HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Trade Proposal Thread ‎2011 (part 6)

View Poll Results: Who would you trade for Kyle Turris?
Brendan Gallagher 1 3.57%
Nathan Beaulieu 0 0%
Lars Eller 1 3.57%
Alexander Avtsin & Michael Bournival 2 7.14%
Louis Leblanc & Yannick Weber 4 14.29%
Two first round picks 0 0%
One first round and two (or three) second round picks 0 0%
Nope! Ain't gonna do it. 20 71.43%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
06-20-2011, 12:44 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarjak View Post
This is ridiculous. As has been said plenty of times before, Gomez can be traded. Stop watching RDS.

We won't get much in return, but teams below the floor will be interested in him.
Seriously. Many teams don't spend to the cap and all they care about is salary figures.

Gomez's salary is 5.83 mil on average for next 3 years. Forget about teams below the floor, non cap teams in general can easily swallow 5.83 for a guy with cup experience, a 2nd line pedigree and a 1st line history. Obviously, the list of suitors is minimal, but to say negative value is crazy. So I'm with Skarjak, he IS tradeable, but at what price? Maybe the return doesn't help us at all, so why would they bother?

Old
06-20-2011, 04:49 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

Pouliot + 4th rounder for a 2nd rounder?

Do you think it's fair value?

Old
06-20-2011, 05:39 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post

I wouldn't get to far ahead of things Pouliot with Eller and Kostitsyn could be one really good line this year.

Old
06-20-2011, 05:59 PM
NLHabsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
I wouldn't get to far ahead of things Pouliot with Eller and Kostitsyn could be one really good line this year.
I hope the Habs use Desharnais in his place. I think that would make a better line. It may be the option they go with now that he just signed for 2 years.

That doesn't mean I think they should trade Pouliot, but the way the roster is shaping out there may not be room for him. So if they can get a decent pick in return, it may be worth it. Especially if that 2nd (regarding the proposal you quoted) was a high pick, such as CLB or NASH.

Old
06-20-2011, 07:41 PM
Protest the Hero

If Kostitsyn has a good year this year, in the area of 30 goals, Gauthier could potentially pull a similar move as Chiarelli-Burke. I'm not saying 2 first rounders, but if we can get a high 2012 first rounder, or more likely a 2013 first rounder from a team who thinks they're better than they actually are, that would be great.

It probably depends on how Kristo or Avtsin develop this year, but I don't think Kostitsyn is long for this team whether he has a great year or not.

Old
06-20-2011, 07:54 PM
NLHabsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less Habitats View Post
If Kostitsyn has a good year this year, in the area of 30 goals, Gauthier could potentially pull a similar move as Chiarelli-Burke. I'm not saying 2 first rounders, but if we can get a high 2012 first rounder, or more likely a 2013 first rounder from a team who thinks they're better than they actually are, that would be great.

It probably depends on how Kristo or Avtsin develop this year, but I don't think Kostitsyn is long for this team whether he has a great year or not.
Kostitsyn will be UFA so he won't have anywhere near that value.

Old
06-20-2011, 08:33 PM
MarkovsKnee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
They'd probably find a way to match it, but this would at least make the Rangers' cap situation even tougher, and would maybe force a trade that would get us a quality player: offer Anisimov an offer sheet at $1.9mil per year, the same one Bobby Clarke offered Kesler. Wait until after the draft, so that the 2nd round pick in compensation would be the 2012 pick that we still own.

Hopefully the rest of the NHL gets in on this with offer sheets to Dubinsky (Leafs?) and Callahan. If the Rangers are going to sign Richards, might as well go after them.
I'm pretty sure both Dubinsky and Callahan are eligible for salary arbitration, which means all the Rags have to do is give them a qualifying offer, have them refuse it & then request salary arbitration in both of their cases. That would mean no team would be allowed to offer them a group II free agent contract. The Rags could negotiate with them both up until the case is presented in front of an arbitrator, which would be mid-August.

$1.9m is around what Anisimov should probably get considering his pt. total last year. When Philadelphia offered that contract to Kesler, he had scored 10g, and finished with 23 pts. It was a contract offer that was above what Kesler should have been making at that time. He and Vancouver were negotiating a 2-year $2m contract at the time, and Vancouver ended up having to pay him almost $2m over one year.

Anisimov had 18g, 44 pts last year. If you want to pull a "Kesler" then you would need to offer more than $1.9m, which is around what he legitimately should be earning. The offer would have to be in the $3m range.

Old
06-20-2011, 09:36 PM
RE-HABS

Florida needs to spend $30 million to get to the cap floor!

PG needs to contact Tallon and try to see if he can unload Gomez in a trade, the Panthers have tons of prospects and are building for the future, not tomorrow like the Habs.

Since they are so deep in the prospects area, and there are rumours of them to be entertaining the possibility of trading the #4 why not see if you can get it?

How about seeing if you can work out a bigger deal to get Weiss to replace Gomez??

Gomez
1st pick (17th)
Tinordi (last years 1st rounder) or next years 1st

for

4th overall

The only thing I hate to trade is Tinordi (or the other 1st) cause we don't know what he could be, but it does possibly get us one of Nugent-Hopkins, Larsson, Huberdeau, Landeskog or Couturier.

It would have to include some nice talent going the other way in current or prospects to get Weiss.

Trade them Spacek to finish his career with his original team long with Gomez....it gives them $10 + million towards their goal of getting to the cap floor! lol

PG needs to make the call, just kick the tires at least.

Old
06-20-2011, 09:54 PM
HCH

Quote:

Still trying to dump one of our better players?

Old
06-20-2011, 10:29 PM
Protest the Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCH View Post
Still trying to dump one of our better players?
No I've defended Kostitsyn in the past. I'm trying to find ways in which Gauthier can pull off a similar move as Chiarelli did. He had to give up a consistent 30 goal scorer but now they have a potential first line center, plus a decent pick in this upcoming draft.

I chose Kostitsyn because he's the only player I'm willing to trade that's actually worth anything. He'd fetch a higher price than Cammalleri or Gionta I'm sure, and I don't want to trade Pacioretty or Subban.

Old
06-20-2011, 11:06 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
No I've defended Kostitsyn in the past. I'm trying to find ways in which Gauthier can pull off a similar move as Chiarelli did. He had to give up a consistent 30 goal scorer but now they have a potential first line center, plus a decent pick in this upcoming draft.

I chose Kostitsyn because he's the only player I'm willing to trade that's actually worth anything. He'd fetch a higher price than Cammalleri or Gionta I'm sure, and I don't want to trade Pacioretty or Subban.
You're out of your mind. Especially Cammalleri.

Old
06-20-2011, 11:47 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLHabsFan View Post
I hope the Habs use Desharnais in his place. I think that would make a better line. It may be the option they go with now that he just signed for 2 years.

That doesn't mean I think they should trade Pouliot, but the way the roster is shaping out there may not be room for him. So if they can get a decent pick in return, it may be worth it. Especially if that 2nd (regarding the proposal you quoted) was a high pick, such as CLB or NASH.
Truly I don't want to see Pouliot traded he has far to many qualities I like and with the way the Habs are being put together this season,the offence is definitely going to be far better this year.Pouliot could have a breakout type of season with all of the centermen the Habs have and the offensive defencemen the Habs are going to rock this year.Just my opinion.

Old
06-20-2011, 11:52 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post

PG needs to contact Tallon and try to see if he can unload Gomez in a trade, the Panthers have tons of prospects and are building for the future, not tomorrow like the Habs.

Since they are so deep in the prospects area, and there are rumours of them to be entertaining the possibility of trading the #4 why not see if you can get it?

How about seeing if you can work out a bigger deal to get Weiss to replace Gomez??

Gomez
1st pick (17th)

for

4th overall

The only thing I hate to trade is Tinordi (or the other 1st) cause we don't know what he could be, but it does possibly get us one of Nugent-Hopkins, Larsson, Huberdeau, Landeskog or Couturier.

It would have to include some nice talent going the other way in current or prospects to get Weiss.

Trade them Spacek to finish his career with his original team long with Gomez....it gives them $10 + million towards their goal of getting to the cap floor! lol

Tallon isn't trading Florida's 3rd overall pick,he stated that before the Lottery draw.Weiss is a young talented player the type of player Tallon built the Blackhawks with.Any player can be had but,the price Tallon will be asking would veto any trade.Surely you jest about trading Gomez,Tinordi and two first round picks for Florida's 3rd,better to offer sheet Nashville for Shea Weber it would be a sure thing at least.The problem with offer sheets is it creates a dog eat dog mentality,we want to win the Stanley Cup not get in a pissing contest with other teams.Have all the other GM's going after our players with absurd offers we'd have to match.

Last edited by S Bah: 06-20-2011 at 11:59 PM.
Old
06-21-2011, 06:54 AM
Roke

Quote:

Why would a team give up a 1st-rounder for a Kostitsyn when he's a pending UFA after this coming season?

Old
06-21-2011, 07:27 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post

Gomez
1st pick (17th)

for

4th overall

I wouldn't be shocked if they were interested in Gomez and/or Spacek because of the cap floor, but I doubt they even entertain trading the #4 pick unless we trade Subban, Pacioretty or Price.

Old
06-21-2011, 11:04 AM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I wouldn't be shocked if they were interested in Gomez and/or Spacek because of the cap floor, but I doubt they even entertain trading the #4 pick unless we trade Subban, Pacioretty or Price.
They can't entertain the thought of trading the #4 overall it belongs to New Jersey.Florida has the 3rd pick and Tallon has proven he's a great judge of talent,that's why he loaded up with picks since he became GM in Florida.Gauthier is a great judge of talent also that's the reason the Habs will be in the playoffs again this year.

Old
06-21-2011, 12:07 PM
Roulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CammerScores View Post
I'm pretty sure both Dubinsky and Callahan are eligible for salary arbitration, which means all the Rags have to do is give them a qualifying offer, have them refuse it & then request salary arbitration in both of their cases. That would mean no team would be allowed to offer them a group II free agent contract. The Rags could negotiate with them both up until the case is presented in front of an arbitrator, which would be mid-August.

$1.9m is around what Anisimov should probably get considering his pt. total last year. When Philadelphia offered that contract to Kesler, he had scored 10g, and finished with 23 pts. It was a contract offer that was above what Kesler should have been making at that time. He and Vancouver were negotiating a 2-year $2m contract at the time, and Vancouver ended up having to pay him almost $2m over one year.

Anisimov had 18g, 44 pts last year. If you want to pull a "Kesler" then you would need to offer more than $1.9m, which is around what he legitimately should be earning. The offer would have to be in the $3m range.
You make a couple of good points. Regarding arbitration, I would have thought the same, but: http://www.rangerstribune.com/the-ra...angersyet.html - the Rangers declined, probably because they want to be sure to leave room for Richards.

You are probably right, that an offer to Anisimov would have to be in the 3m range. Luckily, salary inflation since the Kesler offer sheet basically brings the reasonable offer to the 3m mark - $3,134,088, to be exact, for the compensation to be a 2nd round pick. When I originally suggested a 1.9m offer sheet, I was assuming that compensation levels had not been adjusted for inflation.

Old
06-21-2011, 05:29 PM
Bieber fever

taken from the main board....

Weber + 17th overall

for

Malone + 27th overall

Old
06-21-2011, 05:33 PM
Roulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bieber fever View Post

Weber + 17th overall

for

Malone + 27th overall
Malone is signed from age 32 through 35 at 4.5m per year. I wouldn't sign him as a free agent to that contract, let alone give up Weber and trade down in the draft. Just my opinion, but I also don't see enough young defencemen in the Habs' system that I consider it a position of strength to trade from.

Old
06-21-2011, 05:54 PM
habsrule22

Quote:

Weber + 17th overall

for

Malone + 27th overall
Malone only scored 14 goals last year and only 3 in the play offs. He missed 30 games and on avg. 15 games the 2 years before that. Tampa is the one trying to unload salary to sign Stampkos. They should be the one sweetening the pot. He s making 4.5m for the next 4 years

Old
06-21-2011, 05:56 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

Weber + 17th overall

for

Malone + 27th overall
I wouldn't trade Malone for Weber straight up let alone throwing in a 10 pick jump in the draft. A 45 point guy making 4.5 mil doesn't have much value regardless of if he is 6'4" or 7 feet tall.

Weber will make below 1 mil and he has nice upside, that's exactly the type of deal where your GM looks like an idiot in a year or two(see Gomez, Scott).

I'd pay 4.75-5 mil to Laich before giving up anything for Malone...Laich has more skill, is younger and costs no assets to sign. There are other options like Cole...

Old
06-21-2011, 06:07 PM
Protest the Hero

Yeah if they're trying to clear cap space then why should we include our first as well.

I wonder if Toronto would trade their 25th and 39th for our 17th. I'm sure they'd happily give us the 30th instead, but they could jump up 8 spots and grab someone they like, or Ottawa instead.

All of this is assuming that there isn't someone Timmins and co. really want though.

Old
06-21-2011, 06:35 PM
larrypacman8167

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post

maybe with a team that has several second rounders say............ ottawa

Old
06-21-2011, 06:40 PM
larrypacman8167

Quote:
Yeah if they're trying to clear cap space then why should we include our first as well.

I wonder if Toronto would trade their 25th and 39th for our 17th. I'm sure they'd happily give us the 30th instead, but they could jump up 8 spots and grab someone they like, or Ottawa instead.

All of this is assuming that there isn't someone Timmins and co. really want though.
i ve been thinkin about that for a few days and to me it seems fair for both teams

Old
06-22-2011, 06:21 AM
Beendair Donedat

Proposed it a long time back but I still like the idea of moving Weber to New Jersey for David Clarkson. Clarkson is only a 2.6 mill cap hit and adds size and sandpaper to the lineup.

Sign Konopka as a UFA and your team looks like this up front:

Pacioretty - Gomez- Gionta
Cammelleri - Plek - Clarkson
Kostitsyn - Desharnais -Eller
Moen - Konopka - White

Closed Thread