HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Jagr interested to play in Montreal pt3

Closed Thread

Old
06-20-2011, 09:04 AM
saints96

vCash: 500
10$ says he ends up in Washington

Old
06-20-2011, 09:08 AM
Marchy79

I am not going to read too much in to it. a) gotta think of if gauthier wants it to be a surprise, to keep the status quo.

i mean just think: "yeah talks with gauthier went really well... i suspect a deal signed in the next x hours?"

It would be a large signing, i believe gauthier would want the press to be surprised.

we wont unfortunately know the whole story until it's done.

it could just mean he's playing it down, kind of a loaded question to ask in a 24-7 hockey market media town like Montreal... Petr definately would know what thats like...

Old
06-20-2011, 09:10 AM
ymorin007*

Send a message via MSN to ymorin007*
We have also to remember that everything the agent will say to reporters (good or bads) about the potential for Jagr to come to MTL doesnt mean its true it can be propaganda for the benefit of his client....but I understand I'm like many of you just trying to find anything that could match my desire....and if you look at my avatar you know my desire.

Old
06-20-2011, 09:14 AM
livewell68

Quote:
Originally Posted by saints96 View Post
10$ says he ends up in Washington
He's not a big fan of Ovechkin and if you make this type of prediction then you have no idea about hockey pre-lockout.

Jagr and Washington Part 1 already happened and it wasn't a very good story and had a terrible ending.

Jagr didn't like the fans there and the fans didn't like him either. Jagr always talks well about Pittsburgh and New York but never even mentions Washington.

Old
06-20-2011, 09:15 AM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jags6868 View Post
He's not a big fan of Ovechkin and if you make this type of prediction then you have no idea about hockey pre-lockout.

Jagr and Washington Part 1 already happened and it wasn't a very good story and had a terrible ending.

Jagr didn't like the fans there and the fans didn't like him either. Jagr always talks well about Pittsburgh and New York but never even mentions Washington.
Just go on the Jagr thread in the Washington board.. They will not be pleased if he signs there.

Old
06-20-2011, 09:21 AM
Marchy79

Lidstrom just announced he's returning today...

IMO, this does not look good for any chances of Jagr/Habs

Old
06-20-2011, 09:22 AM
saints96

Quote:

ok 5$ he end up there .....take it easy bud, its just a harmless prediction.

Old
06-20-2011, 09:31 AM
livewell68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost # 1 View Post
Lidstrom just announced he's returning today...

IMO, this does not look good for any chances of Jagr/Habs
How do you know Jagr was waiting on Lidstrom to comeback.

Jagr's decision will hinge on him alone. He mentioned Montreal first and trust me on this, he will sign with them.

Jagr has always signed with teams where he felt more comfortable with the actual city and the players there than the actual caliber of the team.

Montreal has Plekanec and Plekanec will be the deciding factor. Book it.

Old
06-20-2011, 09:34 AM
Marchy79

Quote:

Jagr's decision will hinge on him alone. He mentioned Montreal first and trust me on this, he will sign with them.

Jagr has always signed with teams where he felt more comfortable with the actual city and the players there than the actual caliber of the team.

I wont lie, I hope you're right... But What has me thinking is not so much Jagr hinging on Lidstrom, but quite possibly the other way around.. Lidstrom hinging a return hearing Jagr is going to be a wing...

any how. IMO Jagr would be incredible as a Canadien.

Old
06-20-2011, 09:35 AM
Jakomyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowsingForACup View Post
If we're actually priorising a file like Hamrlik over a file like Jagr, we only deserve to keep finishing in the bottom-5 of the NHL for scoring.
That's not what the article says at all. The quote from Svobota says that PG will also be in touch with him about their intentions for Hamrlik this week, since he is his representative. Signing Hamrlik was never connected in any way to Jagr, except for the fact that they have the same agent.

Old
06-20-2011, 09:42 AM
livewell68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakomyte View Post
That's not what the article says at all. The quote from Svobota says that PG will also be in touch with him about their intentions for Hamrlik this week, since he is his representative. Signing Hamrlik was never connected in any way to Jagr, except for the fact that they have the same agent.
Exactly. People are making it sound like PG will only want to sign Hamrlik and not Jagr or that Jagr's decision lies on Hamrlik signing or not.

Signing Hamrlik does in no shape or from exclude Jagr from signing with the Habs. In fact if Hamrlik signs it's even more reason for Jagr to sign. More Czech presence = a happier Jagr.

Old
06-20-2011, 09:52 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Jagr might be coming, might not, but one thing is for sure, I take anything the JDM brings with a grain of salt. Especially with guys like Pedneault and DeFoy. The are known to jump to their own conclusions and changing English quotes to fit their interpretations.

When the political debate for the Quebec arena started, the JDM was highly slanted, it was the worst yellow journalism I've seen in years. Citizen Karl would've made Citizen Kane blush. That's why I don't trust anything that comes out of the JDM anymore. It's PKP's unofficial soapbox.

Old
06-20-2011, 10:00 AM
Max Levine

Quote:

Another factor about the return of Lidstrom is the fact that the Red Wings won't have to prioritize the signing of a defenseman. Jagr to Detroit before July 1st sounds more likely now.

I also noticed Plekanec saying he'd be happy if Jagr would sign with the Canadiens but that "there are other things he has to take into consideration". That doesn't sound too optimistic.

Old
06-20-2011, 10:02 AM
livewell68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Levine View Post
Another factor about the return of Lidstrom is the fact that the Red Wings won't have to prioritize the signing of a defenseman. Jagr to Detroit before July 1st sounds more likely now.

I also noticed Plekanec saying he'd be happy if Jagr would sign with the Canadiens but that "there are other things he has to take into consideration". That doesn't sound too optimistic.
All speculation.

What is Plekanec (who is an employee of the Habs) suppose to say? "Yes we are signing Jagr"?

I'm pretty sure it's part of the contract clause that things like this should not be revealed until the signing actually happens.

I bet if and then they sign Jagr, Plekanec will say something to the effect of "We knew we were going to sign him all along, we were just working out the loose ends."

There is now a new report on Rotoworld that says Detroit will not get into a bid war with any other team and that they can only possibly offer him 2 million. Montreal on the other hand is rumoured to be willing to give him 2.5 million.

Old
06-20-2011, 10:03 AM
Habs 1909

Quote:

You just mentioned that Jagr's decision will hinge on him alone, yet your propose that Jagr will sign with Montreal and that Plekanec will be the deciding factor. Contradicting yourself much?

Old
06-20-2011, 10:06 AM
ymorin007*

Send a message via MSN to ymorin007*
I'm wondering since Jagr said that he wanted to make a decision this past weekend and it seems nothing happen. If MTL are interested why waiting? Could he simply be a plan B and they want to test the open market? Salary shouldn't be a problem. What else?

Old
06-20-2011, 10:08 AM
neofury*

Quote:

If you're right I'll got nuts dude, I would kill to have a 1st line of:

Cammy-Plek-Jagr, I think they'd give other teams fits. Have fun trying to double cover Cammy see how that works for you now

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyG 91 View Post

You just mentioned that Jagr's decision will hinge on him alone, yet your propose that Jagr will sign with Montreal and that Plekanec will be the deciding factor. Contradicting yourself much?
I don't know, this seems a little bit like grasping at straws in order to make the guy look bad. Is it really that much of a contradiction saying the decision will be Jagr's decision and then saying that playing with Plek will be a the deciding factor? Nobody has said Plek was directly going to call Jagr and manipulate him People are just saying he'll sign here because he'll want to play with Plek. There's a big difference on a decision hinging on being manipulated by somebody, and a decision hinging on you deciding you want to play with that person yourself.

Nobody here is saying Jagr is going to be brainwashed into signing here. It is ultimately his own decision.

Last edited by neofury*: 06-20-2011 at 10:13 AM.
Old
06-20-2011, 10:10 AM
Dharvey33

Koivu was a good friend of Selannee but he never managed to get him to come to MTL. I'l believe it when he comes but i'm optimistic not confident optimistic.

Old
06-20-2011, 10:12 AM
livewell68

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyG 91 View Post

Jagr will decide at the end yes and he could even sign in Colorado who knows but Jagr has always gravitated towards Czech presence. Czech players play better when they are teamed up together and they are very partisan in that sense, even more than Russians are.

Look at every team that Jagr has ever played on, there was always at least that one (very good Czech center) or at least a player who had chemistry with him.

Lang, Straka, Hrdina (Nylander was Swede but got along with Jagr), this is why Montreal looks good for him. Plekanec would continue that trend.

Anyways Lidstrom signed on for one more season for 6 million at age 41. That would not sit well with Jagr playing for a team that has an older player getting paid 3 times as much as him.

Old
06-20-2011, 10:14 AM
Max Levine

Quote:
All speculation.

What is Plekanec (who is an employee of the Habs) suppose to say? "Yes we are signing Jagr"?
He didn't need to add a "but". As for speculating, the whole thread is about speculation

Old
06-20-2011, 10:14 AM
marcosolodolo

According to Tony Marinaro's twitter;

"In todays Journal de Mtl, journalist Marc De Foy says J.Jagr's agent Petr Svoboda says he called PGauthier but hes not interested in Jagr."

Old
06-20-2011, 10:15 AM
livewell68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharvey33 View Post
Koivu was a good friend of Selannee but he never managed to get him to come to MTL. I'l believe it when he comes but i'm optimistic not confident optimistic.
Koivu and Selanne are completely different than Jagr and Plekanec.

Did Koivu and Selanne finally not end up together in Anaheim?

Didn't Selanne and Karyia reunite in Colorado (despite the terrible results)?

Old
06-20-2011, 10:19 AM
Max Levine

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcosolodolo View Post

"In todays Journal de Mtl, journalist Marc De Foy says J.Jagr's agent Petr Svoboda says he called PGauthier but hes not interested in Jagr."
lol, poor Tony. Svoboda didn't say that at all.

Old
06-20-2011, 10:19 AM
livewell68

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcosolodolo View Post

JDM took English quotes and spun.

The actual article says that Svoboda is waiting on Hamrlik. He never said GP was not interested. Signing Hamrlik would not exclude Jagr from signing.

Montreal has Spacek, Plekanec and might have Hamrlik signed. Enough Czech presence to entice Jagr.

Old
06-20-2011, 10:20 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
he never will be coming here. i'd love to see it, but he won't.

also, jags6868, you will look very, very silly when that happens... although i'll say your optimism is contagious!

Closed Thread