HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Hartnell back to Nashville

Old
06-21-2011, 10:03 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

vCash: 500
Hartnell back to Nashville

With Philly looking to unload a little cash, I'm sure that trading Hartnell would be more appealing than trading Carter. Hartnell has a NTC, but has said in recent times that he enjoyed his time in Nashville, and is still good friends with both Legwand and Tootoo, so I don't think he'd be opposed to waiving to come back. Nashville could use someone with size to play in front of the net on the second PP unit, especially with Joel Ward leaving. Poile has said that the offseason's goal is to add more scoring up front, so all in all, Hartnell could be a good fit for the Preds.

What would it take from Nashville? We have two second round picks, and Cody Franson could be in play as well.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 10:10 AM
PhillyCurt12

how about the earlier of your seconds and a bad/decent prospect or two?

PhillyCurt12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 10:16 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyCurt12 View Post
how about the earlier of your seconds and a bad/decent prospect or two?
What about:

38th overall
Charles Olivier-Roussel ?

Old
06-21-2011, 10:19 AM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
What about:

38th overall
Charles Olivier-Roussel ?
NO BAD. COR is not a bad prospect. at all. he gets lost because we have so many others.....

What about 38th and Taylor Aronson? or Ryan Thang?

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 10:27 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
NO BAD. COR is not a bad prospect. at all. he gets lost because we have so many others.....

What about 38th and Taylor Aronson? or Ryan Thang?
COR took a pretty sizable step back this offseason. Aronson is a considerably better prospect at this point. Factor in that COR went on Montreal radio after training camp and badmouthed Sergei Kostitsyn...I think his stock is a little lower in Nashville. I can't really see Philly being interested in Ryan Thang. He might be a 4th line PK guy, at best.

Old
06-21-2011, 10:31 AM
PhillyCurt12

as crappy as the philly prospect pool is, there is no shortage of 4th line subs.

Old
06-21-2011, 10:34 AM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
COR took a pretty sizable step back this offseason. Aronson is a considerably better prospect at this point. Factor in that COR went on Montreal radio after training camp and badmouthed Sergei Kostitsyn...I think his stock is a little lower in Nashville. I can't really see Philly being interested in Ryan Thang. He might be a 4th line PK guy, at best.
If you say so. I would still rather have COR. I haven't heard anything good about Aronson recently. I didn't think Thang would be a great piece, but the OP said bad prospects so

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 11:14 AM
salty justice

Quote:
With Philly looking to unload a little cash, I'm sure that trading Hartnell would be more appealing than trading Carter. Hartnell has a NTC, but has said in recent times that he enjoyed his time in Nashville, and is still good friends with both Legwand and Tootoo, so I don't think he'd be opposed to waiving to come back. Nashville could use someone with size to play in front of the net on the second PP unit, especially with Joel Ward leaving. Poile has said that the offseason's goal is to add more scoring up front, so all in all, Hartnell could be a good fit for the Preds.

What would it take from Nashville? We have two second round picks, and Cody Franson could be in play as well.
Are you assuming Nashville won't be able to re-sign him?

salty justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 11:17 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by salty justice View Post
Are you assuming Nashville won't be able to re-sign him?
I don't think it's in their best interest, unless he's willing to come back close to what he was making or slightly above. For 2 million or less, I think he's worth it, but I can see someone giving him 2.5-3 on the open market, at which point i think it's smarter to walk away.

Old
06-21-2011, 11:50 AM
glenngineer

Quote:
I don't think it's in their best interest, unless he's willing to come back close to what he was making or slightly above. For 2 million or less, I think he's worth it, but I can see someone giving him 2.5-3 on the open market, at which point i think it's smarter to walk away.
Ward isn't worth $2 million or even the $1.5 million he made last year. He had an amazing playoffs but his regular season was meh. For a team strapped for cash we need a better bang for our buck. While I like Ward he needs to be in the 40 point range for that salary and he's just not there. Hope he gets a nice payday but I don't see it being from us.

If Hartnell can play smart then I'd welcome him back but I don't think he'll ever be smart on the ice. Wasn't the first time around and from what I've seen of him in Philly he hasn't improved in that area. It would be good to have his size back in the lineup though. Might be a nice fit on a line with Erat and Legwand.

glenngineer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 11:51 AM
PhillyCurt12

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
If you say so. I would still rather have COR. I haven't heard anything good about Aronson recently. I didn't think Thang would be a great piece, but the OP said bad prospects so
bad/decent prospects is sort of a joke of an expression around here. i pretty much was saying start with a 2nd rounder, then add a little something. personally, i'd put his value as a 1st rounder in the 20-25 range, which is why you'd need to add something to the 38th

Old
06-21-2011, 12:29 PM
FlyLife
Nuthin but a G Thang

Cody Franson straight up. He could replace Carle, who could be moved somewhere else.

FlyLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 12:34 PM
Soundgarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff VanRichards View Post
Cody Franson straight up. He could replace Carle, who could be moved somewhere else.
I'd do that in a heartbeat. Now if only Harts wasn't in Trotz's doghouse.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 12:40 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post
I'd do that in a heartbeat. Now if only Harts wasn't in Trotz's doghouse.
That's pretty bogus. He was no more in Trotz's doghouse than various players throughout our history. It's such thin ice that I don't think we can really judge against it anymore.

I love Cody Franson, and I think he'll continue to grow into a star offensive defenseman, but I'd have to think about that deal, with Josi and Ellis so close down the path.

Old
06-21-2011, 12:42 PM
six sigma
Seahawks/Flyers

Not that these aren't good value, but I'm not in favor of trading Hartnell.

six sigma is offline   Reply With Quote