HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011 Playoffs Part II

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-17-2011, 12:31 PM
  #501
MoeLemay
Registered User
 
MoeLemay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,019
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCG View Post

What's sad is that during much of the season (and leaving out those back to backs we sucked in), the Caps were a much better team than Boston.
Season series says different.

MoeLemay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 12:34 PM
  #502
QuadrupleDeke
33% more deke
 
QuadrupleDeke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 4,579
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeLemay View Post
Season series says different.
Do you go searching through every thread in other teams' forums for posts you disagree with, or just this one?

QuadrupleDeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 04:02 PM
  #503
blokeyhighlander
May = :golfnana:
 
blokeyhighlander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SC
Country: United States
Posts: 2,045
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadrupleDeke View Post
Do you go searching through every thread in other teams' forums for posts you disagree with, or just this one?
It's OK though, he just won the Stanley Cup. All by himself.

blokeyhighlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 05:24 PM
  #504
Duke33
Registered User
 
Duke33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 1,949
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCG View Post
To paraphrase Scotty Bowman... often times, the team that wins is the team that plays the fewest tough games, be it by luck, skill, or a combination of the two.

Vancouver had to go through Chicago, Nashville, and SJ

Boston drew (from memory) Montreal, Philly, and Tampa

Boston had the easier route, and thus, had more in the tank at the end.

What's sad is that during much of the season (and leaving out those back to backs we sucked in), the Caps were a much better team than Boston.

How do we gain accountability? It has to start at the top, and must include results. It seems that this team has accountability... financial, that is... and as long as butts are filling the seats, results will always be second.
I wouldn't say Boston had the easier road at all. They played three Game 7s. They were noticeably tougher overall than the Canucks, who predictably were the same whiny, spineless cheapshotting bunch that couldn't get past Chicago the last two seasons. And they barely escaped the Hawks this time around.

Boston was tough and played hard esp. when it counted with their backs against the wall. And I'm hard pressed to say the Caps were a better team. The Caps were easily swept by the same team Boston beat, and Boston got the better of us in the seasonal games too.

As for accountability, I do agree. The Caps are a superbly talented team with loads of good young talent but I honestly don't know if they have the toughness and mental attitude for a long, difficult playoff run. Not when half the team decides to shut down after Round 1.

Duke33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 10:45 AM
  #505
BTCG
Registered User
 
BTCG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,359
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSHS View Post
<------



Red over Red the Captain is Dead...
NAH... he ain't dead.... he's running the Bolts, that's all, and we wish him well. He wasn't likely to supplant Holland, so we made peace with letting him go.

You were talking about #19, right?

BTCG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 10:54 AM
  #506
BTCG
Registered User
 
BTCG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,359
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molseed View Post
I wouldn't say Boston had the easier road at all. They played three Game 7s. They were noticeably tougher overall than the Canucks, who predictably were the same whiny, spineless cheapshotting bunch that couldn't get past Chicago the last two seasons. And they barely escaped the Hawks this time around.

Boston was tough and played hard esp. when it counted with their backs against the wall. And I'm hard pressed to say the Caps were a better team. The Caps were easily swept by the same team Boston beat, and Boston got the better of us in the seasonal games too.

As for accountability, I do agree. The Caps are a superbly talented team with loads of good young talent but I honestly don't know if they have the toughness and mental attitude for a long, difficult playoff run. Not when half the team decides to shut down after Round 1.
Look, ain't butterin yer bread, but yours is an opinion I read and respect, mostly.

Being a fan of 2 teams (Caps/Wings), I try to remain objective, and in that vein, I've gotta say, the East (and the teams mentioned) are by far weaker than the West, and those teams mentioned. No axe to grind, just the truth: the West is by far tougher than the East.

As for the rest of your post, you're discouraged, and rightfully so. But I'd say this: firing the coach is easier than firing the team, and this team, if they can get to the Finals, need only beat "1" Western team.

I say get em a new coach, and give em another chance. I'm shaking off that cloud of negativity these last few weeks forced on us.

BTCG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 11:38 AM
  #507
HSHS
Losing is a disease
 
HSHS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Redondo Beach, Ca
Country: United States
Posts: 17,639
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCG View Post
NAH... he ain't dead.... he's running the Bolts, that's all, and we wish him well. He wasn't likely to supplant Holland, so we made peace with letting him go.

You were talking about #19, right?
Nope

HSHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 12:20 PM
  #508
Vladiator16
R.I.P - Loko.
 
Vladiator16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 6,521
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molseed View Post
I wouldn't say Boston had the easier road at all. They played three Game 7s. They were noticeably tougher overall than the Canucks, who predictably were the same whiny, spineless cheapshotting bunch that couldn't get past Chicago the last two seasons. And they barely escaped the Hawks this time around.

Boston was tough and played hard esp. when it counted with their backs against the wall. And I'm hard pressed to say the Caps were a better team. The Caps were easily swept by the same team Boston beat, and Boston got the better of us in the seasonal games too.

As for accountability, I do agree. The Caps are a superbly talented team with loads of good young talent but I honestly don't know if they have the toughness and mental attitude for a long, difficult playoff run. Not when half the team decides to shut down after Round 1.
Agreed on every point... Don't see mental toughness on the team, required to go deep, very discouraging and now we have to wait till next April again to see if the team made any progress in that department...

Vladiator16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 01:18 PM
  #509
Dirtbag59
Registered User
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,867
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCG View Post
To paraphrase Scotty Bowman... often times, the team that wins is the team that plays the fewest tough games, be it by luck, skill, or a combination of the two.

Vancouver had to go through Chicago, Nashville, and SJ

Boston drew (from memory) Montreal, Philly, and Tampa

Boston had the easier route, and thus, had more in the tank at the end.

What's sad is that during much of the season (and leaving out those back to backs we sucked in), the Caps were a much better team than Boston.

How do we gain accountability? It has to start at the top, and must include results. It seems that this team has accountability... financial, that is... and as long as butts are filling the seats, results will always be second.
I knew this argument would come up as an excuse for a Western team loosing. Can never be that the better team won. No "Vancouver was tired, more beat up, etc." They played the same amount of games going in and the perception of Western Teams compared to Eastern Teams is vastly overstated.

They both had 18 playoff games going in, but Vancouver had 3 extra days of rest. Vancouver also had home ice advantage. And to top it off they were facing the 3 seed from the East. If the West is as good as people say it is then Vancouver should have dominated this series. Instead they ended up shut out in Game 7.

Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 05:21 PM
  #510
RandyHolt
Capitals Station
 
RandyHolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: Poland
Posts: 24,571
vCash: 1300
the west playoff teams look better to me. I am almost envious of every west offense i see.


Last edited by RandyHolt: 06-18-2011 at 05:37 PM.
RandyHolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 06:16 PM
  #511
Atlas
Registered User
 
Atlas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 3,211
vCash: 500
This years' Caps team wasn't a shadow of Boston's team. The year before, the Caps were a bit better than Boston but still not good enough to get anything done.

Atlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:14 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.