HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

a few more Comrie proposals

Closed Thread

Old
10-16-2003, 11:25 PM
speeds

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter orange
Make #3:

Comrie, Rita & Allen ---------- for Cullen, Van Ryan, Biron

...and you've got a deal.
that would be just a terrible deal, IMO, for the Oilers.

What use is Cullen? He's simply too old for what EDM is doing. If Weiss is in there, and EDM likes him, that might make some sense.

If the deal were something like:

Comrie, Rita

for

Weiss, Krajicek

I could see why EDM might make it, could maybe even see why FLA would do it (if they are sold on Rita, for example)

Old
10-17-2003, 11:22 AM
NJDevils#4
Since 2002, bishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by FacelessButcher
not a roster one I guess that is what I should of said, he should be nothing more than a depth guy for 1.5-2 more years and then might have a chance to crack the top 6.
Where'd you get your avatar from?

Old
10-17-2003, 11:44 AM
Cerebral

I like the idea of Zidlicky coming over but I'm not completely sold on Arkhipov.. I don't think Lowe would deal Comrie to Nashville unless one of Legwand, Hartnell or Hamhuis is involved.. i'd welcome any of the three with open arms

Old
10-17-2003, 12:18 PM
FacelessButcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevils#4
Where'd you get your avatar from?
stole it from a larger picture.

Old
10-17-2003, 01:48 PM
Big Deaner

Send a message via Yahoo to Big Deaner
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter orange
I'd love for the Oil to get a guy like Gleason... Any one like:

Comrie & 3rd ----------- for Gleason & 1st (the Kings are a much better club this year and should have a lower pick in the 1st round...maybe in the 15th - 20th range...a second would not cut it in this deal).
From the POV of a neutral fan, this deal looks pretty fair.

Old
10-17-2003, 01:50 PM
FacelessButcher

det-edm-ott

Edmonton Ottawa trades never work out but they have d and centers that we want and they want a lw but we don't want to lose Ryan.

To Ott:
Comrie
Semenov(future poor mans Chara)

To Edm:
Chara
4th pick 2004

Ottawa new d-pairing---------------Edm new d-pairing
Redden-Rachunek------------------Brewer-Chara
Phillips-Volchenkov-----------------Staios-Smith
Semenov-Pothier------------------Bergeron-Ferguson

then....
To Det:
Comrie
3rd or 2nd pick?

To Ott:
Shanahan

Comrie is on the up and Shanahan is on his way down but Shanny brings a lot to the team and is a really good fit in Ottawa. Detroit gets younger Comrie should almost match if not beat Shannys numbers this year or next then will continue to grow while Shanahan continues a slow slide to retirement.

New Detroit top 2 lines-------------New Ottawa top 2 lines
Whitney-Comrie-Yzerman-----------Shanahan-Spezza-Alfredson
Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Hull------------White-Bonk-Hossa

P.S. what would it cost Edmonton for just Vermette or Fisher?
Vermette=Rita? Fisher=2nd+4th pick?

Old
10-17-2003, 02:21 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 135
Shanahan aint going anywhere
Ottawa is still trying to move Bonk'
The oilers will want either Fisher or Spezza(I know the answer to that already--so don't get huffy) in return for Comrie

Old
10-17-2003, 07:43 PM
hunter orange

Speeds:

I'll have to disagree with your criticism of the following:

Comrie, Rita & Allen ---------- for ---------- Cullen, Van Ryan, Biron

While I'm not a big Cullen fan in the least, it's hard to criticize a guy who's clearly in the Keenan/Dudley doghouse. He had decent numbers in Anaheim and good be a victim of Keenan's narrow-mindedness. I think he and Horcoff could compete for second line center duties. Further, he's only 26/27 and would contribute until the Pouliot/ Niinamaki era.

The core of the deal for me, however, would be the addition of Van Ryan and Biron. Van Ryan (I predict) will finally have his breakout out season and will finish 1st or 2nd in scoring (defenseman) in Florida. He's only 24 and WILL become the PP quaterback Edm so desperately needs.

Biron is a guy I've always secretly liked. I've tried to bring him to Edm in past proposals as a throw in. His career has been dismal thus far, but many forget he's still only 23, a former first rounder and he's nearly 11 feet tall. Like Chara, it takes the crane defenseman longer to develope. He, too, could be ready to break out in a year or two.

It would be real nice if we could change Allen to Bergeron and 3rd and get Kozlov instead of Cullen

Comrie, Rita, Bergeron, 3rd ----- for ----- Kozlov, Van Ryan, Biron.

Old
10-17-2003, 07:55 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebral
I like the idea of Zidlicky coming over but I'm not completely sold on Arkhipov.. I don't think Lowe would deal Comrie to Nashville unless one of Legwand, Hartnell or Hamhuis is involved.. i'd welcome any of the three with open arms
I bet you'd like Zidlicky for Comrie if we added Hartnell, Legwand or Hamhuis.

Fact is non of those would be offered for an undersized one dimensional winger who's holding out for a superstar paycheck. Not in cash strapped Nashville.

Comrie's value is declinning consistantly, I don't know if you all noticed but it's an buyers (owners) market right now.

Old
10-17-2003, 08:36 PM
FacelessButcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman
I bet you'd like Zidlicky for Comrie if we added Hartnell, Legwand or Hamhuis.

Fact is none of those would be offered for an undersized one dimensional winger who's holding out for a superstar paycheck. Not in cash strapped Nashville.

Comrie's value is declinning consistantly, I don't know if you all noticed but it's an buyers (owners) market right now.
I have been wanting Zidlicky before the season even started but now with his stellar play he is quickly becoming a coveted asset for the Preds and doubt very much they would trade him. Comrie does not want to play here because of home town pressure and public scrutiny nearly every person in Edmonton knows exactly what he looks like and can't get a moments peace. Money he is asking for is unknown probably two million(Lowe laughed when asked if he was asking for Richards money and said no which is 2.4 a year with 4.5mill on the 3rd year) which Edmonton can afford but he has requested a trade it's not about the money he just want's out, I am sure it would be to much for Nashville though since u took a while to come to terms with Legwand and Hartnell who definetly deserve more then what they are being payed.

Size is an issue with Comrie but when u have skill many of the drawbacks of size can be eliminated as has been proven countless times, secondly he is not a winger (do u even know what ur talking about?), his defense is purely average Nhl level no better no worse he is miles ahead of Yashin in this department and can put up similair point totals(70-80pts) but is constantly demeaned just because he is missing 6inches and 40lbs on him and don't tell me Comrie is a cry baby because Yashin was far worse and not a team player by any means. Yashin also was horrible in the playoffs where Comrie demonstrated he can come up in the clutch moments by carrying Edmonton for a large part of the 2001-2002 season and got an O.T. goal against Dallas in the playoffs. Yashin got market value and quite a bit more (Mad Mike strikes again) I think Comrie will get a little less than that based purely on size which is fine (unless a serious injury occurs on a big name team) but their is no need to bash Comrie. He is a star player in this league and could help a lot of teams if u don't want him fine but trust me there are individuals that do Lowe just has to wait for the opportunity to present itself.

Old
10-17-2003, 08:43 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Sorry, I should have said center, doesn't matter he doesn't fit the Predators mold for center. Look at our centers, Murray, Legwand, Arkhipov, Johnson. All are good 2way centers with good size. I just don't think he would be a good fit in Nashville under Trotz. I am not in anyway calling him a crybaby. I do however find it hard to believe it's not about money, it's always about money. But asking for more than Zidlicky for a player who is not even under contract is a little much.

Old
10-17-2003, 08:47 PM
FacelessButcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman
Sorry, I should have said center, doesn't matter he doesn't fit the Predators mold for center. Look at our centers, Murray, Legwand, Arkhipov, Johnson. All are good 2way centers with good size. I just don't think he would be a good fit in Nashville under Trotz. I am not in anyway calling him a crybaby. I do however find it hard to believe it's not about money, it's always about money. But asking for more than Zidlicky for a player who is not even under contract is a little much.
fair enough and I can see the Preds style and it is fairly evident he does not fit your mold but he is far from a waste of a player I know I went on for a little bit but so many people on these boards take little pop shots at Comrie but its like they say u can only poke a sleeping bear so many times before he gets up and bites ur Fu*k'n head off , that is all.

Old
10-18-2003, 12:24 AM
Fists of Fuhry

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGM
I wouldn't trade Brown straight up for Lupul so there is no way that I think that I would trade him AND Gleason for Comrie when all it would take from Ana is Lupul and 5th.

How about this,

Brown and Steckle for

Comrie and Chimera.

Closed Thread