Federal Hockey League

Closed Thread

Old
06-15-2011, 06:57 AM
billycanuck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Men Rule View Post
LMAO, are you for real here? They DON'T have a locker room? Wow, this is destined for disaster. I honestly see no reason for these turkeys to go ahead on this venture. Where will they dress before games and meet at intermission? The nearest 7-11?!

they will probably just use a regular dressing room for games and practices. But the players will probably have to bring their gear home with them if they want to dry it out. Seems a little beer league'ish.

Old
06-15-2011, 07:42 AM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by billycanuck View Post

they will probably just use a regular dressing room for games and practices. But the players will probably have to bring their gear home with them if they want to dry it out. Seems a little beer league'ish.
This is becoming a joke. I have a hunch we may not see this team, if we do they won't last all year in my opinion.

Do these FHL Guys have other jobs and have to drive to road games like in the AAHL or is it more of a bus league team travel like the CHL, ECHL and AHL?

I loved how this article was off base, dude in his explination made it sound like it's realistic to think many of these guys in this league are ECHL/AHL/NHL bound. Nobody will maje the N, almost nobody will make the A, a couple may make the E though. Isn't this league like the UHL in the fact it's mostly guys who are at the tale end of their careers just trying to hang on?!

Old
06-15-2011, 11:37 AM
billycanuck

Quote:
This is becoming a joke. I have a hunch we may not see this team, if we do they won't last all year in my opinion.

Do these FHL Guys have other jobs and have to drive to road games like in the AAHL or is it more of a bus league team travel like the CHL, ECHL and AHL?

I loved how this article was off base, dude in his explination made it sound like it's realistic to think many of these guys in this league are ECHL/AHL/NHL bound. Nobody will maje the N, almost nobody will make the A, a couple may make the E though. Isn't this league like the UHL in the fact it's mostly guys who are at the tale end of their careers just trying to hang on?!
From what I have heard, the league is better than the AAHL in terms of travel and pay. Broome County ran into salary problems, but it was corrected and the players were moved to Cape Cod.

Players travel on chartered buses, not in their own vehicles for away games.

Has anyone checked out their fan forum? It is starting to get entertaining.

Old
06-15-2011, 07:11 PM
Cornwall OHL
That's my O face.

Quote:
Players travel on chartered buses, not in their own vehicles for away games.

Has anyone checked out their fan forum? It is starting to get entertaining.
My buddy played with Akwesasne, said it was a charter bus, but think of it more like the bus the Cleveland Indians took in the movie Major League 2.

Old
06-16-2011, 07:39 AM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornwall OHL View Post
Damn I did find it before... I just didn't think it would look that crappy. I have seen children in grade 4 make better websites. If this was like fifteen years ago, that forum would be totally acceptable.
Wonder if the website was made by the same people who made the Nationals website?!

Old
06-16-2011, 11:28 AM
Cornwall OHL
That's my O face.

Quote:
Wonder if the website was made by the same people who made the Nationals website?!
Wouldn't you hire someone with such obvious web talent?

Old
06-16-2011, 02:48 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornwall OHL View Post
Wouldn't you hire someone with such obvious web talent?
Oh yeah, my dream has always been to be an owner and be a part of that exclusive rare group where my team folds before ever playing a game.

Old
06-16-2011, 03:46 PM
Cornwall OHL
That's my O face.

Quote:
Oh yeah, my dream has always been to be an owner and be a part of that exclusive rare group where my team folds before ever playing a game.
You did get a chance to take part in an expansion draft where only two of the three expansion teams drafted. Or was that a dispersal draft? I don't know and I don't think the league decided either.

Old
06-16-2011, 03:52 PM
minorleaguehockey
Rookie User

There are afew different people doing the leagues sites. There is a new guy that has done the Warriors, Rock Crushers, Privateers, Whalers, Outlaws and I think one or two more sites redesigns.

I dont believe he has anything to do with the league site but he should!

Old
06-20-2011, 08:43 AM
eggy2486
Hitman #6

New Thousand Islands coach. He talks a good game, hopefully he can deliver, last year's team was pretty strong, hopefully they can continue the good scouting.

Old
06-20-2011, 11:26 AM
billycanuck

League is having their AGM today and tomorrow.
http://thefederalhockeyleague.points...box/news_27888
Quote:
The Federal Hockey League will hold its Annual Meeting on Monday June 20th and Tuesday June 21st. The meeting will be held at The Inn at the Fairgrounds in Syracuse New York. The meeting has a busy schedule with Operating Rules, Playing Rules, Scheduling, Officiating, Insurance and presentations from several vendors. A recap of the meetings (closed to the public) will be available on our web site by June 24th. Thanks for your continued interest in the Federal Hockey League. Don't forget to sign up for our newsletters and Press Releases on our web site, www.thefhl.net
I wonder if the vendors will be bus companies for Danville trying to be the official carrier of the western conference.

Old
06-20-2011, 05:19 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
League is having their AGM today and tomorrow.
http://thefederalhockeyleague.points...box/news_27888

I wonder if the vendors will be bus companies for Danville trying to be the official carrier of the western conference.
Meetings closed to the public? But I think "the public" knows as much as the league knows about their league...

Old
06-20-2011, 05:37 PM
billycanuck

Quote:
Meetings closed to the public? But I think "the public" knows as much as the league knows about their league...

Oh how true.

Looks like the league is hanging on to the Frenzy, but dropping the "Rome". Probably hoping to relocate the franchise in Season 3.

Old
06-20-2011, 05:48 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:

Oh how true.

Looks like the league is hanging on to the Frenzy, but dropping the "Rome". Probably hoping to relocate the franchise in Season 3.
Saw that on the FHL Forums....

and Rome was telling us it was the Nationals franchise now....but the league nver mentioned this whole matter.

Also interesting that(if you looked in the right places)you saw that Green Mountain held their camp a week ago but the league didn't mention that, according to the league they are dead(though not true)

Old
06-21-2011, 10:21 AM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

Mod note: Please DO NOT post links to other forums as the source of your news. Either go to the source, or research and get the information to post here. TIA.

Old
06-21-2011, 10:30 AM
billycanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyStanley View Post
Mod note: Please DO NOT post links to other forums as the source of your news. Either go to the source, or research and get the information to post here. TIA.
Apologies Lady Stanley.
However,
The FHL is posting its own news in its own forums. The front office for the FHL is posting under the "FederalHockey" name in the forum, therefore it is technically official news since it is coming from the FHL front office, not a forum member.

Old
06-21-2011, 01:47 PM
Fugu

vCash:
Quote:
Apologies Lady Stanley.
However,
The FHL is posting its own news in its own forums. The front office for the FHL is posting under the "FederalHockey" name in the forum, therefore it is technically official news since it is coming from the FHL front office, not a forum member.
Why wouldn't they post their news/updates on the main website?

We don't allow links to other forums, especially as news sources. It leaves open to question who the users are that are considered insiders/sources over there.

Old
06-21-2011, 02:09 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

http://thefederalhockeyleague.points...ague/press-box

The above link is the "archived" news. Nothing has been posted since 6/18 summarizing the League meetings.

(There is no information under the "news" tab on their front page, and above the "Archived News" in the "Press Box" tab are links to a number of aggregator news sites, e.g., "Our Sports Central".)

Old
06-21-2011, 02:18 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugu View Post
Why wouldn't they post their news/updates on the main website?

We don't allow links to other forums, especially as news sources. It leaves open to question who the users are that are considered insiders/sources over there.
Because it's A Hockey. There is a reason why other then the SPHL it doesn't seem to work in the long term. The AAHL last season was posting every update on Facebook instead of their main website...

Old
06-21-2011, 02:25 PM
Fugu

vCash:
Quote:
Because it's A Hockey. There is a reason why other then the SPHL it doesn't seem to work in the long term. The AAHL last season was posting every update on Facebook instead of their main website...

That's fine too, but my point is that we accept something that is clearly associated/owned by the originator. A forum poster can have names that look official, or as personnel change, someone else gets to "post" official news. Our own standard is that we aren't the source of news either, but for our own site we do accept information from insiders whom we've vetted. We don't know other fora's processes, nor will we invest the time to investigate/update.

If, as LS has said, the news is readily available on the main site, there's no need to dig through forum posts to find it.

Old
06-21-2011, 02:28 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugu View Post
That's fine too, but my point is that we accept something that is clearly associated/owned by the originator. A forum poster can have names that look official, or as personnel change, someone else gets to "post" official news. Our own standard is that we aren't the source of news either, but for our own site we do accept information from insiders whom we've vetted. We don't know other fora's processes, nor will we invest the time to investigate/update.

If, as LS has said, the news is readily available on the main site, there's no need to dig through forum posts to find it.
Oh fair enough, I totally understand. I was just explaining the updates on the website part and how i'm not shocked by the lack of updates through the league itself.

Old
06-21-2011, 03:40 PM
billycanuck

I didn't mean to stir up any dust. But was just pointing out that the league is using their forum for official league news. No lie.

I hope you can all see the point I was loosely trying to make about how poorly this league is being run.

Apologies to FUGU and Lady Stanley for not following protocol or at least explaining the post better.

Anyways, back to hockey....

In the last 7 days, here are some signings:
Danbury re-signs 32 year old Lynn Beedle. (USA)

Danville signs 40 year old, F Jason Michelson (USA)

Danville signs 26 year old, F Michal Findura (Slovakia)

Danville signs 26 year old , D Marek Jancek(Slovakia)

Old
06-21-2011, 04:00 PM
billycanuck

Veteran signing by 1000 Islands;

D Jeff Winchester
Played 53 ECHL games, won 2 SPHL Championships, and played in the Dutch Eredivisie

Old
06-21-2011, 04:14 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

That Danville signing is bizarre(that 40 year old)the guy according to Hockey DB played 7 games in 08-09 for Danbury. I was wondering if he was a guy who bounced around AA and what not, wonder where they cae across him? Not everyday you find vets like that....

Old
06-21-2011, 04:34 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

Quote:
That Danville signing is bizarre(that 40 year old)the guy according to Hockey DB played 7 games in 08-09 for Danbury. I was wondering if he was a guy who bounced around AA and what not, wonder where they cae across him? Not everyday you find vets like that....

Could be a player/coach signing.

Closed Thread