QMJHL: Players Selected in 2005 Draft.

Closed Thread

Old
07-31-2005, 02:17 PM
HabsRenegade

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to HabsRenegade
QMJHL: Players Selected in 2005 Draft.

Here is the list of all players selected in the 2005 NHL Entry Draft from the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League.

Round 1

1 - Sidney Crosby (C) - Pittsburgh
10 - Luc Bourdon (D) - Vancouver
13 - Makrek Zagrapan (C) - Buffalo
16 - Alex Bourret (RW) - Atlanta

Round 2

35 - Marc-Édouard Vlasic (D) - San Jose
45 - Gillaume Latendresse (RW) - Montreal
49 - Chad Denny (D) - Atlanta
50 - Dany Roussin (LW) - Los Angeles
56 - Marc-André Cliché (RW) - New York Rangers
59 - Pier-Olivier Pelletier (G) - Phoenix

Round 3

62 - Kristopher Letang (D) - Pittsburgh
87 - Marc-André Gragnani (D) - Buffalo
91 - Oskars Bartulis (D) - Philadelphia

Round 4

93 - Olivier Legault (LW) - Floride
114 - Alexandre Vincent (G) - Vancouver
116 - Jordan Lavallée (LW) - Atlanta
119 - Jeremy Duchesne (G) - Philadelphia
120 - Viatcheslav Trukhno(C) - Edmonton

Round 5

130 - Mathieu Aubin (C) - Montreal
133 - Stanislav Lascek (RW) - Tampa Bay

Round 6

192 - Nicolas Blanchard (C) - Carolina
194 - J.P. Paquet (D) - Pittsburgh

Round 7

197 - J.P. Levasseur (G) - Anaheim

My surprises: Latendresse and Vincent so down, Bourdon and Vlasic so high.

Your opinions on this draft?

Old
07-31-2005, 03:14 PM
Pcommedanspablo

Here are my thoughts on the draft. Scouts seems to love Lewiston players with Legault and Cliche going higher than I tought. I was pretty surprise to see Mathieu Roy not being drafted. In fact, I think several skill players were ignored from the LHJMQ. Charland, Côté, Bolduc, Bisaillon (second highest scoring defensemen in the CHL among first time elligible player), Churilov... From round 5, Nhl teams stopped to look into de LHJMQ as 18 players were drafted in the top 4 rounds and only 5 in the last 3. I am surprise because normally there is more players taken later from the Q than players taken higher. Even if the draft was cut to 7 rounds, I must say I'm a bit disapointed that only 23 players were taken.

Old
07-31-2005, 07:07 PM
Joe Canadian

The Fog Devils top Euro pick got selected in the first round by the Devils...

Old
07-31-2005, 10:56 PM
chsb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pcommedanspablo
Here are my thoughts on the draft. Scouts seems to love Lewiston players with Legault and Cliche going higher than I tought. I was pretty surprise to see Mathieu Roy not being drafted. In fact, I think several skill players were ignored from the LHJMQ. Charland, Côté, Bolduc, Bisaillon (second highest scoring defensemen in the CHL among first time elligible player), Churilov... From round 5, Nhl teams stopped to look into de LHJMQ as 18 players were drafted in the top 4 rounds and only 5 in the last 3. I am surprise because normally there is more players taken later from the Q than players taken higher. Even if the draft was cut to 7 rounds, I must say I'm a bit disapointed that only 23 players were taken.
I agree wholeheartedly about Mathieu Roy: he was ranked # 107 among NA players on ISS and is a gritty, good sized skilled player with a lot of upside.
IMHO he could have been picked in 2nd-4th rounds by any team and be comparable or better to any other...
Big mishap there...

Old
08-01-2005, 01:54 AM
neg marron

maxime boisclair rookie camps 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaBs_ReNeGaTe
Here is the list of all players selected in the 2005 NHL Entry Draft from the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League.

Round 1

1 - Sidney Crosby (C) - Pittsburgh
10 - Luc Bourdon (D) - Vancouver
13 - Makrek Zagrapan (C) - Buffalo
16 - Alex Bourret (RW) - Atlanta

Round 2

35 - Marc-Édouard Vlasic (D) - San Jose
45 - Gillaume Latendresse (RW) - Montreal
49 - Chad Denny (D) - Atlanta
50 - Dany Roussin (LW) - Los Angeles
56 - Marc-André Cliché (RW) - New York Rangers
59 - Pier-Olivier Pelletier (G) - Phoenix

Round 3

62 - Kristopher Letang (D) - Pittsburgh
87 - Marc-André Gragnani (D) - Buffalo
91 - Oskars Bartulis (D) - Philadelphia

Round 4

93 - Olivier Legault (LW) - Floride
114 - Alexandre Vincent (G) - Vancouver
116 - Jordan Lavallée (LW) - Atlanta
119 - Jeremy Duchesne (G) - Philadelphia
120 - Viatcheslav Trukhno(C) - Edmonton

Round 5

130 - Mathieu Aubin (C) - Montreal
133 - Stanislav Lascek (RW) - Tampa Bay

Round 6

192 - Nicolas Blanchard (C) - Carolina
194 - J.P. Paquet (D) - Pittsburgh

Round 7

197 - J.P. Levasseur (G) - Anaheim

My surprises: Latendresse and Vincent so down, Bourdon and Vlasic so high.

Your opinions on this draft?
as good as a season he had i thought some team would give him a look any news on if he's been invited to any nhl rookie camps

Old
08-01-2005, 11:11 AM
Daniel_Tkaczuk

Send a message via ICQ to Daniel_Tkaczuk
Quote:
Originally Posted by chsb
I agree wholeheartedly about Mathieu Roy: he was ranked # 107 among NA players on ISS and is a gritty, good sized skilled player with a lot of upside.
IMHO he could have been picked in 2nd-4th rounds by any team and be comparable or better to any other...
Big mishap there...
Not one Bathurst player was taken among the five potential players who could have been drafted. My guess is just poor scouting.

Old
08-04-2005, 03:40 PM
domifan28

bathurst didnt have much for players to get drafted..maybe if there had been 9 rounds we could have seen one or two players...dont blame it on the scouting

Old
08-04-2005, 11:22 PM
plaugher

Roy not getting picked is quite surprising to me. He had a dynamite season and is highly skilled and gritty. He pretty much had to carry the offensive load after Beauregard went down in October.

Bolduc, though still a project, could develop into a very good power-forward. I'm wondering if, in a seven-round draft, that he would have been drafted last year given last year's climate. Perhaps scouts are changing what they are looking for in potential prospects? Size? Check. Some modicum of skill? Check. Decent footspeed? Check. Physical? Check. Drafted? Nope. Wha-wha-what?

The remainder of their eligibles were borderline in a 9-round draft, so not getting selected in a 7-round draft shouldn't be too surprising.

Not quite sure what to say in regards to the other two, though... I'd lean more towards the lacklustre scouting of northern New Brunswick.

I'm more shocked by Levasseur falling to the seventh round. Wasn't he predicted to be seventh OVERALL by one of the scouting services? (not to mention being a late-1st/early-2nd by yours truly).

Old
08-05-2005, 07:26 AM
domifan28

i agee with you mathieu roy maybe should have been drafted in the ninth round...however the nhl dont draft "projects" like bolduc

Old
08-05-2005, 08:34 AM
plaugher

Quote:
Originally Posted by domifan28
i agee with you mathieu roy maybe should have been drafted in the ninth round...however the nhl dont draft "projects" like bolduc
In the New NHL they don't, it appears. Not like teams haven't burned high picks on players akin to Bolduc in the past, though.

Do I sense an anti-Bathurst vendetta? And here I thought I was the only one!

Old
08-05-2005, 10:36 PM
chsb

Quote:
You are a pure joker with this remark

Roy got more skill than a few already drafted from the Q and I will not talk about the other leagues as I don't know them.
The Rangers will be very pleasantly surprised when they eyewitness their invitee Mathieu Roy...

Old
08-06-2005, 01:33 AM
ZombieMatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Laugher
I'm more shocked by Levasseur falling to the seventh round. Wasn't he predicted to be seventh OVERALL by one of the scouting services? (not to mention being a late-1st/early-2nd by yours truly).
When we were doing the HF List did I so totally send you an HF mail about how i thought JPL could be the last of the Q goalies taken because nobody got to see him play in the second half of the year.

About the only thing I was right about.

Old
08-06-2005, 09:23 AM
Daniel_Tkaczuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt MacInnis
When we were doing the HF List did I so totally send you an HF mail about how i thought JPL could be the last of the Q goalies taken because nobody got to see him play in the second half of the year.

The same could be said for Marc-Andre Cliche and Marc-Edouard Vlasic... the former only played 19 games, and the latter hardly played in spite of being healthy. Neither have Levasseur's potential to make the NHL.

Old
08-06-2005, 09:25 AM
Daniel_Tkaczuk

Quote:
bathurst didnt have much for players to get drafted..maybe if there had been 9 rounds we could have seen one or two players...dont blame it on the scouting
I know a lot of people had Bolduc being picked, but aside from Roy I really liked Mathieu LaBrie. But I think the fact Roy wasn't chosen speaks for itself.

Old
08-07-2005, 12:06 PM
chsb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel_Tkaczuk
I know a lot of people had Bolduc being picked, but aside from Roy I really liked Mathieu LaBrie. But I think the fact Roy wasn't chosen speaks for itself.
The only thing it says is that the Titan was not properly scouted because Roy was a legit draftee candidate moreso than a lot of others, that you like to admit or not...

Old
08-07-2005, 01:54 PM
Daniel_Tkaczuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by chsb
The only thing it says is that the Titan was not properly scouted because Roy was a legit draftee candidate moreso than a lot of others, that you like to admit or not...
what you said makes no sense - but if you're insinuating i'm using the fact roy wasn't drafted to support the point bathurst's prospects weren't accurately assessed, you're right.

Old
08-07-2005, 02:09 PM
derbyfan

The USHL site is bragging about having the 3rd highest amount of players taken from a junior league (after OHL & WHL).
They had 26 players selected, although some have yet to join the league, and some are players who used to play there.

www.ushl.com

Old
08-17-2005, 03:16 PM
plaugher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt MacInnis

Yeah, yeah, sure, sure. Blah blah blah. You were right I was wrong. The end of times is upon us!

...Latendresse 10th...

Old
08-17-2005, 04:40 PM
FREE DENTAL CARE

"CROSBY EFFECT" -- I think there was an effect (a negative one) caused by Crosby. He got most of the news coming from the "Q" website after he got rolling a couple of weeks into the season. While he certainly deserved the coverage, other players in the league may have suffered from a lack of exposure. I certainly thought there were other players were worthy of selection who were not selected.

Old
08-27-2005, 12:29 PM
NewfieJohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Canadian
The Fog Devils top Euro pick got selected in the first round by the Devils...
Yes, that was Niklas Bergfors.

Old
08-28-2005, 06:55 AM
chsb

Mathieu Roy went to the New York Rangers August camp and he is now invited to the main rookie camp starting September 7th.
He impressed enough in August to be told that he was starting the September camp on equal footing with all their drafted players.
After the cold shower, he is now showing his stuff.
In a 5-4 exhibition game win against Moncton last night, he scored 4 goals....This guy is really hot.
I would not be surprised that he gets offered a contract...

Closed Thread