HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Germany

Roster spots in 2.Bundasliga??

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-21-2011, 11:27 AM
  #1
topcheese19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 6
vCash: 500
Roster spots in 2.Bundasliga??

I have played 2 seasons in the CHL, finished fourth in scoring my rookie year in the league and led my team in +/- .
My 2nd year 2010-2011 I made the CHL all-star team, had 60pts in 64games. 26g 34a. led the league in shorthanded goals and points. voted 2nd best PK in the league and got player of the month in december.

Ideally I would like to play in the 2.Bundasliga next year, just throwing it out there to see if anyone had a connection or could possibly help me get into that league.
I am thinking about holland but i have heard that playing there will put a blemish on my resume?? Any information and opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thank You

I would be an import as i am from the states.

topcheese19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 11:29 AM
  #2
hage
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 57
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by topcheese19 View Post
I have played 2 seasons in the CHL, finished fourth in scoring my rookie year in the league and led my team in +/- .
My 2nd year 2010-2011 I made the CHL all-star team, had 60pts in 64games. 26g 34a. led the league in shorthanded goals and points. voted 2nd best PK in the league and got player of the month in december.

Ideally I would like to play in the 2.Bundasliga next year, just throwing it out there to see if anyone had a connection or could possibly help me get into that league.
I am thinking about holland but i have heard that playing there will put a blemish on my resume?? Any information and opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thank You

I would be an import as i am from the states.
Assuming I identified you correctly from your stats you've posted, you've allready signed in Holland now. Would probably have been too late to start looking for a Bundesliga team now anyways since most of the teams there are pretty far advanced with their rosters for next year, especially regarding import players.

But still, besides having to have an agent (which you probably allready do), another good way to get in contact with German teams is to get former teammates that played there help you get in touch with coaches.

If you've played for Arizona in 09/10, then you know Konrad Reeder and Chris Bartolone and could talk to them. Konrad Reeder has been released from his contract arround Christmas though due to not fulfilling expectations, so you can roughly estimate the level of play there.

hage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 01:25 AM
  #3
malkinfan
Registered User
 
malkinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Canada
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 3,081
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
Dont want to start a new thread but I am inquiring about roster spots for German 3/4th league. I played with this guy : http://eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=119135 He has an agent who helped him get his spot. Perhaps you don't know where to find an agent for one of these teams how could you get on a roster? I currently skate with guys who have played in Ger. 2 Ger 3 so I know the skill level required. How would a team say in the 4th or 5th level acquire their imports?

malkinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 11:03 AM
  #4
zecke26
Registered User
 
zecke26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 10,251
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by malkinfan View Post
Dont want to start a new thread but I am inquiring about roster spots for German 3/4th league. I played with this guy : http://eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=119135 He has an agent who helped him get his spot. Perhaps you don't know where to find an agent for one of these teams how could you get on a roster? I currently skate with guys who have played in Ger. 2 Ger 3 so I know the skill level required. How would a team say in the 4th or 5th level acquire their imports?
sent you a PM.

zecke26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 01:42 PM
  #5
carwin
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3
vCash: 500
Do many players from the 2 bundesliga advance to the DEL each year. If so who might have a chance this year

carwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 07:02 PM
  #6
hage
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 57
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by carwin View Post
Do many players from the 2 bundesliga advance to the DEL each year. If so who might have a chance this year
On average it's probably like 1 guy per team each year, sometimes maybe two.

Most of those are young German prospects. Since many DEL teams like Hamburg, Hanover, Munich and Wolfsburg do little to nothing for developing young players on their own, they need to rely on hockey hotbeds in the south (most of whose senior teams play in the Bundesliga or the 3rd tier Oberliga) to fill their rosters with cheap, young talent.

Import players have to be really good to gain a DEL teams interest and many only get a chance to play DEL once they gain a German passport.

Recent import players now playing in the DEL that I can think of right now are
- T.J Mulock, Darin Olver, Garret Festerling (got a German passport and played for the national team)
- Rob Brown, Peter Flache, Kyle Helms, Tyson Mulock, Kevin Schmidt (got a German passport)
- Stephen Werner, Dusan Frosch, Adam Mitchell, Eric Schneider, Calvin Elfring, Dustin Whitecotton(no German passport)

Of the imports from the past season I think only Lubomir Dibelka and Cory Quirk (via Finland) went do the DEL.

I can imagine Brendan Cook, Robin Just and David Elsner playing in the DEL next season

hage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 12:16 PM
  #7
AlexOvechkin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Bietigheim
Country: Germany
Posts: 1
vCash: 500
I hope Robin Just stays in Bietigheim

AlexOvechkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 05:01 PM
  #8
carwin
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3
vCash: 500
Thanks for the info

carwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 05:14 PM
  #9
hage
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 57
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexOvechkin View Post
I hope Robin Just stays in Bietigheim
Maybe he'll be able to play DEL and stay in Bietigheim

hage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 07:05 PM
  #10
carwin
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3
vCash: 500
what about matt caruana who plays for the starbulls he has AHL experience and having a good year in rosenhiem

carwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 06:32 AM
  #11
hage
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 57
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by carwin View Post
what about matt caruana who plays for the starbulls he has AHL experience and having a good year in rosenhiem
I'm from Rosenheim myself so I've seen him play plenty of times. Everyone here is very satisfied with him but I dont think he will get an offer from any DEL team this summer.

He's just not outstanding enough to make DEL teams want him. His linemate Greg Squires is the one shining on that line, making a lot of incredible plays and smart passes. Matt then often just has to shove the puck over the line

I think the Starbulls would gladly extend his contract for another year and as far as I know he's open to it, but it depends on what other offers he gets this summer

hage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 01:48 PM
  #12
jameswrjobe53
Registered User
 
jameswrjobe53's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Williamsburg VA
Country: Wake Island
Posts: 1,704
vCash: 492
Can United States import players get tryouts in lower level German leagues? and how could one do so?

jameswrjobe53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:10 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.