Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Central Europe Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Hungary, Italy

Igor Nemeček elected as new SZĽH president

Old
06-10-2011, 07:23 AM
slovakiasnextone

vCash: 500
Igor Nemeček elected as new SZĽH president

No surprises happened at the SZĽH congress today as former general secretary Igor Nemeček has been elected as the new president for the next 5 years. His executive committee: Juraj Bakoš, Vlastimil Chvojka, Juraj Kovaľ, Dárius Rusnák, Maroš Krajší, Jozef Rusnák and Róbert Švehla.

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 09:40 AM
zorz

And Otto Sykora becomes new general secretary: http://www.hokej.cz/index.php?lng=CZ...lanek&id=52872

zorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 09:41 AM
Indian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakiasnextone View Post
Maroš Krajší
He is now prettier? :>

I guess only time will tell how will things turn out, but I'm pleased to see Svehla and Bakos there.

Indian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 09:45 AM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian View Post
He is now prettier? :>

I guess only time will tell how will things turn out, but I'm pleased to see Svehla and Bakos there.
Haha, just a typo, but funny that it would cause such a change...

Interesting news about Sýkora, zorz....

New NT coach won´t be known until August, but he will be either Slovak or Czech....

Old
06-10-2011, 05:48 PM
Harv
R.I.P. Pavol.

Quote:

New NT coach won´t be known until August, but he will be either Slovak or Czech....
Was there a problem with Hanlon since he didn't speak Slovak? I know he was taking lessons, but I assume most all the players can atleast understand English.

Or was it a ''Why are we listening to this Canadian guy on a Slovak National team?'' kind of attitude with the players..

Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 02:27 PM
Swipes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harv View Post
Was there a problem with Hanlon since he didn't speak Slovak? I know he was taking lessons, but I assume most all the players can atleast understand English.

Or was it a ''Why are we listening to this Canadian guy on a Slovak National team?'' kind of attitude with the players..
The latter I think. Here's what Zednik thinks: http://hokej.idnes.cz/zednik-je-pora...prezentace_cig

Swipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 03:01 PM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swipes View Post
The latter I think. Here's what Zednik thinks: http://hokej.idnes.cz/zednik-je-pora...prezentace_cig
I can´t believe this freaking guy- Mr. Zednik, he should be the last one to be opening his mouth in this matter. So he´s pissed at Hanlon? He has no right to be, the only person who he should pissed at is Richard Zedník himself for: 1. behaving like a baby, 2. comming back and 3. for majorly sucking on the ice in the end. And I´m not trying to defend Hanlon with this at all. I wish Zedník would finally shut up about it, because he is creating only more shame for himself. He never got a chance to play asides from Slovenia game? Really? Even if it was true, might have to do with the fact that the only thing he ever did on the ice was collecting minus points despite limited ice-time. I really can´t believe this guy.

Anyways, English wasn´t the problem, it was an experiment gone wrong, but it´s pathetic to claim that it failed because "Hanlon doesn´t understand our hockey", all the players that played at the IHWC have played under numerous coaches of numerous nationalities/ethnicities/whatever over the years including dozens of Canadians, so unless our players are complete morons, they should be able to work under a Canadian even in the national team. As I said Hanlon was an experiment, which failed, but did it fail because Hanlon is a Canadian or did it fail because he is a very deffense minded coach who loves to play trap, which is the part that doesn´t fit in with Slovak hockey according to most. However this was no secret about Hanlon when SZĽH hired him- he has applied it before whether in Belarus or SM-liiga or elsewhere.

But maybe Zedník is right about Hanlon not udnerstanding Slovak hockey, I personally don´t understand many things in it either- like for example how is it possible for a certain player on the national team to have bigger say in the matters than the coach does and I´ve actually seen a lot of weird things in this country, so it´s not surprising that an outsider like Hanlon would not understand it.

Old
06-11-2011, 03:43 PM
zorz

First of all I don't understand why he took Zednik back. He should have kicked him out together with everybody else who had some problem with that.

Old
06-11-2011, 04:06 PM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post
First of all I don't understand why he took Zednik back. He should have kicked him out together with everybody else who had some problem with that.
I don´t think he had a choice in this. He´d have to have a lot of guts to kick Demitra out, but it was not just Demitra, who called Zedník back, but also Široký, who kind of was Hanlon´s boss at that time, so....

Old
06-11-2011, 04:15 PM
zorz

Quote:
I don´t think he had a choice in this. He´d have to have a lot of guts to kick Demitra out, but it was not just Demitra, who called Zedník back, but also Široký, who kind of was Hanlon´s boss at that time, so....
Yeah, the whole story is complete joke. I really can't imagine Tomas Kral would call somebody back if he left the team. Even if it was Jagr it would hardly happen. Or head of any other hockey association in the hockey world... that idea is just absurd.

Old
06-11-2011, 11:33 PM
Harv
R.I.P. Pavol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swipes View Post
Love the link at the bottom of the page...

''Slovenská hvězda Zedník trucuje''..

Czech to English has it as ''Slovak star Zednik pouts''. How fitting.

Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 01:56 AM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harv View Post
Love the link at the bottom of the page...

''Slovenská hvězda Zedník trucuje''..

Czech to English has it as ''Slovak star Zednik pouts''. How fitting.
Except the star part though.

Šport reports that Ernest Bokroš will be appointed the chief coach of youth at SZĽH. Not sure how I feel about that, but it would probably mean that he is out of the running to becom the NT coach.

Old
06-17-2011, 04:07 AM
slovakiasnextone

Yesterday was the first meeting of the executive committe, where Otto Sykora was officially named the general secretary and Ernest Bokroš was officially named the chief coach of youth (the coaching teams for all youth NTs should be known today), also decided were the areas in which the members of the EC would work:

Vastimil Chvojka- disciplinary commission
Róbert Švehla- Youth hockey commission
Dárius Rusnák- Competitions commission
Jozef Rusnák- Commission of performance hockey
Juraj Koval- legislative commission
Juraj Bakoš- economy commission
Maroš Krajčí- extraliga and marketing commission

An interview with new general secretary Otto Sykora from today´s Šport:
Otto, you worked for Sparta Praha when suddenly the offer from Slovakia came. How did you react, when you were offered such offer?
"I was positively surprised, when SZĽH called me to ask whether I was interested in helping Slovak hockey. It was a great challenge for me and therefore I didn´t hesitate for too long and I accepted the offer."

How many days did you take to make a decision?
"It was just a few days and in my case it was my herat that decided. I have certain visions in my head and I would really love to help Slovak hockey to return to its past positions. It won´t be a simple journey, but I will try to do as much as possible to achieve this."

What was the reaction in Sparta when you told them about this interest?
"AT first they looked at me surprised and didn´t understand....However I explained my visions to them and what it means for me and then they understood. So general manager Petr Bříza, as well as coach Josef Jandač started rooting for me and wished me good luck."

Suddenly you came from Praha to Bratislava, have you managed to find some housing already?
"Not yet, because everything happened rather quickly, but I´m looking for suitable housing."

And didn´t you think that you could live in the flat in the famous Three Towers where former coach Hanlon used to live?
"Not at all, I don´t have the money for such housing. I couldn´t pay it from my salary."

What is in your opinion the biggest problem of Slovak hockey?
"Currently it is definitely the work with youth. In this it will be necessary to change a number of things in order to take a step forward. I know that we have a tough journey ahead of us, but it´s really time to start working. It won´t be popular and pleasant measures, but we won´t move without them."

What kind of measure do you have on your mind?
"I know how it works in youth selections all over the world and how work with the young players in Europe works. Therefore I believe that it is needed to reduce the impact of parents on events in the club. So that the coach would be deciding about the line-up and wouldn´t succumb to outside influences. The next step should be a change in line changes in youth categories. In this case it is also necessary t also school the refferees, so they would assess every situation very sesitively."

There´s also a lot of talk about the quality of Extraliga and its continuity with the NT. What do you think about this?
"Our highest league, I think, doesn´t meet European criteria at all. It´s one of the weakest and in this we have to work and help it to get higher. Therefore its also necessary to improve the cooperation between the federation and the clubs, so the requirements for the NT would be respected also at lower levels and something was done for it."

You said that you will try to apply the knowledge you obtained abroad into Slovak hockey. What knowledhe will it be?
"Above anything systematic things that I was noticing very carefully in Germany and that I´d like to apply in Slovakia. On the German NT for years you can see systematic work that started already in youth and therefore I would be glad if we started to go this way as well. It won´t be easy, but there´s no other solution if Slovak hockey wants to move somewhere. We have to take the good things that work elsewhere and to bring them into our conditions. I believe that if we start working, a response will come."

Old
06-17-2011, 10:42 AM
cagney
cdojdmccjajgejncjaba

Some interesting comments from Sykora.

Do you think he'll actually be able to deal with the parents and ice time issues at the youth level? Or is this more talk than anything? It would certainly be a huge benefit to the Slovak development system if changes like this could be enforced.

How does everyone feel about the idea of working more with systems at younger ages? I suspect it wouldn't be a very popular idea with most but unless the Slovak youth system starts attracting and developing more talented players there might be no choice.

cagney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 09:45 AM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
Originally Posted by cagney View Post
Some interesting comments from Sykora.

Do you think he'll actually be able to deal with the parents and ice time issues at the youth level? Or is this more talk than anything? It would certainly be a huge benefit to the Slovak development system if changes like this could be enforced.

How does everyone feel about the idea of working more with systems at younger ages? I suspect it wouldn't be a very popular idea with most but unless the Slovak youth system starts attracting and developing more talented players there might be no choice.
For the 1st part- I have no idea, we have seen way too many people in Slovak hockey saying all those nice things and the work they actually did for Slovak hockey in the end was little to none.

As for the 2nd part, personally I´m not too sure how I feel about it. Obviously he spent 10 years working in Germany, so it should be no surprise that he wants to apply things he learned there in Slovakia, but on the other hand with all respect to Germany there is a number of countries that are much superior when it commes to hockey development, so why wouldn´t we want to learn from the BEST? I mean if th e general secretary or what of our football federation wants to use Germany as the No.1 source for changes then I´m all for it, but in hockey.... And I mean no disrespect in Germany, obviously they are actually ahead of us in many aspects when it commes to youth hockey and I´m sure we can learn at least something from them, but they are not the best....

Old
06-18-2011, 11:38 AM
cagney
cdojdmccjajgejncjaba

Quote:
As for the 2nd part, personally I´m not too sure how I feel about it. Obviously he spent 10 years working in Germany, so it should be no surprise that he wants to apply things he learned there in Slovakia, but on the other hand with all respect to Germany there is a number of countries that are much superior when it commes to hockey development, so why wouldn´t we want to learn from the BEST? I mean if th e general secretary or what of our football federation wants to use Germany as the No.1 source for changes then I´m all for it, but in hockey.... And I mean no disrespect in Germany, obviously they are actually ahead of us in many aspects when it commes to youth hockey and I´m sure we can learn at least something from them, but they are not the best....
I think emulating the best development programs is worth trying but I wonder if Slovakia will ever have the requisite pool of players to make it work. The Swedish program, for example, might not be working so well if they only had 9,000 registered players instead of 59,000. If it doesn't work, there might not be any other alternatives beyond systems emphasis.

cagney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 11:51 AM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
Originally Posted by cagney View Post
I think emulating the best development programs is worth trying but I wonder if Slovakia will ever have the requisite pool of players to make it work. The Swedish program, for example, might not be working so well if they only had 9,000 registered players instead of 59,000. If it doesn't work, there might not be any other alternatives beyond systems emphasis.
Well, Germany has about 3 times as much players as Slovakia does (under 30 000), so that might not be such a good example either after all.

And Denmark with half the players we have shows that it is still possible to develop top end talent.

But yes, if we want to apply for example the Swedish model the first thing we need to do ahead of anything else is to get more kids to play. Obviously even if we applied everything good that there is in Canadian, American, Swedish, Russian and Finnish youth development combined, we wouldn´t be as goos as those nations. But I believe that it is possible to apply a big part of what they do in "small" as well.