Nathan Horton Symptom Free

Old
06-20-2011, 11:33 AM
KnightofBoston
MVP

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perrah View Post
Pathetic is thinking Pacioretty was faking or the doctors were exaggerating the injury in the first place because every severe concussion has to be marc savard or patrice bergeron like.
I think people in general have become more aware of the complexity of concussions now through all of this. None of us (rational) bruins fans ever blamed Max for any of that

the problem we had was the organization and other non-hab organizations whining and crying for Chara's head.

THAT is the difference.

KnightofBoston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 11:36 AM
Confound
-Vindicated-

Great to hear, can't wait till the home opener already.

Confound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 11:46 AM
GloryDaze4877
Thanks Burkie!!

Quote:
Pathetic is thinking Pacioretty was faking or the doctors were exaggerating the injury in the first place because every severe concussion has to be marc savard or patrice bergeron like.
I think the reason that people thought Pax's injuries were being exaggerated is because it was reported in some areas that he was at death's door, inches from death, etc., after the hit...and then was tweeting away a couple of days later. When you add in the idiocy of the 911 stuff from some MTL fans, it tainted the whole incident.

Horton was released from the hospital the next day, and there were never any claims that he had suffered anything more than a big hit to the head.

GloryDaze4877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 11:53 AM
Jean_Jacket41
Neely = HOF

Excellent news.

Jean_Jacket41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 11:56 AM
IRON JELLY*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDaze4877 View Post
I think the reason that people thought Pax's injuries were being exaggerated is because it was reported in some areas that he was at death's door, inches from death, etc., after the hit...and then was tweeting away a couple of days later. When you add in the idiocy of the 911 stuff from some MTL fans, it tainted the whole incident.

Horton was released from the hospital the next day, and there were never any claims that he had suffered anything more than a big hit to the head.
The reports about Pacioretty being "inches from death" were probably more to do with his neck injury than the concussion.

ie. If the fracture happened a fraction of an inch lower/higher/whatever, he could have died/been paralyzed..etc.

I really don't remember any reports about him being at death's door, haha. Maybe whichever HF poster told you about such articles, was exaggerating?

IRON JELLY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 11:58 AM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HERE COMES SLEDGE View Post
The reports about Pacioretty being "inches from death" were probably more to do with his neck injury than the concussion.

ie. If the fracture happened a fraction of an inch lower/higher/whatever, he could have died/been paralyzed..etc.

I really don't remember any reports about him being at death's door, haha. Maybe whichever HF poster told you about such articles, was exaggerating?
....or we read tweets about it from the Montreal media right after it happened?

Kate08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 11:59 AM
bigbadbruin77

great news. looking forward to seeing him next season at 100%

bigbadbruin77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 12:03 PM
IRON JELLY*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
....or we read tweets about it from the Montreal media right after it happened?
Read tweets about what? That he was at death's door?

All the early reports from that night were that he was stable in hospital, alert, moving limbs..etc

Old
06-20-2011, 12:04 PM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Read tweets about what? That he was at death's door?

All the early reports from that night were that he was stable in hospital, alert, moving limbs..etc
I'm not going to argue this point with you because I don't even think it's possible to go back that far on Twitter, but there were plenty of folks calling for the general public to get the prayer candles out for a vigil.

Old
06-20-2011, 12:04 PM
PJ1991

Quote:
What are you talking about? You're the first person to even mention his name in this thread. Lets keep this about Nathan.

PJ1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 12:06 PM
WickedNikes

good news...but it doesn't mean much until he gets back in the weight room or on a bike or on the ice doing drills. if he can stay symptom free through training, then i'll breathe a sigh of relief. after savy it's just too soon for me to be relieved at this point.

WickedNikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 12:08 PM
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
No headaches.. with all the drinking they have been doing... Horton is the friggin man.

Morris Wanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 12:13 PM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:

How about the fact that the Canadian Governement felt the need to get involved, a police investigation was initiated, and sponsors wrote threatening letters to the NHl stating they would pull sponsership if something wasn't done immediately before someone died?

The incident was turned into a circus, an unprecented circus doe the the supposed severity of Pacioretty's injuries. There were comparisons to the Chris Reeves injury, claims from reliable media sources that he may never play again, claims from his own doctors that a quick return was impossible:

Yet it was confirmed he was ready to come back just one short month later. Immobilized for a long time? What, a day? He went to the bloody theater a week later fer chrissakes.

I wouldn't be surprised if his doctors did actually post on HFboards though, so you may still have a point. Funny the same venom seems to have disappeared when a non Canadien is the one getting hit however, be it Nathan Horton or Mason Raymond. Hell, they didn't even come to close to going that far overboard when Crosby got nailed.

Kaoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 12:16 PM
IRON JELLY*

Quote:
I'm not going to argue this point with you because I don't even think it's possible to go back that far on Twitter, but there were plenty of folks calling for the general public to get the prayer candles out for a vigil.
Riight. Twitter comments, moments after the hit occurred. I saw the same sort of comments after Horton's hit. Knee-jerk reactions.

I'm talking about credible media sources from later that night, or the morning after, when more information was available.

Old
06-20-2011, 12:21 PM
Kovi
Kafka and Hockey

funny. max seemed to be ok tweeting from the movie theater.

Kovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 12:25 PM
IRON JELLY*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovi View Post
funny. max seemed to be ok tweeting from the movie theater.
Funny, Nathan seemed to be ok texting people and waving to the crowd in Boston.

Look, if Boston fans/media/players want to call out Pacioretty and the Habs for supposedly exaggerating an injury, then they have to be prepared to get called out for exaggerating Horton's, whether it's true or not.

It's pretty simple.

Old
06-20-2011, 12:30 PM
IRON JELLY*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
How about the fact that the Canadian Governement felt the need to get involved, a police investigation was initiated, and sponsors wrote threatening letters to the NHl stating they would pull sponsership if something wasn't done immediately before someone died?

The incident was turned into a circus, an unprecented circus doe the the supposed severity of Pacioretty's injuries. There were comparisons to the Chris Reeves injury, claims from reliable media sources that he may never play again, claims from his own doctors that a quick return was impossible:

Yet it was confirmed he was ready to come back just one short month later. Immobilized for a long time? What, a day? He went to the bloody theater a week later fer chrissakes.

I wouldn't be surprised if his doctors did actually post on HFboards though, so you may still have a point. Funny the same venom seems to have disappeared when a non Canadien is the one getting hit however, be it Nathan Horton or Mason Raymond. Hell, they didn't even come to close to going that far overboard when Crosby got nailed.
From that arcticle -

"That Pacioretty was talking and moving all extremities after being slammed head first into a post suggests the fracture, said to be undisplaced or stable, was not so serious.

But without more information, doctors on the sidelines say it's too early to reach a prognosis"

That report is pretty much saying the injury isn't very serious. Holy exaggeration on their part!

Doctors who aren't involved in the treatment of Pacioretty say it's too early to reach a prognosis.

That quote you handpicked from the article? From one of those Doctors on the sidelines.

Old
06-20-2011, 12:31 PM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Riight. Twitter comments, moments after the hit occurred. I saw the same sort of comments after Horton's hit. Knee-jerk reactions.

I'm talking about credible media sources from later that night, or the morning after, when more information was available.
And credible media sources don't use twitter and/or make statements? Knee-jerk reactions or not, the knee-jerk reactions after the Horton hit were night and day as compared to the knee-jerk reactions after the Pacioretty hit.

FFS, are you people ever going to let this go? I guarantee you that had your media, fans, and government not reacted the way it did, there would not have been the backlash against the severity of his injury. Boston fans never called 911. Our team/police did not launch an investigation on Rome. Our government/ownership did not get involved with sponsorship arrangements. The Bruins made their statement where it counted, on the scoreboard.

I (like most other B's fans) are happy that he's (Pacioretty) recovering and will be able to play again. But Jesus Christ. Cry moar. Waaaaaaah.

Old
06-20-2011, 12:33 PM
patty59

Quote:
Funny, Nathan seemed to be ok texting people and waving to the crowd in Boston.

Look, if Boston fans/media/players want to call out Pacioretty and the Habs for supposedly exaggerating an injury, then they have to be prepared to get called out for exaggerating Horton's, whether it's true or not.

It's pretty simple.
We didn't flood 911 with calls and hold a rally.

Well, I guess we did hold a rally, but for a different reason.

patty59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 12:34 PM
rudos1

Great news see you in training camp Nathan!

rudos1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 12:35 PM
lopey

Great News, what is really a blessing now is that he does not have to face game action until September so he can heal.

lopey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 12:37 PM
KnightofBoston
MVP

Quote:
The Bruins made their statement where it counted, on the scoreboard.
Which is more than we can say for the Habs in their "revenge" game

Amen to that sister!

KnightofBoston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 12:43 PM
Neely08

Awesome news. Maybe the cup has healing powers.

Glad to see habs fans concern on the matter. Really touching. Especially considering what I saw in their GDT and elsewhere when the Horton hit occurred.

Does anyone else find it annoying that they try and draw parallels between the Chara push, and actual head shots like Savard, Horton, and Bergeron?

No one called 911 or kept their kids out of school when Gomez rammed Chris Kelly's face into a goal post. Just perplexing.

You guys are just begging to have something to really cry a/b. Being owned by the Bruins in the playoffs, no matter how much officials catered to your diving, is punishment enough I think. How humiliating.

Do you think Halpern texted that Nucks player that tried to decapitate himself w/ the buttend of TT's stick in game 7? I swear it was like beating the habs twice in one playoff run. And com'on, Burrows was just born to be a hab, you know they'll move heaven and earth at some point to acquire him.

Neely08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 12:53 PM
doubleminor138
Call me Snake

vCash: 50
GLad to hear Horton is doing well. Of course, until team doctors actually say he's symptom free I will temper the optimism.

A true fan who will always be remembered.
doubleminor138 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 12:54 PM
KillerKampfer*

Awesome news, I thought it might be bad enough to carry over a little and make Nasty Nate change his game. Looks like him and Looch should be kickin ass and taking names next year again.

KillerKampfer* is offline   Reply With Quote