HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Jagr interested to play in Montreal pt3

Closed Thread

Old
06-20-2011, 10:57 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexor View Post
I don't know. Czech media have him as the former D-man but they're generally full of idiots and are not to be trusted. There's indeed another agent named Petr Svoboda.
http://www.nhlpa.com/About-Us/Certified-Agents/

Petr Svoboda is one of the most frequent male names in the Czech Republic, kinda like Pierre Tremblay in Quebec.
I wonder if DeFoy was talking to this agent, imagining it was the same Svoboda who played with the Habs, yet it's not him (as the JDM as a footnote relating the two), or if DeFoy actually knows the Habs Svoboda and he really is Jagr's agent. That's what I'm wondering, cause DeFoy can seem a bit loony sometimes.

Old
06-20-2011, 11:02 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
I want Jagr to sign here more than ever now, not because of what Jagr will do on the ice but for what jags6868 will do for the Habs forum.
^ yeah that

Old
06-20-2011, 11:05 AM
PhysicX

vCash: 74
Honestly, DeFoy's article does not mention Hamrlik being a higher priority than Jagr.

In fact, all it says is Pierre Gauthier talked briefly with Svoboda in regards to Jagr and that, during their brief discussion, PG told Svoboda that he will let him know what are the plans with Roman Hamrlik sometime this week. That's all there is too it.

DeFoy inteprets this as a lack of interest from our organisation. I can't blame him, if I'd hear that, I'd look at it the same way. However, after reading more than 2000 posts on Jagr, I still believe there is something to it and that the habs want him. If I'm wrong, big deal. Doesn't hurt to believe

Old
06-20-2011, 11:08 AM
HomaridII

Real_ESPNLeBrun Pierre LeBrun
On the Jagr front: am told Detroit and Pittsburgh in the mix plus a few other teams but Habs according to source ``not so much anymore.''

Old
06-20-2011, 11:08 AM
Max Levine

About Petr Svoboda agent:

http://www.nhlpa.com/About-Us/Certif...px?AgentId=532

http://www.nhlpa.com/About-Us/Certif...px?AgentId=514

Add the other Petr Svoboda drafted by the Leafs who may or may not be an agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
I am starting to imagine a left side of our D made up of Hamrlik, Gill and Spacek: the oldest in the league !

Gorges, Subban, Weber and Yemelin on the right.

Subban and Weber would team up for the PP.
It just seems so weak to me without Markov or Wisniewski.

Old
06-20-2011, 11:09 AM
Marchy79

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicX View Post
Honestly, DeFoy's article does not mention Hamrlik being a higher priority than Jagr.

In fact, all it says is Pierre Gauthier talked briefly with Svoboda in regards to Jagr and that, during their brief discussion, PG told Svoboda that he will let him know what are the plans with Roman Hamrlik sometime this week. That's all there is too it.

DeFoy inteprets this as a lack of interest from our organisation. I can't blame him, if I'd hear that, I'd look at it the same way.
'Interpreting' is not stating fact though...

There is not enough fact in the statement to lead with the comment: 'Gauthier is NOT interested in Jaromir Jagr'

Old
06-20-2011, 11:10 AM
Max Levine

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
On the Jagr front: am told Detroit and Pittsburgh in the mix plus a few other teams but Habs according to source ``not so much anymore.''
I like Lebrun but one has to wonder, because of the timing, if his source couldn't be De Foy.

Old
06-20-2011, 11:10 AM
PhysicX

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
Guess who the source is? Marc De Foy or Yvon Pedneault, who both wrote an article today on Jagr?

LOL 'not so much anymore'.... meaning we still are a little bit?

Last edited by PhysicX: 06-20-2011 at 11:16 AM.
Old
06-20-2011, 11:11 AM
Habs514

It looks like we can almost put this behind us.

@Real_ESPNLeBrun
Pierre LeBrun

@Real_ESPNLeBrun
Pierre LeBrun
Jagr and his agent Petr Svoboda expected to huddle up in next hour to discuss their decision. Doesn't mean decision will be today
4 minutes ago via TweetDeck

Old
06-20-2011, 11:12 AM
livewell68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs514 View Post

@Real_ESPNLeBrun
Pierre LeBrun

@Real_ESPNLeBrun
Pierre LeBrun
Jagr and his agent Petr Svoboda expected to huddle up in next hour to discuss their decision. Doesn't mean decision will be today
Read the previous posts. DeFoy looks to be the source.

Old
06-20-2011, 11:13 AM
Canadian_Brewtality

lol, you guys kill me

keep on grasping

Old
06-20-2011, 11:14 AM
PhysicX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs514 View Post

@Real_ESPNLeBrun
Pierre LeBrun
Finally! Let's see where 'Kral Jagr' ends up! Maybe we won't reach part 4 after all

Old
06-20-2011, 11:15 AM
icerocket

Jagr isn't becoming a Hab.

Old
06-20-2011, 11:17 AM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

honnestly if Jagr sign in MTL this week or soon his agent wouldn't have said to Defoy : '' The Habs are very interest in Jagr''. He is aware that saying something like that would have create a monster and everyone in Montreal would have call him for more infos.

Old
06-20-2011, 11:18 AM
Max Levine

Quote:
Finally! Let's see where 'Kral Jagr' ends up! Maybe we won't reach part 4 after all
If Jagr signs elsewhere, I'm hoping for Mario to tell a reporter that he would like to play with Plekanec. And here we go again

Old
06-20-2011, 11:28 AM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

Folks, we already have Jagr

Old
06-20-2011, 11:30 AM
LeMAD

Those rumors were based on nothing from the start. Jagr is not going to be a Hab. End of story.

Old
06-20-2011, 11:31 AM
livewell68

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD View Post
Those rumors were based on nothing from the start. Jagr is not going to be a Hab. End of story.
Based on nothing eh? Jagr saying he would like Montreal. His agent saying Montreal was on his wish list?

Do you have a direct link to where Jagr says he's not saying in Montreal?

Has it been made official? Or do you prefer being this pessimistic?

Old
06-20-2011, 11:32 AM
Shutdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by jags6868 View Post
Read the previous posts. DeFoy looks to be the source.
How in the world did you come to this conclusion? Lebrun is a big enough player in the media to have his own sources without having to rely on Marc DeFoy.

Old
06-20-2011, 11:34 AM
Kriss E

I hope he can sign, anywhere, soon so we can put this stupid subject at rest.

Old
06-20-2011, 11:38 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:

DeFoy inteprets this as a lack of interest from our organisation. I can't blame him, if I'd hear that, I'd look at it the same way.
Not if you consider how the Habs are. If they are interested, knowing how they usually work ie secrecy, they probably told the agent to keep it low profile.

So one way or another, we don't know, and we won't until he signs with someone, or if the habs don't have anymore cap space.

Quote:
However, after reading more than 2000 posts on Jagr, I still believe there is something to it and that the habs want him. If I'm wrong, big deal. Doesn't hurt to believe
I like your spirit. Although about that bolded part, some people hurt from believing and then getting let down. Those kinda people, they come around every so often, and they act all crazy, they say things like "don't get your hopes up", "it'll never happen" "you'll only end-up dissapointed". Somewhere, somewhen in their lives, they lived a dissapointment that was so huge, it made any other aspect of life painted with negative outcomes. These people live in a world where nothing is possible, because they simply failed at the primary evolutionary step which is, if you get down, you get up again. If you fail, you get up and try again. And how to do this? Hope. They rejoice in the fact that if they don't try, they'll never fail, while other people find solace in the fact that if they keep trying, they will succeed.

Old
06-20-2011, 11:38 AM
livewell68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutdown View Post
How in the world did you come to this conclusion? Lebrun is a big enough player in the media to have his own sources without having to rely on Marc DeFoy.
DeFoy represents the Montreal media. They were the first to break out this supposed story of GP not being interested in Jagr.

It started simply because Jagr's agent said that GP will decide soon and that they will talk again. His agent mentions Hamrlik (who is another player who Svoboda represents) as being a priority right now to sign.

This in no way implies that GP is no longer interested in Jagr. In fact it can mean that both will be signed by Montreal

So the rest of these so-called sources took their source from the Montreal media, most likely DeFoy.

Old
06-20-2011, 12:01 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutdown View Post
So how can one day a team be a front runner, and the next pretty much out of the picture?
You know what rumors are, it's someone saying something, that is filtered through another person, or two, three, four, five...and then put out. Unless it comes straight from someone of either camp (the agent, the player, GM)
If a team is a front runner, that means both camp have discussed things. It's not like they're negotiating a huge merger of two big corporations where tons and tons of things need to be looked at.
We're talking about a little contract likely set over a year, involving a couple millions. I don't see what can change so drastically that would make a team a front runner and then out of the picture a few days later.

I don't care what is true anymore, so much as it ends soon.

Old
06-20-2011, 12:15 PM
macavoy

vCash: 243
What journalist say on twitter doesn't = journalism imo.

When Lebrun writes it in an article, then it goes through the proper channels, he either cites another article as his source, or he has his own "confidential" source that his editor has vetted.

But what he says on twitter is basically a rumour and there isn't any journalistic integrity to it even though its being said by a legit person.

Old
06-20-2011, 12:36 PM
Shutdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
So how can one day a team be a front runner, and the next pretty much out of the picture?
You know what rumors are, it's someone saying something, that is filtered through another person, or two, three, four, five...and then put out. Unless it comes straight from someone of either camp (the agent, the player, GM)
If a team is a front runner, that means both camp have discussed things. It's not like they're negotiating a huge merger of two big corporations where tons and tons of things need to be looked at.
We're talking about a little contract likely set over a year, involving a couple millions. I don't see what can change so drastically that would make a team a front runner and then out of the picture a few days later.

I don't care what is true anymore, so much as it ends soon.
The only guy who said the Habs were a front runner is Jesse Spector from the New York Daily News. Hardly a big name in terms of breaking NHL news.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/n...ory?id=6672235
Lebrun never said anything about the Habs being front-runners. He quoted Svoboda who said he had talked to Montreal, never specifying how the talks went.

I'm not against Jagr to Montreal, I'd absolutely love it. But people are grasping at straws here.

Closed Thread