HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Howard Eskin of 610 WIP: Front Office Open to Trading Richards or Carter

Closed Thread

Old
06-17-2011, 02:49 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
It all depends on how you go about doing it.
Maybe but it can be highly subjective....

Old
06-17-2011, 03:09 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quellet The Dogs Out View Post
Good to read that I am still a part of the crew!

I don't often come back to post but I definitely still check out the message board every now and then to see what you guys think. In all honesty, my job is to serve you guys - the fans and the readers - in the best way possible, so if there is something that I'm not doing that you guys would rather see, I am all ears.

As Superman said, I started posting here in 2002 and I played the game at almost every level in the Philly area before going to college. Grabbing the Flyers beat at the Daily News really was a dream come true.

As far as the actual topic of the thread, I'd be really surprised if the Flyers decided to part with either Richards or Carter. I think Carter would be the first to go out of the two. The only way it would make sense, for me, is if you're going to get a top pick (read: 10th overall or better) and a player that you can plug into the lineup now. I don't think the term on his deal would scare anyone away, it's a pretty reasonable cap number for a player who has been durable (in the regular season), is just reaching his prime, and has averaged 38 goals over the last 3 seasons.

At some point, the Flyers are going to need to start re-stocking the farm, because it's already as barren as can be and the window on a few of the pieces in this lineup is already closing. It should become a priority sooner or later.

Good to be back and post.

Frank Seravalli
Frank,
Keep up the good work. It is nice to have someone who knows and enjoys hockey actually write about it here in town.

Old
06-17-2011, 03:18 PM
Terence Peterman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
Maybe but it can be highly subjective....
Or polluting every thread. But, yeah, I see your point.

Old
06-17-2011, 03:42 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:

Frank Seravalli
Nice to see you around these parts QTDO!

Old
06-17-2011, 03:49 PM
JABEE

howardeskin Howard Eskin
Sources tell me Flyers close to signing their new goaltender Bryzgalov. Not yet but they feel it will get done. Flyers need to make trade

http://twitter.com/#!/howardeskin

Old
06-17-2011, 04:00 PM
Ghost of Downie*

Quote:

I don't often come back to post but I definitely still check out the message board every now and then to see what you guys think. In all honesty, my job is to serve you guys - the fans and the readers - in the best way possible, so if there is something that I'm not doing that you guys would rather see, I am all ears.

As Superman said, I started posting here in 2002 and I played the game at almost every level in the Philly area before going to college. Grabbing the Flyers beat at the Daily News really was a dream come true.

As far as the actual topic of the thread, I'd be really surprised if the Flyers decided to part with either Richards or Carter. I think Carter would be the first to go out of the two. The only way it would make sense, for me, is if you're going to get a top pick (read: 10th overall or better) and a player that you can plug into the lineup now. I don't think the term on his deal would scare anyone away, it's a pretty reasonable cap number for a player who has been durable (in the regular season), is just reaching his prime, and has averaged 38 goals over the last 3 seasons.

At some point, the Flyers are going to need to start re-stocking the farm, because it's already as barren as can be and the window on a few of the pieces in this lineup is already closing. It should become a priority sooner or later.

Frank Seravalli
Good to have you back, Frank! One of the few writers in this city that I can read.

Quote:
I'm surprised Frank has shown his "face" on this board considering all the Philly media hate...

Nonetheless, it's good to see but a warning about any Carter and Richards talk.....BEWARE! Anything contrarian and you will be banned!
It's not talking about trading Carter and Richards that will get you banned. It's sidetracking every thread, including posting libelous material, that will get you banned.

And being an *******, that helps bring the ban hammer down. Otherwise the Gestapo would've banned you already!

Old
06-17-2011, 04:03 PM
Miss Mess

Quote:
Originally Posted by JABEE View Post
howardeskin Howard Eskin
Sources tell me Flyers close to signing their new goaltender Bryzgalov. Not yet but they feel it will get done. Flyers need to make trade

http://twitter.com/#!/howardeskin
I hope Carle goes... or Leino

Old
06-17-2011, 04:05 PM
DUHockey9

Did someone get banned and I'm not aware?

Old
06-17-2011, 04:07 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
Welcome back Frank! Definitely enjoy reading your articles regarding the Flyers.

Question: Are you hearing anything about Carter and Richards being seriously detrimental in the locker room? I think that would be the only reason either would be on the chopping block.
Cap space too.

Old
06-17-2011, 04:07 PM
Ghost of Downie*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUHockey9 View Post
A particular "phan" of a particular center that is always rumored to be traded.

Old
06-17-2011, 04:08 PM
Protest
C`est La Vie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUHockey9 View Post
You didn't notice the distinct lack of Carter is a ***** who can't play when it matters and Richards is a fat, lazy drunken man *****?

Old
06-17-2011, 05:10 PM
mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldberg The Goalie View Post
I've been banned from WIP since college, I used to call and ask where Eskin got his red roses from.
A couple of my buddies were in high school at St. Joe's back in '01, and they used to prank him mercilessly. One called up in on 9/11 and said, "You know, Howard, you're right. This ISN'T that big a deal. You win some, you lose some, and you move on. . ." And he had to spend several minutes denying he ever said anything of the sort.

Old
06-17-2011, 05:32 PM
infidelappel*

Quote:
I'm surprised Frank has shown his "face" on this board considering all the Philly media hate...

Nonetheless, it's good to see but a warning about any Carter and Richards talk.....BEWARE! Anything contrarian and you will be banned!
Let's be fair here...Cartsiephan didn't get banned for bashing Carter.

He got banned because he trolled every single thread with anti-Richards and Carter sentiment, whether it was relevant or not, and with complete intellectual dishonesty and an apparent willingness to ignore things like facts or fairness.

I'm not a fan of Carter at all, and have been fully willing to trade him since 08 (for a good package, not just for the sake of trading him), but even I recognize that Cartsiephan was just a tool.

Old
06-17-2011, 07:02 PM
Jules801
Just Some Broad

Quote:
Good to see that you pop in, even if it's just to read our inane stuff. It does keep you in touch with the fan-base...good and bad..haha.

Keep up the good work!

Old
06-17-2011, 08:40 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by infidelappel View Post
Let's be fair here...Cartsiephan didn't get banned for bashing Carter.

He got banned because he trolled every single thread with anti-Richards and Carter sentiment, whether it was relevant or not, and with complete intellectual dishonesty and an apparent willingness to ignore things like facts or fairness.

I'm not a fan of Carter at all, and have been fully willing to trade him since 08 (for a good package, not just for the sake of trading him), but even I recognize that Cartsiephan was just a tool.
Meh...I'm not just referring to Cartsiephan who was obviously banned..just to the overall sensitivity regarding any Carter or Richards critique. It's like walking on egg shells... lots of people have knee jerk baseless rebuttals like "hater." Like I've said it's like people who cry "conspiracy"...all manner of thought has to cease when that word is trotted out there no matter the reasoning.

Old
06-17-2011, 09:02 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Meh...I'm not just referring to Cartsiephan who was obviously banned..just to the overall sensitivity regarding any Carter or Richards critique. It's like walking on egg shells... lots of people have knee jerk baseless rebuttals like "hater." Like I've said it's like people who cry "conspiracy"...all manner of thought has to cease when that word is trotted out there no matter the reasoning.
Actually, before Cartsie came in and took over this board we were perfectly capable of criticizing Carter. But between his ******** and people blaming Carter for being injured and playing in the playoffs people started defending him. We didn't discuss him ad nauseum before that.

Old
06-17-2011, 09:17 PM
Clown Baby

Quote:

Frank Seravalli
I can't get on board with trading Carter, or RichardsThey're contributing players that have been through the organization from day one. They've gone through the lows that some players need to go through in order to succeed, while being paid an honest dollar to do so.

If this team doesn't win the Stanley Cup, it's Holmgren's responsibility to help re-tool the team as efficiently as possible, which includes not dumping draft picks for other teams' castaways, or overpaying our own RFAs to avoid arbitration. It includes not losing players to waivers, and/or years of RFA eligibility to confusion over the CBA. In that respect, he has to improve himself, if the team is to have any long-term success.

Now, it's my personal opinion, this team has a solid enough foundation to build upon in Richards, Carter, Giroux, JVR, Hartnell, Coburn, Carle, Powe, Bartulis, and Carcillo. By the time Briere, Timonen, Laperriere, and Betts retire, and Pronger slows, the team will have had a rough season or two; and that's alright. Holmgren should have some picks at his disposal, maybe a player or two, at which point that down year will help him re-establish some depth to aid the younger core of players we'll soon rely on as veterans.

Old
06-17-2011, 10:53 PM
Coppy

Quote:

Frank Seravalli
Awesome seeing you post

Old
06-18-2011, 02:26 AM
Ghost of Downie*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
Actually, before Cartsie came in and took over this board we were perfectly capable of criticizing Carter. But between his ******** and people blaming Carter for being injured and playing in the playoffs people started defending him. We didn't discuss him ad nauseum before that.
Yeah, I think that Cartsiephan's ******** actually made a few people Carter fans, due to trying to prove him wrong.

There's a reason people here react to Carter trades negatively. It's because, normally, the 35-goal scorer who is also great defensively is not the guy you want to trade for cap space.

Old
06-18-2011, 10:58 AM
RJ8812
Hellooooo ladiiiies

Carter is a lazy POS, and Cartiephan isnt going to change my opinion about him

if there's any player I want gone on this team before anyone else, it's Carter without question

Old
06-20-2011, 07:08 AM
JVR21
G

vCash: 50
I saw on twitter that Eskin reported the Flyers are telling teams interested in Carle that they must take Versteeg with him.

Old
06-20-2011, 07:34 AM
dookie88

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVR21 View Post
I saw on twitter that Eskin reported the Flyers are telling teams interested in Carle that they must take Versteeg with him.
If that's true be prepared for a rather surprising and probably significant UFA signing.

We don't need to trade both.

Old
06-20-2011, 08:18 AM
Jtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by dookie88 View Post
If that's true be prepared for a rather surprising and probably significant UFA signing.

Or Bryzgalov wants more than what is being reported

Old
06-20-2011, 08:32 AM
DUHockey9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dookie88 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
Or Bryzgalov wants more than what is being reported
Or they are determined to keep Leino.

BTW, 4.6 million cap increase is VERY good for us.

Old
06-20-2011, 08:40 AM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
Carter is a lazy POS, and Cartiephan isnt going to change my opinion about him

if there's any player I want gone on this team before anyone else, it's Carter without question
I guess the NHL is a pretty easy league to play in, then.

Closed Thread