HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Hartnell back to Nashville

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-21-2011, 10:03 AM
  #1
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,290
vCash: 500
Hartnell back to Nashville

With Philly looking to unload a little cash, I'm sure that trading Hartnell would be more appealing than trading Carter. Hartnell has a NTC, but has said in recent times that he enjoyed his time in Nashville, and is still good friends with both Legwand and Tootoo, so I don't think he'd be opposed to waiving to come back. Nashville could use someone with size to play in front of the net on the second PP unit, especially with Joel Ward leaving. Poile has said that the offseason's goal is to add more scoring up front, so all in all, Hartnell could be a good fit for the Preds.

What would it take from Nashville? We have two second round picks, and Cody Franson could be in play as well.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 10:10 AM
  #2
PhillyCurt12
Registered User
 
PhillyCurt12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,007
vCash: 500
how about the earlier of your seconds and a bad/decent prospect or two?

PhillyCurt12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 10:16 AM
  #3
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,290
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyCurt12 View Post
how about the earlier of your seconds and a bad/decent prospect or two?
What about:

38th overall
Charles Olivier-Roussel ?

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 10:19 AM
  #4
Top 6 Spaling
Registered User
 
Top 6 Spaling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 10,633
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
What about:

38th overall
Charles Olivier-Roussel ?
NO BAD. COR is not a bad prospect. at all. he gets lost because we have so many others.....

What about 38th and Taylor Aronson? or Ryan Thang?

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 10:27 AM
  #5
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,290
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
NO BAD. COR is not a bad prospect. at all. he gets lost because we have so many others.....

What about 38th and Taylor Aronson? or Ryan Thang?
COR took a pretty sizable step back this offseason. Aronson is a considerably better prospect at this point. Factor in that COR went on Montreal radio after training camp and badmouthed Sergei Kostitsyn...I think his stock is a little lower in Nashville. I can't really see Philly being interested in Ryan Thang. He might be a 4th line PK guy, at best.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 10:31 AM
  #6
PhillyCurt12
Registered User
 
PhillyCurt12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,007
vCash: 500
as crappy as the philly prospect pool is, there is no shortage of 4th line subs.

PhillyCurt12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 10:34 AM
  #7
Top 6 Spaling
Registered User
 
Top 6 Spaling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 10,633
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
COR took a pretty sizable step back this offseason. Aronson is a considerably better prospect at this point. Factor in that COR went on Montreal radio after training camp and badmouthed Sergei Kostitsyn...I think his stock is a little lower in Nashville. I can't really see Philly being interested in Ryan Thang. He might be a 4th line PK guy, at best.
If you say so. I would still rather have COR. I haven't heard anything good about Aronson recently. I didn't think Thang would be a great piece, but the OP said bad prospects so

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 11:14 AM
  #8
salty justice
Registered User
 
salty justice's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Albania
Posts: 7,169
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
With Philly looking to unload a little cash, I'm sure that trading Hartnell would be more appealing than trading Carter. Hartnell has a NTC, but has said in recent times that he enjoyed his time in Nashville, and is still good friends with both Legwand and Tootoo, so I don't think he'd be opposed to waiving to come back. Nashville could use someone with size to play in front of the net on the second PP unit, especially with Joel Ward leaving. Poile has said that the offseason's goal is to add more scoring up front, so all in all, Hartnell could be a good fit for the Preds.

What would it take from Nashville? We have two second round picks, and Cody Franson could be in play as well.
Are you assuming Nashville won't be able to re-sign him?

salty justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 11:17 AM
  #9
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,290
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by salty justice View Post
Are you assuming Nashville won't be able to re-sign him?
I don't think it's in their best interest, unless he's willing to come back close to what he was making or slightly above. For 2 million or less, I think he's worth it, but I can see someone giving him 2.5-3 on the open market, at which point i think it's smarter to walk away.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 11:50 AM
  #10
glenngineer
Registered User
 
glenngineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,256
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
I don't think it's in their best interest, unless he's willing to come back close to what he was making or slightly above. For 2 million or less, I think he's worth it, but I can see someone giving him 2.5-3 on the open market, at which point i think it's smarter to walk away.
Ward isn't worth $2 million or even the $1.5 million he made last year. He had an amazing playoffs but his regular season was meh. For a team strapped for cash we need a better bang for our buck. While I like Ward he needs to be in the 40 point range for that salary and he's just not there. Hope he gets a nice payday but I don't see it being from us.

If Hartnell can play smart then I'd welcome him back but I don't think he'll ever be smart on the ice. Wasn't the first time around and from what I've seen of him in Philly he hasn't improved in that area. It would be good to have his size back in the lineup though. Might be a nice fit on a line with Erat and Legwand.

glenngineer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 11:51 AM
  #11
PhillyCurt12
Registered User
 
PhillyCurt12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,007
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
If you say so. I would still rather have COR. I haven't heard anything good about Aronson recently. I didn't think Thang would be a great piece, but the OP said bad prospects so
bad/decent prospects is sort of a joke of an expression around here. i pretty much was saying start with a 2nd rounder, then add a little something. personally, i'd put his value as a 1st rounder in the 20-25 range, which is why you'd need to add something to the 38th

PhillyCurt12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 12:29 PM
  #12
FlyLife
Nuthin but a G Thang
 
FlyLife's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Livin the High Life
Country: United States
Posts: 2,370
vCash: 500
Cody Franson straight up. He could replace Carle, who could be moved somewhere else.

FlyLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 12:34 PM
  #13
Soundgarden
Registered User
 
Soundgarden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 6,773
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff VanRichards View Post
Cody Franson straight up. He could replace Carle, who could be moved somewhere else.
I'd do that in a heartbeat. Now if only Harts wasn't in Trotz's doghouse.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 12:40 PM
  #14
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,290
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post
I'd do that in a heartbeat. Now if only Harts wasn't in Trotz's doghouse.
That's pretty bogus. He was no more in Trotz's doghouse than various players throughout our history. It's such thin ice that I don't think we can really judge against it anymore.

I love Cody Franson, and I think he'll continue to grow into a star offensive defenseman, but I'd have to think about that deal, with Josi and Ellis so close down the path.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 12:42 PM
  #15
six sigma
Seahawks/Flyers
 
six sigma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Washington State
Posts: 2,970
vCash: 500
Not that these aren't good value, but I'm not in favor of trading Hartnell.

six sigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:08 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.