HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Back Surgery for Alfie.

Old
06-07-2011, 09:49 PM
Caeldan

vCash: 500
Surgery is probably best option we've got with Alfie:
1. If it works out - he can keep playing and we don't waste cap space.
2. If it doesn't - we can keep him on the LTIR and make use of the cap exception if necessary.

Worst case scenario is he gets healthy, then retires.

Caeldan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 03:53 AM
West Coast Eagles
Classless

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeck5 View Post
Wow, way to miss the point. In no way did i say adding a year at low pay was retarded. I'm saying if you were to do that with no intent of playing the remaining 2 years, you might as well have added 2 low pay years to lower the average cap hit even more. This is if the plan was to put him on LTIR in the last year from the beginning. If the plan was not to play the last year, THEN it's retarded to not have added 2 low pay years like a lot of player's contracts have.

However i don't believe that was part of the plan. I believe the plan is to play out the remaining years of his contract.
I didn't really make myself very clear previously, apologies i was at work and typing pretty quickly. I agree with you in that at time of contract signature the ideal plan was that Alfie would continue to play out the full contract. I do, however, believe that part of the plan took into consideration that there was a decent chance that he may not be able to play out the entire length of his contract. As such i think management had a belief that with alfie's health they could likely wriggle out of potential cap problem down the line via the LTIR. As such it was part of the plan, albeit, a broad plan.

I can't remember the environment with players signing front loaded long term contracts at the time of Alfie's extension. I checked when the investigation into Hossa and Pronger's contracts took place and it was the summer after Alfie's extension, for some reason i originality thought Alfie's extension came after and that would provide a logical reason into why they didn't add years. Obviously not.

Like i said I do still think that putting Alfie on LTIR in the last year of his contract was part of the broad plan

West Coast Eagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 11:31 AM
jbeck5

Quote:
Originally Posted by senskin View Post
I didn't really make myself very clear previously, apologies i was at work and typing pretty quickly. I agree with you in that at time of contract signature the ideal plan was that Alfie would continue to play out the full contract. I do, however, believe that part of the plan took into consideration that there was a decent chance that he may not be able to play out the entire length of his contract. As such i think management had a belief that with alfie's health they could likely wriggle out of potential cap problem down the line via the LTIR. As such it was part of the plan, albeit, a broad plan.

I can't remember the environment with players signing front loaded long term contracts at the time of Alfie's extension. I checked when the investigation into Hossa and Pronger's contracts took place and it was the summer after Alfie's extension, for some reason i originality thought Alfie's extension came after and that would provide a logical reason into why they didn't add years. Obviously not.

Like i said I do still think that putting Alfie on LTIR in the last year of his contract was part of the broad plan
Oh ok, makes sense. Good post.

jbeck5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2011, 11:34 AM
SenatorsFC

Send a message via MSN to SenatorsFC
Steve_Lloyd Steve Lloyd
Gonna say Alfredsson's back surgery went well. He ust strolled into newser looking like he could play 18 today

Steve_Lloyd Steve Lloyd
Just spoke Alfredsson. Feels better than he thought he would. Cautiously optomistic that surgery did the job

SenatorsFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2011, 12:03 PM
coladin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenatorsFC View Post
Steve_Lloyd Steve Lloyd
Gonna say Alfredsson's back surgery went well. He ust strolled into newser looking like he could play 18 today

Steve_Lloyd Steve Lloyd
Just spoke Alfredsson. Feels better than he thought he would. Cautiously optomistic that surgery did the job
Great news!

coladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2011, 12:26 PM
Vicarious

Praise Alfy. Hallelujah.

Vicarious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2011, 12:38 PM
slamigo
Skate or Die!

Alfie probably did the surgery himself with a pocket mirror, a rambo knife and some duct tape.

He'll be fine.

slamigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2011, 12:44 PM
Liliaceae
Sens ❤

Great news! Go Alfie!

Liliaceae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2011, 01:11 PM
Sensored

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenatorsFC View Post
Steve_Lloyd Steve Lloyd

Steve_Lloyd Steve Lloyd
Awesome news, at the people who said he'd retire.

Sensored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 01:04 AM
Afro Thunder*

Ok got some news about Alfie's injury from his mom herself.

I met them today at my shop shopping, apparently his parents are here for a month or so. Alfie's new born actually turns 1 month today.

On Alfie, she said he can only move his head in certain ways, but she kind of worded it a bit differently so it could be a language barrier kind of thing where she was trying to say something else, but she did say they expect him to fully heal 100% in 4-6 weeks.

So yeah, met Alfie's parents today, turned a **** day into a decent one.

Afro Thunder* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 01:37 AM
Proust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afro Thunder View Post
Ok got some news about Alfie's injury from his mom herself.

I met them today at my shop shopping, apparently his parents are here for a month or so. Alfie's new born actually turns 1 month today.

On Alfie, she said he can only move his head in certain ways, but she kind of worded it a bit differently so it could be a language barrier kind of thing where she was trying to say something else, but she did say they expect him to fully heal 100% in 4-6 weeks.

So yeah, met Alfie's parents today, turned a **** day into a decent one.
link?

Proust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 01:44 AM
The Waffler
Can wipe my own ass!

Wow I wish I was you.

The Waffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 06:55 AM
koreaboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proust View Post
link?
www.meetingNHLplayerparents.com

koreaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 07:00 AM
Polakdave
Official Sens' Polak

Send a message via AIM to Polakdave Send a message via MSN to Polakdave Send a message via Yahoo to Polakdave
Quote:
Originally Posted by koreaboy View Post
Line doesn't exist.... North Korean conspiracy?

Polakdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 02:22 PM
John Holmes*
Spuds MacLean™

Quote:
Originally Posted by SENS4EVER View Post
Awesome news, at the people who said he'd retire.
Imagine anyone thinking that a 38 year old player with a chronic back injury would retire...

You might want to at least wait until training camp before pulling the smug know it all routine.

John Holmes* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 03:26 PM
The King of Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolakDave View Post
Line doesn't exist.... North Korean conspiracy?

The King of Town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 06:39 PM
arian487

We're talking about a man that laughs in the face of recovery time. He's probably going to be doing the surgery in his full hockey gear so he can get on the ice the second the surgery is over.

arian487 is offline   Reply With Quote