HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Vokoun will walk as UFA

Old
06-20-2011, 04:00 PM
Stats01

vCash: 580
Not surprised, Markstrom is expected to be the main guy for Florida next season so Vokoun is out, plus they've been trying to move him the last two years. I could see him heading up the road to TB. Not many teams need goalies so his options are going to be limited.

Stats01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 04:25 PM
PeterTheGreat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats01 View Post
Not surprised, Markstrom is expected to be the main guy for Florida next season so Vokoun is out, plus they've been trying to move him the last two years. I could see him heading up the road to TB. Not many teams need goalies so his options are going to be limited.
Whats Tampa doing with Roloson? Are they going to let him walk?

I can see the Avs going after Vokoun as well.

PeterTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 04:49 PM
Adamg0013

this is what it says in english

The goalkeeper Thomas Vokoun is likely to become a free agent July 1, according to ESPN.com.

The Czech pocketed $ 6.3 million in 2011-2012.Even if negotiations do not seem to move, the Panthers' general manager Dale Tallon said he had left a long time before the deadline to reach agreement with Vokoun.He also mentioned that he was unable to predict whether the two would be able to agree.

Vokoun officer stated that his client had not closed the door to stay in Florida, but it is tempting to test the market.An article in the Czech newspaper Mlada fronta Dnes Vokoun had a quote where he mentioned being interested in the Colorado Avalanche.The guard, however, denied everything, stating that he had never discussed with the author of the text.

The guard presented a 34-year record of 22-28-5 with a GAA of 2.55 and an efficiency percentage of, 917 last season.

the original report is from ESPN... which is sometime a very unreliable source when it comes to rumors, both Vokoun and the Panthers would like to come to an agreement... but very well may leave in FA... but rest assure that Tallon has a plan at goalie, a FA or Markstrom

Adamg0013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 04:52 PM
NuxFan09

The Lightning should sign him. He could be their new Nikolai Khabibulin and help them win a Cup before he retires.

NuxFan09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 04:58 PM
Laus723
#CatsAreComing

Not really news, not sure why people "feel bad for Panther fans," we've been speculating on this for some time. Love Vokoun, but the team is rebuilding, finally the right way (thanks to new owner, GM, and asst GM), and Vokoun deserves a Cup.

Still a possibility, as he says in the article, but I've been expecting a goalie like Emery to be signed.

06-20-2011, 06:36 PM
DeltaSwede

Tampa, Colorado, or Phoenix. Only teams I can see him signing with. Philly as well if Bryz does not sign with them.

2 year, 8 million dollar deal with Tampa.

DeltaSwede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 06:47 PM
Doctor Drej
Unregistered User

I'd like to see Vokoun here but unless **** just goes completely wrong with Brewer and/or Roloson talks I won't hold my breath on it happening. Goaltending is the one thing I'm very curious to see where SFY goes. He has to fill 2 spots and last year his plan of Ellis/Smith blew up in our face (though not SFY's fault, who knew Ellis would turn into Toskala-lite?) when instead he could of signed Nabokov, Theodore..etc among others.

And don't feel sorry for Panthers fans, as far as goaltending atleast. Someone will randomly come along and continue to torture the Lightning anyway.

Doctor Drej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 07:05 PM
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks

Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
Not surprising.

I've been saying it for a few months now, but I can really see Vokoun going to Colorado. Tampa Bay and Phoenix, and possibly Philadelphia are also in need of a starting goalie.

As for the Panthers, they'll probably sign a veteran. I think there's a chance they land Turco. Either him, Harding, or Emery would be my guesses.

Rivet52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 07:22 PM
66-29-33

I bet he goes to TB. I wonder if TB signs Roloson aswell, and have a nice 1-2 combo.

66-29-33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 07:24 PM
ShootIt

Would like to see the Panthers go after Harding if Vokoun decides to go to another team

ShootIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 07:33 PM
Laus723
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
As far as the psibility of bringing back veteran goalie Tomas Vokoun, an impending free agent on July 1, Tallon repeated that they’re having ongoing talks but, “there’s still time, and you don’t get any points for doing it early.”
http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports...tinel+Blogs%29

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 07:53 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

vCash: 844
I hope this isn't misconstrued as a knock against any other teams, but IF Vokoun is leaving FLA (and I'm not sure how true that is, they have to spend A LOT of money just to make it to Cap Floor) then I can't see how he'd take 2 yrs for 8 mil from TB when the Avs can also offer a lot of money, more than 4 mil, because they too have to make it to the cap floor.

Granted, with the way TB played this past year, 1 game away from the SCF, and the way the Avs played, 1 loss away from #1 overall, I can see that the two teams would be different, with TB having a HUGE edge over the Avs as far as potential to go deep into the playoffs

But I believe that if the Avs can remain healthy and have a good goaltender they could find themselves back in the playoffs next year

RockLobster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 08:09 PM
Steve Varmalov
And Then....

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
I hope this isn't misconstrued as a knock against any other teams, but IF Vokoun is leaving FLA (and I'm not sure how true that is, they have to spend A LOT of money just to make it to Cap Floor) then I can't see how he'd take 2 yrs for 8 mil from TB when the Avs can also offer a lot of money, more than 4 mil, because they too have to make it to the cap floor.

Granted, with the way TB played this past year, 1 game away from the SCF, and the way the Avs played, 1 loss away from #1 overall, I can see that the two teams would be different, with TB having a HUGE edge over the Avs as far as potential to go deep into the playoffs

But I believe that if the Avs can remain healthy and have a good goaltender they could find themselves back in the playoffs next year

Yep the Avs has A LOT of money to spend this offseason (just to get to the floor). They can throw more money at him then Tampa.

I wouldn't even mind 3 years at 5 or 5.5 million.

Steve Varmalov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 09:32 PM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post

I agree with that. I'd love to have him, but not sure how it'll play out.

Still All In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 09:39 PM
Hoffa28

Would rather see the Flyers go after him instead of Bryzgalov,..probably will come cheaper too...Bryzgalov could mean no Carter, even with the cap of $64...with Vokoun they could make a minor deal and keep him...

Hoffa28 is offline   Reply With Quote