HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Calgary/Florida

Old
06-18-2011, 02:18 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

vCash: 2403
Quote:
Originally Posted by flameout View Post
Yeah, the Flames really ever haven't shown they "need" to trade him. Putting him on waivers in February was just a gleeful prank and $3 mil for a guy who scores 11 goals is ever such a wonderful bargain just like Bouwmeester is, and Stajan, and Sarich, etc. With the wonderful talent evaluation CAL exhibits, no wonder they've made the playoffs the last two years which was in large part due to the gems acquired in the Phaneuf trade...
I'm not arguing that the Flames have bad contracts, but thats not what this thread is about. Its about trading Hagman, again the Flames do not NEED to trade him. There are other routes and things that can be done with other players IF extra cap has to be made. Obviously, you fall into the typical HF mentality that when a player is over 30 and has a bad season that he might as well retire because they are useless. Not that long ago, Hagman had an excellent Olympics and was arguably the Finns best forward. He is only 31, a change of scenery may be all he needs to spark his game again. He is still a very good player and works his butt off every game. If he went to a team like the Panthers where he would be get the minutes, it is logical to think that he would return to scoring 25 goals, then 3 million dollars all of sudden becomes a bargain for him.

I actually like Hagman, part of me wants to see him stay in Calgary because when he is on his game he is very effective. But if there is an oppertunity to move him for a decent package, the Flames should do it for the cap space.

Johnny Hoxville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 03:11 PM
flash 12

vCash: 500
how about hagman,stajan,3rd and 4th for your two 2nd

flash 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 03:30 PM
ShootIt

Quote:
Originally Posted by flash 12 View Post
how about hagman,stajan,3rd and 4th for your two 2nd
nope

ShootIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 03:41 PM
flash 12

what would it take to move them and get the two 2nd

Old
06-18-2011, 03:52 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by flash 12 View Post
what would it take to move them and get the two 2nd
We'll send you the 2 x 2nd's, Stajan, and you send us Weiss. Deal??

Old
06-18-2011, 04:08 PM
flash 12

take out a 2nd put in hagman and give us your last pick out of your three 3rds (87) and it is a deal

Old
06-18-2011, 06:51 PM
ShootIt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
We'll send you the 2 x 2nd's, Stajan, and you send us Weiss. Deal??
Awful.

ShootIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 07:14 PM
Skobel24
#Ignited

vCash: 50
Hagman for a 4th is more than fair. Hagman is taking up way too much space for us to really make any major moves, and hasn't been very effective. Sure, he could rebound in Florida, but this deal is more or less just to dump salary. 3 mil in cap space is definitely worth a 4th rounder.

Any chance you Floridians would bite on Stajan for a conditional 7th? One more year at 4.5 mil, then 2 at 2.5.

Last edited by Skobel24: 06-18-2011 at 07:22 PM.
Skobel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 07:32 PM
mcphllp
Dion @ 6.5=Discount

Makes too much sense

mcphllp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 08:07 PM
MisterT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
Thanks, I can skip reading the morning funnies now.

BTW, the Flames do not "need" to trade Hagman and he has been a fairly useful player for us even though he hasn't scored a ton. I think Feaster's goal is to aquire a 3rd for Hagman based on some of his comments, but I also think he would settle for a 4th.
You are an idiot with both a short memory and propensity to listen to a GM's rhetoric. As demonsrated at the trade deadline, other GMs vest no value in Hagman. Calgary would be lucky to only have to give up a 3rd wwith Hagman and receive a 4th in order to shed his dead cap.

Tim Erixon is an a$$ but he did have his agent point out some unfortunate truths about the Flames as he manipulating his way to NY. I live in Calgary and fully expext them to be the worst team in Canada very soon as they lack quality prospects, have too many poor vet contracts (Stajan, Hagman and Bouwmeister to name a few) and need high picks in 2012 and 2103.

MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 09:27 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootIt View Post
Awful.
I wasn't being serious, it would take a very nice offer for Calgary to move its 2 x 2nd round picks. Our biggest problem is prospect depth, so I don't think Feaster will be too eager to trade them. It would take an overpayment, hence my suggestion at aquiring Weiss, which would not be all to likely to happen.

Old
06-18-2011, 09:34 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterT View Post
You are an idiot with both a short memory and propensity to listen to a GM's rhetoric. As demonsrated at the trade deadline, other GMs vest no value in Hagman. Calgary would be lucky to only have to give up a 3rd wwith Hagman and receive a 4th in order to shed his dead cap.

Tim Erixon is an a$$ but he did have his agent point out some unfortunate truths about the Flames as he manipulating his way to NY. I live in Calgary and fully expext them to be the worst team in Canada very soon as they lack quality prospects, have too many poor vet contracts (Stajan, Hagman and Bouwmeister to name a few) and need high picks in 2012 and 2103.
You call me an idiot (which is Flaming BTW) and reitterate a scenerio that would absolutely never happen. Go learn a thing or two about the NHL and come back and talk to me then. The Flames biggest problem is a lack of prospects, so why in hell would they kick in a higher draft pick just to move Hagman? Seriously, think before you post. It would be nice to move Hagman, but it is NOT neccessary. We have the cap space and moving him would be classified as a luxury. So there is no chance that we are going to make a deal from our biggest weakness (draft picks/prospects) just for the sake of clearing salary. Boy am I glad our GM doesn't share your philosophy, then we really soon would be the worst team in Canada.

Last edited by Johnny Hoxville: 06-19-2011 at 12:35 AM.
Old
06-18-2011, 09:55 PM
I Hate Chris Butler
Backlund Fan Club

vCash: 150
Here's a better deal:

To Florida:
Hagman
Kotalik

To Calgary:
Cap space

Feaster takes that deal and runs.

I Hate Chris Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 12:06 AM
Backlund

vCash: 1263
Quote:
Originally Posted by C For Choke View Post
Here's a better deal:

To Florida:
Hagman
Kotalik

To Calgary:
Cap space

Feaster takes that deal and runs.
We can't just give them 2 players for nothing, I don't think the league would allow it. Make it future considerations and its a deal. The future considerations being that you don't ever try to trade them to us again.

Backlund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 12:38 AM
Reinhart

From Florida's perspective, I would only do this if I think Hagman will prosper there - but not anything more than viewing it as an investment.

If Hagman can get back to 20+ goals this season in Florida, than Florida can turn around and deal him at the deadline for a 2nd to an offensive hungry team.

Otherwise, a rebuilding team PROBABLY wouldn't see much value in Hagman, I think anyways. Definitely able to fill in the top 6 somewhere, but doesn't get you that 'leadership' presence that you desire with the veterans you add to a rebuild.

Reinhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 01:15 AM
xacution

tallon needs to go get that big star,a center so weiss could be 2 nd,and get some support and wait for the youngsters,soundntve traded frolik

xacution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 10:02 AM
DropIt

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnEmUp View Post
That's crazy IMO.

If a guy scores 30+ goals @ $3 million he is worth a heck of a lot more than a 3rd round draft pick.

That's why you put conditions on a pick. So if the player doesn't produce like he should he isn't going to cost the team trading the pick as much.....and if he does produce like he should, the team trading him doesn't get arse *****.

If the Flames kept Hagman, and he was on pace for 30 goals, what do you think he'd get if they moved him at the deadline?

A 2nd round pick atleast.

That's why I said:

20+ goals = 2nd rounder
19 or less = 3rd rounder

...and you could even put another stipulation in case Hagman really fizzled, like less than 10 goals the Flames get a 5th or something.

Right now, the Flames would want to get rid of him so the salary clears up. They really wouldnt be looking to get what they feel would be fair value for him. When your in the position Calgary is right now, they would take a 5th round pick for Hagman.

DropIt is offline   Reply With Quote