HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Trade with Dallas that goes beyond Richards

Old
06-20-2011, 05:01 PM
DrSutton*
Given Up

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
lolwut? You actually don't like a giant D-man with fists of steel? Or is this an attempt at what the kids call 'sarcasm?' I think the rational of including McIlrath is that Dallas supposed really wanted him the spot after us.
That's definitely sarcasm from Orr haha

DrSutton* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 05:25 PM
freewheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
Yea I am in favor of it completely.

It may be because I have confidence that Richards will sign with us, and if he does it looks like a steal.

To me the only piece that hurts giving up is Artem. I can live with giving up MDZ and I won't cry myself to sleep at night if we lost McIlrath (as you said the book is still wide open on him.

Even if we don't land Richards, Eriksson would be incredible on our top line LW spot.

Otherwise if we get both players this is a steal of epic proportions.

I would do this trade everyday of the week and twice on Sundays.

Eriksson will be an 80 point player in this league, and he is still very young. I can live with giving up the two d-men, but it may hurt to give up AA. If we get Richards that blow will be less painful though.
Between this thread and the Trade Board, nearly every reaction is extreme, but about equally in opposite directions. I really like the players the Rangers would be giving up, especially Artie. But you have to give to get. Anisimov could be the player conditional to Richards signing. With Richards, we have our top line Center. Between Anisimov and Stepan, I'd take Stepan moving forward between Dubi and Cally. That's not a bad top 6:

Eriksson - Richards - Gaborik
Dubi - Stepan - Callahan

And we keep the bulk of our defensive core in tact, especially with the recent moves to acquire Erixon and Lindberg, and the depth still in the system with VTank, Kundratek, etc.

This won't be the move, since I just made it up, but moves will be made, and I think soon. And if the big player is there to be had leveraging our depth, I think Sather pulls the trigger. I can't imagine they went into this offseason expecting to land Erixon (Lindberg maybe). They moved 2 decent offensive prospects along with a couple more draft picks on two more defensemen. They have the luxury of choosing the exact type of player they want on their back end, and I think one of them is probably Erixon.

Regardless, I'm excited for the next few weeks.

freewheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 05:27 PM
freewheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
I think the rational of including McIlrath is that Dallas supposed really wanted him the spot after us.
Correct, and that we'd be dealing from extraordinary depth.

Old
06-20-2011, 05:31 PM
freewheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSutton View Post
Kreider would have to be going the other way in any Ericsson trade
Because he's our only quality trade piece? What's Anisimov? We have depth, and so the luxury to be more picky with who we keep and who we use as bait. Just because you move a guy doesn't mean you don't like him. But if it means Eriksson....

Old
06-20-2011, 05:55 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

I'd do MDZ/McIlrath and Anisimov for Eriksson (assuming we sign Richards) And I LOVE Arty.

DALLAS wouldn't.

BlueshirtBlitz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 06:49 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

I think if Dallas loses Richards and Louie in the same summer those fans would have a right to be very upset with their team

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 06:54 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
I like it...I'm tempted to say Dallas may ask for a middle range prospect in addition...Eriksson is not a slouch, and while we covet Anisimov IMO he hasn't even established himself as a solidified top 6 player...MDZ and McIlrath's value are both at all-time lows.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 06:54 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by freewheeler View Post
Because he's our only quality trade piece? What's Anisimov? We have depth, and so the luxury to be more picky with who we keep and who we use as bait. Just because you move a guy doesn't mean you don't like him. But if it means Eriksson....
Kreider's value is much higher than Anisimov's IMO. The ceiling is a lot higher for Kreider.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 07:19 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

I think it works well for both teams.

But, I do think Dallas would ask for a high draft pick along with that package.

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 07:20 PM
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

I think Dallas would say "Kreider of GTFO".

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 07:24 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
I agree. I think if they're trading us their best offensive player they'd want our best offensive prospect in return.

Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 07:40 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Jesus guys, last warning... "Stupid," "no," "" and so on are not valid posts. It's spam. Share an actual opinion or else keep it to yourself.

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 08:05 PM
DrSutton*
Given Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by freewheeler View Post
No, because he is a high quality prospect who might be able to one day slip into Loui's spot. Anisimov has a lot of value, but they would need more on top of that to part with him. He's also a "name" prospect, something you could take back to the fans and say "look, here is a high quality player we got back in return who will be a big part of our future, he was the Rangers top prospect".
That's not that hard to figure out.
Ericsson + Richards + Gaborik = elite top line
I'd give up Kreider and Anisimov for that

Old
06-20-2011, 08:20 PM
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

Quote:
No, because he is a high quality prospect who might be able to one day slip into Loui's spot. Anisimov has a lot of value, but they would need more on top of that to part with him. He's also a "name" prospect, something you could take back to the fans and say "look, here is a high quality player we got back in return who will be a big part of our future, he was the Rangers top prospect".
I gotta say, I usually shy away from the big names, but Eriksson could really go super saiyan with Gabby drawing primary coverage. That'd be a nice line to have.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 08:21 PM
DrSutton*
Given Up

Quote:
I gotta say, I usually shy away from the big names, but Eriksson could really go super saiyan with Gabby drawing primary coverage. That'd be a nice line to have.
You're telling me man - it's drool inducing.

Old
06-20-2011, 10:07 PM
NYRangers16

Quote:
You're telling me man - it's drool inducing.
It really is - give up any prospects they want, it makes us cup contenders immediately and we can spend the next 2-3 years building up our picks again...

Eriksson-Richards-Gabby
Dubi-Stepan-Cally
Feds-Boyle-Prust

Just need to piece together a 3rd or 4th line but that's not hard at all...and we keep our top 5 D and our goalies...

It's a ton of potential, but we'd be getting our money's worth and we wouldn't need much else to round out the team.

NYRangers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 10:13 PM
NYRangers16

If you guys want to see it another way, we are essentially trading Artie/EC for Richards and Eriksson...that's 160 pts for 70, and 60+ goals for 35...without impacting our defense or goaltening at all.

If you add 25 goals to our goal differential last year, we'd be one of the best teams in the league.

Then, on top of that figure Dubi and Cally stay healthy, and Stepan improves and we have even more.

And if we could keep Artie and move Krieder, even better because then we just need 2 3rd line wingers. I know people love prospects, but if we added Richards and traded for Erikkson, we'd be elite instantly also we'd still have a bunch of cap room next summer too o.O

NYRangers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2011, 11:27 PM
freewheeler

Quote:
I'm fine with the rationale, but you said any deal would need to involve Kreider. I just don't know that I agree that he is a must. We have a lot of very valuable prospects, and if NY was intent on keeping Kreider, I don't that would necessarily end discussions. That said, if the deal you suggest were proposed, I too could probably live with it, especially knowing we would keep at least one of MDZ/McIlrath and still have Grachev/Thomas/etc.

Old
06-20-2011, 11:37 PM
freewheeler

And for everyone saying Dallas is not having a fire-sale and they wouldn't want to lose their best two offensive players, in the offseason after moving Neal, I understand. For one, I'm not suggesting this be brought before Sather, but I think an aggressive move like this could make this team a legit contender very quickly without gutting the system, which speaks to the organization's job in stocking the system. I'd also guess that NY's ability to consistently identify and develop players like Sauer, Girardi, etc adds to their credibility. It might not be Eriksson for the reasons mentioned, but if a similar deal could be had with another franchise, I think the Rangers consider it.

Also, just because a guy isn't being shopped, or is coveted, doesn't mean an aggressive offer wouldn't be considered. GM's are famous for saying they are 'always open to improving the team', blah blah blah. A lot of it is lip service, but it only takes one to pull the trigger, and if there's a GM to provoke them, it's Sather.

Old
06-21-2011, 12:53 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

I would ****ing love Eriksson.

BlueshirtBlitz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 05:28 AM
Blue Blooded

vCash: 504
Eriksson has a NTC, though he might waive it if we sign Richards (in addition to the allure of NYC, him and Lundqvist being old teammates and moving from a rebuilding team to a possible contender).

I think this is a situation where you overpay with prospects/picks rather than roster players and base the package around Kreider and McI rather than Anisimov. We have a young core with a lot of prospects coming up and there are only so many roster spots. As long as the trade is made after Drury can be put on LTIR we could fit him under the cap without sending salary back.

Since Dallas still have good centers (Ribeiro+Benn) a package of Kreider+ some of our D prospects (and picks?) might interest Dallas if they go into rebuild mode. If a package based around Kreider, McIlrath+ could get it done, I'd jump all over that.

Eriksson-Richards-Gaborik
Dubinsky-Anisimov-Callahan
Avery/Wolski-Stepan-MZA
Fedotenko-Boyle-Prust

Staal-Girardi
McD-Sauer
MDZ-Erixon

Lundqvist
Biron

Blue Blooded is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 07:51 AM
Orr Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
I like it...I'm tempted to say Dallas may ask for a middle range prospect in addition...Eriksson is not a slouch, and while we covet Anisimov IMO he hasn't even established himself as a solidified top 6 player...MDZ and McIlrath's value are both at all-time lows.
where do u come up with this stuff?

Orr Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 09:29 AM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
You'd still have to seriously consider it. Even at the expense of Kreider. I'm a big fan of the kid, but if you can get a 26 y/o winger of Eriksson's caliber for an unproven commodity like Kreider, you'd be a fool not to take it.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 10:05 AM
kovazub94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
You'd still have to seriously consider it. Even at the expense of Kreider. I'm a big fan of the kid, but if you can get a 26 y/o winger of Eriksson's caliber for an unproven commodity like Kreider, you'd be a fool not to take it.
I'd rather do this deal with Kreider as the main asset than Anisimov. Winger for winger makes more sense to us than losing top 6 two-way center.

kovazub94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 11:27 AM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
I'd give up Kreider in a heartbeat if it meant a line of Eriksson-Richards-Gaborik. That solves our offense problem immediately.

Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote