HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

TSN off-season game plan

Old
06-15-2011, 12:19 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

vCash: 500
TSN off-season game plan

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=369007

Josi is still under the radar but I think Nashville will make a move to get him on the team.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2011, 06:47 PM
Firestorm

Scoring centre... He did mean scoring winger, right?

Firestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 12:07 PM
thomas magnum

Great article for us "new fans" to get up to speed with the team. Do you guys agree with most of what is written here? Just hoping to get a fan's perspective rather than TSN who used to only be so close to right when it came to the Thrashers.

thomas magnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 12:51 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas magnum View Post
Great article for us "new fans" to get up to speed with the team. Do you guys agree with most of what is written here? Just hoping to get a fan's perspective rather than TSN who used to only be so close to right when it came to the Thrashers.
Meh. its fine for the most part, but depth defenseman are not remotely a need for us, and Roman Josi is, as always, criminally under-rated. He has a chance, a fairly decent one, to get to Suter's level. Not sure if it'll happen, but I hope and expect to see him on the big club next year.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 01:13 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAnotherHockeyFan View Post
Scoring centre... He did mean scoring winger, right?
Our centers next year could easily be Fisher, Legwand, O'Reilly, and Smithson. Not exactly a fearsome foursome for opposing defenses.

The wing is a bigger need for us, though, and will likely be the priority. Then again, we could just sign/trade for another center and move Legwand or Fisher to the wing.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 02:41 PM
Joey Moss

vCash: 226
Just curious.. is Matthew Lombardi is going to be healthy for next season?

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 02:59 PM
MrJoshua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
Just curious.. is Matthew Lombardi is going to be healthy for next season?
Nobody knows. Not even Matthew Lombardi.

MrJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 04:10 PM
thomas magnum

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJoshua View Post
Nobody knows. Not even Matthew Lombardi.
Well I think that if he isn't going to be healthy we'll see them either making a trade or signing a UFA forward. There just isn't enough scoring depth at the start of a season for a GM to be satisfied with (even by Predstandards).

Old
06-16-2011, 06:51 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Well I think that if he isn't going to be healthy we'll see them either making a trade or signing a UFA forward. There just isn't enough scoring depth at the start of a season for a GM to be satisfied with (even by Predstandards).
Honestly, its no worse than last season.... maybe even better. I wouldnt count on a trade. You learn pretty quickly not to get your hopes up of Poile acquiring offense.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 07:03 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
It is pretty bare bones. It also overlooks the absolute tears that Legwand, Erat, SK, and to a lesser extent Ward went on to end the season. Legwand will be fine if counted on as a scorer. He isn't an all-star offensive player, but he is quite capable of being a 50 point player if given the appropriate linemates and icetime in offensive situations. Ditto Erat who was a beast until we met Vancouver in the playoffs.

06-17-2011, 07:30 AM
thomas magnum

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
Honestly, its no worse than last season.... maybe even better. I wouldnt count on a trade. You learn pretty quickly not to get your hopes up of Poile acquiring offense.
I'm sure you are right but I hope you aren't. They are just really close to contending for the cup as I see it. I mean like one solid scoring threat away from contending for it.

Old
06-17-2011, 09:06 AM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

Quote:
I'm sure you are right but I hope you aren't. They are just really close to contending for the cup as I see it. I mean like one solid scoring threat away from contending for it.
Maybe, but that's what most of us thought when Forsberg was brought in. We gave up a lot on that and I think it really soured Poile on going for broke. After trading our first and players and prospects and money for one and a half months of... nothing, really... Poile went back to his slow and steady ways and it's working out. Slowly, for sure, but there is a great foundation to the organization and that will pay off in the long run. We're impatient, but I think good things will come AND the organization will continue to be strong enough to withstand the personnel shifts that come with success.

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 10:44 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

I think the Peter Forsberg signing had more to do with Leipold than Poile. Leipold know that he was going to have to sell the team without a deep run in the play offs. I wouldn't be surprised if he were pulling the strings on that deal

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 05:53 PM
Firestorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
Meh. its fine for the most part, but depth defenseman are not remotely a need for us, and Roman Josi is, as always, criminally under-rated. He has a chance, a fairly decent one, to get to Suter's level. Not sure if it'll happen, but I hope and expect to see him on the big club next year.
Depth defensemen is a standard Scott Cullen recommendation...

Firestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 07:44 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz View Post
Maybe, but that's what most of us thought when Forsberg was brought in. We gave up a lot on that and I think it really soured Poile on going for broke. After trading our first and players and prospects and money for one and a half months of... nothing, really... Poile went back to his slow and steady ways and it's working out. Slowly, for sure, but there is a great foundation to the organization and that will pay off in the long run. We're impatient, but I think good things will come AND the organization will continue to be strong enough to withstand the personnel shifts that come with success.
We got Forsberg, but we lost Hartnell and Erat to injury. Radulov was a raw rookie. Trotz was playing Forsberg with Radulov and Fiddler at times. Fiddler. Vernon freaking Fiddler with Peter Forsberg.

Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 08:30 AM
token grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
We got Forsberg, but we lost Hartnell and Erat to injury. Radulov was a raw rookie. Trotz was playing Forsberg with Radulov and Fiddler at times. Fiddler. Vernon freaking Fiddler with Peter Forsberg.
good times. snowtires on a ferarri

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 09:22 PM
braindead

In fairness, our 3rd line of choice after that trade was Radulov-Forsberg-Hartnell.

Two heads and one foot away from legendary greatness.

Can you imagine that line if it came of age together? That would have been something.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 02:21 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead View Post
In fairness, our 3rd line of choice after that trade was Radulov-Forsberg-Hartnell.

Two heads and one foot away from legendary greatness.

Can you imagine that line if it came of age together? That would have been something.
man you're bringing back memories

should've went soo much farther

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote