HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Vokoun Ready To Move On?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-17-2011, 05:01 PM
  #26
Mogo
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
 
Mogo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Finland
Posts: 10,196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bure1096 View Post
For the future of this team, Vokoun needs to come back.

We have no one in the system who is ready and Clemmensen hasn't proven himself to be able to handle the no. 1 position. Yes he played well in NJ, but, his numbers were because of the system he played in.

Markstrom is still a year, year 1/2 away from even playing in the bigs, let alone taking the no. 1 spot.

I have been a big fan of the Vokoun trade and his play here. Yes he has given up some softies (as everyone does; see Fleury, Price, Luongo, etc.). But when he is on his game, he is top 3 in the league. The main reason why we have won games the past few seasons is because of him. Had he more support upfront and a better defensive core he would have more wins and would most likely carried us in the play-offs.

Now I may start a ruckus here but watching these two goalies play as Panthers, Vokoun is the best goaltender this franchise has had. Vokoun > Vanbiesbrouck.

I hope Tallon signs Vokoun to a 2 year - 4.5 deal with incentives. Option for a 3rd year.
#1 overall?

Mogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 05:18 PM
  #27
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie
 
Beezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Orlando, Florida
Country: Brazil
Posts: 6,466
vCash: 500
Thanks for the compliments guys! And your right I am the better goalie!!! TiVo ain't got nothing on me.

I still remember that last game of the '96 finals where I stood on my head and although we lost it took a screened shot through traffic in triple OT to beat us 1-0!

Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 06:56 PM
  #28
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian
 
Ghoste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,125
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogo View Post
So long
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panteras View Post
yeah I'm ready to move on as well, good luck Vokie but it's time
I'm with these guys. It's probably time for him to move on. Although I think he's a good goaltender, I'm not a huge fan. He'd always seem to fall into slumps where we needed to rely on our backup to get us out of it. I've always wished that we kept Andy over T-Vo.

-ghoste

Ghoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 07:17 PM
  #29
FinlandPanther
Registered User
 
FinlandPanther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dania Florida
Country: Finland
Posts: 3,306
vCash: 500
vokoun is the one factor from showing tallon truly where this team stands. personally i think without him next year we are drafting top 5 again and since it will be a clear #1 like yakupov we wont get him but 2012 looks NASTY.

FinlandPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 09:59 PM
  #30
Bure1096
Registered User
 
Bure1096's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Chicago
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 1,491
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bure1096
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogo View Post
#1 overall?
Vokoun > Beezer > Luongo > Anderson > Kidd

Bure1096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 05:12 AM
  #31
KuliTank7
Registered User
 
KuliTank7's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: South Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 350
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinlandPanther View Post
vokoun is the one factor from showing tallon truly where this team stands. personally i think without him next year we are drafting top 5 again and since it will be a clear #1 like yakupov we wont get him but 2012 looks NASTY.
Why we wont get Yakupov?
Without Vokoun we will win max. 20 games and finish at spot nr. 30.

KuliTank7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 07:36 AM
  #32
FinlandPanther
Registered User
 
FinlandPanther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dania Florida
Country: Finland
Posts: 3,306
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KuliTank7 View Post
Why we wont get Yakupov?
Without Vokoun we will win max. 20 games and finish at spot nr. 30.
because its us and someone else will win the lottery.... yakupov is the real deal.

FinlandPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 09:35 AM
  #33
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth
 
adam graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: south florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,086
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinlandPanther View Post
because its us and someone else will win the lottery.... yakupov is the real deal.
This is not a fantasy league, this is a business that needs to succeed and needs to succeed NOW unless you want to follow the team in quebec one day.

As Tallon said, enough with the drafts, he hopes we draft 25th -30th next year and finally have something to look forward to in April, not the end of June.

Vokoun for the right price serves a dual purpose in that role...he can compete as well as any nhl goalie, and his character allows Markstrom a good mentor.

Get it done DT.

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 09:55 AM
  #34
FinlandPanther
Registered User
 
FinlandPanther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dania Florida
Country: Finland
Posts: 3,306
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
This is not a fantasy league, this is a business that needs to succeed and needs to succeed NOW unless you want to follow the team in quebec one day.

As Tallon said, enough with the drafts, he hopes we draft 25th -30th next year and finally have something to look forward to in April, not the end of June.

Vokoun for the right price serves a dual purpose in that role...he can compete as well as any nhl goalie, and his character allows Markstrom a good mentor.

Get it done DT.
Of course this team needs to succeed now, but with THIS roster thats not possible and without vokoun, even more so. Yakupov would be the PERFECT final piece to our rebuild. He provides electrifying skill and will give us the scoring element we have needed for a LONG time. We will not be drafting 25-30, we would be destroyed in the 1st round if by some miracle we made it there.

FinlandPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 10:02 AM
  #35
jkscott
Florida Panther STH
 
jkscott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: South Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 873
vCash: 500
You guys should talk to my season ticket rep. He is convinced we are going to the playoffs.

jkscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 10:04 AM
  #36
FinlandPanther
Registered User
 
FinlandPanther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dania Florida
Country: Finland
Posts: 3,306
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkscott View Post
You guys should talk to my season ticket rep. He is convinced we are going to the playoffs.
So was mine last year and i specifically told him we were going to be a lottery team. look what happened i should be a ticket rep, but i wouldnt sell any tickets for being brutally honest.

FinlandPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 10:19 AM
  #37
Dread Clawz
fmrly MarkstromRules
 
Dread Clawz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 16,192
vCash: 500
It's a little early yet, let's wait until the roster is filled out before we make any predictions.

Dread Clawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 12:20 PM
  #38
I May Be Wrong
I May Be The Stig
 
I May Be Wrong's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,528
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to I May Be Wrong
If Vokoun doesn't sign with us, I will be very interested to see how Tallon reaches the floor.

I May Be Wrong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 12:37 PM
  #39
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth
 
adam graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: south florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,086
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinlandPanther View Post
Of course this team needs to succeed now, but with THIS roster thats not possible and without vokoun, even more so. Yakupov would be the PERFECT final piece to our rebuild. He provides electrifying skill and will give us the scoring element we have needed for a LONG time. We will not be drafting 25-30, we would be destroyed in the 1st round if by some miracle we made it there.
You have to agree, right now, we have no idea what our 11-12 roster is.

And pls lord let us get into the playoffs, and get "destroyed", as you speculate, in the first round.
Then:
We'd finally get this loser monkey off our back.
We'd attract better ufas
We'd attract new fans during the run
We'd make millions in revenue from ticket sales for the following years use.

Of course, im sure the recent runs of edmonton and philly from 8th place may argue with you...never speculate once your in you "will be destroyed".

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 12:44 PM
  #40
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR
 
CHGoalie27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SoFLA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,618
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by panthersfan751 View Post
Vanbiesbrouck led the 1996 team to the Stanley Cup Finals so Vokoun would have to do something similar to eclipse Beezer as the best Panthers goalie. IMO a handful of good regular season performances by Vokoun doesn't make him the better goalie.
No ****! Beezer could easily remain best Panthers goalie ever. Did anyone happen to watch the handful of games he played in NJ? Absolutely brilliant.

I'd be willing to keep him though.

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 12:49 PM
  #41
Pantherbelle
Registered User
 
Pantherbelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Norcross, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 115
vCash: 500
So how would you cats feel about a 1 yr agreement with Moose (Hedberg)? He is a great teacher as well as can be a regular starter. It would serve as a great stop gap for the prospect goalie to get his skills sharpen for the NHL rigors. Still trying to figure out who's on first so to speak as a new fan.

Look at the job he did in NJ while Brodeur was out.

Pantherbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 01:03 PM
  #42
Dread Clawz
fmrly MarkstromRules
 
Dread Clawz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 16,192
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrasherbelle View Post
So how would you cats feel about a 1 yr agreement with Moose (Hedberg)? He is a great teacher as well as can be a regular starter. It would serve as a great stop gap for the prospect goalie to get his skills sharpen for the NHL rigors. Still trying to figure out who's on first so to speak as a new fan.

Look at the job he did in NJ while Brodeur was out.
Hedberg did well when Brodeur was injured/playing badly, but that's what you want from your backup. Moose isn't a starter anymore, he's a backup IMO.

If you're asking who the top goalie prospect in the system is, it's Jacob Markstrom, who was the starter for most of the year in Rochester last season. Then next down the line would be Tyler Plante who was his backup and Sam Brittain, who was dominant in the NCAA as a freshman. Tallon has said Markstrom needs another 1/2 year in the AHL before he's ready, and that was before he had a major knee injury and surgery. So he'll spend next season in the AHL.

Dread Clawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 01:49 PM
  #43
Pantherbelle
Registered User
 
Pantherbelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Norcross, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 115
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
Hedberg did well when Brodeur was injured/playing badly, but that's what you want from your backup. Moose isn't a starter anymore, he's a backup IMO.

If you're asking who the top goalie prospect in the system is, it's Jacob Markstrom, who was the starter for most of the year in Rochester last season. Then next down the line would be Tyler Plante who was his backup and Sam Brittain, who was dominant in the NCAA as a freshman. Tallon has said Markstrom needs another 1/2 year in the AHL before he's ready, and that was before he had a major knee injury and surgery. So he'll spend next season in the AHL.
I was thinking a tandem with Clemmenson. He can really help Clemmenson and then when the hot shot comes up then Clemmenson has the goods to help the new kid.

So is it totally possible we will be on a goalie search?

Pantherbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 01:57 PM
  #44
Dread Clawz
fmrly MarkstromRules
 
Dread Clawz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 16,192
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrasherbelle View Post
I was thinking a tandem with Clemmenson. He can really help Clemmenson and then when the hot shot comes up then Clemmenson has the goods to help the new kid.

So is it totally possible we will be on a goalie search?
I really don't think that tandem is strong enough. Clemmer only has 1 year left anyway.

From what the article says, the Panthers are still Vokoun's first choice, except if Philly comes calling. But reportedly they have reached an agreement with Bryzgalov, so I don't think there's any cause for concern yet. I still think Vokoun will be re-signed.

Dread Clawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 03:18 PM
  #45
Pantherbelle
Registered User
 
Pantherbelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Norcross, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 115
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
I really don't think that tandem is strong enough. Clemmer only has 1 year left anyway.

From what the article says, the Panthers are still Vokoun's first choice, except if Philly comes calling. But reportedly they have reached an agreement with Bryzgalov, so I don't think there's any cause for concern yet. I still think Vokoun will be re-signed.
I thought that might be an issue. Not being familiar enough with the Panther I wondered if Clemmer was strong enough for a tandem. I know Moose is. He is in fabu shape and has a work ethic like nobody I have ever seen. Last year Moose was here in ATL I watched him n full gear out do some of the forwards and defense men. It was amazing...

Pantherbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 03:54 PM
  #46
RainingRats
Registered User
 
RainingRats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 10,214
vCash: 500
July 2 is the earliest we can possibly make decent predictions. We have a lot of roster spots to fill.

RainingRats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 04:07 PM
  #47
Boooooth10
Registered User
 
Boooooth10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 6,417
vCash: 500
Pierre Lubrun thinks Vokoun will hit the open market.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/i...it-open-market

Boooooth10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 04:09 PM
  #48
RainingRats
Registered User
 
RainingRats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 10,214
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boooooth10 View Post
Pierre Lubrun thinks Vokoun will hit the open market.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/i...it-open-market
Could be posturing. He doesn't have a lot of options. We don't either but we have some. He has us and Colorado.

RainingRats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 06:57 PM
  #49
PanthersHockey1
Bond.
 
PanthersHockey1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: UF & Boca Raton
Country: United States
Posts: 5,601
vCash: 500
Panthers are absolutley screwed if they dont resign vokoun before july 1. The one thing the panthers never had to really worry about was goaltending and now is not the time to mess with it when all other poistions are lacking.

If the panthers lose vokoun theyre should be absolutley no excuse for not going after brad richards with the amount of money we would have regardless of other signings.

I said a couple months ago i would like the panthers to take a shot at josh harding i like what ive seen from him in minnesota.

PanthersHockey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 08:53 PM
  #50
Steve Passless*
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 534
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
This is not a fantasy league, this is a business that needs to succeed and needs to succeed NOW unless you want to follow the team in quebec one day.
I thought everyone agreed that the Panthers were actually a Highly Successful Business and are in no relocation danger whatsoever.

Steve Passless* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:21 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.