HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Eklund Rumours Thread: Enter at your own risk

Closed Thread

Old
06-20-2011, 05:06 AM
JHabs
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Hes hearing whispers? Jeeze, Schizophrenics hear whispers too, does that mean they are NHL insiders and we just don't know it? Dayuummmm

Old
06-20-2011, 05:08 AM
sandman08

how hard is it to ignore threads? I mean seriously.. OHMYGODTHATTHREADHASSOMETHINGINBLUENEXTOITCLICKCLI CKCLICK if y'all spent more time ignoring and less whining then the mods wouldnt have to warn you to NOT make disparaging remarks about others (whether deserved or not). The owners you deem to be causing you so much angst have provided you with not one but TWO features that are amazing:
1. the ability to ignore threads
2. the ability to see that the thread you're ignoring contains eklund rumours given there is an eklund prefix to CLEARLY indicate what the thread contents entail.

Both those facts point to the ability for one, you the user, to NOT have to click on said link and just ignore it (except for the mods and admin and what not given they have to babysit the children). No one has a gun to your head saying "read the eklund rumor or im going to kill you" or anything so why complain about it? (On a related note, if there are people doing that then god help us all).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
Fully agree with most of what's quoted above. I'd go further, as I've stated a few times before, but falling to deaf ears: HFBoards should allow all rumours or don't allow any.
No offense but that's a terrible idea.. the place would be full of "my dog's cat's brother's sister-in-law's owner went to school with some guy who's donkey was once ridden by a guy who sat next to a guy drinking a molson who told me price hates orange people and wants to be traded to calgary cuz harvey's a dog and he likes dogs" type rumors.. I mean sure eklund isnt great but I'll bet you a million bucks he's got more info then the backside of that donkey i just mentioned. Not to mention the blatantly malicious stuff like unsubstantiated rumors of drug use or things of that nature which ruins a guys rep or career or whatever which for whatever reason people bring up every now and then. Those things can not only ruins a players rep but can, in theory, lead to the site being sued. So no, that would not be a good idea for the site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
Your avatar distracted me, so I've totally forgotten what I was going to type.
something about ***** cats, margaritas and behave children?

Last edited by sandman08: 06-20-2011 at 05:14 AM.
Old
06-20-2011, 05:40 AM
JSBach

Quote:
No one on the planet would like that more than I would.

Unfortunately, no we can't.
So, the owner is the only one allowed to flame people?

Old
06-20-2011, 07:07 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
A couple of points on this, if I may:
[LIST=1][*]Fully agree with most of what's quoted above. I'd go further, as I've stated a few times before, but falling to deaf ears: HFBoards should allow all rumours or don't allow any.
Actually we have loosen up a little when it comes to rumours from sources that may not be deemed credible here on HFB.

Last trade deadline day for example, we set up a thread where anyone could post rumours that they had heard or seen posted on the net, regardless of their source. While also setting up a second thread containing all rumours that could be backed by a credible source. Personally I thought that worked out well, as it gave everyone a chance to see rumours that they normally might not have had a chance to see. Hopefully the mods decide to do the same thing this year.

We just aren't allowed to allow new threads to be created, unless a credible source is provided. Or the poster posting the rumours has been approved by one of the admins. If we did, you would see half of the Habs board filled with bogus rumours. As it seems sometimes that everyone here has some sort of connection.

As for removing rumours entirely from the Habs board. We tried that, by moving all rumours to the dedicated Trade/Rumours board here on HFB. That didn't go over well, as all it did was create more work for the mods. As they had to spent time moving threads off of the Habs board constantly.

Edit: Well said sandman, good to see you.

Old
06-20-2011, 08:30 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman08 View Post
No offense but that's a terrible idea.. the place would be full of "my dog's cat's brother's sister-in-law's owner went to school with some guy who's donkey was once ridden by a guy who sat next to a guy drinking a molson who told me price hates orange people and wants to be traded to calgary cuz harvey's a dog and he likes dogs" type rumors.. I mean sure eklund isnt great but I'll bet you a million bucks he's got more info then the backside of that donkey i just mentioned. Not to mention the blatantly malicious stuff like unsubstantiated rumors of drug use or things of that nature which ruins a guys rep or career or whatever which for whatever reason people bring up every now and then. Those things can not only ruins a players rep but can, in theory, lead to the site being sued. So no, that would not be a good idea for the site.
Quote:
Actually we have loosen up a little when it comes to rumours from sources that may not be deemed credible here on HFB.

Last trade deadline day for example, we set up a thread where anyone could post rumours that they had heard or seen posted on the net, regardless of their source. While also setting up a second thread containing all rumours that could be backed by a credible source. Personally I thought that worked out well, as it gave everyone a chance to see rumours that they normally might not have had a chance to see. Hopefully the mods decide to do the same thing this year.

We just aren't allowed to allow new threads to be created, unless a credible source is provided. Or the poster posting the rumours has been approved by one of the admins. If we did, you would see half of the Habs board filled with bogus rumours. As it seems sometimes that everyone here has some sort of connection.

As for removing rumours entirely from the Habs board. We tried that, by moving all rumours to the dedicated Trade/Rumours board here on HFB. That didn't go over well, as all it did was create more work for the mods. As they had to spent time moving threads off of the Habs board constantly.

Edit: Well said sandman, good to see you.
No offense taken. But aside for monetary (I'm supposing here as I see no other logical reasons), what is the difference between Eklund and my dog's cat, really? No one can prove anything regardless and the batting average would be very, very similar.

Also, note that I am not preaching for one more than the other. I'm saying that it should be all or none at all. The percentage of people taking Eklund's rumours here are few and far between anyway.

It is true that at deadline, it was nice to see that rule laxed a bit. Is this still in effect or was it a deadline thing?

Old
06-20-2011, 08:36 AM
HomaridII

Quote:
No offense taken. But aside for monetary (I'm supposing here as I see no other logical reasons), what is the difference between Eklund and my dog's cat, really? No one can prove anything regardless and the batting average would be very, very similar.

Also, note that I am not preaching for one more than the other. I'm saying that it should be all or none at all. The percentage of people taking Eklund's rumours here are few and far between anyway.

It is true that at deadline, it was nice to see that rule laxed a bit. Is this still in effect or was it a deadline thing?
Eklund has been on Sportsnet during a deadline TV show ..

EKlund has VERY respectable bloggers on his page that are weekly contributors, people like Strickland, Engels, Metzer, Panaccio, etc...

Eklund has gotten things right before .. your dog's cat has not.

Nobody forces people to read Eklund, if people don't like him, why do they keep coming to these threads? It is beyond stupid and more than a little pathetic.

IMO his site is one of the best hockey sites around, you have lots of good blogs from every NHL team almost, accurate salary cap information and rumours ... whats not to love?

Old
06-20-2011, 09:35 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

Well for one, credible news sources have backed up Eklund on occasion. Bob McKenzie being one of them. While to my knowledge, your dog's cat hasn't received the same backing.

I know what you're saying, but you don't see things from the same side of the fence that we (the mods) do. If we allowed ALL rumours, regardless of their sources, the Habs board would be a mess. As no one would be held accountable for the rumours they posted. So they would post whatever they felt like, without worry.

On the other hand, if we removed ALL rumours. As I pointed out earlier, the mods would be spending a great deal of time locking, deleting or moving threads off of the Habs board. Which is tedious work and can be time consuming.

I agree, which is why it was decided that one thread be dedicated for all of Eklund's rumours. This allows those posters who are interested in discussing them to do so. While allowing posters who aren't to simply ignore the thread, erasing it entirely from their view.

I'd like to point out that, this wasn't a decision that me or the other Habs mods decided on. The decision was made by you (the Habs posters). A vote was held and the majority of you felt that keeping all Eklund rumours contained to one thread, was the best route to take.

How's that for allowing our posters to have a say in how things are run here. Sorry, that's just a shot at some posters here who think I ran this place like Napoleon.

Since I'll be stepping down sometime today, it's probably unfair for me to comment. This is something that the current (Habs mods) will have to discuss as a group and decide on.

Old
06-20-2011, 10:09 AM
sandman08

good points Emporer sir.. can i have the stepladder back now i gotta grab something from up in the attic...

Old
06-20-2011, 10:18 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
I'd like to point out that, this wasn't a decision that me or the other Habs mods decided on. The decision was made by you (the Habs posters). A vote was held and the majority of you felt that keeping all Eklund rumours contained to one thread, was the best route to take.

At least democracy still works in some places.

Old
06-20-2011, 10:24 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

It's a marketing ploy to get every journalist and internet hack to sign up here as a way of securing sanctuary. If I were Jack Todd I'd have an account here.

Old
06-20-2011, 08:30 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman08 View Post
good points Emporer sir.. can i have the stepladder back now i gotta grab something from up in the attic...
It's actually a milk crate. On my admin salary, I can't afford a ladder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
At least democracy still works in some places.
Well the boards are here for the posters. So it just makes sense to allow them to have a voice in what goes on here, when possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimCareyPrice View Post
It's a marketing ploy to get every journalist and internet hack to sign up here as a way of securing sanctuary. If I were Jack Todd I'd have an account here.
Who's says he doesn't?

Old
06-20-2011, 09:07 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
It's actually a milk crate. On my admin salary, I can't afford a ladder.
Speaking of which, they still making you work overtime?

I say with all the extra overtime pay, you throw yourself a farewell party and invite all of us!

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Old
06-20-2011, 09:11 PM
Shadyone33

Now THAT'S what Toronto needs is to spend more money on D.

Old
06-20-2011, 09:15 PM
Teufelsdreck

Do you know what happens when I read an Eklund rumor? I rapidly forget what it says. It's like glancing at an ad for a product I wouldn't use. Does anyone on this forum use bath salts, for example?

Old
06-20-2011, 09:30 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Speaking of which, they still making you work overtime?

I say with all the extra overtime pay, you throw yourself a farewell party and invite all of us!
It looks like it. Either that or they're so busy with the server upgrades that they forgot about me.

Sounds like a plan, I just bought a new Weber BBQ earlier today and I'm dying to test it out.

06-21-2011, 01:58 PM
sandman08

Quote:
It looks like it. Either that or they're so busy with the server upgrades that they forgot about me.

Sounds like a plan, I just bought a new Weber BBQ earlier today and I'm dying to test it out.
geez H at least let the kid sign his shiny new deal before you bbq the young lad

Old
06-21-2011, 06:47 PM
sampollock

i wish eck would post stuff, of habs getting a big winger, with grit and size....

hint, try that

Old
06-21-2011, 06:49 PM
HomaridII

Something big was going to happen tonight, but not anymore, but something big will happen sometime.

I am not kidding, that is the essence of his last two tweets.

Old
06-21-2011, 06:55 PM
sampollock

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
Something big was going to happen tonight, but not anymore, but something big will happen sometime.

I am not kidding, that is the essence of his last two tweets.
i will stay up all night!

if gomer gets traded, and eck calls it, i will buy him a mgd

Old
06-21-2011, 07:52 PM
habfan1968

vCash: 50
@sampollock

if Gomez gets traded it better be for a #2 center that can gain the zone at will, like Gomez does.

Old
06-22-2011, 12:43 AM
DogsFan*
GHG

Now he's reporting Ryan Malone to MTL (E3) hahahaha ahhhh Eklund. Wouldn't mind seeing it but..

Old
06-22-2011, 01:48 AM
Habsland35

i know this prob wouldnt happen but just for fun

i dont know how id feel about this

hed fit perfectly in the line up next to plecs and cams but man at 31 years of age with i think 4 years left on his contract at 4.5, will he be able to play that type of game for much longer

i guess it all depends on who the habs need to give up to acquire him

i do believe the habs need another top 6 and if they cant get their hands on laich(which i doubt they can) then malone wouldnt be a terrible plan B but i think there is better out there

Old
06-22-2011, 05:03 AM
BLONG7

Cole would be better than Malone...he's free, and could be had cheaper in the long run...

Old
06-22-2011, 05:41 AM
Canadian_Brewtality

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogsFan View Post
Now he's reporting Ryan Malone to MTL (E3) hahahaha ahhhh Eklund. Wouldn't mind seeing it but..
funny. one of those french bloggers\so called insiders tweeted the same thing yesterday morning.
What a joke.

Also before anyone takes this seriously, he has an NMC, and i dont think too many guys want out of tampa.

Old
06-22-2011, 07:26 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogsFan View Post
I bet he got it from here yesterday...

Closed Thread