HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Value of Taylor Beck to the LA Kings

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-17-2011, 12:28 PM
  #1
LAKings4ever
Registered User
 
LAKings4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: SoCal
Country: United States
Posts: 405
vCash: 500
Value of Taylor Beck to the LA Kings

We are having a discussion on our boards about roster speculation for the upcoming season...what do you know, everyone wants a prime time LW or C. I was curious about LW prospects from other teams and Taylor Beck was mentioned as a type of person/player that would fit well with what we are looking for - curious about what it would take to get him in a trade?

LAKings4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 12:31 PM
  #2
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Country: Italy
Posts: 23,273
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAKings4ever View Post
We are having a discussion on our boards about roster speculation for the upcoming season...what do you know, everyone wants a prime time LW or C. I was curious about LW prospects from other teams and Taylor Beck was mentioned as a type of person/player that would fit well with what we are looking for - curious about what it would take to get him in a trade?
considering that Sullivan, Dumont & maybe Lombardi (maybe on Lombardi) won't be back I seriously doubt we trade any of our forward prospects this summer

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 01:17 PM
  #3
JamboPred
Registered User
 
JamboPred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Scotland
Country: Scotland
Posts: 111
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
considering that Sullivan, Dumont & maybe Lombardi (maybe on Lombardi) won't be back I seriously doubt we trade any of our forward prospects this summer
Yes, and trading our top forward prospect would be very stupid indeed.

JamboPred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 01:57 PM
  #4
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,116
vCash: 500
not available. as mentioned, he's probably our top forward prospect at this point.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 02:00 PM
  #5
I Will Son
An Army of One
 
I Will Son's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 7,966
vCash: 500
For our top forward prospect? overpayment

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 02:37 PM
  #6
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor
 
ThirdManIn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 43,726
vCash: 500
We will take Kopitar for Beck+

ThirdManIn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 06:01 PM
  #7
LAKings4ever
Registered User
 
LAKings4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: SoCal
Country: United States
Posts: 405
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
For our top forward prospect? overpayment
Since we would be coming to you, an overpayment would be necesary - Beck is rated #37 prospect by HF

Andrei Loktionov (C rated #43 by HF) or Taylor Toffoli (rated #47 by HF) + Scott Parse (LW)

Loktionov is a very talented prospect, but appears to be fragile at this point so a chance would be taken by accepting him. Tofolli is still will be going back to juniors next season so he would not be immediate help. Parse has talent, but likely more of a depth forward.

It looks like you guys are in good shape with defense and goaltending prospects so didn't bother to offer any of those up...like most I am not good with proposals, just interested in what it would take.

LAKings4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 06:03 PM
  #8
LAKings4ever
Registered User
 
LAKings4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: SoCal
Country: United States
Posts: 405
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
We will take Kopitar for Beck+
Man, I am sure you would but since he is the best forward we have we will need to keep him around a while.

LAKings4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 11:44 PM
  #9
predfan24
Registered User
 
predfan24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 3,115
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAKings4ever View Post
Since we would be coming to you, an overpayment would be necesary - Beck is rated #37 prospect by HF

Andrei Loktionov (C rated #43 by HF) or Taylor Toffoli (rated #47 by HF) + Scott Parse (LW)

Loktionov is a very talented prospect, but appears to be fragile at this point so a chance would be taken by accepting him. Tofolli is still will be going back to juniors next season so he would not be immediate help. Parse has talent, but likely more of a depth forward.

It looks like you guys are in good shape with defense and goaltending prospects so didn't bother to offer any of those up...like most I am not good with proposals, just interested in what it would take.

I like Loktionov and I would consider him in a straight up deal for Beck but as you said his durability scares me off. I don't really think Beck is available. If you don't consider Wilson a prospect anymore he is probably our best forward prospect and a winger to boot where our depth just isn't that great. Beck isn't a can't miss prospect but he has the potential to be a top six power forward with skills and the club could really use that. He's not going to bring back anything significant in trade so he will likely be kept until he fulfills his development.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 10:58 AM
  #10
LAKings4ever
Registered User
 
LAKings4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: SoCal
Country: United States
Posts: 405
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
I like Loktionov and I would consider him in a straight up deal for Beck but as you said his durability scares me off. I don't really think Beck is available. If you don't consider Wilson a prospect anymore he is probably our best forward prospect and a winger to boot where our depth just isn't that great. Beck isn't a can't miss prospect but he has the potential to be a top six power forward with skills and the club could really use that. He's not going to bring back anything significant in trade so he will likely be kept until he fulfills his development.
Appreciate the feedback, sounds like Loktionov is farther along in his development at this time than Beck. Loktionov needs to work his butt off in the gym over the offseason to get some additional muscle so he can handle the grind of a full NHL season, he already has the skills to play in the NHL.

In reading about Beck, it mentions he needs to work on his skating - how is that coming along?

LAKings4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 02:27 PM
  #11
glenngineer
Registered User
 
glenngineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 3,942
vCash: 500
Beck has been compared to Doan so you have to figure his value somewhat based on that. Not sure what that's worth but I don't think he's going anywhere. He was hard to send back to the juniors from what I read and from what I saw at prospect camp last year, he stood out amongst our youth.

glenngineer is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:17 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.