HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Worst Case Scenario ( For this offseason)

Old
06-20-2011, 10:26 PM
Jtown

vCash: 500
Worst Case Scenario ( For this offseason)

Ive seen so many rosters with best case scenarios such as Getting Bryzgalov signed to a 5 mill cap hit or getting Gagne to come back and sign for about 2 mill.

What i want to know is what is your Nightmare Scenario like for this offseason?

Mine would be Signing Bryzgalov to a 6+ year 6+ mill contract and as a result having to trade Carter and Bob. Only getting Voracek and the 8th for Carter and only getting a second rounder for Bob.

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 10:30 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Signing Giguere and Torres after dumping Carter to TB for Randy Jones.

06-20-2011, 10:30 PM
ToTheNet

Send a message via AIM to ToTheNet
Bryz walks, Vokoun tells us to 'Eff off. Bob pulls a Pelle Lindburgh forcing the team to re-sign Boucher for $3 million and having Leights battle it out to be the #1 and then making Homer trade Richards for Dwayne Roloson and a 7th round pick. Pronger doesn't recover from surgery and needs to retire and we get stuck with his cap hit for 5 more years completely crippling the team.

ToTheNet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 10:40 PM
Jtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNet View Post
Bryz walks, Vokoun tells us to 'Eff off. Bob pulls a Pelle Lindburgh forcing the team to re-sign Boucher for $3 million and having Leights battle it out to be the #1 and then making Homer trade Richards for Dwayne Roloson and a 7th round pick. Pronger doesn't recover from surgery and needs to retire and we get stuck with his cap hit for 5 more years completely crippling the team.
This post disturbs me on so many levels. I believe this poster is in a very dark dark place in his or her life. Seek help

Old
06-20-2011, 10:42 PM
ToTheNet

Send a message via AIM to ToTheNet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
This post disturbs me on so many levels. I believe this poster is in a very dark dark place in his or her life. Seek help
too much of a nightmare scenario for you? lol

ToTheNet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 10:44 PM
Jtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNet View Post
too much of a nightmare scenario for you? lol
pretty much, all it needed was a giroux jvr trade to pittsurgh and i pretty much turn off the computer and call it a night.

Old
06-20-2011, 10:50 PM
Coppy
Good Luck Richie!

2006-07

Coppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 10:56 PM
Ironmanrulez
Rookie Mistake

could be reality:

Bryz: > 5.5
Leino: unsigned
Versteeg staying
Carter trading for Voracek & 8 (Pick never breaks out)
Carle trading for 2nd or 3rd round Pick and a low budget dmen (who sucks more than Carle)

a bit of humor:

Pronger & Timonen struggle, buying Carle back and trading for Randy Jones after Matt Walker and Bartulis injured themselves by falling over their own feet.

Ironmanrulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 11:00 PM
drownedsailors

Worst case scenario for me is if Shelly somehow gets injured during this offseason.

I'm sorry but I just don't see how we can call ourselves Stanley Cup Contenders without him on our roster.

Last edited by drownedsailors: 06-21-2011 at 01:13 AM.
drownedsailors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 11:14 PM
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus

Hmm, let's see. So we start off smooth by demoting MFL and the Blackhawks grab him for some odd reason. Great, right? Well unfortunately Bryz ends up walking and Boucher signs with the Yotes to reclaim his former glory (shutout streak lol), so we have Bob on our roster, which is fine.

Turns out that Richards and Carter getting injured was a much deeper issue, they both caught HIV from their partying and their bodies simply shut down and cannot regenerate cells fast enough to keep them healthy and are forced into early retirement.

To make matters worse, Briere and Giroux can't keep living a lie and they decide to demand a trade to Chicago so they can legally get married. Guess what's offered in return? MFL.

Pronger decides to train with Randy Jones in the offseason and is stricken down with a terrible case of awfulness and never quite recovers, thus destroying Matt Carle's career as well.

Timonen can't handle being glazed over for the captaincy in favor of Hartnell and retires early as well.

The "C" on Hartnell's chest throws off his equilibrium and he is literally incapable of skating and runs right into Bob, knocking both of them out for the season. Have no fear, MFL is here.

I think that's enough.

JohnnyOnTheSpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 11:17 PM
Jester

Look it never even crossed my mind that Paul Holmgren might run out there and sign Leighton to a two-*ing-year contract just before FA opened last year. On top of that, it never occurred to me that he would offer a 4th line goon that can't play minutes in the playoffs a 3 year contract (at a decent cap hit).

So, really, the bar with Holmgren is pretty damn high at this point... I don't think anyone can guess "worst case scenario" with some of the crap he's pulled.

He's literally capable of doing anything.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 11:25 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Ive seen so many rosters with best case scenarios such as Getting Bryzgalov signed to a 5 mill cap hit or getting Gagne to come back and sign for about 2 mill.

Mine would be Signing Bryzgalov to a 6+ year 6+ mill contract and as a result having to trade Carter and Bob. Only getting Voracek and the 8th for Carter and only getting a second rounder for Bob.
Not signing Bryzgalov. I want him in net so I do not have to see all the *****ing people do in this forum about not having a number one goal tender.

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 12:03 AM
BernieParent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Look it never even crossed my mind that Paul Holmgren might run out there and sign Leighton to a two-*ing-year contract just before FA opened last year. On top of that, it never occurred to me that he would offer a 4th line goon that can't play minutes in the playoffs a 3 year contract (at a decent cap hit).

So, really, the bar with Holmgren is pretty damn high at this point... I don't think anyone can guess "worst case scenario" with some of the crap he's pulled.

That's pretty accurate. Paul Holmgren could trade Carter to Columbus for just the 8th and then use the 8th to pick up Klotz's brother (if he has one). He signs Bryzgalov for $6.5 million/year for 5 years, only to have Bryzgalov injure himself in the first practice game. Jarkko Ruutu becomes a Flyer. The opportunities are endless.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 05:01 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Bryzgalov gets injured. Thats pretty much the worst case scenario.

Paul holmgren only has to do a couple of things.

1. Sign Bryz under 5.5
2. Ditch Shelley, Leighton and walker.
3. Choose one of Versteeg, Carle or Carter to leave the club.
4. Get some size back in the team.

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 06:19 AM
decadentia

Worst case Ontario...has to involve Brad Richards signing and Carter gone somehow. Oh, and Leighton, can't forget about Leighton.

decadentia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 07:08 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

If I ever see Leighton in a flyers uniform again i might just stop following the flyers.

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 07:55 AM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:

Well said. I'm terrified of what the hell he's going to pull out of his ass this season.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 08:42 AM
dats81

Worst case scenario?

Bryzgalov walks away to sign with the Caps. Vokou resigns with Florida and the Flyers end up with Turco, Theodore or.....Boosh?! By mid season Homer decides to trade a future first round pick for Roloson.

Pronger never recovers from surgery and Kimmo gets injured early in the season. Homer decides to trade JVR for some enigmatic overpaid defenseman.

Locker room issues become a serious concern and Mike Richards is stripped of the C.

dats81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 08:56 AM
The Saw Is the Law

Not signing goatlender

The Saw Is the Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 09:02 AM
Pantokrator
Who's the clown?

Quote:

I agree. My thought is that he signs Bryz to 6 million + and then gets rid of Carle plus next year's first for Matt Walker's brother, who costs as much and is as bad. Still being over the cap, he then is forced to trade Bobrovsky plus 2 second rounders for Georges Laraque.

Holmgren is a poor manager of assests. He'll make trades when his back is against the wall in order to shed salary. I guarantee he does not get fair return for any of his trades once he signs Bryzgalov because all the teams know he needs to shed salary.

Pantokrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 09:10 AM
Guest123

Worst case scenario is Richards and Carter both gone.

Guest123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 09:23 AM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
If that came to be, I'm not sure I could continue to cheer for a team who retains a brain damaged GM and who allows said GM to completely **** up a franchise.

Old
06-21-2011, 10:22 AM
Pantokrator
Who's the clown?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
But we could get a few first round draft picks for them! They might turn out to be point per game producers and 30 or 40 goal scorers! We could end up with players that will be as good as Richards and Carter!

Pantokrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 10:40 AM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantokrator View Post
But we could get a few first round draft picks for them! They might turn out to be point per game producers and 30 or 40 goal scorers! We could end up with players that will be as good as Richards and Carter!
OT, but your avatar is cracking me up!

Old
06-21-2011, 11:21 AM
BillDineen

Quote:

Given last year, I am just holding my breath until July 2. Hopefully, Bryzgalov is not signed ahead of any salary dump. As long as Homer does not enter panic mode in the next two weeks, I think this offseason has the potential to be positive.

BillDineen is offline   Reply With Quote