HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Col-Van

Old
06-20-2011, 02:05 AM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post
the Nuck fan always overvalue their player.

What was the price for Andrej Meszaros signed for 4 years ? a 2nd round.
The price for cammalerri to the flame for one years? a 17th overall

Eldler is signed for only 2 years, before he is UFA eligible.

Dont forget that at this time of the years draft pick worth a bit more, and signed player worth a bit less (since there is a lot of UFA around).

So at this time of the year, i think the 11th overall alone is a fair offer for a Edler signed for 2 years.

I can understand they would say not, then Colorado can still go after any UFA

LickTheEnvelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 02:10 AM
GCM
Stork

I doubt the Avs and Nucks trade any big pieces.. like ever. Chance of burning yourself is too high within the division.

GCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 02:10 AM
NotAPuckBunny

Quote:

Dont forget that at this time of the years draft pick worth a bit more, and signed player worth a bit less (since there is a lot of UFA around).

So at this time of the year, i think the 11th overall alone is a fair offer for a Edler signed for 2 years.

Not sure if serious...

NotAPuckBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 02:43 AM
Tiranis

Well, since 11th overall is fair value for Edler. I'm going to guess that our 29th overall + 60th overall is worth EJ. Do we have a deal?

Tiranis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 02:50 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Stop the stupidity, Edler is better than #11 period. With that been said, and with our teams history there is no way we'll trade anytime in the near future.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 02:52 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
Well, since 11th overall is fair value for Edler. I'm going to guess that our 29th overall + 60th overall is worth EJ. Do we have a deal?
What's the point of answering one bad proposal with another one, you won't win the argument based on it, other guy will make another ridiculous proposal and so on, and so on.

Old
06-20-2011, 02:54 AM
Tiranis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
What's the point of answering one bad proposal with another one, you won't win the argument based on it, other guy will make another ridiculous proposal and so on, and so on.
Just having some fun. Relax.

Tiranis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 02:54 AM
AmazingNuck

Quote:

New proposal:

To Colorado: Andrej Meszaros
To Philly: 11th overall pick

or

To Colorado: Free agents

The only player other than Duchene that I would have traded Edler for was maybe Stewart but we all know how that worked out.

AmazingNuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 03:01 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
Just having some fun. Relax.
I'm sorry if it seemed rude. Most of us Avs fans have agreed that Van wouldn't do this, that's way i've said that earlier.

Old
06-20-2011, 06:37 AM
palindrom

I approximate the value of Edler based on past summer trade and it seem a 11th overall is not far off. Its already (a lot) more than what Demitra, Vokoun, Cammalleri, Ehroff, Wisniewski, Meszaros, Umberger. got in return.

Here is some details...

About Cammalleri and Meszaros...

The fact that a team want to get rid of a players, or think he is a untouchable have only a slight impact on his theoretical trade value..

The value of a player is a lot more defined by what the other 29 teams are willing to give for him, than what one team want for him.

Even if they was trying to get rid or them, a 17th was the best offer in the entire league for Cammalleri, as was a 2th for meszaros.

What was the best offer San Jose could find i the entire league for Ehroff? (25yo at the time same as Edler) Patrick White and Daniel Rahimi.

Ok, just for fun... put yourself in the pants of a GM shopping for a defenseman around the league...(in the summer period)

Ehroff ? Patrick White and Daniel Rahimi

Wisniewski ?(to NYI) a 3th round

Meszaros ? a 2nd

Edler ? a 11th overall and jones?

An UFA.. cost nothing if you can convince him.

So which option would you choose?

If Vancouver want too much for elder, That is fine, they keep him! Any GM will find better options elsewhere around the league.

Just some note.. what is the value of a mid 1st round (past lockout)?

a 17th and a mid prospect (Sullivan) can get you a stars player (at the time of the trade) like Demitra. (2006 trade)

a 15th overall and 2 x second round can get you a top 5 goalie like Vokoun (2007 trade).

A 17th can get you Mike Cammalleri for 1 year. (2008).

A 19th overall? Umberger (2008) Take note that it was just after Umberger was sensational in the playoff (17gp 10g 5a)

Last edited by palindrom: 06-20-2011 at 07:32 AM.
palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 06:52 AM
Bourne Endeavor
( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

Quote:
About the camallerri and Meszaros...

The fact that a team want to get rid of a players, or think he is a untouchable have only a slight impact on his theorical trade value..

The value of a player is a lot more defined by what the other 29 teams are willing to give for him.

a 17th was the best offer in the entire league for Cammalerri as a 2th was for mezaros.

What was the best offer San Jose could find for Ehroff? (25yo at the time same as Edler) Patrick White and Daniel Rahimi.

One of the best way to evaluate a player value is to look into past trade of players with similar contract/age/position/skill.
A good reason is every GM is looking for the best deal. If there is any indication of a breakdown between a player and management, then their value drops on the simple fact of knowing the team has to move him. It being known that Cammalleri and LA had a mutual dislike meant it was inevitable he would be dealt. Thus, why offer full value? Through your logic Dany Heatley was worth Cheechoo and Michalek, which is a ridiculous notion.

The 11th pick is a prospect that will not be remotely close to Edler until three years down the road at least, and there is a very high probability that player is never as good. You are completely deluded if you believe it is far value. Like I said, start with Duchene, who has proven even less in NHL by the way, or don't start at all.

Edit: Glancing over your edit, it is evident you have no idea about Edler whatsoever. He is leap and bounds superior to everyone on that list by a considerable margin. Regardless, your value is off. Your own fanbase is burying you because of it. That speaks volumes.

Bourne Endeavor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 07:47 AM
palindrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne View Post
Through your logic Dany Heatley was worth Cheechoo and Michalek, which is a ridiculous notion.

My logic hold, Its not the fact that Ottawa was kinda forced to trade heatley that diminished his value...

What diminished Heatley value was the fact that he was limiting the number of teams he wanted to be traded.

Fans often Underestimate the effect of a NTC on the trade value of a player.

His real value was the Edmonton offer.

I guess that its when a team is forced to trade a player that we find his real value.

My opinion at the time was that Ottawa should had kept Heatley. If he dont want to play for the team he signed for, you suspend him, and use his money to sign other players.
And often the situation resolve itself and everyone his happy, has it happened in Tampa with Lecavalier.

Last edited by palindrom: 06-20-2011 at 08:02 AM.
Old
06-20-2011, 07:49 AM
palindrom

Quote:
A good reason is every GM is looking for the best deal. If there is any indication of a breakdown between a player and management, then their value drops on the simple fact of knowing the team has to move him. It being known that Cammalleri and LA had a mutual dislike meant it was inevitable he would be dealt. Thus, why offer full value?
Because if you dont offer it, another team will....There is 29 teams that can make a bid, LA just chose the best one.

A 17th overall was his full value. (remember he was 1 year away from UFA)

Last edited by palindrom: 06-20-2011 at 08:11 AM.
Old
06-20-2011, 08:38 AM
palindrom

Quote:

The 11th pick is a prospect that will not be remotely close to Edler until three years down the road at least, and there is a very high probability that player is never as good. You are completely deluded if you believe it is far value. Like I said, start with Duchene, who has proven even less in NHL by the way, or don't start at all.
Dont forget that edler is UFA eligible in just 2 year from now.

The 11th dont even have to be as good as Edler make the deal fair.

A look at the past 11th overall:

2002- Keith Ballard
2003- Jeff Carter
2004 - (Bust)
2005- Anze Kopitar
2006 - Jonathan Bernier
2007 - Brandon Sutter (already 204gp at 22yo!)
2008 - Kyle Beach (prospect)
2009 - Ryan Ellis (Solid prospect)
2010 - Jack Campbell (solid prospect)

How does it look ?

Instead of 2 years of service from Edler,

It could be anywhere Between a bust or having a Kopitar or Carter for 7 years (before UFA). (well you have more chance to get a franchise/solid player than bust!)

But in average:

He will play more than 2 season before he is UFA.

You got a good chance to get someone able to contribute in the NHL on his rookie contract, Its a must have in this cap era to build a contending team.

So even if you draft someone in average lesser than a Edler, (it could be argued after looking at this list!) its worth it as long as he his not far off.

Please take note: In average its normal that a 20yo (Duchene) have proved less than a 25yo (Edler). But Where was Edler at 20yo? in the WHL.

Last edited by palindrom: 06-20-2011 at 08:57 AM.
Old
06-20-2011, 08:39 AM
Drij

Rather keep Jones and the Pick.

Drij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 09:13 AM
Vote for Rory

Yeah, sorry, no way Vancouver trades Edler at this point, especially to a division rival.

Vote for Rory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 10:05 AM
You Know

Um, the thing is, what is a draft pick worth to a team in win now mode that was one win away from the Stanley Cup, compared to a defenseman that plays a top role on the team and is only on a 3.25 million dollar contract?

You Know is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 10:39 AM
Moore Money

a top pairing dman making 3.25 for another 2 years is worth a lot more than most seem to think.

Moore Money is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 10:42 AM
Nihiliste
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetFoxes View Post
To Colorado: Free agents
ooh ooh i like this one!

Nihiliste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 10:51 AM
palindrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by You Know View Post
Um, the thing is, what is a draft pick worth to a team in win now mode that was one win away from the Stanley Cup, compared to a defenseman that plays a top role on the team and is only on a 3.25 million dollar contract?
The Value of a draft pick is not decided by one team, but by the average of every teams.

Even ifs a 11th overall dont mean a lot to vancouver it doesnt make the offer a lesser offer.

But as i say in my first post, i can understand that vancouver would say no, and then colorado will find betetr option elsewhere.

Old
06-20-2011, 12:11 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

Quote:
One of the few I would entertain a trade offer from that could on some slim scale be available, is Zach Parise. That is the type of player we would be willing to talk parting with Edler for. Sorry, start with Duchene or don't start at all.
LOL...yeah, "start with" ...there isn't a player that Vancouver has that I would trade for Matt Duchene.

Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 12:29 PM
AvsFan7*

Im a little surprised by the respnses here, I excpected avs fans to be going crazy flaming this guy apparently its a good deal for Colorado, Personally I would never think about doing this, David Jones still has potential and I think can score 30 goals and 60 points with a Healthy avs team, he put up 27 and 45 this year and although he was playing with stastny, there other linemate for alot of the year was Kevin Porter, not exactly a top 6 guy. And with the 11th pick I think Colorado can easily draft a player that turns into a much better player then Edler, im not very impressed with Edler to be honest, he didnt seem to do anything extra special in playoffs, not to me anyway, so just my opinion but I wouldnt do this from the avs perspective, but thats just me and Probably the only Avs fan who thinks this but oh well haha!

AvsFan7* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 12:54 PM
Bourne Endeavor
( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
LOL...yeah, "start with" ...there isn't a player that Vancouver has that I would trade for Matt Duchene.
... you wouldn't trade Duchene for Kesler? Alright...

Bourne Endeavor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 12:56 PM
Hennessy
Blank Space

I wish that would get Edler. If I see him around I'll let him know what you think of his value.

Hennessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 12:57 PM
BrickAHL
#AvaloungeRevolution

Quote:
... you wouldn't trade Duchene for Kesler? Alright...
I wouldn't, although that might be because I HATE Kesler and I LOVE Duchene and I don't hate or like each player because of the team they play for instead there are many reasons for each.

BrickAHL is online now   Reply With Quote