HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Cgy Mtl

Old
06-21-2011, 04:50 AM
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio

vCash: 500
Cgy Mtl

To CGY
Weber +1st

To MTL
For 1st

If Schiefele is available/ Wisniewski is resigned

subbanged is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 04:58 AM
Johnnybegood13

And why would Calgary do this?

Johnnybegood13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 05:00 AM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

vCash: 50
why would montreal do it

Welcome to Edmonton Connor McDavid--the rest of you HA HA HA HA HA HA
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 05:07 AM
King Woodballs
**** HFJets

vCash: 375
why would either do this?

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 11:07 AM
DropIt

I think Calgary would rather take their chances with a 2nd round pick if they were to move down in the draft.

DropIt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 12:02 PM
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis

17th to 13th for Weber? Here is one Habs fan's vote for "No way!".

Weber showed great improvement last season and looks like he'll be a decent NHL defenseman. With good skill upside. He's worth more than 4 spots in the draft. Unless there is one of those Fowler-like cases of a top-5 prospect plummeting who is miraculously available at #13. Although if that happens, and I'm Feaster, I just take that guy myself. So the trade still doesn't happen.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 12:14 PM
bleuetbio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
17th to 13th for Weber? Here is one Habs fan's vote for "No way!".

Weber showed great improvement last season and looks like he'll be a decent NHL defenseman. With good skill upside. He's worth more than 4 spots in the draft. Unless there is one of those Fowler-like cases of a top-5 prospect plummeting who is miraculously available at #13. Although if that happens, and I'm Feaster, I just take that guy myself. So the trade still doesn't happen.
Its a good proposal with fair value. You need a 2nd round pick for a move of 4 spots and Weber for a 2nd its fair now. Maybe his value will raise after next year but it could also fall. For me, Weber is better than a mid 2nd rounder but with Diaz and Emelin on board next year, it could be difficult for him to find a place again. So I dont know. If a sleeper from the top 9 is available, I do the trade

bleuetbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 12:32 PM
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleuetbio View Post
Its a good proposal with fair value. You need a 2nd round pick for a move of 4 spots and Weber for a 2nd its fair now. Maybe his value will raise after next year but it could also fall. For me, Weber is better than a mid 2nd rounder but with Diaz and Emelin on board next year, it could be difficult for him to find a place again. So I dont know. If a sleeper from the top 9 is available, I do the trade
I would need specifics, it would be entirely subjective depending on who was available who I just happened to have a high opinion of. I don't trade Weber for any general 2nd round pick. Perhaps not for a late 1st. Bottom line is that he's a player who has "made it". He's in the NHL. And still has some upside to work his way up the depth chart. Half the picks mentioned (late 1st/2nd) aren't going to make the NHL at all, and if they do it's not going to be for 5 years. Just a personal preference thing, then. He's better than Diaz and Emelin in my books (until they prove anything otherwise), and worth more too.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 12:36 PM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 178
The only reason I would want to move up is to assure we acquire Biggs at the draft. We do this by packaging our first with another pick or a low level prospect. Weber is neither, and thus no deal.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote