HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pacioretty re-signs (2 years)

Old
06-20-2011, 10:37 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Good to hear he'll signed for the next 2 years, hope to see him pot 30 next season!
I'm with you on this one. 30 seems like a realistic goal for Patches to shoot for.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 10:39 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
I'm with you on this one. 30 seems like a realistic goal for Patches to shoot for.
You're a true cunning linguist

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 10:40 AM
overlords
Hfboards

Seemed like a bit much, but nothing worth crying about. Good deal. Would have rathered 3 years, though.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 10:42 AM
ScopeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Seemed like a bit much, but nothing worth crying about. Good deal. Would have rathered 3 years, though.
I didn't know Moderators had the authority to invent verbs .

ScopeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 10:43 AM
Belso

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScopeHockey View Post
Renaud Lavoie reporting 1.5 and 1.75. So cap hit is just over 1.6.
Nice to hear.. Too bad it was not longer, but he's got time to prove what he can do in those 2 years.. Bring on next season already!

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 10:43 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
You're a true cunning linguist
Nice, do you kiss your mother with that mouth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
I was hoping to see 3 years as well. Overall though, I don't think we can complain about the signing.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 10:44 AM
Marchy79

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMTL View Post
Just reading his twitter account and from past training camps, i'm sure MaxPac will come to camp in GREAT shape. He seems like one of those players who are just so professional and serious about their off season training.
True... He also sounded SO PUMPED in the interview he had about a month ago (back when he said he wanted to be on the Gio/Gomer line).

He explained what he wanted to do this offseason, which was add some more explosiveness off the hop (as well as front end speed)...

He could be a fantastic piece to this club going forwrd...

IMO he was really getting white hot for a while, but his game is simply awesome, and entertaining to watch!

IMO he CAN be a star in this league someday... He has what it takes.

Marchy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 10:45 AM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScopeHockey View Post
I didn't know Moderators had the authority to invent verbs .
Oi. Leave me be, I've been studying for a physics exam for like 12 hours straight.

Infractions are forthcoming.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 10:48 AM
HamrlikTheStud*

Good deal, imagined it 2 years at 1,3 or 1,5M/per, so 1,625M is fair enough to me...

People really need to lower their expectations though. Seriously. 20G/20A/40PTS next season for him and I'll be very happy about his offensive output.

We'll have to see what comes next. If the salary cap actually grows to 64M a year, I'd be intrigued by the possibility of letting one of Markov and Wisniewski walk, and explore other options, especially up front.

I'd be fine with a d-core consisting of:

Markov - Subban - Spacek - Gorges - Emelin - Gill - Weber - Diaz

IF Markov was to stay healthy, signs for nothing more than what he does right now, and IF we were to sign a combo of 2 of the following up front:

Cole, Laich, Gagné or Jagr + Kopecky, Upshall, Larose or Ward

HamrlikTheStud* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 10:51 AM
Canadian_Brewtality

sweet deal
well worth it soncidering we were basically paying pouliot the same amount

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 11:05 AM
habitue*

MaxPac and Nilan were signing autographs in a gatineau's sports shop during the week-end.

Max confessed to the media that he turned off his TV at the end of the last Bos-Van game because he did't want to see Chara and the Bruins with the Cup.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 11:08 AM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
Good deal. I'm just glad to see him back for at least two more years with the Habs. Perhaps two full seasons played = two 30 goal campaigns? We'll have to wait and see, but I sure as hell hope so.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 11:11 AM
HamrlikTheStud*

Guys, bring your hopes down. SERIOUSLY. It's just like Higgins a couple of seasons ago, where people all over the streets and the medias were calling him a sure-fire 30 goals powerforward.

Pacioretty had a good stretch, it doesn't mean anything more than he proved he had the potential to be a great top-6 player. That being said, he's still only 22/23 and I'm not expecting him to break the 30 goals barrier this season, unless Gauthier makes drastic adjustments to our forward depth, which I doubt very much.

HamrlikTheStud* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 11:17 AM
yianik

I like it alot . I think this means that after his contract is up hed have 2 more years as an RFA, which would be great because wed have lots of leverage to sign him to a long term deal. Even if its 1 year left wed still have some leverage, just dont want a young guy (who has proven himself) turning ufa.

yianik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 11:27 AM
Max Levine

Good deal. As long as it's more than 1 year as he will have to deal with Price, Subban, AK and Eller already next summer.

Max Levine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 11:41 AM
Bob Cole

perfect terms....good job Gauthier.

Like a lot of folks here, I see Patches breaking the 30 goal mark this year.

Bob Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 12:29 PM
Asamu

My biggest concern with Pacioretti is will he play like he was playing right before his injury? I remember a certain Zednik who changed radically after an open ice concussion. Perhaps he will avoid going on the glass no-glass part of the rink.

I guess that he didn't have a 3 years deal because nobody knows if his game has changed or if he will play the exact same way. In the 2007 draft I was really high concerning him and it's actually one of our best draft since a long time. I hope we'll draft well like we did in 2007.

Asamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 12:31 PM
ThaDevilGirl

I hope Max never says he sees himself as "a 40-40 type of player". That would be the end of him.

ThaDevilGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 12:35 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asamu View Post
My biggest concern with Pacioretti is will he play like he was playing right before his injury? I remember a certain Zednik who changed radically after an open ice concussion. Perhaps he will avoid going on the glass no-glass part of the rink.

I guess that he didn't have a 3 years deal because nobody knows if his game has changed or if he will play the exact same way. In the 2007 draft I was really high concerning him and it's actually one of our best draft since a long time. I hope we'll draft well like we did in 2007.
Zednik had his two best years after that hit.

bcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 12:36 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy munson View Post
I like this team's future: G-Price, D-Subban and F-MaxPax. Happy about the signing!
It's a start but the Habs have to add to them before we can speak of a bright future. Other teams have deeper cores of young, talented players.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 12:38 PM
FrankMTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asamu View Post

I thought Zednik played really well coming off that injury? It was in the 2002 playoffs. This is what he did the two years after it..

2001-02 Montreal Canadiens NHL 82 22 22 44
2002-03 Montreal Canadiens NHL 80 31 19 50
2003-04 Montreal Canadiens NHL 81 26 24 50

FrankMTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 12:49 PM
holyhabs87

vCash: 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl View Post
I hope Max never says he sees himself as "a 40-40 type of player". That would be the end of him.
at least nobody has mentioned he will be our future captain yet.

anyways, very solid deal. good job pg

holyhabs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 12:55 PM
PhysicX

vCash: 74
It is a very solid deal, cuz this guy seems to be a great fit with Gomez and Gionta. All-American line, speedy and who knows. Might give Gomez a break next year and see his stats improve by a considerable amount.

PhysicX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 12:59 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowsingForACup View Post
Guys, bring your hopes down. SERIOUSLY. It's just like Higgins a couple of seasons ago, where people all over the streets and the medias were calling him a sure-fire 30 goals powerforward.

Pacioretty had a good stretch, it doesn't mean anything more than he proved he had the potential to be a great top-6 player. That being said, he's still only 22/23 and I'm not expecting him to break the 30 goals barrier this season, unless Gauthier makes drastic adjustments to our forward depth, which I doubt very much.
First of all, MaxPac and Higgins are different players on and off the ice.
Max takes his training very, very seriously, much like Subban.

Second, they didn't have the same progression, at all. Higgins had two good years in the AHL, although never dominated with 1pt/gp pace, and then made the jump to the NHL. He had a good rookie year potting 23. He followed that by putting up 22Goals next season but over only 60GP. He brought that total up to 27 the following season.
Habs fans weren't wrong to believe Higgins could reach 30.
He had a rough start the following year, with 9pts in 17gp, and then got injured. He never came back to form and then the rumors of being a party animal came out, and we all remember what happened during the 08-09 season.
But it wasn't far fetched for Higgins to put up 30goals.

MaxPac had a rougher start to his NHL career. He had a decent rookie year in the AHL but only scored 6goals. He was kept with the team the following season, and it was obvious, his offensive touch needed much, much work. He was sent back down after 50ish games, still struggled a bit scoring only 2 in 18, but also suffered an injury.
Last year, he came into the AHL with much more confidence, dominated by scoring 17 in 27 on top of averaging more than 1pt/gp. He earned his call up this time around and disappointed none by scoring 14g 27pts in 37gp.

I wouldn't jump straight to a 30goal mark. I think it'd be wise to start with a 20goal expectation, but I don't think you can compare him and Higgins.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 01:00 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Can't wait to see a full season of Pacioretty! He was becoming my favorite player!

Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote