HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Roman Hamrlik

Old
06-19-2011, 11:37 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports1131 View Post
I don't get the hate for Hamrlik and I'd take him back under the right circumstances, but there's just no room for him unless both Markov and Wizniewski are gone in which case we're screwed anyways.

There is no hate for Hamrlik. I like the guy.

However, one of the reasons the Habs were not a Cup contender was the defense being a tad bit old.

No shame in bringing on new and younger players. But, I have a sinking feeling that we will probably have pretty much the same defense.......minus Wiz.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 12:03 AM
JohnLennon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bourdain View Post
The people who want him will say it's cheap, the people who didn't will say it's waste of cap space.

(lol I'm totally covering myself up)
Whether you are covering yourself up or not, it makes sense if you look at it like that haha! People who like him will see he is cheap, and the rest will say he is extra baggage. Kind of like how people see Spacek or Gomez right now.

Hamrlik at around 2 mil is a bargain in my opinion though. The guy is made of steel and is a very solid all-around defenseman.

JohnLennon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 08:48 AM
swimmer77
Post Oates

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
There is no hate for Hamrlik. I like the guy.

However, one of the reasons the Habs were not a Cup contender was the defense being a tad bit old.

No shame in bringing on new and younger players. But, I have a sinking feeling that we will probably have pretty much the same defense.......minus Wiz.
How can you say there is no hate when another poster blatantly admits hate in this thread?

IMHO there are some fans who reasonably dislike him which is fine. But I think there is an abundance of fans who show their dislike by taking it to a different, hateful level.

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote