HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Sean Bergenheim

Old
06-18-2011, 11:54 PM
marcosolodolo

vCash: 500
Sean Bergenheim

According to Renaud P Lavoie's twitter, things don't seem so sunny in Tampa for Bergenheim..

"Il serait très surprenant que Sean Bergenheim s'entende avec le lightning d'ici le premier juillet. Expect him to hit the market."

Good depth player. If he becomes available on July 1st, what kind of money do you expect him to get and where can you see him going?

marcosolodolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 12:03 AM
Riverbolt

Someone will overpay for him, and regret it. Tampa won't play games with him, great role-player, but replaceable, perhaps from within Tampas own system.

Riverbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 12:26 AM
glovesave_35
Name

vCash: 250
Fernando Pisani 2.0?

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 04:07 AM
Ajaton Azer
A small hamster

Most GM's are good at evaluating talent, so he won't get much more than he deserves. I think even Tampa could pay that 1,5 million per.

Ajaton Azer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 06:56 AM
Ten88Nineteen

It'll be a shame paying him $1.5 a year while Dominic Moore is getting $1.2, and got $1.0 this past year when he was easily the best player on the line. To add to that, Moore has been in the same situation and held out, and ended up not even getting a larger deal than what he got in Montreal when all was said and done.

Not to take anything away from Bergenheim though, as his will to find the puck is amazing, even when he's not scoring much (regular season). It's just that he had a playoff run like Fedotenko did in 04, and who knows if he'll repeat.

I honestly don't think he means to leave Tampa, and just wants to see what kind of offers he'll get.

Real value: $1.2 for the next year, too much is up in the air - especially if he signs for another team

If he holds out enough, I could definitely see $1.5 a year for 2 years in Tampa, but I don't see it going any higher.

Ten88Nineteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 09:19 AM
Little Black
@LittleBlack87

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcosolodolo View Post
According to Renaud P Lavoie's twitter, things don't seem so sunny in Tampa for Bergenheim..

"Il serait très surprenant que Sean Bergenheim s'entende avec le lightning d'ici le premier juillet. Expect him to hit the market."

Good depth player. If he becomes available on July 1st, what kind of money do you expect him to get and where can you see him going?
Like you said he's a good depth player with good offensive skills. He's definately a good player to have on a team BUT not at any price! A fair price for him would be 1.5M. At this price I would take him on my team right now!

Little Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 10:42 AM
janecky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ten88Nineteen View Post
It'll be a shame paying him $1.5 a year while Dominic Moore is getting $1.2, and got $1.0 this past year when he was easily the best player on the line. To add to that, Moore has been in the same situation and held out, and ended up not even getting a larger deal than what he got in Montreal when all was said and done.
It is a shame Moore only earns a smidgeon over one dollar a year. Even the sorely underpaid Frans Nielsen gets league minimum.

I don't think Moore's situation is comparable with Bergenheim's. Moore played his hand very badly when he held the cards. He turned down a good offer from Toronto during his breakout year just before the trade deadline and was then traded and couldn't produce offense in Buffalo. After that he hit free agency and couldn't get anywhere near the money Burke had offered. Bergenheim played his normal game and produced the same amount of offense he always produces during the regular season and then stood out in the playoffs. It's not like he went from zero to hero; he garnered praise during the regular season as well.

$1.5m for Bergenheim is easily justifiable if he can stay healthy and play his usual game. I'd be surprised if he didn't get at least that on the open market.

I don't know if he still has the same agent he had back when he held out on the Islanders and had to play a year in Russia/Sweden, by the way. I doubt he's going to overplay his hand a second time.

janecky is offline   Reply With Quote