12:13 PM
Catsfan7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
What if we add Repik?

Catsfan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 12:22 PM
JP Mick
Two Gallants

It's seems his preference is still to sign an extension with us, so I hope we can sign him to a 2 year deal.
That would be great for the Panthers but he might want a longer term deal.

Last edited by JP Mick: 06-18-2011 at 08:59 AM. Reason: can't spell
JP Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 12:46 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Mick View Post
It's seems his preference is still to sign an extension with us, so I hope we can sign him to a 2 year deal.
That would great for the Panthers but he might want a longer term deal.
That's exactly what it says in the article, as i've pointed out in my post.

Old
06-17-2011, 12:49 PM
RainingRats

Depends on the length of the extension. I don't want him for more than two years.

RainingRats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 01:00 PM
Acadmus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
Depends on the length of the extension. I don't want him for more than two years.
Two years would be about perfect. As I've posted before - 1 year for him to be our starter while we wait out Clemmensen's deal to end, Markstrom spending one more year in the minors, then 1 more year for him to be a backstop while Markstrom finds his legs in the NHL and we groom another one of our prospects in the AHL for the backup job (Plante?).

A better idea would be to accelerate things a little by buying out the last year of Clemmer's deal. Not like the team doesn't have cap room for cleaning house, after all.

Acadmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 01:02 PM
Panteras
perennial loser

yeah I'm ready to move on as well, good luck Vokie but it's time

Panteras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 01:03 PM
BabyJagrov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acadmus View Post
Two years would be about perfect. As I've posted before - 1 year for him to be our starter while we wait out Clemmensen's deal to end, Markstrom spending one more year in the minors, then 1 more year for him to be a backstop while Markstrom finds his legs in the NHL and we groom another one of our prospects in the AHL for the backup job (Plante?).

A better idea would be to accelerate things a little by buying out the last year of Clemmer's deal. Not like the team doesn't have cap room for cleaning house, after all.
Two-year deal is perfect for sure.

But three wouldn't be bad management.

BabyJagrov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 01:36 PM
Dread Clawz
Markstrom Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia Panther View Post
The question is, if Tivo walks, how do they get to the Cap Floor? I sure as heck hope it isn't with a maximum contract for 8 years to Brad Richards. Richards is good but nowhere near that good. Given the free agent contracts Tallon gave out in Chicago, it wouldn't surprise me.
They will get to the cap floor before we know it. 30M is nothing when you still have to fill out a whole team basically. Tallon will be able to overpay slightly for a few B class free agents and by the time he's done we'll be trying to see how we can fit some more guys into our budget, not worrying about how we are going to reach the floor. Vokie won't get 6M again anyway.

Dread Clawz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 02:32 PM
harv3317

i'd give vokuon a 1-2 year contract at no more than $3mill, but in reality i'd love to trade his rights before the draft and move on!! !!

harv3317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 02:42 PM
ShootIt

2yr, 10 million I could live with. No more on length or cap hit though

ShootIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 02:46 PM
Bure1096

Send a message via AIM to Bure1096
For the future of this team, Vokoun needs to come back.

We have no one in the system who is ready and Clemmensen hasn't proven himself to be able to handle the no. 1 position. Yes he played well in NJ, but, his numbers were because of the system he played in.

Markstrom is still a year, year 1/2 away from even playing in the bigs, let alone taking the no. 1 spot.

I have been a big fan of the Vokoun trade and his play here. Yes he has given up some softies (as everyone does; see Fleury, Price, Luongo, etc.). But when he is on his game, he is top 3 in the league. The main reason why we have won games the past few seasons is because of him. Had he more support upfront and a better defensive core he would have more wins and would most likely carried us in the play-offs.

Now I may start a ruckus here but watching these two goalies play as Panthers, Vokoun is the best goaltender this franchise has had. Vokoun > Vanbiesbrouck.

I hope Tallon signs Vokoun to a 2 year - 4.5 deal with incentives. Option for a 3rd year.

Bure1096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 04:11 PM
panthersfan751

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bure1096 View Post
For the future of this team, Vokoun needs to come back.

We have no one in the system who is ready and Clemmensen hasn't proven himself to be able to handle the no. 1 position. Yes he played well in NJ, but, his numbers were because of the system he played in.

Markstrom is still a year, year 1/2 away from even playing in the bigs, let alone taking the no. 1 spot.

I have been a big fan of the Vokoun trade and his play here. Yes he has given up some softies (as everyone does; see Fleury, Price, Luongo, etc.). But when he is on his game, he is top 3 in the league. The main reason why we have won games the past few seasons is because of him. Had he more support upfront and a better defensive core he would have more wins and would most likely carried us in the play-offs.

Now I may start a ruckus here but watching these two goalies play as Panthers, Vokoun is the best goaltender this franchise has had. Vokoun > Vanbiesbrouck.

I hope Tallon signs Vokoun to a 2 year - 4.5 deal with incentives. Option for a 3rd year.
Vanbiesbrouck led the 1996 team to the Stanley Cup Finals so Vokoun would have to do something similar to eclipse Beezer as the best Panthers goalie. IMO a handful of good regular season performances by Vokoun doesn't make him the better goalie.

panthersfan751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 04:49 PM
Rpbpantherfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by panthersfan751 View Post
Vanbiesbrouck led the 1996 team to the Stanley Cup Finals so Vokoun would have to do something similar to eclipse Beezer as the best Panthers goalie. IMO a handful of good regular season performances by Vokoun doesn't make him the better goalie.
Agreed

Rpbpantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 05:29 PM
BabyJagrov

Quote:
Originally Posted by panthersfan751 View Post
Agree. Watched the 96 ECF today, and man was it exciting seeing a stand-up goalie like Vanbiesbrouck !

I understood today how young I was when that happened, because I didn't remember how exciting a style of goaltending Beezer played.

Vokoun is a good hybrid goalie though, and one of the last to play some kind of stand-up game today ! He is also one of the best Panthers goalie of all-time and should deserved an extension.

Bring him back, he is a great teammate and a character-guy... Never heard a bad thing about Tomas and he was paid to be our best player year-in year-out, and he was just that !

With Bryzgalov signing in Philly, we can't lose Vokoun... Even if he isn't top-10 anymore like some claim around here (which is a blind-statement IMO), the guy is still the best player available at his position this year.

He could be our best FA signing this year ! And will be one of the best FA signings if he goes to July 1st !

BabyJagrov is offline   Reply With Quote