HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Flyers & Columbus' 8th Overall pick

Old
06-14-2011, 03:12 PM
Ghost of Downie*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedorange View Post
The first talk that homer had with Columbus was not about trading carter it was about trading for Steve Mason then once homer got the rights to Bryzgalov then the rumours started about carter and columbus........
The fact that he was going after Mason terrifies me. Back to back years with a .901 SV% and 3+ GAA was what Homer wanted to do to fix our goaltending...

Ghost of Downie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2011, 05:34 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Downie View Post
The fact that he was going after Mason terrifies me. Back to back years with a .901 SV% and 3+ GAA was what Homer wanted to do to fix our goaltending...
When I heard that I couldn't believe my ears. Then I reminded myself it's Homer.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2011, 05:40 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

A goalie's a goalie, right?

06-14-2011, 05:57 PM
Coppy
Good Luck Richie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
A goalie's a goalie, right?
What is the title of Homer's internal memo after signing Michael Leighton. I'll take traded 1st round picks for 500 Alex.

Coppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 04:12 PM
canada eh

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDu View Post
not to mention poor on face offs and 2/3 are weak in their own end
What!? who??

canada eh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 09:40 AM
daynus

8 and voracek

for carter, would sign on the spot. good trade for both teams.

daynus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 05:40 PM
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft

Rumblings all over twitter that the flyers have traded jeff carter to the jackets but no word yet .......................

Last edited by BleedOrange: 06-20-2011 at 05:50 PM.
BleedOrange is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 05:54 PM
46zone
Guttersnipe

Quote:
Rumblings all over twitter that the flyers have traded jeff carter to the jackets but no word yet .......................
Really? Most of the tweets mentioning Jeff Carter are mocking the rumors and the only source mentioning a done deal is Kirk Luedeke.

46zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 05:54 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
link(s)?

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 05:56 PM
Ghost of Downie*

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
link(s)?
Just a few people, likely citing the same Boston source as earlier. The beat guys and *********** and even Eklund all said that it hasn't happened.

Ghost of Downie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 12:27 AM
FlyLife
Nuthin but a G Thang

8th, 37th, Moore and Voracek for Carter and Carle is what I'd take. Might not get it, but Carter should be worth a ****-ton...whether Holmgren will get it or not is up in the air.

FlyLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 12:37 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Moore is a nice piece. I think if Carle is in the deal and we take out the 37 that could possibly happen. There is a lot of offense available from the D position in free agency this off season though, so I don't think that Columbus would be willing to part with much for Carle unless they thought they couldn't get a comparable player in free agency for what he makes....

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 12:47 AM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 380
LEED on twitter is bringing up some good points. Moving Carter makes the most sense. It frees up an overloaded C position, whereas moving Carle and/or Versteeg would weaken the not-so-deep defense/wings.

Also the fact that Boston moved Kessel, their top goalscorer, and had minimal issues replacing him...and also got a fortune for him in return, a 35 goal-scoring 1 way winger...whereas we'd be dealing a 35+ goal-scoring 2 way center.

I agree with all of that, not sure about anyone else. Trading Carter SHOULD bring us a very good return, I think it could be better than Voracek+8th+etc.

sobrien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 12:54 AM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
LEED on twitter is bringing up some good points. Moving Carter makes the most sense. It frees up an overloaded C position, whereas moving Carle and/or Versteeg would weaken the not-so-deep defense/wings.

Also the fact that Boston moved Kessel, their top goalscorer, and had minimal issues replacing him...and also got a fortune for him in return, a 35 goal-scoring 1 way winger...whereas we'd be dealing a 35+ goal-scoring 2 way center.

I agree with all of that, not sure about anyone else. Trading Carter SHOULD bring us a very good return, I think it could be better than Voracek+8th+etc.
I agree actually.

I value Carter more then half the Flyers fans out there, but if the right offer came along I wouldn't shed a tear or blink an eye at it.

Garbage Goal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 01:03 AM
alx83*

It's not going to be HF value if he gets traded, it'll be real value. That likely means the 8th and a guy like Johansen and maybe/likely even more than that.

alx83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 01:05 AM
Intentional Icing
why you little!

With the new cap hit I can't imagine the Flyers trading away Carter.

Intentional Icing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 01:07 AM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
I agree actually.

I value Carter more then half the Flyers fans out there, but if the right offer came along I wouldn't shed a tear or blink an eye at it.
Same, if possible I'd love to keep Carter. For his shortcomings, he's still a great player and he'll continue to improve. But he easily the most marketable and will pot the best return.

sobrien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 01:12 AM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
Same, if possible I'd love to keep Carter. For his shortcomings, he's still a great player and he'll continue to improve. But he easily the most marketable and will pot the best return.
If the Bruins can survive trading away Kessel we can easily survive trading Carter.

Old
06-21-2011, 01:14 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
If the Bruins can survive trading away Kessel we can easily survive trading Carter.
Riiiiiiiiight, because Kessel is in any way a better or more complete player than Carter......?

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 01:19 AM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post
Riiiiiiiiight, because Kessel is in any way a better or more complete player than Carter......?
Kessel is younger then Carter and a perennial 30+ goal scorer who had 36 with the Bruins. At the time of the trade Kessel was just as important to the Bruins, in terms of goal-scoring, as Carter is to us currently.

Old
06-21-2011, 01:23 AM
El Dandy*
...Menace To Society

I don't like Jeff, but we have our goalie now so what the point? Most of us said we would cut ties with Jeff if it meant getting a #1 in net. We have that #1 and we don't need to have Carter be a cap casualty, so we can now essentially have our cake and eat it too.

yeah I don't like him and he pisses me off all the damn time, but I would furious if all we got was #8 and Voracek. This is a 35 goal guy who his signed up for life on an extremely generous (to us) salary. We take 3 steps back. We give away our best goal scorer for a top 6 guy (and we have 9 top 6 guys BTW) and a piece for tomorrow. Guess what? Keeping Crater helps us NOW and TOMORROW.

If it was Carter/Carle/another piece for #8/Voracek/Johansen then you do the deal. Yeah that's a pipe dream cause thta is a sweet return, but this is a 26 year old/35 goal scorer/lifetime contract/relatively cheap salary player we are talking about here.

The only reason to move Carter along would be if we were given an offer we couldn't refuse. The above deal is the package that qualifies.

Of course I have high standards and that deal is probably too rich for Columbus' blood, but I can dream and you have to give to get.

Last edited by El Dandy*: 06-21-2011 at 01:31 AM.
El Dandy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 01:26 AM
flyersfan187

Send a message via AIM to flyersfan187 Send a message via Skype™ to flyersfan187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post
Wasn't there a rumor that Homer wanted to trade Carter for Kessel and got declined? Or am I wrong? I remember hearing a Carter for Kesler one too. Either way Carter is way better then Kessel

flyersfan187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 01:26 AM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipadelphia View Post
I don't like Jeff, but we have our goalie now so what the point? Most of us said we would cut ties with Jeff if it meant getting a #1 in net. We have that #1 and we don't need to have Carter be a cap casualty, so we can now essentially have our cake and eat it too.

yeah I don't like him and he pisses me off all the damn time, but I would furious if all we got was #8 and Voracek. This is a 35 goal guy who his signed up for life on an extremely generous (to us) salary. We take 3 steps back. We give away our best goal scorer for a top 6 guy (and we have 9 top 6 guys BTW) and a piece for tomorrow. Guess what? Keeping Crater helps us NOW and TOMORROW.
Like I said, I'd be fine with it if it were for the right offer. That's not the right offer.

I doubt any of us would be happy if he were traded just for the 8th overall and Voracek.

Old
06-21-2011, 01:43 AM
gazaroog

I have no dog in this race, but perhaps Flyers make a deal with Colorado instead:

To Flyers: #2 overall pick, Paul Stastny
To Colorado: Jeff Carter, Kimo Timonen and Bobrovsky

That sheds over $7M off the cap to then sign Bryzgalov and you backfill some of the offense with Stastny and Flyers then pick Ryan Nugent Hopkins or whomever in that spot (think Edmonton is going to take Larsson).

Colorado could use more goal scoring and a top 4 defenseman and a better option for their goaltending.

gazaroog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 01:46 AM
PhilaFlyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazaroog View Post
I have no dog in this race, but perhaps Flyers make a deal with Colorado instead:

To Flyers: #2 overall pick, Paul Stastny
To Colorado: Jeff Carter, Kimo Timonen and Bobrovsky

That sheds over $7M off the cap to then sign Bryzgalov and you backfill some of the offense with Stastny and Flyers then pick Ryan Nugent Hopkins or whomever in that spot (think Edmonton is going to take Larsson).

Colorado could use more goal scoring and a top 4 defenseman and a better option for their goaltending.
No thanks. Edmonton is taking Nugent Hopkins though.

PhilaFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote