HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Jagr interested to play in Montreal pt3

Closed Thread

Old
06-20-2011, 07:33 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Jagr interested to play in Montreal pt3

Here is the link to pt 2.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=921458

Continue all Jagr talk here.

Old
06-20-2011, 07:34 AM
King peZ
Where's my Cup?

Cmon Goat Land Jagr.

Old
06-20-2011, 07:35 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Incredible. He's been "interested" for a long time now. I call BS

Old
06-20-2011, 07:40 AM
livewell68

I watched both play and most will tell you Jagr was the tougher player.

Forsberg's PPG in the playoffs is better because he played the majority of his prime with Sakic, Drury, Deadmarsh, Tanguay, Hejduk; while Jagr played with a far lesser talented team (this is after Lemieux retired as Jagr's PPG with Lemieux is much lower than it is without Lemieux).

Forsberg's PPG would have never been as high had he played longer. When Jagr was in Pittsburgh his PPG (11 seasons) was above 1.35 PPG. Jagr's PPG only dropped because of Washington.

This is what Jagr could do.

Old
06-20-2011, 07:43 AM
Andy

In the last thread someone put up a link from le journal about how PG was contacted but the Jagr camp was told that a decision needed to be made on Hamrlik first.

What I don't get about that article is that no where in there(unless I read wrong) does it say PG refused, rather that part is just speculation on the part of the author.

Old
06-20-2011, 07:44 AM
Russian Warrior
SWAG

Marc Freakin DeFoy is not a valid Source.

Old
06-20-2011, 07:46 AM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russian Warrior View Post
Maybe not, but only a low life would have to make up a conversation(since he has direct quotes from Jagr's agent). I doubt he made up that convo because it would be pretty low.

What bothers me is not what Jagr's agent said or supposedely said, but the speculation on the part of the author which is later passed on as fact(the fact being that there is no chance of Jagr in Montreal).

Old
06-20-2011, 07:49 AM
Canadian_Brewtality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russian Warrior View Post
lol yah cause he isnt saying what you want to hear, but all of these "un named" sources from the NY post are 100% reliable. He has only followed the team, and been around for 20+ years.

Get over it guys, the chances of this guy signing here are slim to none. As much as you grasp onto every inch of hope, there is nothing that has been reported that would suggest he will sign here or is more interested in being here than anywhere else.

Its not the habs style at all to do this kind of thing, he dosent play Martin style, its not the type of player the team needs, and a guy looking for a 1 year deal who will be taxed at a clip of almost 50%. Yah no.

Old
06-20-2011, 07:51 AM
HamrlikTheStud*

If we're actually priorising a file like Hamrlik over a file like Jagr, we only deserve to keep finishing in the bottom-5 of the NHL for scoring.

Old
06-20-2011, 07:53 AM
Maxpac

It's not that I don't want Jagr, but I can't wait for him to sign somewhere else so that we can be done with these crazy speculations and the annoying love fest from jags6868

Old
06-20-2011, 07:55 AM
JuJu Mobb

Forget it.

Sorry the article is in french.

Petr Svoboda said that Montreal showed very little interested in his client. He also said he spoke to 12 teams. He would sign for 2,5 M, half of what russian teams are offering him.

http://fr.canoe.ca/sports/nouvelles/...20-021057.html

Old
06-20-2011, 07:57 AM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowsingForACup View Post
If we're actually priorising a file like Hamrlik over a file like Jagr, we only deserve to keep finishing in the bottom-5 of the NHL for scoring.
Looking at it the wrong way? Maybe he's about to sign Hamrlik and Jagr

Old
06-20-2011, 07:58 AM
LeMAD

The guy is washed up.

For the same price, Hamrlik>Jagr.

Old
06-20-2011, 08:01 AM
x74Pacioretty74x

It really depends what your listening too.. If you search Jagr Habs on twitter, a source comes up that seems partially reliable as his tweets aren't ******** rumors and seems to report the truth. It says that we will have Jagr signed by Friday and were the front runners. We all know how PG likes to keep things quiet.

Old
The Price is Right

Jagr would be great our superstar player even if he is not in his prime anymore.

Old
PhysicX

vCash: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowsingForACup View Post
I won't be as harsh, but seriously Hamrlik? We've already got Spacek and Gill, why add another old veteran to the team on defense? Plus Markov could get signed anyday! I call ******** on the Hamrlik priority.

37-37-36-32 (age of our D if Hamrlik and Markov stay)

Nowhere did he write the discussions went poorly. In fact, maybe Svoboda tried to evade his questions related to Jagr by stating Hamrlik, because come on, you can't be serious PG is more interested by keeping Hamrlik than getting Jagr.

Old
06-20-2011, 08:14 AM
katatoniak

I dont buy that Hamrlik crap ... even Jacques said the need was to get a younger and more mobile d-squad. By resigning Gill and Hamrlik with Spacek still here ... you are not doing that

Old
06-20-2011, 08:15 AM
crystal ball

It would be nice to have Jagr to contribute some much-needed points in the Habs top six. But this is the same song and dance we hear every summer. Habs have been "close" on Shanahan, Briere, Sundin and now Jagr in the last few years. What we get instead are Smolinski, Kostopolous, Laraque and Gionta. I'd be surprised if this year "close" turns into the real thing, and I'll be equally surprised if Jagr does actually sign in Montreal and plays well enough to earn his money all year. We've just seen too many "close" players end up with other teams, and too many who sign in Montreal turning in sub-par performances. I hope this is different, but I'm not expecting much.

Old
06-20-2011, 08:18 AM
Ginu

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD View Post
The guy is washed up.

Wash your mouth! You're out of your mind lol

Old
06-20-2011, 08:18 AM
Ghetto Sangria
Groupthink

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD View Post
The guy is washed up.

Dear god you are leMAD!!

Old
06-20-2011, 08:21 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
It's not that I don't want Jagr, but I can't wait for him to sign somewhere else so that we can be done with these crazy speculations and the annoying love fest from jags6868
If you don't like it and you're so annoyed by it I'm not quite sure why you even bother to post in here.

Pretty pathetic that you'd also rather a solid player sign somewhere else than here over a thread on HFboards, but alright.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystal ball View Post
It would be nice to have Jagr to contribute some much-needed points in the Habs top six. But this is the same song and dance we hear every summer. Habs have been "close" on Shanahan, Briere, Sundin and now Jagr in the last few years. What we get instead are Smolinski, Kostopolous, Laraque and Gionta. I'd be surprised if this year "close" turns into the real thing, and I'll be equally surprised if Jagr does actually sign in Montreal and plays well enough to earn his money all year. We've just seen too many "close" players end up with other teams, and too many who sign in Montreal turning in sub-par performances. I hope this is different, but I'm not expecting much.
There are 29 other teams you know...

Old
06-20-2011, 08:26 AM
habitue*

A third thread on Jagr.... WOW !

That is a non issue.

Old
06-20-2011, 08:27 AM
OpenIceHit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuJu Mobb View Post
Forget it.

Sorry the article is in french.

Petr Svoboda said that Montreal showed very little interested in his client. He also said he spoke to 12 teams. He would sign for 2,5 M, half of what russian teams are offering him.

http://fr.canoe.ca/sports/nouvelles/...20-021057.html
That is why we signed Darche instead...

Old
06-20-2011, 08:49 AM
jadensdad

it`s too bad, I think the guy could be a solid contributer to the top 9, but I am not the GM of an NHL hockey team.

Old
06-20-2011, 08:55 AM
livewell68

These are just rumours. Were there not any rumours as well that a few weeks Jagr was said to sign in the KHL and that he was not interested in the NHL?

This week folks, book it, Jagr will sign witht he Habs.

He will sign somewhere where the environment and hype is great, there is the potential of a Cup winning team but at the same where he can still be the top player and still have some liberties to play and where the party life is good.

Montreal is the best place for this. It's not for no reason that his gf is upset with him. She's afraid he's going meet hot French Canadian girls.

Last edited by livewell68: 06-20-2011 at 09:01 AM.
Closed Thread