HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Cory Schneider or Jonathan Bernier

Old
06-19-2011, 07:27 PM
You Know

vCash: 500
Cory Schneider or Jonathan Bernier

I've seen Cory Schneider's and Jonathan Bernier's names tossed around as an option on various team boards looking for goaltending help this summer, so instead of asking on those boards individually, I was wondering what would be your team's best realistic offer? What could you see your team giving up in order to obtain one of the two?

This is assuming that your team isn't able to sign someone like Vokoun as a #1 given the limited number of proven starters hitting UFA, and the potential number of teams that could be after a UFA goalie's services this summer.

Both goalies were chosen in the first round, and after each team has put time and development into each player, I don't see either being traded unless the right deal comes along, since without a serious offer they would be more valuable to each team to simply keep. I believe both teams would be looking for a young player that can step into their lineup and contribute immediately.

You Know is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 07:40 PM
sabresfan123*

Or Enroth?

sabresfan123* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 07:48 PM
CNS
A World Alone

You won't be getting Bernier. He's going to battle Quick in training camp and even if he doesn't win the starting job, he's going to be our backup.

CNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 08:03 PM
You Know

I was interested in what the potential market might be like, instead of in specific goaltenders. I doubt either would be moved as it seems that teams are not willing to give up enough to make it worthwhile to their owners to move them, but again I was wondering what the market may be like.

You Know is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 08:07 PM
GoTeamDom

What I gather from reading these forums is the general consensus is that teams that need a goalie would like, in order of preference:

- trade for Nabakov
- take a run at Vokoun
- take a run at a mid-lower tier starter at free agency
- trade for schneider/bernier
- trade for enroth/varlarmov/neuvirth/lindback
- be content with what they have, and claim that the goalie market sucks

I don't expect to see any goalies move until December, when teams figure they need a little bit of help.

GoTeamDom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 08:08 PM
CNS
A World Alone

It's really impossible to say. Bernier may have a value but I guarantee you DL wouldn't trade him for that. I'm horrible at making up values so I won't even guess. Sorry for not being that helpful lol.

CNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 08:25 PM
DesertDawg

My guess
neither Cory Schneider or Jonathan Bernier will be traded this off-season, Van and LA will most likely wait until the regular season when a team is more desperate... At this time, the only trades I can see happening are for fair value...

DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 08:28 PM
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On

If Schneider is moved it'll be a package of him, a good prospect and a high pick for a top 6 PWF.

Winroba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 08:31 PM
NYVanfan

i tend to think their value in trades is high, a la Mike Smith or Halak, and that's why you don't see young bluechip goalies move very often

UFAs are older and you need to shell out for them... I will be very interested to see how Philly gets Bryz under the cap

NYVanfan is offline   Reply With Quote