HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Detroit - NJ Proposal(s)

Closed Thread

Old
08-27-2005, 09:26 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 965
Detroit doesn't do any of those deals.

Z is not a center

Draper is a 3rd line center

Yzerman and Lang old.

Franzen...please.

Detroit doesn't trade Datsyuk unless they get a center of his caliber back. Period.

Old
08-27-2005, 09:50 PM
Winger98
powers combined

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Winger98
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514

Z is not a center

Yzerman and Lang old.

Franzen...please.

Detroit doesn't trade Datsyuk unless they get a center of his caliber back. Period.
Zetterberg is a natural center and what does age matter if a player is still effective at his job? Going into the season with Lang, Zetterberg, Draper and Franzen as the centers, plus a high calibre wing brought in through a Datsyuk trade wouldn't be a bad situation for Detroit.

Old
08-27-2005, 10:02 PM
garry1221

Send a message via AIM to garry1221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger98
Zetterberg is a natural center and what does age matter if a player is still effective at his job? Going into the season with Lang, Zetterberg, Draper and Franzen as the centers, plus a high calibre wing brought in through a Datsyuk trade wouldn't be a bad situation for Detroit.
wouldn't be bad and if negotiations don't pan out i hope holland does SOMETHING before losing him for nothing... you know if he ends up staying in russia this year his trade value will go down DRAMATICALLY, so i hope something gets done before that happens

Old
08-27-2005, 10:12 PM
Winger98
powers combined

Send a message via Yahoo to Winger98
Quote:
Originally Posted by garry1221
wouldn't be bad and if negotiations don't pan out i hope holland does SOMETHING before losing him for nothing... you know if he ends up staying in russia this year his trade value will go down DRAMATICALLY, so i hope something gets done before that happens
I'd like to get something for him, too, and I did like a couple of the proposals floated in this thread (especially if the wings could get Langenbrunner thrown in, just a fan of his) but I'm not sure Datsyuk's trade value is that high anyway. The Wings could probably get a decent return if they took a similar contract problem from another team (such as Ottawa trading Hossa for Heatley), but look at how many pretty decent players have switched teams for draft picks.

I know the Wings/Datsyuk situation isn't entirely similar, but other teams aren't going to necessarily be falling all over eachother to dish out something of significance for him when another team is selling players off to stay under the cap.

If all the Wings could get back is a pick, I'd sit on Datsyuk for a year and try re-signing him next summer. I think it'd be better to keep a chance at him rather than rolling the dice on a 2nd or 3rd rounder.

Old
08-27-2005, 11:40 PM
Howard35

Send a message via AIM to Howard35
Quote:

Z is not a center

Yzerman and Lang old.

Franzen...please.

actually zetterberg can be converted to a center, that was his origional position i believe or he played it while in the SEL before emerging

Old
08-28-2005, 07:14 AM
shadoz19

Quote:

Z is not a center

Yzerman and Lang old.

Franzen...please.

Wings converted him to Left Wing. He played center in the SEL before coming over to the NHL and he played center again in the SEL last year. Center is his natural position.

Closed Thread